Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Johnny Football's got it.

Manziel
Te'o
50 feet of crap
Klein
Braxton
Lee
te'o hasn't done anything to be worthy of #2 in heisman voting. maybe thanks to a 12-0 record and ESPN. he should go to new york but if he finishes second, im gonna believe the voters' minds are easily convinced of what they are being sold by ESPN and other outlets

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 500
Te'o shouldn't even be in the discussion.

Manziel
Klein
Miller

Everyone else.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:45 AM
NoNecksCurse

they have mccarron #6 ... he shouldn't finish in 6th place. they haven't watched aj play the past month obviously. again, just believing the hype of the "best" player on one of the best teams like te'o

Old
11-26-2012, 10:48 AM
End of Line
Human After All

The comparison that E!SPN did on Saturday was a joke, Woodson to Te'o.

Here you have a coverage LB who makes hardly any plays behind the line and has more assisted tackles than solo. Ok he has 7 INT's that's really good but his stats aren't Heisman worthy. He's not even the best LB in the country.

Woodson, probably the best shutdown CB in the history of CFB. They wouldn't throw it to his side of the field he was that dominant. He played in every facet of the game as well, offense, defense, special teams. ESPN really looked like complete dumbasses with this.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:05 AM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
te'o hasn't done anything to be worthy of #2 in heisman voting. maybe thanks to a 12-0 record and ESPN. he should go to new york but if he finishes second, im gonna believe the voters' minds are easily convinced of what they are being sold by ESPN and other outlets
He means the most to his team other than Manziel. That's why he deserves to go. He's the emotional leader of that defense and has elevated the play of it with his play and presence.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:18 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
He means the most to his team other than Manziel. That's why he deserves to go. He's the emotional leader of that defense and has elevated the play of it with his play and presence.
You can say that about anyone...

Old
11-26-2012, 11:23 AM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
You can say that about anyone...
To the level that Te'o has? I think not.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:58 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

you could probably put Deion Sanders in that feared defender list as well. teams never threw to him because they feared if he got the ball he would bring it back for 6.
Sanders didnt win the Heisman either.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:21 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
How about that kid from Penn State? He's the revered leader of that team even when he is injured. Why not give him the Heisman?

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I'd have it:

1. Johnny Manziel (I refuse to call him "Johnny Football")
2. Collin Klein
3. Braxton Miller
4. Marquis Lee
5. Kenjon Barner

I'm sure Te'o will be a finalist over Lee or Barner though.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
John Simon. Ohio State.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:10 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
How about that kid from Penn State? He's the revered leader of that team even when he is injured. Why not give him the Heisman?
Because Te'o has the personal resume and the team resume to back that up.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:23 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
Te'o:
GP: 12 Total Tackles: 103 Solo Tackles: 52 Sacks: 1.5 Int: 7 Forced Fumbles: 0 TFL: 5.5

Mauti:
GP: 11 Total Tackles: 96 Solo Tackles: 49 Sacks: 2.5 Int: 3 Forced Fumbles: 3 TFL: 4

Personal resume's aren't that far off considering the extra game Te'o played. And the team resume thing, I don't buy into when it comes to the Heisman. The Penn State story this year, in my opinion, is just as impressive as the Notre Dame story.

My point is, Te'o's year doesn't warrant Heisman consideration when you look at a comparable player in terms of stats and intangibles. There are too many other play makers on that Notre Dame team to say Te'o is the MVP of the Country, IMO.

Last edited by flyguy: 11-26-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 01:29 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
so basically if Te'o was putting up those same stats at say Wisconsin he wouldnt even be discussed for the Heisman.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:30 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Te'o:
GP: 12 Total Tackles: 103 Solo Tackles: 52 Sacks: 1.5 Int: 7 Forced Fumbles: 0 TFL: 5.5

Mauti:
GP: 11 Total Tackles: 96 Solo Tackles: 49 Sacks: 2.5 Int: 3 Forced Fumbles: 2 TFL: 4

Personal resume's aren't that far off considering the extra game Te'o played. And the team resume thing, I don't buy into when it comes to the Heisman. The Penn State story this year, in my opinion, is just as impressive as the Notre Dame story.

My point is, Te'o's year doesn't warrant Heisman consideration when you look at a comparable player in terms of stats and intangibles. There are too many other play makers on that Notre Dame team to say Te'o is the MVP of the Country, IMO.
those stats are pretty much identical even with one less game played...

