HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 11:58 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Redskins offense looked really nice tonight......power run game off the stretch blocking with QB options built in. the stretch blocking reminded me allot of Denver when Terrell Davis ripped off 2000 plus yards. I am impressed with the scheme. that was a fun game to watch tonight, playoff atmosphere.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Redskins offense looked really nice tonight......power run game off the stretch blocking with QB options built in. the stretch blocking reminded me allot of Denver when Terrell Davis ripped off 2000 plus yards. I am impressed with the scheme. that was a fun game to watch tonight, playoff atmosphere.
Ha, remember when Mike Shanahan said that he was going to be "evaluating for next season"? That was what, a month ago? Lo and behold, they're back in the thick of the NFC wildcard race. That stretch zone scheme can be devastating if you've got the right personnel to run it. That's what much of Arian Foster's success in Houston can be attributed to (not taking anything away from him mind you, he's got great speed, power and vision).

Old
12-04-2012, 12:24 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Ha, remember when Mike Shanahan said that he was going to be "evaluating for next season"? That was what, a month ago? Lo and behold, they're back in the thick of the NFC wildcard race. That stretch zone scheme can be devastating if you've got the right personnel to run it. That's what much of Arian Foster's success in Houston can be attributed to (not taking anything away from him mind you, he's got great speed, power and vision).

Very true that same zone blocking scheme made Steve Slaton and Domanick Davis beats.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
yea Shanny was a bit frustrated in the conference. they could make some noise before the year is done that is a tough Offense to defend against. RG3 runs the offense well and if you sell out to stop the run he can definatley beat you with his arm. that's the first time I have watched the Skins for a full game and I would not want to meet them in the playoffs.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
yea Shanny was a bit frustrated in the conference. they could make some noise before the year is done that is a tough Offense to defend against. RG3 runs the offense well and if you sell out to stop the run he can definatley beat you with his arm. that's the first time I have watched the Skins for a full game and I would not want to meet them in the playoffs.
NFC wildcard should be interesting. That last spot looks to probably go to Washington, Dallas, Tampa Bay or Seattle. Washington is probably the most dangerous, Seattle has a solid D and a decently explosive offense. Tampa Bay's offense is really good (very odd for TB who I am became a fan of in the late 90's with smothering defenses) and can outscore you any game. I am not a Dallas fan, idk, they are always just there but not really it seems lol.

Hopefully my Bucs can pull it off. They can outscore anybody any week it seems, very good big play offense. And honestly for those of you who have not seen much of Doug Martin, that kid is the real deal. Smallish, but explosive and built like a truck. Can run between the tackles, can run outside, deadly in open field in the passing game, he might be the absolute steal of the draft, IMO. New favourite player in the NFL for me Their secondary is made of swiss cheese, but hey they are only a .500 team for a reason.

I imagine they will improve it this off-season and they might challenge for the NFC South next year and for a bunch more years afterwards with the young talent they have. Especially if they get just little more luck in the injury department next year (3 starting o-lineman, starting S, DE, LB all missing at least 14 games this season).

Old
12-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Yeah, I hadn't watched a full Redskins game this year either. A couple great rookies there. And according to their facebook page, 1st team ever with a 2000+ yard rookie QB and 1000+ rookie RB in one season. Pretty neat.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:52 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

I agree on Tampa Holden, I watched them against my Bronco's this past Sunday and similar to Washinton they come at you with a power run game then when you commit to stopping it Freeman beats you with with the deep ball to VJ or Williams. I had not watched Martin yet and assumed he was a CJ2K or McCoy prototype smallish explosive back but I was wrong.....they said he was over 220 (on the telecast) and he is closer to an Adrian Peterson type in the sense he does allot of damage between the tackles but can break the big one.. he and Richardson have made up a tremendous rookie one two punch and if you throw in Morris from Washington who was impressive last night the draft class has some RB talent.

NFL is such an even league and the margins are so narrow......anyone of these teams could take out Atlanta in Atlanta in the playoffs it's just that close.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:00 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

The tale of two fantacy leagues. In my long time league I finished in first place with a 10-3 record and get the bye which has historically been the kiss of death in that league with only one champion coming out of that position in 8 years. In my other league I got all my RB injuries at the same time which set me back and I missed the playoffs on the last day of the season.

Maybe this year I will get some luck in the playoffs for once because I have written the book on how not to win in weird quirky ways despite finishing as the top or 2nd highest scoring team most years. One year the collapsed roof in Minnesoda cost me the championship.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:22 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Yeah, I hadn't watched a full Redskins game this year either. A couple great rookies there. And according to their facebook page, 1st team ever with a 2000+ yard rookie QB and 1000+ rookie RB in one season. Pretty neat.
Hammer I picked up Alexander off the waivers (nice Avatar) a few weeks back and he has been lighting it up. I have not seen him play live yet but need to decide if I want to take a chance on him during our semi finals. As a Bolts fan what are you seeing from him now that he is finally healthy and on the roster. Tough to trust him when I have Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, and Eric Decker? That being said over the past 4 weeks he has been averaging 9 targets a game and 44.5 fantasy points in our scoring format? 4 Games is a reasonable sample size can you comment on how why he is going off?

