HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buying an Oilers Jersey

Old
10-13-2011, 05:17 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Buying an Oilers Jersey

What would be the best place in Edmonton or online to buy an Oilers jersey? I don't want anything fake.

I went to the NHL.com site, where they have crested jerseys for $179.99 + $7.29 shipping. I was told that this would be the cheapest way if I didn't mind waiting for shipping. I want to get a RNH jersey, but the preview has NUGENTFHOPKINS on the back for some reason. I'm also not sure if it's the correct size and style since his name is so long.

Does anyone know of anything better? Thanks in advance for any help.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Muscles Glasses

vCash: 500
Pro Am Sports (south Edmonton common, and mayfield common) and Jersey City (Kingsway, Southgate and WEM) are good starts. The Oilers store at Kingsway and the Game On Sports at Millwoods Town Center and Londonderry are good as well, I would avoid the WEM Game On, the manager there is a knob.

If the prices are the same as when I was manager at Millwoods (couple years ago mind you) un-crested jerseys are around 130 and pro-crested jerseys usually run from 230-240

Muscles Glasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Eirhead*

Oilers store will sell you a legit jersey. Haha, I don't know prices, I just go to where I know I'll get my legit product

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
jsho

I would stick to the Oilers store. If you know a season ticket holder you can get it for $200 after taxes. The nhlstore site adds a bunch of extras like duty fees or something like that when your about to buy it so its never a deal, plus you have to wait a long time to get it.

Btw, has anyone bought the new away jersey? They seem to fit a lot bigger than the home ones for some reason.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Thanks for the advice guys. I can't wait to rock RNH's jersey at the Capitals game

Old
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Muscles Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
I would stick to the Oilers store. If you know a season ticket holder you can get it for $200 after taxes. The nhlstore site adds a bunch of extras like duty fees or something like that when your about to buy it so its never a deal, plus you have to wait a long time to get it.

Btw, has anyone bought the new away jersey? They seem to fit a lot bigger than the home ones for some reason.
just to add on to that, The Game On Sports stores also honor that discount, you get 15 percent if you are an Oilers STH and 10 percent if you are a Oil Kings/Rush/Eskimos STH.

Old
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I see only darkness

So with discount your cost will be 234.99-35.25 (15%) =199.75 + 9.99 tax
=209.74

But the above poster was right my L home Jersey fits perfect but the L away jersey seems a bit bigger

I see only darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 07:01 PM
GRIZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles Glasses View Post
Pro Am Sports (south Edmonton common, and mayfield common) and Jersey City (Kingsway, Southgate and WEM) are good starts. The Oilers store at Kingsway and the Game On Sports at Millwoods Town Center and Londonderry are good as well, I would avoid the WEM Game On, the manager there is a knob.

If the prices are the same as when I was manager at Millwoods (couple years ago mind you) un-crested jerseys are around 130 and pro-crested jerseys usually run from 230-240
Agreed treats my family like trash when we go in there. Buddy went for an interview that lasted 5 minutes cause the manager had to go out for lunch..didnt get the job obviously

GRIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 07:38 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Can you get an RNH jersey now? I kept getting told they won't be available for a while

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 09:18 PM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILERS91 View Post
So with discount your cost will be 234.99-35.25 (15%) =199.75 + 9.99 tax
=209.74

But the above poster was right my L home Jersey fits perfect but the L away jersey seems a bit bigger
Not sure how the math worked out but it was $200 and a few cents.

And that sums it up for my Medium jerseys.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:

I'm with you there, the manager was a complete tool.

While looking for jerseys he kept on trying to push other useless crap on me.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Oilrider

For what it's worth, I've actually had really good service when i went to game on sports in WEM. I'm pretty sure I dealt with the same guy a couple times and he was really helpful and I ended up getting a jersey for dirt cheap because he told me he could sell it for less than the stickerprice (because it was a Moreau jersey).

Oilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Muscles Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilrider View Post
For what it's worth, I've actually had really good service when i went to game on sports in WEM. I'm pretty sure I dealt with the same guy a couple times and he was really helpful and I ended up getting a jersey for dirt cheap because he told me he could sell it for less than the stickerprice (because it was a Moreau jersey).
If it is the manager of the GOS, his schtick is that he tries to convince you that you are getting a sweet deal that nobody else could give, however Game On Sports policy is (was?) that once a player is no longer playing with the team the prices goes down 50% ASAP, and it keeps going down until it finally clears. (My store had a Mihknov jersey until it went for 29.99)

There are other problems with him as well, but they have no place on a hockey message board (how he treats staff/strange hiring patterns)

Old
10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
DisgruntledGoat

I've never been inclined buy a jersey, but damn, these new retro uniforms look amazing.

DisgruntledGoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 10:46 AM
AlesFan

I highly recommend the Jersey City at Southgate the Manager, Janet, is always friendly and provides top notch customer service. I get all my jersey’s there both crested and uncrested.

AlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 133
I've bought and Esks and Oilers jersey from the Jersey City in WEM and I've been treated well both times. Staff aren't pushy and the prices are reasonable.

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlesFan View Post
I highly recommend the Jersey City at Southgate the Manager, Janet, is always friendly and provides top notch customer service. I get all my jersey’s there both crested and uncrested.
Yeah Jersey City at southgate was pretty nice.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2011, 06:00 PM
abootzky

During the summer, my wife bought me an Eskimo jersey at The Sports Closet in Sherwood Park Mall. They have tons of Oilers stuff as well and were absolutely great to deal with.

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Oilrider

Quote:
If it is the manager of the GOS, his schtick is that he tries to convince you that you are getting a sweet deal that nobody else could give, however Game On Sports policy is (was?) that once a player is no longer playing with the team the prices goes down 50% ASAP, and it keeps going down until it finally clears. (My store had a Mihknov jersey until it went for 29.99)

There are other problems with him as well, but they have no place on a hockey message board (how he treats staff/strange hiring patterns)
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. If their policy is to go down 50% and then down to $29.99, isn't he right to think that nobody else (jersey city, etc) will offer that price? I'm not sure if this was the manager or not, but he was friendly, and he did tell me he could reduce the price from what it was listed at down to $29.99. He wasn't pushy at all though, just gave me my options. I figured that's a pretty good price for a Jersey, and it's not like it's Pronger or something. He told me they probably couldn't give away the Souray jersey they had.

Oilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:52 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

I think Muscles is saying that the owner makes it seem like you are getting a crazy deal when it is store policy (and everyone that comes into that store would get an equally good deal).

Old
10-15-2011, 06:45 AM
slapshot™

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
...the owner makes it seem like you are getting a crazy deal when it is store policy (and everyone that comes into that store would get an equally good deal).
That is called good salesmanship. Always treat your customer like he/she is special.

slapshot™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 09:18 AM
bucks_oil

Hey Gang,

I'm living in Boston and trying to get my lady a women's Retro (home or away) Pajaarvi (size S or M) before the game on Nov 10th. NHL.com can't get it to me on time.

Anyone know of a place online that can deliver ontime and would carry a good chunk of oilers stuff?

What about any of the stores mentioned. Obviously I can't go browse them, but: a) do they have an online site, or b) anyone noticed that they have a bunch of women's jerseys?... if so, phone numbers?

Thanks in advance!

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 10:05 AM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Hey Gang,

I'm living in Boston and trying to get my lady a women's Retro (home or away) Pajaarvi (size S or M) before the game on Nov 10th. NHL.com can't get it to me on time.

Anyone know of a place online that can deliver ontime and would carry a good chunk of oilers stuff?

What about any of the stores mentioned. Obviously I can't go browse them, but: a) do they have an online site, or b) anyone noticed that they have a bunch of women's jerseys?... if so, phone numbers?

Thanks in advance!
www.rivercitysports.com

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Gags89

Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
The only women's jersey they carry is the old navy blue one (which is the current 3rd). Unfortunately that won't help in finding a retro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Hey Gang,

Thanks in advance!
I believe I saw a women's Paajarvi jersey at Game on Sports or Jersey City within the last week.
Here are the numbers for either one..
Game on Sports: (780) 406-8512
Jersey City: 780-435-3788

Give them a shot and hopefully they'll have something for you.

Gags89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Muscles Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot™ View Post
That is called good salesmanship. Always treat your customer like he/she is special.
True, but there is a difference between building a rapport with a customer and insulting his/her intelligence.