Old
11-26-2012, 03:22 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Te'o:

Mauti:
GP: 11 Total Tackles: 96 Solo Tackles: 49 Sacks: 2.5 Int: 3 Forced Fumbles: 3 TFL: 4

52 sacks? 49 sacks? Are we talking career numbers? Your numbers are WAY OFF regarding sacks and tackles.

Here: Lets compare 3 of the top LB's in the country and tell me who has better numbers.

Shazier: 12 GP: 115 Tackles (70 solo, 45 assisted), 17 TFL, 5 Sacks, 1 INT 1 TD , 10 PBU, 3 FF

Te'o: 12 GP: 103 Tackles (52 solo, 51 assisted), 5.5 TFL, 1.5 Sacks, 7 INT, 4 PBU

Mauti: 11 GP: 96 Tackles (49 solo, 47 assisted), 4 TFL, 2.5 Sacks, 3 INT, 2 PBU, 3 FF

Shazier would be the answer...

Old
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
52 sacks? 49 sacks? Are we talking career numbers? Your numbers are WAY OFF regarding sacks and tackles.

Here: Lets compare 3 of the top LB's in the country and tell me who has better numbers.

Shazier: 12 GP: 115 Tackles (70 solo, 45 assisted), 17 TFL, 5 Sacks, 1 INT 1 TD , 10 PBU, 3 FF

Te'o: 12 GP: 103 Tackles (52 solo, 51 assisted), 5.5 TFL, 1.5 Sacks, 7 INT, 4 PBU

Mauti: 11 GP: 96 Tackles (49 solo, 47 assisted), 4 TFL, 2.5 Sacks, 3 INT, 2 PBU, 3 FF

The # of sacks is after the colon

Old
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Te'o:

Mauti:

But, Notre Dame's also the best team in the country, which expounds on the whole MVP factor. And they're experiencing an incredible rise in quality of play on the defensive side of the ball.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:36 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:

The category is BEFORE the stat, not after.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:38 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Te'o is up there because he's the best player on the best team. That's the only reason why.

Even from Texas A&M, Damontre Moore has been just as important (if not more) to our defense with similar numbers.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 04:49 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Quote:
But, Notre Dame's also the best team in the country, which expounds on the whole MVP factor. And they're experiencing an incredible rise in quality of play on the defensive side of the ball.
I know it'll be hard to convince you otherwise, as it appears you are a Notre Dame fan.

Let's put it this way: when's the last time a purely defensive only player won the Heisman? Meaning he didn't contribute in any other facet of the game. I'm not too sure about the history, but it seems it's been since the 40s (and I'm assuming some of those players played both sides of the ball most likely).

I'll agree, he's going to be a finalist because of the media hype behind Notre Dame this year and them having a perfect record. But there is no way I believe he actually has a chance.

Even considering he's a Freshman, Manziel has put up incredible numbers when compared to recent Hesiman winners. And he was able to beat the best defense in the country in Alabama. And I think it'll be too much to overlook not giving it to him.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
The # of sacks is after the colon
Misread, my bad.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Clowney is the best player in the country and his team is 10-2, he deserves it. But wont win it because he is a defensive end.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:19 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
I know it'll be hard to convince you otherwise, as it appears you are a Notre Dame fan.

Let's put it this way: when's the last time a purely defensive only player won the Heisman? Meaning he didn't contribute in any other facet of the game. I'm not too sure about the history, but it seems it's been since the 40s (and I'm assuming some of those players played both sides of the ball most likely).

I'll agree, he's going to be a finalist because of the media hype behind Notre Dame this year and them having a perfect record. But there is no way I believe he actually has a chance.

Even considering he's a Freshman, Manziel has put up incredible numbers when compared to recent Hesiman winners. And he was able to beat the best defense in the country in Alabama. And I think it'll be too much to overlook not giving it to him.
I don't really think he has a chance either, but he deserves to go to New York and I think he'll get the 2nd most votes just because of how the end of the season shook out.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

https://twitter.com/DickieV/status/274324004771356672

Quote:
MANTI DESERVES HEISMAN @Cbfowler @johnreporters @magicjohnson pic.twitter.com/l2cV8D97

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote