HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

NJD 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 08:38 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
If we end up selecting between #10 and #15, I hope we end up with Adam Erne. He reminds me of Parise with more muscle and plays the right side to boot.

He has a engine that's always on full throttle, is built ala Matteau, can fly down the wing and isn't afraid to go hard to net.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:42 AM
CerebralGenesis

What was that stuff about Duclair and Erne being suspended for a game because of poor off-ice attitude?

Old
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
What was that stuff about Duclair and Erne being suspended for a game because of poor off-ice attitude?
Both guys weren't all that receptive when their captain tried to gather the room together. They also got "accused" of being individualist and that didn't fly with Duclair, even if he is kind of a "prima Donna" at times. He was like that when he played midget AAA with Drouin btw.

They were supposed to miss a game due to "team policies" but both players decided to make their own team meeting to clear the air with the rest of the group. Their suspensions got lifted and both guys ended up playing the following game... With Duclair as a starter.

Just Patrick Roy using mind tactics to motivate his 2 best players and reunite a team that has been slipping for the past couple of weeks.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Doesn`t sound very positive. Once a ******, always a ******. Team meetings help, but not that much. Know this from my experience, you should too.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:07 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Doesn`t sound very positive. Once a ******, always a ******. Team meetings help, but not that much. Know this from my experience, you should too.
Duclair is a bit of a head case, can't deny that, but Erne isn't... well not that I know of anyways.

Erne is just a victim of trying to do to much and since he knows he's better then everyone else, he thinks he can "save the world" on his own... ala Kovy when he stunk up the place his 1st year with us.

Even if certain players, in the CHL or the NCAA, are hot heads, their still teenagers and the level of maturity isn't what it will be 2 or 3 years from now. Let's just hope that they'll learn from that experience more then anything else.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
CerebralGenesis

Sounds like that could make Duclair fall in the draft.

Lou seems to not mind some nuts in the draft but doesn't sign them when its UFA time. interesting

Old
01-22-2013, 10:15 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:

Lou seems to not mind some nuts in the draft but doesn't sign them when its UFA time. interesting
I thought Duclair would go in the middle part of the 1st round but I can see him slip in the late stage of the 1st and maybe early in the 2nd.

If we do have a late 1st, and choose to keep it , I wouldn't mind one bit if we took him cause he has the tools to be a solid NHL player. Just needs to get his mind on track but like I said, he's still a teenager, so things can change over time.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

I hope we're not in position, however, if we are in the bottom dozen or so, I would like them to grab Domi. Kid sounds like his father with a lot more skills.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 AM
CerebralGenesis

mwahaha Domi and Matteau on a line. Do it dean

Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
mwahaha Domi and Matteau on a line. Do it dean
You like that idea, don`t you?

Old
01-22-2013, 10:47 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
You like that idea, don`t you?
maybe yes

Old
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
I'd rather see Wennberg than Duclair. Wennberg has no standout traits, but no weaknesses, either. Reminds me of a Swedish Henrique. REALLY really smart and hardworking player.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I'd rather see Wennberg than Duclair. Wennberg has no standout traits, but no weaknesses, either. Reminds me of a Swedish Henrique. REALLY really smart and hardworking player.
Can't really say anything about Wennberg cause I haven't seen him play but Duclair can be a steal at the end of the 1st round. He's just so smart when he has the puck and I'd be willing to draft someone that can make a difference offensively instead of going with a "safe pick".

Old
01-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Eggers

If you want someone who isn't safe, we should just draft Slepyshev. And I still really like this Gauthier kid.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
If you want someone who isn't safe, we should just draft Slepyshev. And I still really like this Gauthier kid.
He is under a contract in the KHL for one more year, won`t be drafted this season (still will be eligible in 2014) just as he wasn`t drafted the last time.

I`d say we should send a scout to talk to him and snag him in one of the later rounds anyway, but who knows.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Eggers

Quote:
He is under a contract in the KHL for one more year, won`t be drafted this season (still will be eligible in 2014) just as he wasn`t drafted the last time.

I`d say we should send a scout to talk to him and snag him in one of the later rounds anyway, but who knows.
If you draft him this year, how long do you hold his rights until he signs a contract? Is it just until the next draft?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
If you draft him this year, how long do you hold his rights until he signs a contract? Is it just until the next draft?
Wasn`t it three years under the previous CBA? Pretty sure Granlund signed just before the deadline. Not sure what the new rules are, would have to look that up. Don`t have much time for it so hope our walking Wikipedia (Brodeur) comes here and gives you the answer.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Quote:
Wasn`t it three years under the previous CBA? Pretty sure Granlund signed just before the deadline. Not sure what the new rules are, would have to look that up. Don`t have much time for it so hope our walking Wikipedia (Brodeur) comes here and gives you the answer.
I was surprised like everybody else that nobody took a 7th round chance on Slepyshev last year. Calgary had a two year window to sign Tim Erixon (2009 pick) and had to deal him before the 2011 Draft. Ditto Minnesota with Granlund. I could be wrong, but I think the same rules apply for Russian players.

I suppose it does make sense that everybody passed on Slepyshev if they knew he had a KHL deal through 2014. And either Slepyshev showed no desire to leave early and/or NHL teams couldn't negotiate with a player under contract.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Well, he actually can`t show any desire to leave. He`d end up like Prokhorkin, although the last I heard, despite everything Fedorov said in private, they gave him a second chance after Datsyuk and Grabovsky left the CSKA. Plays on the 3rd line now, if anyone gives a ****.

Slepyshev was recently traded to Salavat Yulaev Ufa, plays with Vasilevski.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:37 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
If we end up selecting between #10 and #15, I hope we end up with Adam Erne. He reminds me of Parise with more muscle and plays the right side to boot.

He has a engine that's always on full throttle, is built ala Matteau, can fly down the wing and isn't afraid to go hard to net.

Haven't seen the kid. But how does a guy built like Matteau remind u of Parise?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post

He plays off-wing. He'd have to play LW here.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

Because he trusts that we can mould them to be a Devil when we draft them, but once a player hits UFA, there's not much that can be done. Makes sense to me.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Brodeur

Bob McKenzie's midseason rankings come out on Thursday night.

Here's the latest from Kyle Woodlief of Red Line Report, apparently a deep year for goalies: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eport/1864275/

Old
01-29-2013, 01:00 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bob McKenzie's midseason rankings come out on Thursday night.

Here's the latest from Kyle Woodlief of Red Line Report, apparently a deep year for goalies: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eport/1864275/
Can't wait for GM17 to open up the link and see how the top 3 breaks down

Old
01-29-2013, 01:02 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Because he trusts that we can mould them to be a Devil when we draft them, but once a player hits UFA, there's not much that can be done. Makes sense to me.
I meant that the player we are thinking of signing as a UFA has issues.

So say Semin. They too old to be taught the Devils way?

Closed Thread