HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nail Yakupov KHL Thread #2 | 19GP: 10G-8A-18PTS | Next Game: Sometime...

Old
10-27-2012, 02:17 PM
okgooil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post

Highlights
THat second goal was a beuty. very cheeky. fake slap tuck in then just slide it back far side.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:18 PM
jadeddog

hyperbole warning! obviously he is very unlikely to keep this pace up, small sample size, blah blah blah

ok, i can't help myself, i'm kinda freaking out over what yakupov is doing right now... its *crazy*, there isn't much else to say to be honest... if he plays the rest of the season at his current pace, he will score 32 goals!! lol.... just to put a 32 goal pace into perspective, the KHL league record is 35 goals and the league leader had 27 last year... 32 would be one of the best seasons in KHL history (short as it may be)... ovechkin had 13 goals in 37 games at the same age (0.35 g/game) and malkin had 12 goals in 52 games at the same age (0.23 g/game)... yakupovs 0.73 goal/game pace is *ridiculous* for a player his age.... RIDICULOUS

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
THat second goal was a beuty. very cheeky. fake slap tuck in then just slide it back far side.
I love his celebrations. I hope that Krueger doesn't try to deter him from doing that. It's very entertaining.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry84 View Post
Plus he's playing with Kovy which I'm sure helps his point totals.

Thanks for the highlights s7ark!
Tikhonov's playing with both Kovalchuk and Tarasenko, but has 5+6 in 14 games, while Tarasenko has 8+7 in 10 with less TOI... I mean, it's not just Kovy...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:39 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
That second goal was beautiful. His hands are ridiculously quick

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:41 PM
okgooil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Tikhonov's playing with both Kovalchuk and Tarasenko, but has 5+6 in 14 games, while Tarasenko has 8+7 in 10 with less TOI... I mean, it's not just Kovy...
Tarasenko is going to be good,but not as good a yaks. He will be a 50-60 point C with very reliable Defence. Yaks could score 50 goals a few times.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:48 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Tarasenko is going to be good,but not as good a yaks. He will be a 50-60 point C with very reliable Defence. Yaks could score 50 goals a few times.
i'm not saying tarasenko won't be good, all the indications are that he should be pretty good in the NHL.... but at the same age as yakupov is not, tarasenko scored 9g, 10a, 19p, 42gp... a PPG of 0.45, which is very good actually for an 18/19 year old in the KHL, but it's nowhere near yaks production so far... its not even close

Old
10-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i'm not saying tarasenko won't be good, all the indications are that he should be pretty good in the NHL.... but at the same age as yakupov is not, tarasenko scored 9g, 10a, 19p, 42gp... a PPG of 0.45, which is very good actually for an 18/19 year old in the KHL, but it's nowhere near yaks production so far... its not even close
Well, I could say that Tarasenko scored 13+11 in 42 a year before that. But it doesn't matter. Nobody can say how this statistics will project on NHL.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:22 PM
rockinghockey

Yak has such and accurate shot on him, he seems to pick the spots that he wants, EDM does not have a player like that on the team, I am not trading this guy for nothing. If we can get lucky and draft a 2C with size then our top 6 is set for the next 12 yrs.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:24 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Well, I could say that Tarasenko scored 13+11 in 42 a year before that. But it doesn't matter. Nobody can say how this statistics will project on NHL.
now you've done it...

Tarasenko is a stud, would have been my bet for the Calder this year.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:23 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
no of course not, but you compare players of the same age and in the same league easily enough... especially if the seasons are only a couple years apart... if player A has much superior stats, you can make a fairly informed guess that player A will then have more success in the NHL... you can't say this will be 100% true, but obviously it's a much better bet

projections are just informed bets, nothing more... and the money would be on yakupov being the superior NHLer

Old
10-27-2012, 04:52 PM
scid14

Quote:
hyperbole warning! obviously he is very unlikely to keep this pace up, small sample size, blah blah blah

ok, i can't help myself, i'm kinda freaking out over what yakupov is doing right now... its *crazy*, there isn't much else to say to be honest... if he plays the rest of the season at his current pace, he will score 32 goals!! lol.... just to put a 32 goal pace into perspective, the KHL league record is 35 goals and the league leader had 27 last year... 32 would be one of the best seasons in KHL history (short as it may be)... ovechkin had 13 goals in 37 games at the same age (0.35 g/game) and malkin had 12 goals in 52 games at the same age (0.23 g/game)... yakupovs 0.73 goal/game pace is *ridiculous* for a player his age.... RIDICULOUS
Agreed, hyperbole but damn is it nice to see that kind of potential in a kid.

