HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton Eskimos (IV): playoffs @ Toronto next week; Tillman fired

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2012, 02:09 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
.... and how bad was Toronto last year again? We were 11-7 last year. 9-9 at best this year. They were 6-12 this year, 7-11 at worst this year. Pretty clear trend there, no?

I'm making noise until Tillman is fired. Tillman being involved in this organization is far more embarrassing than anything DM ever did. It was a panic hire that has done far more damage than good. No excuses. There are less ***** in seats, there are less W's on the board, and the **** show behind the scenes is insane.

Just as you were allowed to rip on MacTavish after EVERY Oiler loss, I'm certainly allowed to rip on ET. Deal with it.
Mactavish was and is a moron. But even at the height of my hatred for that ass clown, I never carried on like you are doing this year, and hey, whatever, the Eskimo thread has suffered because of it.

Used to be a place I looked forward to participating in. Now its a forum for your own personal vendetta. So be it.

Knock yourself out.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:11 AM
PDO

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PDO
Maybe the Eskimo thread wouldn't be left so poorly off if we were all discussing about how a 39 year old QB could maybe complete 7 passes next week.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:13 AM
PDO

http://www.cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/645

There's the BC game that has been referenced a few times.

If only Kerry Joseph had talents like Rodridguez, Collins, Bauman, Grice-Mullen to throw to.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:22 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Maybe the Eskimo thread wouldn't be left so poorly off if we were all discussing about how a 39 year old QB could maybe complete 7 passes next week.
Tillman deserves all the flak in the world for going into this season with the three Qb's we currently have now. Add to that the ridiculous trade for the kicker we have used for one play that cost us seven points.

Both of those were stupid, stupid moves, no doubt about it.

I still take Tillman over Maciocia any day of the week.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:35 AM
PDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Tillman deserves all the flak in the world for going into this season with the three Qb's we currently have now. Add to that the ridiculous trade for the kicker we have used for one play that cost us seven points.

Both of those were stupid, stupid moves, no doubt about it.

I still take Tillman over Maciocia any day of the week.
Honest to god... I want neither, and I couldn't chose if I had to.

Both are awful, and I think a lot of the reason I have some much vitriol built up for ET is that I had to live through years of DM and was rewarded with the Esk brass promising a "long search" after about 3 wees to hire the easiest hire available.

I'd have had all kinds of patience for pretty much anyone else, but the way we ended up here was just shameful, and the results have been predictable.

I care a lot about this franchise... and I wouldn't be all over it every damn week if I didn't.

Old
10-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Ray goes 27/35, 350+ yards, 4 TD's.

Can't get it done at his age.

Kerry Joseph goes 6/24, sacked 7 times, a pick and a TD that should have been a pick.

"DAMMIT LOOK HOW HAPPY HE IS WHEN JYLES IS ON THE FIELD! WHAT A GREAT TEAM PLAYER! DID YOU SEE HOW HARD HE THREW THE BALL????"

... right.
The object is winning games. It isn't a hard concept to understand. Ray isn't currently the type of QB to win you games.

Case in point last night. Hands on the ball with plenty of time on the clock for what should be the winning drive. Or at least would be a chance with one of the better QB's in the league. Ray promptly fumbles on his own 15 yd line thus handing the game away. If thats Joseph or Jyles doing that we know well what the comments here would be.

Fact of the matter is Ray failed like he has many games.

Again lets set this straight. He lost at home against a club with a bottomplace 5-10 record. He lost despite a D secondary that was allowing basically any longball and that missed cover on several plays.

Old
10-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
http://www.cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/645

There's the BC game that has been referenced a few times.

If only Kerry Joseph had talents like Rodridguez, Collins, Bauman, Grice-Mullen to throw to.
If only Reilly had the receivers he was throwing to last night...

Look, Joseph was horrible last night and one could see he was off immediately. He just wasn't feeling it and that was immediately evident. Early in the game he was also getting intense pressure on nearly every down and that got in his head as well.

But everything I state applies to Ray. Soon as he starts getting hit in a game he becomes less effective. In a game like last night I don't know it would be a lot different.

He would've likely hit Henry on the open sideline but then again who knows Henry would even catch that ball if perfectly thrown. Henry dropped 3 on the night. Plus Henry was the one that broke stride rendering it an incomplete pass.

I do agree however that the Eskimos org fairly wasted this year at the QB position. They thought this group was enough and it isn't. Nichols clearly isn't going to be a CFL QB and its plain as day. A guy like Reilly shows you more in one quarter then I've seen in Nichols period.

Lets be frank here, Reilly had an outstanding game and is likely better than anything we got.

But a lot of the problems we currently have at QB have a lot to do with Macciocia, and riding one QB all those years and not raising anybody else.

Old
10-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Ok, just a random post here and meant for a few laughs so don't nobody get all upset..

