HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
For anyone interested on the polls board there is a Bogo Vs. Gardiner poll. Bogo is smoking him 80+ % but it should be more.
The interesting part about that poll though King is, especially early, it appeared to be overwhelmingly Leaf based fans and almost all of them picked Bogosian and sang his praises. Pretty common for them to say they liked Gardiner and felt 30 points for a rookie D man was great but Bogo is at the next level and had a better PPG average despite being the shut down defender for the Jets. Seems like for the most part he is getting allot of love from the other camp on that thread.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:05 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
The interesting part about that poll though King is, especially early, it appeared to be overwhelmingly Leaf based fans and almost all of them picked Bogosian and sang his praises. Pretty common for them to say they liked Gardiner and felt 30 points for a rookie D man was great but Bogo is at the next level and had a better PPG average despite being the shut down defender for the Jets. Seems like for the most part he is getting allot of love from the other camp on that thread.
PS...I'm finally starting to feel through consisting posting (with you being at the head of the class) the rest of the league is just starting to appreciate who good Bogo actually is.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:34 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

i've posted this on a few other trucking related forums, I figured what the hell might as well post it here:

It was wicked freezing rain in Whitewood, SK last night. I was trying to make it to the truck stop, but was stopped short about a km away. A Bison turnpike and Mark Brandt truck came together on a left hand curve and Mark Brandt jacknifed blocking the highway. The only way I was able to stop was hit the right shoulder and use the snow to stop me, brakes were completely useless. That was the initial accident then all hell broke loose. Every single vehicle that tried to negotiate the curve ended up in the ditch. First it was Motrux going east, he stopped at the beginning of the curve (huge mistake) and slid sideways into the median. After that it was truck after truck going west hitting the ditch. I think I counted four across from me, two further up, and two even further up. You couldn't stop on the straightaway, the crown of the road would put you in the ditch. Later I heard 5 trucks hit the ditch just the other side of Whitewood.

A little puke in a small tow truck comes and says "I've got a big wrecker coming". I told him don't bother unless you salt the road. He shrugged me off. Big wrecker comes (350+ wheelbase, a huge one) and attempts to get at the first truck. To do this he has to negotiate the curve. He put "tokyo drift" to shame. I've never seen such a large vehicle go around a curve like that at a 45 degree angle. He almost made it, but hit the ditch and went in deeper than all the semis.

A front loader comes do help get the wrecker out and attempts to negotiate the curve. Guess what happens? Yup slides sideways into the ditch. Luckily he can drive in the snow.

RCMP comes later and I'm waving at him to go on the left shoulder (the high shoulder for west bound). He doesn't listen, keeps driving in the middle of the road, as soon as he slows down he slides into the ditch. Luckily he was barely able to get out by backing into the ditch, taking a run at the highway and he made it up to the high side shoulder.

I swear there was another tow truck stuck further up too. That road was literally impassable. Motrux managed to put on four tire chains and get out of the median, but as soon as he hit the higher grade of the curve his trailer slid back into the median. Trying to steer just caused his steer tire to hit the median. Now he's really stuck.

If you're ever driving in freezing rain it's always the curves that cause accidents. If you can make it to the curve, go to the high side shoulder. Left shoulder for a right curve and right shoulder for a left curve. If you can't make it there stop straddling the dotted line. Coast to a stop. Anything else and you're in the ditch. The only thing that will stop you is snow. Hopefully there's some you can grab on the high side.

All this could've been prevented with a little salt just as the rain started. Every single truck that hit the ditch was warned by me on the CB radio how to come to a stop as described above. Only two listened. Those two were the only ones that didn't hit the ditch.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:42 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
PS...I'm finally starting to feel through consisting posting (with you being at the head of the class) the rest of the league is just starting to appreciate who good Bogo actually is.
If the NHL gets back to hockey this year I hope the surgery (and lack of ability to train) doesn't set him back King and he builds on last year. I do think many of the Jets fans have taken the opprotunity to educate the other teams fans who might not have had the luxury of seeing Bogo's progression this past season. Our advanced stats research department (garret and Truck) have done a very good job of arming us with the facts that show just how solid Zach was as a Jet. It's be a fun crusade.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Yea he really laid it in perfectly. That was just a great game!! Bama has won a couple of those types this year.........should be a high profile national title game against Notre Dame. Talk about original 6 type historic matchup
Although I wouldn't mind Bama crushing Notre Dame, in the end I'm just hoping it's a good game. At least better than the title game from last season.

Feel bad for our resident Huskers fan (bigplay41). 70-31? 539 rushing yards allowed? Wow.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:43 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Damn my Huskers got there butts kicked

Old
12-02-2012, 07:49 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Although I wouldn't mind Bama crushing Notre Dame, in the end I'm just hoping it's a good game. At least better than the title game from last season.

Feel bad for our resident Huskers fan (bigplay41). 70-31? 539 rushing yards allowed? Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Damn my Huskers got there butts kicked
UGLY

But man was that QB scramble the play of the night or what.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:45 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post

Yeah man was tough to watch yet I couldn't change the channel. Looking a like instead of a rose bowl its now an Outback Bowl vs LSU.... That could be even uglier

Old
12-02-2012, 10:46 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Quote:
UGLY

But man was that QB scramble the play of the night or what.
Yeah man amazing run by Taylor Martinez only bright spot last night haha

Old
12-02-2012, 05:10 PM
blueandgoldguy

Less then 50% completion rate. 2 interceptions. Barely 100 yards in passing, most of that in garbage time. Team loses the game despite running back gaining over 200 yards along the ground.

