HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft) - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
  #851
nonoob12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
I dont really know who these grigorenko or batman guys are i havent seen single game of them playing hockey.

+ i follow sm liiga pretty much one day i watched whole game.

nonoob12 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:26 AM
  #852
Pellegrino
Registered User
 
Pellegrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
No one in the Finnish hockey media defended the coaching staff in anyway and Rindell publicly took the blame for the poor performance of the team.
That should tell you that Rindell is a good man who rather takes the blame than blaming others. Especially in this case, as it could be difficult for youngsters to handle the blame. Mourinho-style from Rindell.

Anyway, WJC is over and this thread is about Barkov, good luck to him in the draft. Even though I think the draft position is kinda overrated. I understand the prestige, but if Barkov has all the potential you guys think he has, his career hasn't even started yet.

Pellegrino is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:15 AM
  #853
Reikai
Neutral fan
 
Reikai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 2,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
That should tell you that Rindell is a good man who rather takes the blame than blaming others. Especially in this case, as it could be difficult for youngsters to handle the blame. Mourinho-style from Rindell.

Anyway, WJC is over and this thread is about Barkov, good luck to him in the draft. Even though I think the draft position is kinda overrated. I understand the prestige, but if Barkov has all the potential you guys think he has, his career hasn't even started yet.
I usually dont blame the coaches but having Rindell coaching the team was a clear mistake, he didnt do a very good job, period. He took the blame like he should, that doesnt make him a good coach though.

Barkov's projected draft position might be too high but then again who wouldnt want great 2-way center with size, good offensive skills and a world-class attitude.

Reikai is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:14 PM
  #854
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
I usually dont blame the coaches but having Rindell coaching the team was a clear mistake, he didnt do a very good job, period. He took the blame like he should, that doesnt make him a good coach though.

Barkov's projected draft position might be too high but then again who wouldnt want great 2-way center with size, good offensive skills and a world-class attitude.
I think what Pellegrino was trying to say was not that Barkov is overrated but that being a high draft pick is overrated.

YARR123 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
  #855
Pellegrino
Registered User
 
Pellegrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
I think what Pellegrino was trying to say was not that Barkov is overrated but that being a high draft pick is overrated.
Exactly.

Pellegrino is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
  #856
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Barkov scores on empty net and extends his point streak to 8 games

JJTT is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:38 PM
  #857
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Barkov scored an empty netter to increase his streak to 8 games. That was his first empty net point of the season.

thomast is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
  #858
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
I saw Barkov first time live this year FEL, i was Tuesday Tappara-HIFK game and i have to say wow how HUGE and skilled Barkov is. I have known these before and saw many games to tv and before live also, but this kid is monster and he own there every zone.

He's two-way game is so good that i haven't seen that kind of two-way game many times even NHL ever. Also his offensive game, hockey IQ and passing skills are elite and when he shot wrist shot, he shot that fast and there was lot of power in. He will be killer in NHL and can do what he want's, take puck to other player's like lollipop. He also give hit's sometimes, but not hit if there is no reason to hit, he just use his body Jagr style. He is ready to NHL next year and team who take him will have 1 line elite center for years.

IFK is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 01:58 PM
  #859
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Tappara is sitting at 2nd place in regular season standings. The team is on 6 games winning streak. These games have been extremely close and low scoring games and Barkov has helped the team with his his 8 game point streak.

The most impressive thing is that Barkov is most important player in that team, best player of that team. Of course entire team has performed well but i don't see any player with as much impact as Barkov has on those wins. He is just heart and soul of that team. Barkov have been used in crucial moments in the games and he haven't disappointed. Carrying the team on his back might be overstatement because the team has been good but Barkov is the biggest reason of their success if we exclude the goalies.

His calmness, poise, veteran presence and huge confidence in his game makes other players feel more confidence on their own game. Coach have used Barkov after huge pressure shift on their own zone to calm down their game and to get the game work again.

Barkov is best and most important player in 2nd best team in FEL. Just hard to believe he is 17 for rest of the season.

My prediction that he leads this team to FEL championship as 1st line center as 17 year old and i'm not even kidding. There is no other player who controls whole ice better than Barkov. Just an special player in the making.

Hope he makes into WC team!


Last edited by thomast: 01-25-2013 at 02:55 PM.
thomast is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 04:03 PM
  #860
Oan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Rautakorpi was indeed coaching Tappara when they last time won championship Seriously though, if their goalie (Metsola) can stay as hot as he has been for the rest of the season, everything is possible.

Oan is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 04:06 PM
  #861
mikko1995
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Tappara is sitting at 2nd place in regular season standings. The team is on 6 games winning streak. These games have been extremely close and low scoring games and Barkov has helped the team with his his 8 game point streak.

