HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Overseas NHL Players Scoring leaders- 4 wings top 10

Old
10-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Huddy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Overseas NHL Players Scoring leaders- 4 wings top 10

Not like this will win them the Hart or anything but it does show four Red Wings in top 10 scoring for all leagues being played overseas...interesting stat collection that some may like to see

1. Tomas Plekanec HC Kladno Czech 8 7 7 14
2. Jaromir Jagr HC Kladno Czech 8 4 8 12
3. Damien Brunner Zug NLA 6 4 7 11
4. Vladimir Sobotka HC Slavia Praha 8 4 7 11
5. Jiri Tlusty HC Kladno Czech 8 6 4 10
6. Tomas Tatar SHK PiestanySlovakia 8 5 5 10
7. Alexander Steen MODO 6 4 6 10
8. Jan Mursak Olimpija Ljubljana 4 0 10 10
9. Jesse Joensuu Assat 7 6 3 9
10. Valtteri Filppula Jokerit 7 4 5 9

Malkin has 7 pts and leads all NHL players in KHL scoring and is 17th on the list

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=2364

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Robotic

TSN needs to update their facts.

Kovalchuk has 14 points in 7 games
Tarasenko 11 pts in 6 games
Malkin 9 pts in 10 games

etc.

For KHL stats, simply got to en.khl.ru

Robotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by khlman View Post
TSN needs to update their facts.

Kovalchuk has 14 points in 7 games
Tarasenko 11 pts in 6 games
Malkin 9 pts in 10 games

etc.

For KHL stats, simply got to en.khl.ru
TSN clearly stats at top of page "Statistics are updated every Tuesday and Friday."

I did this the other night b4 i left for work,forgot to submit and had it still opened on my browser when i got back this morning...

take it for what it is....4 wings were in top 10 of scoring, no matter where they are now, the wings young bucks are scoring..

always a good thing

Old
10-15-2012, 11:29 AM
ChadS

Eliteprospects have a list which is updated a bit more often: http://www.eliteprospects.com/lockout_scoring.php

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:32 AM
drmagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post
TSN clearly stats at top of page "Statistics are updated every Tuesday and Friday."
Malkin 4th game was 27.09, figure rest yourself....

drmagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:33 AM
drmagg

:delete:

drmagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmagg View Post
Malkin 4th game was 27.09, figure rest yourself....
27.09?
Instead of taking it for what it is, the thread is to discuss players like Tatar, Mursak, and Brunner are doing in their respective leagues...I would think some would be surprised to see Tatar, Mursak, Brunner PRODUCE points.. if i was to post this 2 weeks ago, would it make any difference if more games were played. Nope! Discuss the four players who look to be playing WELL versus debate that stats are incorrect, which at the time they came out, they werent..

Seeing Brunner produce points is always a good thing. He has always produced for ZUG. Is it bc of the competetion lacking, or can he really produce points at any level..Seeing how his summer has gone, going back and forth from Detroit to Switzerland, I would have to assume that nothing is bothering is this kid. Goes about his business and scores points.

Seeing Tatar produce, when most are 50/50 on him, considering hes been at the top of the Wings Prospect Depth Chart for four years now, is also a good thing....I would expect Tatar positioning himself as the Wings 12/13th forward.

Mursak w 10 assists so far all but tells me his speed helps him set up plays....Wings need more of that

Filppula should be scoring like this and continuing to put up #s like this, will only help his confidence coming back to the NHL

Last edited by Huddy*: 10-15-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old
10-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Marky9er

Mursak>>>Malkin

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:26 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post
27.09?
Instead of taking it for what it is, the thread is to discuss players like Tatar, Mursak, and Brunner are doing in their respective leagues...I would think some would be surprised to see Tatar, Mursak, Brunner PRODUCE points.. if i was to post this 2 weeks ago, would it make any difference if more games were played. Nope! Discuss the four players who look to be playing WELL versus debate that stats are incorrect, which at the time they came out, they werent..

Seeing Brunner produce points is always a good thing. He has always produced for ZUG. Is it bc of the competetion lacking, or can he really produce points at any level..Seeing how his summer has gone, going back and forth from Detroit to Switzerland, I would have to assume that nothing is bothering is this kid. Goes about his business and scores points.

Seeing Tatar produce, when most are 50/50 on him, considering hes been at the top of the Wings Prospect Depth Chart for four years now, is also a good thing....I would expect Tatar positioning himself as the Wings 12/13th forward.

Mursak w 10 assists so far all but tells me his speed helps him set up plays....Wings need more of that

Filppula should be scoring like this and continuing to put up #s like this, will only help his confidence coming back to the NHL
I don't want to read much into stats...especially afterseeing Mursak's two goals the other days.
Mursak looks like's playing against junior age players. But what I like about Jan is that skating. He clearly lost a step last year after his injury, and he's skating well right now.

Reviews about Tatar in GR have been very good so far.
I I want to see from Datsyuk, Flip and Zetterberg is that they stay healthy.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:13 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I don't want to read much into stats...especially afterseeing Mursak's two goals the other days.
Mursak looks like's playing against junior age players. But what I like about Jan is that skating. He clearly lost a step last year after his injury, and he's skating well right now.

Reviews about Tatar in GR have been very good so far.
I I want to see from Datsyuk, Flip and Zetterberg is that they stay healthy.
Okay, seriously what was wrong with his second goal? That was an absolute roof job with a lot of pace. Bag on the backhand all you want, very few goalies are stopping the second goal I saw.

