HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 09:59 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Some of the poll results on the main boards...

Yes Toronto...
Gardiner, Rielly, Finn are way better than Bogosian, Postma,Trouba

Bogosian > Gardiner
Bogosian proven effective offensively with scoring on tough minutes and can be effective defensively when given a competent partner (Hainsey+).
Gardiner half the points production/toi of Bogo, even though Gardiner was being sheltered.

Trouba >< Rielly
Rielly has a lot of upside but so does Trouba, and the later is just starting to strut his stuff.

Postma >>>>>> Finn
Finn is a solid prospect but unproven prospect... meanwhile Postma has scored points at high rates successfully in juniors, AHL and NHL pre-season. I'd say Postma is already better than Finn may ever be.

Last edited by garret9: 01-04-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old
01-04-2013, 10:06 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Which ones have caught your attention in particular? I agree some of the guys over there need the NHL back in a bad way.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:13 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Which ones have caught your attention in particular? I agree some of the guys over there need the NHL back in a bad way.
You replied while I was editing

Old
01-05-2013, 05:55 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post

Yes Toronto...
Gardiner, Rielly, Finn are way better than Bogosian, Postma,Trouba

Bogosian > Gardiner
Bogosian proven effective offensively with scoring on tough minutes and can be effective defensively when given a competent partner (Hainsey+).
Gardiner half the points production/toi of Bogo, even though Gardiner was being sheltered.

Trouba >< Rielly
Rielly has a lot of upside but so does Trouba, and the later is just starting to strut his stuff.

Postma >>>>>> Finn
Finn is a solid prospect but unproven prospect... meanwhile Postma has scored points at high rates successfully in juniors, AHL and NHL pre-season. I'd say Postma is already better than Finn may ever be.
Yea that is a joke

After watching the WJC I will be the first to say Rielly (who I like) has a long way to go defensively before he is ready for the NHL. dynamic player with the puck on his stick but his defensive skills and positional play are just away to raw. It didn't help that he lost a full year of juniors due to injury but he has allot of work to do.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:09 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Yeah, I think we could draft Jones and Leafs fans would still pick their trio ahead of them.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

And I don't know. I don't mind the results in the polls (homerism and idiots will always be there). What I mind is how arguing there is an exercise in futility. I spent about 20 posts and 2 hours there yesterday trying to argue with Sens fans about whether Sundin was named captain for Tre Kronor after his named was pulled out of a hat.

Not only did they not listen, they pulled a complete strawman, and the whole discussion is now Sens fans arguing against a point I never made.

And they called me a Leafs fan! I'm furious!

Old
01-05-2013, 07:07 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
(...)

The main boards are a cruel, cruel place.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
And I don't know. I don't mind the results in the polls (homerism and idiots will always be there). What I mind is how arguing there is an exercise in futility. I spent about 20 posts and 2 hours there yesterday trying to argue with Sens fans about whether Sundin was named captain for Tre Kronor after his named was pulled out of a hat.

Not only did they not listen, they pulled a complete strawman, and the whole discussion is now Sens fans arguing against a point I never made.

Sundin > Alfredsson, "and it's not even close". I don't understand how anyone could argue against that without absolute blind homerism. The best player Sundin ever had as a linemate was a washed up, old, injury prone Alex Mogilny. Alfredsson played three years with Spezza and Heatley in their primes as his line mates. Over time, he's also played with guys like Hossa and Havlat. Sundin played with ****ing Robert Reichel...

As for the Jets vs Leafs polls...they're pretty laughable.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 400
Sundin had some pretty good linemates when he played with Quebec, just wonder what his career would have been like if he stayed with that franchise.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Saw Chris' brother Mark Thorburn play his first pro game last night for the Columbus Cottonmouths of the SPHL.

He scored 2:30 in.

Anddd tonight heading up to a Gwinnett Gladiators ECHL game. Get to see Mark Stuart play for the Florida Everblades.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:40 PM
buggs
get off my lawn

vCash: 3405
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Well, it's looking like the end of the road for my cat, Sasha. Took her in on New Year's Day because she was having a hard time breathing. Xrays show a cloudy mass in her lungs. Tried some asthma medication. It's been 3 days with no improvement. New xrays show no improvement. Vet thinks it's cancerous. Now, it's about improving her quality of life. Vet figures that she might have 2 months left.

She's 16. She's had a good run. I've been expecting this for a couple of years now, but you never want to hear it. This is the first time I've really gone through this. All of my other pet deaths were either before I could become emotionally attached to it or I was too young to grasp it.

Here's to 16 great years, Sasha.
Sorry to hear that man, it's no fun. We put down our 20 year old diabetic cat on December 17. He was having a difficult time making it to the bathroom (as in he wasn't always making it) and his back legs were giving out.

Reality sucks and it's weird in the house without the cat. Ours was very people friendly so it would trot up whenever you walked in the door and meow to say hello.

Hang in there.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
The main boards are definitely... interesting. I agreed to moderate a bit over there and lets just say there's never a lack of something to do.

It really makes you appreciate the amazing posters we have over here on HF Jets.

01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

LOL ESPN Classic is showing Jets/ Blue Jackets exhibition game.

Talk about running out of stuff to show haha. We need hockey back!

Old
01-05-2013, 07:10 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
The main boards are definitely... interesting. I agreed to moderate a bit over there and lets just say there's never a lack of something to do.

It really makes you appreciate the amazing posters we have over here on HF Jets.
I find, especially on the trade boards, that there's a lot of "drive by" postings from people that don't bother to read the thread, fire a zinger, then wander away, never to be seen again. Really makes "conversation" difficult.

I don't envy mods.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I find, especially on the trade boards, that there's a lot of "drive by" postings from people that don't bother to read the thread, fire a zinger, then wander away, never to be seen again. Really makes "conversation" difficult.

I don't envy mods.
Yeah, it's tough to combat people who aren't really in the threads to discuss the topic in a mature rational manner.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Just watched Byfuglien's first ever shift on home ice... 3 giant hits and a fight.

Man did he ever fool us lmao!

Old
01-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Just watched Byfuglien's first ever shift on home ice... 3 giant hits and a fight.

Man did he ever fool us lmao!
For everyone's enjoyment

01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
buggs
get off my lawn

vCash: 3405
That video reminds me of how much I miss the game being played live at that level.

That was a really enjoyable game to be at. I took it in the third round (my fifth) of my group's draft much to everyone's surprise. I really wanted to be at the very first puck drop of Jets 2.0.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:48 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Haven't posted much due to the lockout! Looking forward to talking some puck with yall again!!!!

Old
01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Lux Aurumque*

My favorite thing about the end of the lockout is that I can FINALLY stop pretending to give a damn about the NFL.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
cant get over how many blue jays fans showed up for the Jose Bautista autograph signing in polo today. Must of been 1,000 +

Old
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 1349
I've been watching hockey clips for the last hour. What a great way to spend time.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
cant get over how many blue jays fans showed up for the Jose Bautista autograph signing in polo today. Must of been 1,000 +
When they first announced it, the biggest name there was Rasmus so I figured it wouldn't be crazy. When I saw Bautista would be there I stopped thinking about going because it'd get crazy. Seems that was a good idea.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 0
Wow lots of activity in the Jets forum today, it's like the lockout ended or something.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

And back to work tomorrow after having the entire Christmas off. I didn't miss having to wake up at 5AM...

Closed Thread