HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

St. John's IceCaps 2012-13 Season Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Trevor3

vCash: 500
St. John's IceCaps 2012-13 Season Thread

Being late July, I feel it's now time for the IceCaps new season thread to make it's appearance. Perhaps discuss who is expected to come back, who is likely to make the jump up in training camp and which Jets prospects are expected to make the jump to the AHL this season.

First off though, the IceCaps and True North Sports and Entertainment extended their three year agreement to include the 2014-15 season, meaning TNSE has now committed 4 years to St. John's.

CBC Story - IceCaps ink deal to stay in St. John's through 2014-15

Trevor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:33 PM
IceCapsFanNL

I selected my seasons ticket seats last Saturday. When I was done there couldn't have been more than about 400 seats left. More people were coming after me. It would surprise me if less than 6000 seats were gone by now

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 12:18 PM
IceCapsNation

I think they'll have a pretty solid forward core, I'm basing that on Jaffray returning. The forward Core would have:

Jaffray
King
Gagnon
Klingberg
O'dell
Cormier
Maceneur
Gregoire
Clarke
Albert
Telegin
Tremblay
Schnell

I assume Machacek will be in Winnipeg given his great output during his call up last year.

I really think Tremblay is going to have a fantastic season under McCambridge. He could see time from the 1st line to the 3rd line. I imagine he will mostly be a fixture on the 2nd line.

Defence is going to be a big time work in progress. The only 3 guys I have confidence in for this season is Meech, Redmond ( who in my mind will be 1 and 2 respectivley) and O'Neil as the 3rd man. Oneil will be relied on heavily as a Desantis type player for the power play. Very similar puck carriers.

In goal I have no worries. Either combination of Pasquale and Montoya or Dekanich should be very sturdy.

Now keep in mind, this is if there is no lock out. With a lock out, the team could look different.

Last edited by IceCapsNation: 07-24-2012 at 04:49 PM.
IceCapsNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Trevor3

http://stjohnsicecaps.com/article/co...training-camp/

The city of Corner Brook is hosting the IceCaps training camp from October 1-5. Neat move by the IceCaps to build a following across the province.

Then they'll face the Syracuse Crunch for the Mary Browns Cup on October 4,5, and 7th in Corner Brook, Stephenville and Clarenville. My hometown gets a Friday night AHL game in October. You can bet your mortgage that the Dome will be packed for that one!

Old
08-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Canadienjet

Jaffray-Gagnon-King
Cormier-Maxwell-Klingberg
Tremblay-Albert-Clark
O'Dell-Macenauer-Sawada

x-Telegin,Gregoire

Meech-Ramsey
Redmond-Arsene
O'Neill-Melchiori

Pasquale
Dekanich

Rough sketch of the roster again I will assume Jaffray returns.

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Lethbeardski
Rookie User

So I guess everyone has Postma cracking the Jets roster? Lots of offensive skill, but I always got nervous when he skated out over centre ice. Not sure if the Jets need ANOTHER offensive d-man on the roster. They already have Enstrom, Byfuglien and Bogosian.

Lethbeardski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Trevor3

I just picked up my tickets for the IceCaps preseason game in Stephenville. $25 a ticket and the rink capacity is about 2000.

Hoping some fans of other teams might see this, how much do preseason games go for in other AHL cities?

Old
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Looks like you guys will be getting some talent and fans from Manitoba (or my case elsewhere)...

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...id=DL|WPG|home
Quote:
The players assigned to St. John’s include Alexander Burmistrov, Chris Carrozzi, Ben Chairot, Patrice Cormier, Jason Gregoire, Carl Klingberg, Julian Melchiori, Eric O’Dell, Will O’Neill, Edward Pasquale, Zach Redmond, Cody Sol and Ivan Telegin.
Interested to see how Burmistrov fits in to the lineup.

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:19 PM
IceCapsFanNL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiSVT3Co5k

MileOne has a new clock for the new season!!

Caps carrying 30 players into the weekend, maybe more cuts depending on injuries next week

Old
10-12-2012, 08:57 AM
PensFan6687

I am so excited for you Newfies! Good for you having the new scoreboard, inheriting a great AHL team, with a superb captain in Jaffs! I miss my Moose, but I am very happy to be a Jets season ticket holder now. See, it paid to be an AHL fan!

P.S. I prefer the AHL brand to the NHL! Better bang for your buck! Having said that, I also like being an NHL season ticket holder now.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 10:43 AM
IceCapsFanNL

According to piece in The Telegram yesterday, last year after the seasons tickets were distributed, and the 10 packs were sold, there was about 800 seats for sale for each game. As we know they sold them all for every game.

This season there was less than 100 seats for each game, and most of them singles.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:23 PM
IceCapsNation

Danny Williams stated in the telegram yesterday that there are less than 55 tickets available for each home game

IceCapsNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 02:57 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Is Dekanich finaly healthey ?

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 03:29 PM
MrMariusz

Good luck IceCaps!

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Fordsy33

2 assists by Burmistrov last game! Have any of you guys seen any action so far? I heard that he has been a pretty dominant player with the puck but haven't seen any video.

And yes, Dekanich got the first win of the season for the Caps. He seems to be feeling better from what he says on Twitter.

Last edited by Fordsy33: 10-15-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Adding info.
Fordsy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 03:36 PM
MrMariusz

First away win is a fact, and a comeback win too =)

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Trevor3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordsy33 View Post
2 assists by Burmistrov last game! Have any of you guys seen any action so far? I heard that he has been a pretty dominant player with the puck but haven't seen any video.

And yes, Dekanich got the first win of the season for the Caps. He seems to be feeling better from what he says on Twitter.
I was at the preseason game vs. Syracuse in Stephenville and Burmistrov was far and away the most dominant player out there. He has spent 2 years in the NHL and it shows, he's on a different level than most guys out there.

On one shift he carried the puck in deep on the right wing, cut behind the net, reversed back where he came from, was knocked down, pulled the puck back in, got up and spun off a defender, took 2 strides and centred it to Tremblay who missed the net. It was almost like he was toying with the Crunch defencemen.

Old
10-19-2012, 03:33 PM
habsfan87

anyone know what happend to Garth Murray? I know he retired, but anyone know why? Get offered another job in hockey? Injuries? Last I heard he was optimistic about returning to the Ice Caps.

habsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote