HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

LAC reach deal with BOS to hire Doc Rivers as coach (post #1, June 23, Yahoo Sports)

Old
06-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Francesa

vCash: 500
LAC reach deal with BOS to hire Doc Rivers as coach (post #1, June 23, Yahoo Sports)

@JeffPassan 4:25 PM
RT @WojYahooNBA: Celtics, Clippers deep in talks on blockbuster to send Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett to Los Angeles. *******.com/kpv5tms

-------------------------

Date: June 23

Source: Yahoo Sports

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers have reached an agreement in principle to send an unprotected 2015 first-round draft pick to the Boston Celtics for the rights to hire coach Doc Rivers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Rivers has agreed to a three-year, $21 million deal with the Clippers, league sources said.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--cl...202137296.html

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-23-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
The Boston Celtics are deep in discussions with the Los Angeles Clippers on a blockbuster deal to send coach Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett to Los Angeles, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The final hurdle of a deal centers on the Clippers' willingness to include guard Eric Bledsoe into a trade package with Boston, sources said.

Boston and Los Angeles are discussing a package that will send DeAndre Jordan and two first-round picks to the Celtics for Garnett and the right to hire Rivers as coach, sources said.
Bledsoe, Jordan, and two 1st round picks for Garnett and the right to hire Doc Rivers?

Rivers is one of the best coaches in the league and the Clippers will be able to dump Jordan's ridiculous contract but that still seems like a lot. Clippers should try to hang on to Bledsoe if they can.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Wow, and here I thought Stephen A Smith was just blowing smoke out his ass a few months ago. Too bad Griffin won't be going the other way.

Ozamataz Buckshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

An end of an era if this is true, it was fun while it lasted.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 05:27 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Bledsoe, Jordan, and two 1st round picks for Garnett and the right to hire Doc Rivers?

Rivers is one of the best coaches in the league and the Clippers will be able to dump Jordan's ridiculous contract but that still seems like a lot. Clippers should try to hang on to Bledsoe if they can.
Vinny Del Negro was fired partly(PARTLY) because he tried to facilitate a Deandre Jordan for Kevin Garnett deal behind managements back. Not sure if you know this. Management likes Jordan and trading him and Bledsoe for Garnett would be one of the all time shortsighted self sabotage moves

aleshemsky83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
Vinny Del Negro was fired partly(PARTLY) because he tried to facilitate a Deandre Jordan for Kevin Garnett deal behind managements back. Not sure if you know this. Management likes Jordan and trading him and Bledsoe for Garnett would be one of the all time shortsighted self sabotage moves
Yes, I know that. I also know it's most likely BS because it was Chris Broussard who reported it. He's clueless.

Jordan isn't a good player and is being paid $11M/yr. I think a Jordan for KG swap would be great for the Clippers. Rivers is still under contract so I can see why there's a pick or two in the deal as well, the Clippers would need to compensate the Celtics in order to hire him. I don't think Bledsoe needs to be in the deal though.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:04 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Yes, I know that. I also know it's most likely BS because it was Chris Broussard who reported it. He's clueless.

Jordan isn't a good player and is being paid $11M/yr. I think a Jordan for KG swap would be great for the Clippers. Rivers is still under contract so I can see why there's a pick or two in the deal as well, the Clippers would need to compensate the Celtics in order to hire him. I don't think Bledsoe needs to be in the deal though.
fair enough but,

Jordan is moveable salary, if they get Garnett and he retires which there was talk he would do this summer then the clippers will be stuck below 58 million, there's a reason why the Nuggets re-signed Nene even though they didn't want to keep him. You're looking for another decent seven footer after next year if you make that trade, and without any way to make moves above the cap you're not getting one.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Francesa

@kellihem 6:56 PM
Never mind. RT ‏@BA_Turner Clippers moving on without Doc Rivers, now prepared to offer job to Brian Shaw or Lionel Hollins next week.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 07:12 PM
aleshemsky83

so the clips want Pierce and Garnett, that makes a bit more sense. pierce has a bit more gas in the tank

Old
06-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Doc Rivers been informed Clippers won't accept Celtics offer. Rivers prepared to stay in Boston, sources.

So much for that.

