HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2013, 09:59 PM
  #751
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,388
vCash: 500
Some of the poll results on the main boards...


Yes Toronto...
Gardiner, Rielly, Finn are way better than Bogosian, Postma,Trouba

Bogosian > Gardiner
Bogosian proven effective offensively with scoring on tough minutes and can be effective defensively when given a competent partner (Hainsey+).
Gardiner half the points production/toi of Bogo, even though Gardiner was being sheltered.

Trouba >< Rielly
Rielly has a lot of upside but so does Trouba, and the later is just starting to strut his stuff.

Postma >>>>>> Finn
Finn is a solid prospect but unproven prospect... meanwhile Postma has scored points at high rates successfully in juniors, AHL and NHL pre-season. I'd say Postma is already better than Finn may ever be.


Last edited by garret9: 01-04-2013 at 10:08 PM.
garret9 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 10:06 PM
  #752
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Some of the poll results on the main boards...
Which ones have caught your attention in particular? I agree some of the guys over there need the NHL back in a bad way.

ps241 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 10:13 PM
  #753
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Which ones have caught your attention in particular? I agree some of the guys over there need the NHL back in a bad way.
You replied while I was editing

garret9 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 05:55 AM
  #754
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Some of the poll results on the main boards...


Yes Toronto...
Gardiner, Rielly, Finn are way better than Bogosian, Postma,Trouba

Bogosian > Gardiner
Bogosian proven effective offensively with scoring on tough minutes and can be effective defensively when given a competent partner (Hainsey+).
Gardiner half the points production/toi of Bogo, even though Gardiner was being sheltered.

Trouba >< Rielly
Rielly has a lot of upside but so does Trouba, and the later is just starting to strut his stuff.

Postma >>>>>> Finn
Finn is a solid prospect but unproven prospect... meanwhile Postma has scored points at high rates successfully in juniors, AHL and NHL pre-season. I'd say Postma is already better than Finn may ever be.
Yea that is a joke

After watching the WJC I will be the first to say Rielly (who I like) has a long way to go defensively before he is ready for the NHL. dynamic player with the puck on his stick but his defensive skills and positional play are just away to raw. It didn't help that he lost a full year of juniors due to injury but he has allot of work to do.

ps241 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 06:09 AM
  #755
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,479
vCash: 500
Yeah, I think we could draft Jones and Leafs fans would still pick their trio ahead of them.

Romang67 is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:03 AM
  #756
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,479
vCash: 500
And I don't know. I don't mind the results in the polls (homerism and idiots will always be there). What I mind is how arguing there is an exercise in futility. I spent about 20 posts and 2 hours there yesterday trying to argue with Sens fans about whether Sundin was named captain for Tre Kronor after his named was pulled out of a hat.

Not only did they not listen, they pulled a complete strawman, and the whole discussion is now Sens fans arguing against a point I never made.

And they called me a Leafs fan! I'm furious!

Romang67 is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:07 AM
  #757
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,914
vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
(...)

And they called me a Leafs fan! I'm furious!
The main boards are a cruel, cruel place.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:54 AM
  #758
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
And I don't know. I don't mind the results in the polls (homerism and idiots will always be there). What I mind is how arguing there is an exercise in futility. I spent about 20 posts and 2 hours there yesterday trying to argue with Sens fans about whether Sundin was named captain for Tre Kronor after his named was pulled out of a hat.

Not only did they not listen, they pulled a complete strawman, and the whole discussion is now Sens fans arguing against a point I never made.

And they called me a Leafs fan! I'm furious!
Sundin > Alfredsson, "and it's not even close". I don't understand how anyone could argue against that without absolute blind homerism. The best player Sundin ever had as a linemate was a washed up, old, injury prone Alex Mogilny. Alfredsson played three years with Spezza and Heatley in their primes as his line mates. Over time, he's also played with guys like Hossa and Havlat. Sundin played with ****ing Robert Reichel...

As for the Jets vs Leafs polls...they're pretty laughable.

Lux Aurumque* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
  #759
Shakey Rustie
2L
 
Shakey Rustie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Western Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 400
Sundin had some pretty good linemates when he played with Quebec, just wonder what his career would have been like if he stayed with that franchise.

Shakey Rustie is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:37 PM
  #760
Thrashers94
We fly as one
 
Thrashers94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Saw Chris' brother Mark Thorburn play his first pro game last night for the Columbus Cottonmouths of the SPHL.

