HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft) - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Can't believe this kid is still 9months away from being 18!

Old
11-25-2012, 04:57 PM
fr9dd9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirmu View Post
None. Any of the players of our WJC Team won't play in that tournament
oh okey

Old
11-26-2012, 09:26 AM
SarcazemKadri

Barkov to Kessel.... scores

Old
11-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Fogelhund

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
Like.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:54 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Like.
As long as it's not Barkov to Yakupov.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:41 AM
The Saw Is the Law

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/arkisto/uutis...isentteri.html

Down there is a highlight reel which includes his every goal this season. Total of 13 goals.

And before anyone asks: FYI: Every team's leading point scorer wears golden helmet in SM-liiga.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
Wouldn't mind this at all.

11-26-2012, 11:26 AM
ToBBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law View Post
http://www.sm-liiga.fi/arkisto/uutis...isentteri.html

Down there is a highlight reel which includes his every goal this season. Total of 13 goals.

And before anyone asks: FYI: Every team's leading point scorer wears golden helmet in SM-liiga.
He always seems to be in the right place.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:39 AM
thomast

Most of them are infront of goal. I like his north american mentality when he have passed the puck. He goes directly to the goal to score garbage goals and i love his patience when he has good scoring chance. He seems not to be in a hurry just pick the top corner and snipe it. Those goals they score mostly in the NHL. Once he get even stronger he is hard to stop infront of net.

Not to forget his playmaking skills at the half wall. Just amazing quality in his passes, high velocity and always to the tape. Those passes were too good for FEL players last year. Imagine when he plays with 1st line NHL players with elite shots.

Barkov has very good tools to be great offensive player in the NHL especially when he plays with top 6 NHL players. Not to forget his excellent defensive game which is maybe good enough to make him as perennial selke nominee in the future.

I'm not joking that Barkov is going to be NHLer at next october being just turned 18. He is not only going to be NHLer he is going to be player who plays every single situation for his NHL club from his first game. Important piece for any team from day 1 no doubt about it.

Last edited by thomast: 11-26-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Temego

Cant wait to see him @ Wjc's against other 17 year-olds.

Also, off-topic but "thomast", could you please start using more umm.. kappalejakoa? I'd really like to read your opinions too, but everytime I see a wall of text like that, I just go tl;dr. Pretty sure Im not the only one.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temego View Post
Cant wait to see him @ Wjc's against other 17 year-olds.

Also, off-topic but "thomast", could you please start using more umm.. kappalejakoa? I'd really like to read your opinions too, but everytime I see a wall of text like that, I just go tl;dr. Pretty sure Im not the only one.
I like that he gives an in depth review of his game. I've only seen a few of his games, so I like being able to get a better picture of a player. It's hard to watch Finnish games in North America since it's hard to find streams often and when there are streams the games are right in the middle of the day when most people have work or school

Old
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
mikko1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I like that he gives an in depth review of his game. I've only seen a few of his games, so I like being able to get a better picture of a player. It's hard to watch Finnish games in North America since it's hard to find streams often and when there are streams the games are right in the middle of the day when most people have work or school
He was just noting his use of paragraphs (or lack thereof in this case).

Old
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995 View Post
He was just noting his use of paragraphs (or lack thereof in this case).
Oh my mistake, I had no idea what "kappalejakoa" meant. I assumed it meant brevity or something to that effect

Old
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Turns out Barkov is leading the league with 21 "IS Stars" (3 credited for the best player of a game, 2 for second best and 1 for third best. IS=Ilta-Sanomat, a Finnish tabloid). Juha-Pekka Haataja and Sakari Salminen (who are also first and third in points, first and second in goals respectively) are right behind with 20.

I don't remember those being listed at SM-liiga.fi earlier this season, or am I mistaken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Oh my mistake, I had no idea what "kappalejakoa" meant. I assumed it meant brevity or something to that effect
Not really your mistake, since assuming that everyone is capable of understanding Finnish would be a bit unfair.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
I definitely want this guy on the Ducks.