Old
12-04-2012, 06:33 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Won a hundred bucks on a grey cup ticket today!
Woohoo

Old
12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
Hammer I picked up Alexander off the waivers (nice Avatar) a few weeks back and he has been lighting it up. I have not seen him play live yet but need to decide if I want to take a chance on him during our semi finals. As a Bolts fan what are you seeing from him now that he is finally healthy and on the roster. Tough to trust him when I have Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, and Eric Decker? That being said over the past 4 weeks he has been averaging 9 targets a game and 44.5 fantasy points in our scoring format? 4 Games is a reasonable sample size can you comment on how why he is going off?
He's really quite talented. I think the knocks on him when he was with the Rams were that he wasn't very rugged - he'd have a good streak of a couple games and then drop off the radar. Doesn't seem to be the case this year.

Rivers seems to be really comfortable with him already. I think it was against the Ravens where literally everyone on the team had a bad game besides him and he caught the only TD pass. I notice he gets a hell of a lot of yards after his catches too.

So I guess it's a combination of his talent and Rivers' comfort level with him. He must be right up there with Floyd the last 3-4 games for targets because he seems to have the ball a fair bit.

Next game is against the Steelers and they're pretty stingy on pass D. But then again Manning barely passed to Decker at all last weekend so I might still put Alexander in over him.

I went to pick up Alexander after his first good game and someone had already grabbed him.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:21 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
He's really quite talented. I think the knocks on him when he was with the Rams were that he wasn't very rugged - he'd have a good streak of a couple games and then drop off the radar. Doesn't seem to be the case this year.

Rivers seems to be really comfortable with him already. I think it was against the Ravens where literally everyone on the team had a bad game besides him and he caught the only TD pass. I notice he gets a hell of a lot of yards after his catches too.

So I guess it's a combination of his talent and Rivers' comfort level with him. He must be right up there with Floyd the last 3-4 games for targets because he seems to have the ball a fair bit.

Next game is against the Steelers and they're pretty stingy on pass D. But then again Manning barely passed to Decker at all last weekend so I might still put Alexander in over him.

I went to pick up Alexander after his first good game and someone had already grabbed him.
Thanks for the feedback Hammer.

I get the bye this weekend but then I lace up in the semis....I will make a point of watching him against Pitt. I am deep at WR (Wayne, Welker, Cruz) but Alexander is lights out and He gives me an option if the matchup works in two weeks.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

I just have to ask. Does the public transport in Winnipeg totally crash once it snows more than a little bit?

Old
12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I just have to ask. Does the public transport in Winnipeg totally crash once it snows more than a little bit?
It does get behind just due to traffic but there really isn't anything you can do about that. Of course if our city council would find real mass transit solutions it could be avoided but fast busses are the best thing they could come up with. Thank god there are only 700k people here or we would be in big trouble.

12-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
It does get behind just due to traffic but there really isn't anything you can do about that. Of course if our city council would find real mass transit solutions it could be avoided but fast busses are the best thing they could come up with. Thank god there are only 700k people here or we would be in big trouble.
Ah yeah, our buses gets behind due to traffic too. The problem is that the trains stops. Completely. I'm not sure why, but it happens every year. My commute to and from work today took over 4 hours. Totally worth teaching classes for 2 hours once there!

Old
12-05-2012, 04:40 PM
dhfromkw

Anybody else going to go meet Claude Noel at Jets Gear St Vital on Friday night?

Old
12-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 366
****ing Lockout

It's holding back the season in review DVD that I wa- NEED

Talked to Jets Store in St. Vital

I made credits for my own, but downloading off youtube gave me TERRIBLE quality

Old
12-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
The bus to my place only runs in the mornings and during rush hour at night. When the buses are slow, sometimes it takes almost 2 hours for my bus to arrive. I can take other buses, but I would then have a 20 min walk in front of me, and I'm not always dressed for the weather.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:13 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

All nighter study sesh...
Two final exams today and then off to see my cousin from the peg I haven't seen in years and years

i need an upper jk

Old
12-07-2012, 11:11 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
All nighter study sesh...
Two final exams today and then off to see my cousin from the peg I haven't seen in years and years

i need an upper jk
I know a guy lol jk

Seriously...I know a guy.

Or you could just get your alter ego, Garret, to do it for you. If you haven't seen your cuz in a long time he probably won't even know the difference.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

I get the pleasure of seeing Kenndal McArdle play a ECHL game in person tonight, haha.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

Anyone else get a Claude Noel Autograph last night?

got my 1st game panorama and the 1st season book.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Anyone else get a Claude Noel Autograph last night?

got my 1st game panorama and the 1st season book.
Didnt know about it until it was too late
Would have liked to had my 1st season and back in the bigs books signed

Old
12-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Didnt know about it until it was too late
Would have liked to had my 1st season and back in the bigs books signed
fun fact, Im like on the first page of Back in the bigs, and also in 1st season book too

Old
12-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Hammer Slammer

I read the post in here and then forgot about it. Would've loved to bring my bobblehead.

Closed Thread