HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
You poor guys...shoulda told the wife to hold those kids back until the new year, January babies are way more likely to be successful hockey players...

Congrats to all though.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Zach is now tied for 1st in this poll if anyone would care to push him over the edge

Old
01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
My 2nd son was born on the 27th and I actually got to watch tons of WJ hockey live on the small TV in the hospital at 3AM, probably more than Id get to see at home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I bet your just lining up for that duty lol, especially with world juniors on. We bottle fed my son, and my old lady was laid up from the C Section, so I had lots of late night TV sessions with my little guy. Definitely helped build a strong bond.

Don't mean to get off topic from this amazing news, but did HF break down for anyone else? It might have just been me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Congrats man. What day was he born? I got a newborn as well, born boxing day morning. Unfortunately he never woke up to feed close enough to game time, lol.

Just read the rest of the thread and seen he was born on the 27th.
wish I had decent photo shop skills or even a talent to put a photo on here because we are like the Chris Rock crew in "what to expect". All feeding our children at 3:00am and watching hockey. My daughter Macy is almost 11 months old and she had a snack last night while I watched our boys sleep walk through the first two periods.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Zach is now tied for 1st in this poll if anyone would care to push him over the edge
Done.

01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Done.
Lol, it was tied when I wandered over there from ps241's post and put the homer vote in...it's now 18-14 Bogosian

Old
01-03-2013, 01:30 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
You poor guys...shoulda told the wife to hold those kids back until the new year, January babies are way more likely to be successful hockey players...

Congrats to all though.
I know, I asked the docs if they could put him back in for 4 days but they said no And I also considered naming him Jet but I didn't want his life goal to be a mod on hfboards

Old
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
I know, I asked the docs if they could put him back in for 4 days but they said no And I also considered naming him Jet but I didn't want his life goal to be a mod on hfboards
Now what in the hell is wrong with that

Old
01-03-2013, 02:08 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Lol, it was tied when I wandered over there from ps241's post and put the homer vote in...it's now 18-14 Bogosian
All of a sudden I feel like a hired gun who is vote rigging in a banana republic somewhere

Old
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Watching Airplane! This movie is so great!

"We have to get this woman to a hospital.
-A hospital? What is it?
-It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now."

Old
01-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
As PIC? You taking lessons, or are you a pilot? Very cool - love flying.
I'm learning to fly. Just going for my private license for now. Commercial is simply too expensive for an apprentice electrician to afford. Hahaha.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:13 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
I'm learning to fly. Just going for my private license for now. Commercial is simply too expensive for an apprentice electrician to afford. Hahaha.
Awesome stuff! Congrats - it's an absolute hoot, so I understand why you want to do it.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:49 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Well, it's looking like the end of the road for my cat, Sasha. Took her in on New Year's Day because she was having a hard time breathing. Xrays show a cloudy mass in her lungs. Tried some asthma medication. It's been 3 days with no improvement. New xrays show no improvement. Vet thinks it's cancerous. Now, it's about improving her quality of life. Vet figures that she might have 2 months left.

She's 16. She's had a good run. I've been expecting this for a couple of years now, but you never want to hear it. This is the first time I've really gone through this. All of my other pet deaths were either before I could become emotionally attached to it or I was too young to grasp it.

Here's to 16 great years, Sasha.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Well, it's looking like the end of the road for my cat, Sasha. Took her in on New Year's Day because she was having a hard time breathing. Xrays show a cloudy mass in her lungs. Tried some asthma medication. It's been 3 days with no improvement. New xrays show no improvement. Vet thinks it's cancerous. Now, it's about improving her quality of life. Vet figures that she might have 2 months left.

She's 16. She's had a good run. I've been expecting this for a couple of years now, but you never want to hear it. This is the first time I've really gone through this. All of my other pet deaths were either before I could become emotionally attached to it or I was too young to grasp it.

(...)
So very sorry to hear this. Our 21 year old cat passed away 2 years ago, and our 15 year old cat passed last year. I know it's a difficult time and you're probably not open to hearing this right at this moment, but hang in there: she had a good life, and the pain of the loss does lessen with time.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:29 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
So very sorry to hear this. Our 21 year old cat passed away 2 years ago, and our 15 year old cat passed last year. I know it's a difficult time and you're probably not open to hearing this right at this moment, but hang in there: she had a good life, and the pain of the loss does lessen with time.
I know it will. I'm feeling the pain of spending almost $500 on 2 vet visits, and this is nothing compared to the pain I felt when my mom died 8 years ago. This is the price we pay to love our pets.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:

Extremely sorry to hear this, man. I say I don't want pets because I don't want the responsibility, but I guess if I was being honest I would admit that it's because I just can't handle it when they pass away.

01-04-2013, 12:39 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Extremely sorry to hear this, man. I say I don't want pets because I don't want the responsibility, but I guess if I was being honest I would admit that it's because I just can't handle it when they pass away.
I love owning pets. I've had a cat or a dog my entire life, save for the 2 years in which I couldn't have one due to living arrangements. They bring so much joy and comfort to millions of people, myself included. This is the one part that really sucks the most - saying goodbye.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Quote:
I love owning pets. I've had a cat or a dog my entire life, save for the 2 years in which I couldn't have one due to living arrangements. They bring so much joy and comfort to millions of people, myself included. This is the one part that really sucks the most - saying goodbye.
Totally know what you mean. Condolences, buddy.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. One my dogs passed away a couple of days before Christmas at 7 years old. We knew it was coming as he had an enlarged heart, but it was still tough.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Sorry to hear. Can't imagine one of my cats passing away, but I'll be there some day. I didn't have pets as a kid so one cat is 5 years old and the other is just a kitten and about 4 months old.

Glad Sasha had a good long life.

01-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Dear HAMMER SLAMMER:

Please take your Christmas decorations, it's January 4th ffs.

Don't give me any of that Ukrainian Christmas bull either.

Thank you.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Dear HAMMER SLAMMER:

Please take your Christmas decorations, it's January 4th ffs.

Don't give me any of that Ukrainian Christmas bull either.

Thank you.
Are you one of those guys that only allows decorations to be put up on the 24th and taken down on the 26th?

Nem did a good job so I have to sport it for a little while.

Edit: And Klaus has lights too, does she not have to take hers down?

Old
01-04-2013, 05:36 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Are you one of those guys that only allows decorations to be put up on the 24th and taken down on the 26th?

Nem did a good job so I have to sport it for a little while.

Edit: And Klaus has lights too, does she not have to take hers down?
She has Selanne as her avatar. The Christmas lights can be overlooked for that reason.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Hammer Slammer

Good point

Well.. I wanted to change it for a while now. Don't think I gave in to you guys!

Old
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

January is the longest coldest and darkest month. I will keep mu lights up tyvm.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Good point

Well.. I wanted to change it for a while now. Don't think I gave in to you guys!
Suuuuuuuuure!

PS, AWESOME replacement avvy.

Closed Thread