Smith Pelly-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Barkov-Palmieri

BRB...drooling.

I think he can make a serious challenge for first overall depending on who's drafting.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:37 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

Ryan-Barkov-Palmieri

BRB...drooling.

I think he can make a serious challenge for first overall depending on who's drafting.
I don't know if I'm ready to buy into that yet. I have no doubt that Barkov is an elite prospect, but MacKinnon has been for quite some time now. I've seen this a lot now starting with Tavares vs Hedman/Duchene; Hall vs Seguin; Yakupov vs Murray. The only guy recently who started the season as the projected 1st pick to end up not being picked 1st was Couturier, but he was never considered to be the elite prospect that those other guys were/MacKinnon is.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:45 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I don't know if I'm ready to buy into that yet. I have no doubt that Barkov is an elite prospect, but MacKinnon has been for quite some time now. I've seen this a lot now starting with Tavares vs Hedman/Duchene; Hall vs Seguin; Yakupov vs Murray. The only guy recently who started the season as the projected 1st pick to end up not being picked 1st was Couturier, but he was never considered to be the elite prospect that those other guys were/MacKinnon is.
The prospect in the CHL is almost always going to get more viewing/hype, especially early on in the draft prospect watching.

That said, what Barkov is doing this year is going to open a lot of eyes. He is making what Granlund did in SM-Liiga look like childs play, and no one had played like that at such a young age since Saku or Teemu.

If there is a draft lottery, and the Wild win I totally will be hoping for a Barkov selection. Only question in my mind is who would switch to wing, Granlund or Barkov.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Hedman was considered by many scouts and scouting services as the better prospect between he and Tavares heading into their draft year.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:32 PM
WTFMAN99

As a Leafs fan its definitely appealing to think about this guy or Nathan in between Kessel and Loops.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

He would fit perfectly on the Habs first line. Kid has got massive talent. The sky is the limit for this guy.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:01 PM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
He would fit perfectly on the Habs first line. Kid has got massive talent. The sky is the limit for this guy.
Pacioretty - Barkov - Galchenyuk

Old
11-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:

Ryan-Barkov-Palmieri

BRB...drooling.

Still think you are expecting too much from DSP

However that would be something that any duck fan would be insanely happy with.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:08 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post

I was going to mention the same thing but did not want to derail the thread. I just don't see the offensive upside with him to warrant top six ice time, let alone first line minutes.

Nevertheless Barkov is an extremely intriguing player and I can't wait to see how he plays during the WJC's this year.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:35 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post

Kunitz played the top line quite a bit in more of a grinder, chip in offense role. I put Ryan on the second line in the interest of balancing offense. That isn't a depth chart. And I only gave DSP consideration because he seemed to gel well with Getzlaf and Perry last year. Maybe if we moved Holland to the wing we can roll

Palmieri-Getz-Per
Ryan-Barkov-Holland

Or we can just do
Ryan-Getz-per
Etem-Barkov-Palmieri

Old
11-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Kunitz played the top line quite a bit in more of a grinder, chip in offense role. I put Ryan on the second line in the interest of balancing offense. That isn't a depth chart. And I only gave DSP consideration because he seemed to gel well with Getzlaf and Perry last year. Maybe if we moved Holland to the wing we can roll

Palmieri-Getz-Per
Ryan-Barkov-Holland

Or we can just do
Ryan-Getz-per
Etem-Barkov-Palmieri
Kunitz was quite a bit better offensively than DSP has shown himself to be. I think you'd be underrating Kunitz something fierce to even compare the two.

I agree with HLM that DSP has not shown top six offense thus far. If he gets top six minutes it will be as a complementary player, and with every expectation that he'll be out there to hit, forecheck hard, and go to the dirty areas. Any offense he contributes will likely come from playing with the two best offensive forwards on the team. This is all barring some unlikely breakout in DSP's game, but he seems a much better bet as a 3rd line type.

Closed Thread