Christian Ponder is garbage. He has been garbage for most of the season. Worst starting QB in the NFL. He wouldn't be a starting QB in the CFL either.

It's nothing but stubborness and politics that's allowed this guy to continue at starting quarterback for the Vikes. IT's time to sit him down for the Vikings' sake and his own.

Old
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Troy Aikman speaks the truth on Fox broadcast : "Now Adrian Peterson knows what Barry Sanders felt like all those years"

Old
12-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Less then 50% completion rate. 2 interceptions. Barely 100 yards in passing, most of that in garbage time. Team loses the game despite running back gaining over 200 yards along the ground.

Christian Ponder is garbage. He has been garbage for most of the season. Worst starting QB in the NFL. He wouldn't be a starting QB in the CFL either.

It's nothing but stubborness and politics that's allowed this guy to continue at starting quarterback for the Vikes. IT's time to sit him down for the Vikings' sake and his own.
My buddy kept telling me to drop Freeman to pick up Ponder at the start of the year. Glad I didn't. Of course I did drop Freeman, Rivers and traded for Ryan, picked up Dalton. Happy with the direction I went in

He also offered me Doug Martin + Stevie Johnson for Marshawn Lynch. Which I stupidly turned down (before Martin's breakout). Urgh.

And somehow he's first in my fantasy pool, I'm 9th (of 10). Amazing.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
That is the quote of the year.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:15 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post

For the first time in the near 20 years I have been a fan, i am embarassed to be a Vikings fan. That includes last years 3-13 fiasco.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
dhfromkw

If anybody is interested, SportChek at Polo Park is blowing out Manitoba Moose premier jerseys for $17.93 each. Only mediums left, but both home and away are available.

Nice pickup for my small collection, even if I never wear it.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Annoying. Today I was cold the entire day (-17°C), so I some new clothes to, you know, not die. Just noticed that it's gonna be 1°C on Wednesday.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Annoying. Today I was cold the entire day (-17°C), so I some new clothes to, you know, not die. Just noticed that it's gonna be 1°C on Wednesday.
Same in Winnipeg. It was cold for a while and for some of the weekend and today it's hovering around 0 and everything is melting/rainy. So crappy.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
ps241
It's closing time.

A friend of mine was in Minsk last week and caught the KHL game where Minsk beat Malkin's team in the shootout. I guess the crowd was pretty wild and very into it.

Stapler got a goal and dinged a post and crossbar as well. He also got the game winner in the shootout. Tim is currently 6th in goal scoring in the KHL and apparently if you go north of 20 goals in the K you usually get a solid next contract ($2 million a year multiyear). Due to how short their season is I guess its not easy to pot 20 goals. My friend said the Minsk arena is awesome and the building really rocks. Fun fact when Stapler scores the PA announcer does the usual crank up the crowd "goal scored by TIM".......(then he pauses) and the entire crowd yells STAPLETON (like we do true North). As you might guess he is really popular due to the fact he is the leading scorer.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
A friend of mine was in Minsk last week and caught the KHL game where Minsk beat Malkin's team in the shootout. I guess the crowd was pretty wild and very into it.

Stapler got a goal and dinged a post and crossbar as well. He also got the game winner in the shootout. Tim is currently 6th in goal scoring in the KHL and apparently if you go north of 20 goals in the K you usually get a solid next contract ($2 million a year multiyear). Due to how short their season is I guess its not easy to pot 20 goals. My friend said the Minsk arena is awesome and the building really rocks. Fun fact when Stapler scores the PA announcer does the usual crank up the crowd "goal scored by TIM".......(then he pauses) and the entire crowd yells STAPLETON (like we do true North). As you might guess he is really popular due to the fact he is the leading scorer.
That's freaking awesome. I'm glad Stapler's doing so well there.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Same in Winnipeg. It was cold for a while and for some of the weekend and today it's hovering around 0 and everything is melting/rainy. So crappy.
I'm just hoping that the snow will stay until Christmas! I hate the snow raining away in December, just to return in full force in like February.

Old
12-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Old
12-03-2012, 03:35 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
So, what's he saying? Stapleton's #1?

Old
12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
So, what's he saying? Stapleton's #1?
Stapleton #1! Stapleton #1! Stapleton #1! Stapleton #1! Stapleton #1!

Everybody chant!

Old
12-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Daynz
What!?!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...181792101.html

Quote:
WINNIPEG - An Manitoba Court of Appeal judge bristled Monday at suggestions disgraced former hockey coach Graham James ever thought he had "loving" relationships with the players he abused.

Defence lawyer Evan Roitenberg was arguing against a Crown appeal to increase the two years James received in March for abusing former NHL star Theo Fleury and his cousin Todd Holt when they were in junior hockey.

"For me, you are pushing a big rock up a steep hill if you want me to accept that," said Justice Al MacInnes. He noted James threatened players to maintain their silence and how his victims wrapped themselves in blankets to fend off the abuse.

The Court of Appeal reserved decision on the Crown appeal.

MacInnes made it clear that if it had been up to him, the sentence would have been longer. But the Appeal Court judges said they were only looking at whether sentencing Judge Catherine Carlson strayed too far outside the acceptable guidelines.

James, who did not attend the hearing, is already eligible to ask for full parole and will be eligible for statutory release next summer, if his sentence remains unchanged.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Just watched this, and realized how much I actually miss the NHL.

Closed Thread