HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Nail Yakupov KHL Thread #2 | 19GP: 10G-8A-18PTS | Next Game: Sometime...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-31-2012, 04:27 PM
  #326
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Hahaha beat me to it. Thx again.

Pretty solid first month in the league
haha yeah i was quick today

Hockeysemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:35 PM
  #327
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
I wonder how he will accidentally mispronounce his name on purpose. My guess

Niall Yakrupov
Nail is an english word, so he will say Nay-yol.
And Yakupov will be Yak-bubob.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:54 PM
  #328
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?
 
RipsADrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,606
vCash: 500
Think you're right about the first name.

I'm going with Nayol Yakarov. Sounds more stereotypically Russian and easy for Don to say.

RipsADrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:13 PM
  #329
Joseppi
Registered User
 
Joseppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kepler-22b
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 50
Nayul Yakublov

Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:18 PM
  #330
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor
 
okgooil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 11,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Nail is an english word, so he will say Nay-yol.
And Yakupov will be Yak-bubob.
When he really hates some one he doesn't even try. He will just call him that Russian. Nail what is his face. Insert Maclean who will pronounce it properly. Grapes will cut him off and go ya however you say it.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:22 PM
  #331
Dont Hinder Jinder
Registered User
 
Dont Hinder Jinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Think you're right about the first name.

I'm going with Nayol Yakarov. Sounds more stereotypically Russian and easy for Don to say.
Yup, sounds about right



Dont Hinder Jinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 07:31 PM
  #332
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch
 
OilChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moneybags
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
These names apply for Brian Hall as well. He's about as good as grapes.

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:36 PM
  #333
TowMater14
Registered User
 
TowMater14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OIL COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,813
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilChuck View Post
These names apply for Brian Hall as well. He's about as good as grapes.
Difference is Grapes does it because he is a d-bag and Hall does it because he is senile.

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:58 PM
  #334
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch
 
OilChuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moneybags
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Difference is Grapes does it because he is a d-bag and Hall does it because he is senile.
Agreed...the result is similar. Yakupov is what this team has needed. Him and Hall will be a threat every night. They will both create space for the silent assasins. I see Hall/Eberle and RNH/Yak being teamed up for years to come! Hartikainen/Hall/Yakupov would run teams over. Hemsky/RNH/Eberle will have teams looking for their jockstraps. PP combinations are endless. So consufing....so awesome.


Last edited by OilChuck: 10-31-2012 at 09:06 PM.
OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:22 PM
  #335
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilChuck View Post
Agreed...the result is similar. Yakupov is what this team has needed. Him and Hall will be a threat every night. They will both create space for the silent assasins. I see Hall/Eberle and RNH/Yak being teamed up for years to come! Hartikainen/Hall/Yakupov would run teams over. Hemsky/RNH/Eberle will have teams looking for their jockstraps. PP combinations are endless. So consufing....so awesome.
I think breaking the FAB 4 down like
RNH; Yak
Hall; Eberle
Would work best as Hall and Eberle have proven that they can play together and you should have your best shooter with your best passer. Whom ever you are playing they don't know which line to shut down.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:17 PM
  #336
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team
 
TimeForAnOilChange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Just Shoot Me Please
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Gotta love the jump into the boards even after an empty net goal.

Don Cherry is going to despise this guy.
The nice thing about Nail is that he wont even understand what Grapes will be saying about him, unlike Ovy, who looked neutered after Cherry blasted him on HNIC, and IMO hasnt been the same player basically since he stopped celebrating goals the way he used to...at least with Yak, it will get lost in translation.

It's the other teams' reactions that will make me nervous about his celebrations, i could care less what Grapes has to say about him.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:22 PM
  #337
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post
It's the other teams' reactions that will make me nervous about his celebrations, i could care less what Grapes has to say about him.
lets be clear about something here, NOBODY has cared what cherry has had to say about anything in a very, very long time... its not just limited to yakupov, lol

cherry is an embarrassment, end of story

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:57 PM
  #338
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
It looks like Yak enjoys the excitement after a goal. I like the way they pronounce his name after a goal.

I was just wondering if our PA announcer is similar in that way?

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:35 AM
  #339
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team
 
TimeForAnOilChange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Just Shoot Me Please
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
lets be clear about something here, NOBODY has cared what cherry has had to say about anything in a very, very long time... its not just limited to yakupov, lol

cherry is an embarrassment, end of story
....and yet we all still watch him every weekend (and ftr, i approve your post )

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:51 AM
  #340
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post
....and yet we all still watch him every weekend (and ftr, i approve your post )
Everyone looks at a car wreck as they drive by too. Watching Cherry is more morbid curiosity than it is support for the message.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 01:11 AM
  #341
ejams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
I watch Don Cherry because it's amazing to see such a closed-minded racist man on national television. He is pretty funny too though

ejams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:43 AM
  #342
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejams View Post
I watch Don Cherry because it's amazing to see such a closed-minded racist man on national television. He is pretty funny too though
Xenophobic and jingoist, not racist.

SK13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 04:10 AM
  #343
ejams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Xenophobic and jingoist, not racist.
Tomato tamato. If he doesn't like someone because they are of french descent..

However... Nayal Yabaflov is going to give him something to talk about =)

ejams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 04:59 AM
  #344
Lay Z Boy GM
Registered User
 
Lay Z Boy GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 500
Not gonna lie, I love Don Cherry. I know he's an ignorant old fart sometimes, but I still love the guy. He's like a crotchety old grandfather, he says a lot of things that he shouldn't say but you just laugh and move on.

Anyway, Nail doesn't have anything to worry about. I'm sure Oil nation has his back even if Cherry is blasting him on HNIC. That's one thing OV didn't have, a legion of hardcore Canadian hockey fans. I actually kind of hope that people hate Nail, at least a little bit. It might sound weird, but just think about how respectable Iginla is. We haven't been able to properly hate the Flames because of Iggy. He's a class act and I'll always respect the guy... I'm talking about the Flames captain, that's not how it should be.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 05:07 AM
  #345
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejams View Post
Tomato tamato. If he doesn't like someone because they are of french descent..
Not the same thing at all.

"French" isn't a race.

SK13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 05:27 AM
  #346
ejams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Not the same thing at all.

"French" isn't a race.
race 1
n.
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution.

EDIT: From another dictionary
any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

ejams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 07:11 AM
  #347
worraps
Acceptance
 
worraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
Not gonna lie, I love Don Cherry. I know he's an ignorant old fart sometimes, but I still love the guy. He's like a crotchety old grandfather, he says a lot of things that he shouldn't say but you just laugh and move on.

Anyway, Nail doesn't have anything to worry about. I'm sure Oil nation has his back even if Cherry is blasting him on HNIC. That's one thing OV didn't have, a legion of hardcore Canadian hockey fans. I actually kind of hope that people hate Nail, at least a little bit. It might sound weird, but just think about how respectable Iginla is. We haven't been able to properly hate the Flames because of Iggy. He's a class act and I'll always respect the guy... I'm talking about the Flames captain, that's not how it should be.
My feelings on Jarome Iginla are very similar to the Iron Sheik's feelings on Hulk Hogan (NSFW youtube clip):



Completely irrational hatred.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 10:54 AM
  #348
kitchen44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Not the same thing at all.

"French" isn't a race.
umm.. yes it is

kitchen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 01:23 PM
  #349
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 500
Some definitions of racism also include discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes. Key-word, definitions here class. This term is open to interpretation and a completely grey area. Now back to the real topic at hand here.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 01:27 PM
  #350
Oilin Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
When does Yakiti Yak play again?

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.