<I was watching last weeks game with the wife and heres how it went when Coohoern got the TD:>

Wife: Thats kinda disgusting! (while laughing out loud and pointing)

Me: What?

Wife: Why's he playing with himself?

Me: I don't think thats what he's doing, thats an endzone celebration, he just scored a nice TD.

Wife: Players yank their meat when they score? Whats this a Rap video?

Me: Um, no, well Maybe players from Calgary..No, I think he was doing an air guitar. He isn't exactly Pete Townsend though from the looks of it

Wife: I think he needs a new guitar pick..

Me: Isn't theres a Julio Eglesias concert on or something you could watch upstairs..

Now onto this week:

<Joseph throws an obvious pick. Soon as the ball leaves his hand its a pick. Coohoern has a great seat to watch the play and is just standing there directing traffic>

Wife: Get on em, Arrrggghh, whats he doing?

Me: I think he's putting out a fire or something, I'm not sure what he's doing, its not a celebration this time.

Wife: Whats wrong with this guy?

Me: I dunno, maybe from Calgary.

Wife: Why was he flapping his hands in the air and not doing anything?

Me: I wish I knew. I think he panicked and his brain got stuck or something.

Wife: It looked like he was doing the dog paddle.

Me: I think he drowned on the play.

Wife: Why do we watch these games?

Me: Lets watch the Sopranos then.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:42 AM
AJGass4

Watched both games last night and RR was being hyped up by the announcers again, "Vintage RR." I agree. He played like he did for us the last few seasons, great deep balls every now and then, shows flashes of what he use to be and then when it counts most, EPIC FAIL. He had tons of time to work the clock and win that game and he came up short. The last bit, he was sacked and sacked and sacked and then he gets jittery and fumbles the ball. I don't care how many yards he threw for, it was a big fat L.

On to our game. Terrible in all aspects of the game. I was a bit hopeful when Rielly threw the interception but when you are on the 20 and you walk away with 3, I knew we were in for a long night.

We take the most undisciplined penalties of any team in the league. The play calling was terrible again and we were just a bad football team. I'm not exactly sure how one adjusts to a full out rush, but apparently our defensive coordinator couldn't figure it out. No adjustments at the half and I'm not sure why Joseph was left in there so long, he looked shaky from the start.

Give full credit to BC though, I can't stand them, but they clearly are above the rest of the league and deserved the win. That kid that stepped in there and played QB was very, very good and I can't help but wonder why we are preparing a guy like Nichols when there is talent like that out there.

Hats off to Koch, what a great catch. We had every reaon to use that as a huge swing in momentum and we didn't. Too bad because the game was tied and we just threw it away.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post
Watched both games last night and RR was being hyped up by the announcers again, "Vintage RR." I agree. He played like he did for us the last few seasons, great deep balls every now and then, shows flashes of what he use to be and then when it counts most, EPIC FAIL. He had tons of time to work the clock and win that game and he came up short. The last bit, he was sacked and sacked and sacked and then he gets jittery and fumbles the ball. I don't care how many yards he threw for, it was a big fat L.

On to our game. Terrible in all aspects of the game. I was a bit hopeful when Reilly threw the interception but when you are on the 20 and you walk away with 3, I knew we were in for a long night.

We take the most undisciplined penalties of any team in the league. The play calling was terrible again and we were just a bad football team. I'm not exactly sure how one adjusts to a full out rush, but apparently our defensive coordinator couldn't figure it out. No adjustments at the half and I'm not sure why Joseph was left in there so long, he looked shaky from the start.

Give full credit to BC though, I can't stand them, but they clearly are above the rest of the league and deserved the win. That kid that stepped in there and played QB was very, very good and I can't help but wonder why we are preparing a guy like Nichols when there is talent like that out there.

Hats off to Koch, what a great catch. We had every reason to use that as a huge swing in momentum and we didn't. Too bad because the game was tied and we just threw it away.
Esks have no QB that is reliable to lead the team in the future as it stands now. Nichols and Masoli are the only hope for the future unless they get McPherson or someone with CFL experience that is relatively young. Reilly is way better than Nichols and I would trade for him if I can else Ottawa will get him.

The only hope is to find a good QB for the future as they have a decent defence. The O-line could use some work and they need more playmakers and a returner. BC has them in abundance compared to Edmonton.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Stoneman89

Extremely disappointed with the performance last night. A lot of guys didn't show up to play and it showed. B.C. was missing a who's who of offensive stars and the kid they had at QB and the rest of their back ups ran our show.

-I still think our defensive backfield needs some changes. Williams is not the answer.

- Kyle Koch turned in another sterling game, doing his best impression of a turnstile.

- not sure why Henry stopped running on the play he was wide open. Had he kept the foot on the pedal, he had a chance to catch up to that long ball.

-Cary Koch had a nice game, with the limited catches he made

- B.C.s defensive game plan was to get after the old man. Shake him up early with nothing bu blitzes and get him rattled for the rest of the game. Like we should have done to their rookie. Offensively, they ran Reilly out of the pocket on an option play with another player. Great strategies. What is baffling is that there were absolutly zero adjustments made at halftime on either side of the ball. Our coaching staff never found an answer for anything B.C. was doing. Sad.

- as bad as it was offensively, with the Lions in our backfield seemingly at the snap of the ball, it was just as bad on the other side. Next to nothing for pass rush, save for a handful of plays. And that allowed Reilly to sit back and pick us apart. Made the kid look like a star. Not saying he doesn't have some talent, but we made him look awful good with no blitzes and a porous linebacking core and backfield.

- I like J.T. Sherrit a lot. But I'd take Adam Bighill or Soloman Eleminiam any day. Both bigger, faster and meaner. Have no idea where B.C. gets all these studs from, but they are a factory. The new flagship franchise and Evil Empire.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:24 PM
OilerNut*

Vancouver fans sure love regular season success..

With that said, I don't think any team stands a chance in knocking off the Lions again this year.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:02 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Vancouver fans sure love regular season success..

With that said, I don't think any team stands a chance in knocking off the Lions again this year.
Full credit to the Leos for taking advantage of our stumblebums Friday night. Still, I think they can be had if the opponent is on their game. The BC Lions are good but no juggernaut.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Full credit to the Leos for taking advantage of our stumblebums Friday night. Still, I think they can be had if the opponent is on their game. The BC Lions are good but no juggernaut.
The whole Esks team was jacked against the riders. You could see it pregame. They were intense, running around, high fiving and really looking confident. I got none of that in this game. From the first moments panning Josephs face pregame I knew something was different, something was wrong. The team had been heading in a good direction and something changed, the intensity changed, confidence changed.

I understand we're playing the Lions at home but really my feeling is we lost this game mentally before the kickoff.

As if it needed any confirming the Interception giving us the ball on the Leos 15 to start off the game went sideways quickly as we lost yds on successive downs and ended up kicking a longer FG. Right a way a letdown on what should've been a big way to start the game.

Old
10-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

7-0 for the Ti-Cats. The Stamps already have two turnovers and the game isn't even five minutes old.

If the 'Cats manage to pass us, I won't mind. We don't deserve a playoff spot.

Old
10-20-2012, 06:30 PM
#ualberta

Wow it's snowing pretty hard in Calgary
if Hamilton wins does that mean no playoffs for us?

Old
10-20-2012, 06:53 PM
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!

vCash: 50
Calgary returns an interception for a touchdown. 10-7 Hamilton now.

Old
10-20-2012, 07:05 PM
bellagiobob

Morley Scott
And that's why u don't burn bridges RT"@TSNDaveNaylor: Cory Boyd's agent, Gil Scott, says his client is re-joining the Edmonton Eskimos.

Old
10-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagiobob View Post
Morley Scott
And that's why u don't burn bridges RT"@TSNDaveNaylor: Cory Boyd's agent, Gil Scott, says his client is re-joining the Edmonton Eskimos.

Okay, I'm happy for Boyd... but this is a complete clown show.

Old
10-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Wow it's snowing pretty hard in Calgary
if Hamilton wins does that mean no playoffs for us?
Check out the standings. They say.... Hamilton has 5 wins, with a game in hand. We have 7. Hamilton would need two win 2/3 final games (and have the Esks lose out the season) just to make the playoffs just to catch us. The Eastern team will always get in with an identicle record, season series has no bearing in the cross over.

I think both Esks and Sask will finish 9-9. Esks have the tie breaker and would finish third in the West, Sask would go for the cross over. The Riders do not look like they're playing good football at all, and they have been streaky all year. That offensive line looks like Kabongo is coaching them.

I could also see both Edmonton and Sask having matching 8-10 records too but that might be wishful thinking.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post

Okay, I'm happy for Boyd... but this is a complete clown show.
As much as I want to ***** and rant about this it was all about Salary cap as stated and so maybe a couple games not paying Boyd made a slight difference. Who knows, but maybe they had a handshake cough, cough, agreement well call you in a couple weeks, don't worry, stick around.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
As much as I want to ***** and rant about this it was all about Salary cap as stated and so maybe a couple games not paying Boyd made a slight difference. Who knows, but maybe they had a handshake cough, cough, agreement well call you in a couple weeks, don't worry, stick around.
Didn't Charles get hurt last night? It probably has more to do with that.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Ti-Cats recover an outside kick. They can win the game with a field goal.

Old
10-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Hahahaha!!! Oh man, how do you botch that??

Old
10-20-2012, 09:08 PM
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!

And Hamilton blows the game-winning field goal.

Nice hold Fantuz!

Closed Thread