The most impressive thing is that Barkov is most important player in that team, best player of that team. Of course entire team has performed well but i don't see any player with as much impact as Barkov has on those wins. He is just heart and soul of that team. Barkov have been used in crucial moments in the games and he haven't disappointed. Carrying the team on his back might be overstatement because the team has been good but Barkov is the biggest reason of their success if we exclude the goalies.

His calmness, poise, veteran presence and huge confidence in his game makes other players feel more confidence on their own game. Coach have used Barkov after huge pressure shift on their own zone to calm down their game and to get the game work again.

Barkov is best and most important player in 2nd best team in FEL. Just hard to believe he is 17 for rest of the season.

My prediction that he leads this team to FEL championship as 1st line center as 17 year old and i'm not even kidding. There is no other player who controls whole ice better than Barkov. Just an special player in the making.

Hope he makes into WC team!
I think leadership would be a better way to characterize him at this point, than veteran presence, since no matter how mature he is, a second-year-pro is not a veteran.

mikko1995 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 04:09 PM
  #862
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995 View Post
I think leadership would be a better way to characterize him at this point, than veteran presence, since no matter how mature he is, a second-year-pro is not a veteran.
I guess he was going after veteran-like presence, or something like that. Not the greatest choice of words either way.

Haite is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 04:37 PM
  #863
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikko1995 View Post
I think leadership would be a better way to characterize him at this point, than veteran presence, since no matter how mature he is, a second-year-pro is not a veteran.
Take name off his back and you think that he have been playing long time at this level. He isn't an veteran like you said but he plays like experienced vet. How easily and quickly he handles every single situation, poise, his flawless positioning, his decision making, how consistent he is and how he is commited to the team concept. When you watch him you'll notice how he buys 100% of the words what coach have been selling to him.

Love his compete level, his will to win, how he plays for the team and most of all his obsession to be a better player. He has always stated even after very good games that it was ok game from him but could be better. Once reporter asked why after such an dominant showing? Barkov answered: "If you're fully satisfied with your game you will stop developing"

I can't see anything but very bright future for Barkov and to the team which will draft him.

thomast is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:08 AM
  #864
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
5minutes played and Barkov gives excellent 2nd pass to increase his point streak to 9! Still 55minutes left.

thomast is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:09 AM
  #865
HuimaHuima
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
He makes his point streak to 9 games with an assist at 04:19 in first period against HPK.

HuimaHuima is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 09:27 AM
  #866
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Barkov has 2 assists now and still over 2 periods to go.

So far 41GP 18+21=39pts 1 point till him being the youngest player ever to score 40points.

thomast is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 10:46 AM
  #867
Jussi
Dat Times Square
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,405
vCash: 500
Seems he can dive now as well.

Jussi is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:01 AM
  #868
CarvinSigX
Registered User
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 8,149
vCash: 500
How is this kid not considered the best forward prospect?

CarvinSigX is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:04 AM
  #869
Jussi
Dat Times Square
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 44,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
How is this kid not considered the best forward prospect?
Because he isn't "flashy" and doesn't play in CHL.

Jussi is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 11:19 AM
  #870
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Unlucky in the last period where he hitted post with absolute snipe right after blueline and after that he drawed 2 players and after that passed his linemate to breakaway and he hitted post.

thomast is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
  #871
Oan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Unlucky in the last period where he hitted post with absolute snipe right after blueline and after that he drawed 2 players and after that passed his linemate to breakaway and he hitted post.
Yep, monster of a wrister there.

Oan is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 04:53 PM
  #872
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,470
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
How is this kid not considered the best forward prospect?
Because he's a below average skater, and isn't flashy or explosive.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 06:03 PM
  #873
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Because he's a below average skater, and isn't flashy or explosive.
He is 17 in a 6'3 +210lbs frame. He has plenty of time to improve it. I would call him underrated skater. He doesen't use his top speed as often but when he does he is suprisingly fast for that frame. Similar skater as Joe Thornton.

thomast is online now  
Old
01-26-2013, 06:20 PM
  #874
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,836
vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Because he's a below average skater, and isn't flashy or explosive.
I would say he is an average skater, not a below-average skater... Just what I gathered from a couple viewings.. I know Eliteprospect says the same as you though.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
  #875
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,470
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
He is 17 in a 6'3 +210lbs frame. He has plenty of time to improve it. I would call him underrated skater. He doesen't use his top speed as often but when he does he is suprisingly fast for that frame. Similar skater as Joe Thornton.
I promise I'm not just blowing smoke, I've watched a dozen of Barkov's games. He is below average in skating, although he is improving, but he also is below average in quickness, which I think is the bigger issue. Like Thornton (one of my favorite players), he can get it going when he's given time and space to accelerate. But he lacks quickness or explosiveness. I'm not saying it's a good reason for why he's not ranked higher than Mackinnon or Drouin, but it is the reason.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.