He scored 2:30 in.

Anddd tonight heading up to a Gwinnett Gladiators ECHL game. Get to see Mark Stuart play for the Florida Everblades.

Thrashers94 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:40 PM
  #761
buggs
get off my lawn
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: flatlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 3405
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Well, it's looking like the end of the road for my cat, Sasha. Took her in on New Year's Day because she was having a hard time breathing. Xrays show a cloudy mass in her lungs. Tried some asthma medication. It's been 3 days with no improvement. New xrays show no improvement. Vet thinks it's cancerous. Now, it's about improving her quality of life. Vet figures that she might have 2 months left.

She's 16. She's had a good run. I've been expecting this for a couple of years now, but you never want to hear it. This is the first time I've really gone through this. All of my other pet deaths were either before I could become emotionally attached to it or I was too young to grasp it.

Here's to 16 great years, Sasha.
Sorry to hear that man, it's no fun. We put down our 20 year old diabetic cat on December 17. He was having a difficult time making it to the bathroom (as in he wasn't always making it) and his back legs were giving out.

Reality sucks and it's weird in the house without the cat. Ours was very people friendly so it would trot up whenever you walked in the door and meow to say hello.

Hang in there.

buggs is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 03:27 PM
  #762
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,074
vCash: 50
The main boards are definitely... interesting. I agreed to moderate a bit over there and lets just say there's never a lack of something to do.

It really makes you appreciate the amazing posters we have over here on HF Jets.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:08 PM
  #763
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,074
vCash: 50
LOL ESPN Classic is showing Jets/ Blue Jackets exhibition game.

Talk about running out of stuff to show haha. We need hockey back!

Jet is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:10 PM
  #764
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,914
vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
The main boards are definitely... interesting. I agreed to moderate a bit over there and lets just say there's never a lack of something to do.

It really makes you appreciate the amazing posters we have over here on HF Jets.
I find, especially on the trade boards, that there's a lot of "drive by" postings from people that don't bother to read the thread, fire a zinger, then wander away, never to be seen again. Really makes "conversation" difficult.

I don't envy mods.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:11 PM
  #765
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,074
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I find, especially on the trade boards, that there's a lot of "drive by" postings from people that don't bother to read the thread, fire a zinger, then wander away, never to be seen again. Really makes "conversation" difficult.

I don't envy mods.
Yeah, it's tough to combat people who aren't really in the threads to discuss the topic in a mature rational manner.

Jet is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 07:12 PM
  #766
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,074
vCash: 50
Just watched Byfuglien's first ever shift on home ice... 3 giant hits and a fight.

Man did he ever fool us lmao!

Jet is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:19 PM
  #767
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,846
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Just watched Byfuglien's first ever shift on home ice... 3 giant hits and a fight.

Man did he ever fool us lmao!
For everyone's enjoyment


__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 10:25 PM
  #768
buggs
get off my lawn
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: flatlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 3405
That video reminds me of how much I miss the game being played live at that level.

That was a really enjoyable game to be at. I took it in the third round (my fifth) of my group's draft much to everyone's surprise. I really wanted to be at the very first puck drop of Jets 2.0.

buggs is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:48 AM
  #769
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Haven't posted much due to the lockout! Looking forward to talking some puck with yall again!!!!

bigplay41 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
  #770
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
My favorite thing about the end of the lockout is that I can FINALLY stop pretending to give a damn about the NFL.

Lux Aurumque* is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
  #771
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
cant get over how many blue jays fans showed up for the Jose Bautista autograph signing in polo today. Must of been 1,000 +

bigplay41 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
  #772
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,007
vCash: 1349
I've been watching hockey clips for the last hour. What a great way to spend time.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
  #773
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,846
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
cant get over how many blue jays fans showed up for the Jose Bautista autograph signing in polo today. Must of been 1,000 +
When they first announced it, the biggest name there was Rasmus so I figured it wouldn't be crazy. When I saw Bautista would be there I stopped thinking about going because it'd get crazy. Seems that was a good idea.

Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
  #774
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 0
Wow lots of activity in the Jets forum today, it's like the lockout ended or something.

allan5oh is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
  #775
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,479
vCash: 500
And back to work tomorrow after having the entire Christmas off. I didn't miss having to wake up at 5AM...

Romang67 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.