Watching those replays he could have had more points too. A nice play that wasn't finished could have got him an assist and almost got another goal from the slot (I think it was Yak). You can see his talent, he is always buzzing.

And yeah, I don't think anybody in this thread is trying to discount Tarasenko's talent...he's going to be a stud. But Yak is impressing me more even without the age difference. Watching him and Schultz play is just getting me excited to see everyone get together!

scid14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:06 PM
GO99
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 355
So yeah...Yak could be kinda good on the Oilers....

The end.

GO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:

The other thing to consider is he's doing it during the lockout with improved competition in the KHL right now.

It's really hard to not love this kid or be excited about his future.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:15 PM
scid14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
The other thing to consider is he's doing it during the lockout with improved competition in the KHL right now.

It's really hard to not love this kid or be excited about his future.
Him almost being at Ovy and Malkins goal totals at the same age in only 10 gp is insane no matter how you look at it. But that's true as well, he's getting to play against a few top NHL guys now too and that can only help. So excited to see him play with everyone else and I will try to temper my expectations knowing that he will have a learning period.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Him almost being at Ovy and Malkins goal totals at the same age in only 10 gp is insane no matter how you look at it. But that's true as well, he's getting to play against a few top NHL guys now too and that can only help. So excited to see him play with everyone else and I will try to temper my expectations knowing that he will have a learning period.
Of course it's good to temper the expectations a bit, but the way he's scoring goals, in my mind there's nothing saying he couldn't get those same goals in the NHL. His speed, his release and his skill should translate well.

Look at his second goal from the most recent game, the fake slapper, then the using his speed and finish with a great far post shot, that would be NHLers too.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:24 PM
scid14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Of course it's good to temper the expectations a bit, but the way he's scoring goals, in my mind there's nothing saying he couldn't get those same goals in the NHL. His speed, his release and his skill should translate well.

Look at his second goal from the most recent game, the fake slapper, then the using his speed and finish with a great far post shot, that would be NHLers too.
Yeah there are many things he does that are just absolutely impressive. I have to say that I did let other people (fans of other teams) get into my head about how weak this draft was (including the 1st overall) but I just don't see it in Yak, he is every bit as exciting as out last 2 picks for me. Love the fact that you can see his love for the game and he wears it on his sleeve.

As for tempering expectations, that's just a coping mechanism for me... just in case I'm pumped to watch this kid play in the show but I really do expect him to produce.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:41 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Love the fake slapped thought I was watching NHL13

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
no of course not, but you compare players of the same age and in the same league easily enough... especially if the seasons are only a couple years apart... if player A has much superior stats, you can make a fairly informed guess that player A will then have more success in the NHL... you can't say this will be 100% true, but obviously it's a much better bet

projections are just informed bets, nothing more... and the money would be on yakupov being the superior NHLer
Hehe, I would make a contrary bet on Tarasenko. But way too long to wait.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:10 PM
AK Dandyman

Wow, that second goal was a beauty.

Looking forward to Yak playing in the Super series in Nov. I'm sure all the games will be on TV with no NHL.

AK Dandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Njoy Oilers

Deceptive moves and quick hands. We finally have our Omark.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
Should be 9AM Mountain Daylight Savings Time. Moscow Time is +4 and Mountain Daylight Savings Time is -6. Total difference is 10 hours. Daylight savings end on November 4 so after that use 11 hours (MST is -7).
Awesome, thanks!

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:59 PM
scid14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post
Wow, that second goal was a beauty.

Looking forward to Yak playing in the Super series in Nov. I'm sure all the games will be on TV with no NHL.
Pumped for this as well. We have a few prospects playing so I will try to watch all the games I can.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:16 AM
DisgruntledGoat

Quote:
Yes, yes and Grandlund and Huberdeau and Reilly and Baertschi are all better, too.

Breaking Stamkos' records, going wire-to-wire as the best player in his draft year, and then putting up a goal-a-game in the KHL are all things any prospect can do. We're aware we have again managed to draft just an ordinary player first overall according to HFBoards.

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 12:35 AM
488fitter

vCash: 210
Quote:
I'm game.

488fitter is offline   Reply With Quote