To the point of this thread, some of these stats as others have mentioned seem behind. Even Eliteprospects lags behind by about a week in terms of some of these leagues. If you click on the website portion after clicking on the league over there, you can usually hunt around even without full understanding of the language and find a stat tab pretty easy with up to date numbers.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:24 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Okay, seriously what was wrong with his second goal? That was an absolute roof job with a lot of pace. Bag on the backhand all you want, very few goalies are stopping the second goal I saw.
CB makes those shots on a daily basis in his broomball league.

probertrules24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:27 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:

To the point of this thread, some of these stats as others have mentioned seem behind. Even Eliteprospects lags behind by about a week in terms of some of these leagues. If you click on the website portion after clicking on the league over there, you can usually hunt around even without full understanding of the language and find a stat tab pretty easy with up to date numbers.
Decent shot. But that play can't develop against NHL defensemen. And even then, while it was a nice shot, I think goalies make glove saves all the time.

Mursak as a nice wrister, though.

I'm not bagging on Mursak or this thread. I'm glad to have it.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:29 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
CB makes those shots on a daily basis in his broomball league.
What I think is funny is that I paid Jan a compliment about his skating and you guys want to focus on the criticism.

Same old HFboard Wings board... Ignore compliments. Attack criticism.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:30 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
What I think is funny is that I paid Jan a compliment about his skating and you guys want to focus on the criticism.

I was only joking with you CB. I didn't mean to attack if that's the way it came across.

probertrules24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Decent shot. But that play can't develop against NHL defensemen. And even then, while it was a nice shot, I think goalies make glove saves all the time.

Mursak as a nice wrister, though.

I'm not bagging on Mursak or this thread. I'm glad to have it.
I agree about the skating and should have said that.

I do think you are underselling that second goal. Rinne and some of the better glove guys might have got it. The D man backing into the middle on a 2 on 1 is something that will happen. He picked a corner and fired, quick release and it got on the goalie in a hurry. I guess you see it different that is fine, it showed his confidence to me. As a lot of us have said the tools seem to be there when you watch Mursak, especially if he regains the skating stride, which never really returned full force after injury. I think Eaves and Miller have to go to waivers before him.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:18 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Mursak>>>Malkin
/thread

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:55 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
I agree about the skating and should have said that.

I do think you are underselling that second goal. Rinne and some of the better glove guys might have got it. The D man backing into the middle on a 2 on 1 is something that will happen. He picked a corner and fired, quick release and it got on the goalie in a hurry. I guess you see it different that is fine, it showed his confidence to me. As a lot of us have said the tools seem to be there when you watch Mursak, especially if he regains the skating stride, which never really returned full force after injury. I think Eaves and Miller have to go to waivers before him.

Hey, I am as big a Mursak fan as they come. I'd love for Jan the Man to be Datsyuk's RW .

But it's really unlikely he;ll even play regular 4th line minutes, let alone first line minutes, thanks to the decision to sign Brunner, Sammy and Tootoo

Old
10-15-2012, 11:53 PM
opivy
Sauce King

vCash: 966
Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
We can split hairs all night on which goalie would make the save but you have to shoot to score. I think the big ice skews everything though, defense is played differently and it's much less physical so "scorers" look a lot better vs here where you'd get sat flattened doing half the things you see.

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 12:27 AM
pdd

Quote:
I think Eaves and Miller have to go to waivers before him.
It's as I've said. The decision comes down to a couple things.

First, can Brunner play at the NHL level (if not, he's in the AHL or NLA).

Second, is Patrick Eaves healthy? If so, he's probably traded.

This leaves Mursak, Miller, and Emmerton. The logical thought is to deal Miller because he's five years older than the other two and probably at his peak for trade value. Mursak and Emmerton are capable enough to step into the lineup; he's not that much better than them. If injury occurs, Tatar, etc. will be available.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 01:09 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post

This leaves Mursak, Miller, and Emmerton. The logical thought is to deal Miller because he's five years older than the other two and probably at his peak for trade value. Mursak and Emmerton are capable enough to step into the lineup; he's not that much better than them. If injury occurs, Tatar, etc. will be available.
I agree with this logic. I have just maintained pretty much since the start of the off-season if Mursak's explosive skating showed back up he should be at the back of the potential cut list. What he is doing over in Europe shows examples of that. I just have liked him back to his AHL days, he can hold the puck and do things and should his confidence ever pick up a la what we saw with Miller last year, his numbers would be better in my opinion. He has a hard shot and a good release and was a very solid PK guy when in the AHL. When healthy he is the second fastest player on the team. I just think he cannot be the guy to go, his ceiling is the highest although I will say Emmerton looked good when out on the wing. I think both of those guys are better options as far as the last couple forward spots. Eaves when healthy might be the best but that is a pretty big unknown at this point.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 10-16-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old
10-16-2012, 01:26 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post

If Eaves is healthy, he still has almost no trade value. Who would want a guy with his recent injury history?
I also don't believe the Wings will burn Miller at this stage. He's been to reliable for Detroit.

So unless we see a philosophy shift or injuries, Mursak is in the press box

Old
10-16-2012, 01:38 AM
pdd

Quote:
If Eaves is healthy, he still has almost no trade value. Who would want a guy with his recent injury history?
I also don't believe the Wings will burn Miller at this stage. He's been to reliable for Detroit.

So unless we see a philosophy shift or injuries, Mursak is in the press box
Whichever of Mursak, Miller, Eaves, and Emmerton aren't shipped out will be in the press box, unless Brunner fails.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:08 AM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

vCash: 50
http://www.swiss-icehockey.ch/NL/spi...hp?season=2013

On this page, the stats of Brunner are always up to date.

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
http://www.swiss-icehockey.ch/NL/spi...hp?season=2013

On this page, the stats of Brunner are always up to date.
Today is the Zetterberg debut with Brunner...

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Huddy*

Quote:

Jan is a good skater