Notices

Brad Marchand or David Krejci

Old
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
acdeblois
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Brad Marchand or David Krejci

I am the GM of the Boston Bruins in a simulation hockey league...

League rules state that we will be having a dispersal draft to start the league and that each team may protect 7 players with all others being put into the pool to draft from. I am fairly certain on 6 of my 7 protected spots, going with:

Chara
Rask
Seguin
Hamilton
Bergeron
Lucic

Hesitating between Marchand and Krejci for that last spot. Factors to consider: Age, contract (actual NHL contract starting with 2012 cap hit), production...etc.

So what what does everyone think... Protect Marchand, Protect Krejci or go with someone else... let me know!

acdeblois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
acdeblois
Rookie User

Forgot to mention... any extensions that kick in after the 2012-13 season do not count...

Old
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
RussellmaniaKW

sucks that you have to protect Hamilton when he hasn't even played an NHL game. Seems to me that guys like him shouldn't be eligible for any dispersal draft.

In any case I'd protect Marchand over Krejci in this scenario simply b/c a guy with Krejci's skillset will probably be a lot easier to replace in a dispersal draft than Marchand's skillset. There aren't a lot of grinding agitator types that can contribute offensively like Marchand can.

Also, keep us posted regarding the outcome of the draft. Should be pretty interesting to see who would go 1st overall in a draft where every team can protect 7 guys.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 06:45 PM
acdeblois
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
sucks that you have to protect Hamilton when he hasn't even played an NHL game. Seems to me that guys like him shouldn't be eligible for any dispersal draft.

In any case I'd protect Marchand over Krejci in this scenario simply b/c a guy with Krejci's skillset will probably be a lot easier to replace in a dispersal draft than Marchand's skillset. There aren't a lot of grinding agitator types that can contribute offensively like Marchand can.
Thanks for the input... it does suck about Hamilton... all 50 contracted players plus prospects are in on this, so I would be losing Khoklachev, Subban, Caron...etc, all of them. Not that I couldn't regain them by drafting them later...

Old
11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
BoobaFett

I really think you need to go with Marchand. Not sure which position Seguin is denoted as but you either get a start at 2 very good lines (if he's a center) or keep our best line (if he's rated a winger)

BoobaFett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I go with Krejci. Krejci has an ability to make his linemates better that Marchand really doesn't have -- and while Marchand is a really, really nice skill winger, wing is a less important position than center.

Seguin, Bergy and Krejci mean you have 3 strong lines down the middle as long as you're at least somewhat decent on wing. Having that luxury is part of how we went from a bad team to a good team.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 11:59 PM
reffree

Really depend on the "cote" of each player. In real life Krejci his way better, but in a sim league? Though to say. From what I saw from sim league I preffer having dept at center, they seems to have more influence in the offense. Plus Marchand will probably be low on strenght and discipline. I'd probably go with Krejci.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Really depend on the "cote" of each player. In real life Krejci his way better, but in a sim league? Though to say. From what I saw from sim league I preffer having dept at center, they seems to have more influence in the offense. Plus Marchand will probably be low on strenght and discipline. I'd probably go with Krejci.
in real hockey id probably take marchand but in a game krecji. krecji has more raw talent... which in turns leads to a nice 60 point season.... i cant see marchand equaling krecjis point production if they were both healthy.

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:29 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdeblois View Post
I am the GM of the Boston Bruins in a simulation hockey league...

League rules state that we will be having a dispersal draft to start the league and that each team may protect 7 players with all others being put into the pool to draft from. I am fairly certain on 6 of my 7 protected spots, going with:

Chara
Rask
Seguin
Hamilton
Bergeron
Lucic

Hesitating between Marchand and Krejci for that last spot. Factors to consider: Age, contract (actual NHL contract starting with 2012 cap hit), production...etc.

So what what does everyone think... Protect Marchand, Protect Krejci or go with someone else... let me know!
Trade Krejci yesterday...............oops, didn`t read post, immediately assumed you were asking who`d I keep

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Keep both, trade Bergeron.

Caballo Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:19 AM
BMC
#BostonStrong

David Krejci.

As someone else posted he gives you 3 strong centers for your team.

Plus I can't stand pest/agitator types. *Insert vomit emoticom here*

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:37 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Definitely Marchand, without having to think twice about it.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 11:26 AM
zylos45

what sim is it?

zylos45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
in real hockey id probably take marchand but in a game krecji. krecji has more raw talent... which in turns leads to a nice 60 point season.... i cant see marchand equaling krecjis point production if they were both healthy.
Marchand had a nice bump from 41pts to 55 last year despite missing games cause of suspensions. He isn't very far of getting 60 himself especially with a healthy Bergeron

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:02 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
what sim is it?
Z always mining for SIM info!!!

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 12:36 PM
zylos45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Z always mining for SIM info!!!
kind of like the sim king....

zylos45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 02:02 PM
BMchl91
Rookie User

Go with Krejci here. Need to keep the strong centers more than the aggression types IMO.

BMchl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:06 PM
acdeblois
Rookie User

Thanks to all for the input.

After reviewing the sim ratings (as was suggested), Marchand and Krejci are very close in most categories, with Krejci being superior in puck skills and passing while Marchand has superior checking and scoring. All in all though, they are close enough that I don't feel comfortable protecting Krejci on the ratings bump alone.

I have decided to go with Marchand for two reasons.

1) Roster felxibility, having only 2 centers (Bergeron and, potentially, Seguin) frees me up to draft a skilled center if one is available. If one is available, I move Seguin to the wing, if there is not one, I leave Seguin at center and I have a guaranteed 1-2 punch at center. If I were to keep Krejci, then I handcuff myself and would have to pass on a skilled center as I would not want to draft a 3rd center (I'd put Seguin on the wing) before I have 2nd line wingers or a second first pairing defenseman.

2) Cap flexibility, for the first season, chosing Marchand over Krejci frees up 2.75 million in cap space. Not much, but could mean the difference between chosing a player I want and a player I can afford. By the time he is due an extension, the difference will be smaller, but Marchand may be even closer in ability to Krejci then he is now.

Again, thanks for the input!

Old
11-21-2012, 06:57 AM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 02:36 PM
22Brad Park

Threads like this bother me,I love both them players and think Bruins would lose without either playing,Most Bruins fans love both them too i think and this thread incites an argument is my bet.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote