HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft) - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2012, 11:36 AM
  #151
RaskY
Re-registered User
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,693
vCash: 50
JYP tied game in 2 minutes at 4-4 when they got 5min powerplay..

Barkov scored in shootouts and won it for Tappara. Amazing goal.

RaskY is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
  #152
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkov16 View Post
JYP tied game in 2 minutes at 4-4 when they got 5min powerplay..

Barkov scored in shootouts and won it for Tappara. Amazing goal.
Do you know if there's a video of this?

Et le But is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:46 PM
  #153
heksagon
Registered User
 
heksagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Do you know if there's a video of this?
Right here: http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...10638_v8.shtml

Barkov's goal at 5:40.

heksagon is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 01:22 PM
  #154
RaskY
Re-registered User
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,693
vCash: 50


All goals there.

Barkov's shootout goal:


RaskY is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
  #155
Loffer
Registered User
 
Loffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 954
Barkov's stick seems to be pretty LONG... It's hard to stickhandle with that kind of rake...

Loffer is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 01:57 PM
  #156
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Easier to go from left to right... huge reach.

Ashasx is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 02:31 PM
  #157
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,518
vCash: 500
That's a beautiful goal. I almost feel sorry for Tarkki (the goalie).

Gaps is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 05:19 AM
  #158
jarnov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Barkov's stick seems to be pretty LONG...
He's like a better duplicate of his father in many aspects and this is one of them. Barkov senior used extremely long stick too.

jarnov is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 08:08 AM
  #159
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,437
vCash: 500
I don't know if this has already been asked in this thread, but does Barkov have to fulfill the mandatory military duties other Finnish players have had to in the past (Rajala comes to mind)? If so, how long and would it affect his joining a team immediately out of the draft?

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 08:17 AM
  #160
espo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Damn, that's a nice shootout goal.


I want to say nice hands but really should say nice arms and hands.

espo* is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 08:19 AM
  #161
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,228
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Barkov's stick seems to be pretty LONG... It's hard to stickhandle with that kind of rake...
Pierre McGuire likes this.

Jussi is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 08:24 AM
  #162
Coil
Registered User
 
Coil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I don't know if this has already been asked in this thread, but does Barkov have to fulfill the mandatory military duties other Finnish players have had to in the past (Rajala comes to mind)? If so, how long and would it affect his joining a team immediately out of the draft?
Yes, he has to. Will it affect in any way? Hardly. He can go there during the summer and finish before the NHL season starts. Mikko Koivu just did his stint a year ago.


Last edited by Coil: 10-28-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: clarification
Coil is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 12:19 PM
  #163
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I don't know if this has already been asked in this thread, but does Barkov have to fulfill the mandatory military duties other Finnish players have had to in the past (Rajala comes to mind)? If so, how long and would it affect his joining a team immediately out of the draft?
You don't have to do time in the military, you can choose civil service which is longer (11 months vs. 6-12 months depending of your choice) but 99% of players choose to go to military (compared to roughly 90% of general population).

But you can do your mandatory military duty in parts if you want to (and if you're a hockey player, they get special treatment from the military) so it doesn't have to affect any North American career plans.

Barkov is atleast 2 years away from AHL/NHL so he has plenty of time to complete his duties before thinking about North America.

Pepper is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 12:30 PM
  #164
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
You don't have to do time in the military, you can choose civil service which is longer (11 months vs. 6-12 months depending of your choice) but 99% of players choose to go to military (compared to roughly 90% of general population).

But you can do your mandatory military duty in parts if you want to (and if you're a hockey player, they get special treatment from the military) so it doesn't have to affect any North American career plans.

Barkov is atleast 2 years away from AHL/NHL so he has plenty of time to complete his duties before thinking about North America.
Does he actually have to do service? He has dual citizenship - Finnish AND Russian.

And I would hardly call it military service for hockeyplayers. They do like 2months(and are training hockey daily...), when we others did 6-11 months. I am amazed that there hasn`t been any lawsuits about this yet, since u aren`t able to escape service in Finland, unless u are mentally/physically unsuited...

jonlin is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 12:39 PM
  #165
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Does he actually have to do service? He has dual citizenship - Finnish AND Russian.

And I would hardly call it military service for hockeyplayers. They do like 2months(and are training hockey daily...), when we others did 6-11 months. I am amazed that there hasn`t been any lawsuits about this yet, since u aren`t able to escape service in Finland, unless u are mentally/physically unsuited...
Reason to go army is to teach humility and discipline for all them little boys who has hard time growing up. Professional athlete's knows these both so there's no need to do such a outdated thing 'which might cost millions' for them in the end. That's my opinion about mandatory army.

Leehh is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 12:50 PM
  #166
Pepper
Registered User
 
Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Does he actually have to do service? He has dual citizenship - Finnish AND Russian.
Nope. You get exempt from doing military duty if you have dual citizenship AND your residence has been outside of Finland for the last 7 years or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
And I would hardly call it military service for hockeyplayers. They do like 2months(and are training hockey daily...), when we others did 6-11 months. I am amazed that there hasn`t been any lawsuits about this yet, since u aren`t able to escape service in Finland, unless u are mentally/physically unsuited...
Well, I'm glad that the ministry of defence doesn't force players to choose between serving their country and hockey careers.

I'm 100% ok with the current system.

Pepper is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 12:54 PM
  #167
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
Reason to go army is to teach humility and discipline for all them little boys who has hard time growing up. Professional athlete's knows these both so there's no need to do such a outdated thing 'which might cost millions' for them in the end. That's my opinion about mandatory army.
Patrick Kane says hi...

jonlin is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 01:10 PM
  #168
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Patrick Kane says hi...
Leave Kane alone dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCFLtBV8Mdg

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 01:31 PM
  #169
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Patrick Kane says hi...
At least he's producing entertainment for the mass so you guys are able to keep your sanity (:

Leehh is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 02:44 PM
  #170
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I didn`t see much "humility and discipline" in that clip.

jonlin is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 11:55 PM
  #171
Leehh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Canada
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
I didn`t see much "humility and discipline" in that clip.
So training few hours a day since he was a five year old to become one of the best stickhandlers in whole planet doesn't show any discipline to you? That's deep, man.

Leehh is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 12:15 AM
  #172
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,786
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Leave Kane alone.

me2 is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 09:40 AM
  #173
fr9dd9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Jannik Hansen

Nice deal Tappara! what do u guys think about Jannik hansen and whos place will he take?

fr9dd9 is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 11:11 AM
  #174
ToBBa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Stream? Anyone?

ToBBa is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 11:25 AM
  #175
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr9dd9 View Post
Nice deal Tappara! what do u guys think about Jannik hansen and whos place will he take?
I`m kinda hoping he takes Haapalas place...

Nieminen - Barkov - Hansen could be good! Hansen could really help take the focus from Barkov on that line....

jonlin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.