Old
06-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

I hope it's Shaw even though he wasn't my first choice.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 09:19 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Doc Rivers been informed Clippers won't accept Celtics offer. Rivers prepared to stay in Boston, sources.

So much for that.
Until the Clippers hire somebody else I think this proposed deal is far from dead.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 03:36 AM
aleshemsky83

scratch that "nevermind", it sounds like the sticking point is Bledsoe, basically just the two teams playing games through the media.

Old
06-16-2013, 05:32 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

I honestly could see the deal getting done with Pierce and a contract ( Terry or Lee ) that Boston wants to get rid of also heading to the Clippers. But Rivers has a lot of value so Boston probably should not do the deal if Bledsoe is not included.

Old
06-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

There was also another rumors suggesting if the Clips can get this done with Bledsoe, they'll turn around and trade Bledsoe + Griffin for Howard from the Lakers. Giving them:

C: Howard
PF: Garnett
SF: Pierce
SG: No clue
PG: Paul

06-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Now it looks like the trade could be back on without Bledsoe if the Clippers agree to take on Terry and/or Lee's contracts.

Yesterday there were some reports that Rivers was fine with staying and the Celtics would just move on with him but it sounds like that can't and won't happen. Everyone loves Rivers so he probably won't get ripped but he basically just asked for a trade after signing a big contract extension. Imagine the reaction if a player did that.....

Old
06-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

LA team willing to take on a bad contract from Boston? I've seen this before and it ain't working out so far...at least in terms of team success.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:11 PM
VanCityCanuck

Doc Rivers is just as bad as the players like Dwight.

This guy has actually told the Clippers don't put Bledsoe in the deal cause i wanna coach him, your the celtics your prolly like wtf, were not getting a good player because ur telling them what to do, **** and let the owners do the trade, your our employees

nba is a flat out joke, its a players league and some coaches get to pick and choose who the hell they wanna coach based on the fact wheher or not they can win a ring, ex . phil jackson

doc rivers signed a contract extension making him the highest paid coach or whatever, knowing down the road the celtics were gonna have to rebuild, now they have to rebuild and he wants out.

pathetic.

VanCityCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:24 PM
aleshemsky83

I'm not sure where you got that but the clippers would have been basically braindead if they let go of Bledsoe in that deal, a point guard with his athleticism is pretty rare and with Pauls recent knee problems that would be double stupid.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:35 PM
VanCityCanuck

Quote:
scratch that "nevermind", it sounds like the sticking point is Bledsoe, basically just the two teams playing games through the media.
no its not
its rivers saying i want bledsoe so i can coach him

Old
06-17-2013, 05:37 PM
VanCityCanuck

Quote:
I'm not sure where you got that but the clippers would have been basically braindead if they let go of Bledsoe in that deal, a point guard with his athleticism is pretty rare and with Pauls recent knee problems that would be double stupid.

why the hell would the celtics give up all that for just deandre jordan? jordan sucks, he cant hit free throws and because of that he cant be in the game late in the 4th, he has no post up what so ever, sure as hell cant hit a jumper, he is the type of player you want when your up by 10 so you can be doing all ur damn alley oops,

Old
06-17-2013, 05:38 PM
VanCityCanuck

those who are wondering where doc said i want bledsoe

bs report, bill simmons talked about it on his recent podcast and also
adrian wajornski or how ever you spell it. he tweeted it

Old
06-17-2013, 05:40 PM
VanCityCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
There was also another rumors suggesting if the Clips can get this done with Bledsoe, they'll turn around and trade Bledsoe + Griffin for Howard from the Lakers. Giving them:

C: Howard
PF: Garnett
SF: Pierce
SG: No clue
PG: Paul

im a laker fan and if your the lakers you do that trade because you want showtime back, which is what they want, they esentially want what the clippers have

BUT !!!

you don't do that trade with the clippers, you do it with any other team, just not the clippers.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:01 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCityCanuck View Post
those who are wondering where doc said i want bledsoe

bs report, bill simmons talked about it on his recent podcast and also
adrian wajornski or how ever you spell it. he tweeted it
Simmons also said that Garnett would retire after this year and he wanted to be a celtic for life when all indications are that he is asking to be traded or he will retire.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:03 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
LA team willing to take on a bad contract from Boston? I've seen this before and it ain't working out so far...at least in terms of team success.
So it has.............for Boston.