HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Lake Erie releases roster.

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Hans Landaskog

vCash: 50
Lake Erie releases roster.

Team looks pretty good. Even with a lockout let's hope some of these guys impress and can make an impact soon.

http://lakeeriemonsters.com.ismmedia...3_ODroster.pdf

Old
10-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

vCash: 500
No Lafranchise!? Great, now we aren't going to win any of the games.

Old
10-08-2012, 08:26 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
No Lafranchise!? Great, now we aren't going to win any of the games.
MacQueen will lead us to glory.

Old
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Kloparren
Hth

I know I should be more excited for the dmen but I'm more excited about Hishon/Sgarbossa/Trollver/Heard

Old
10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Hishon!

Old
10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I'm glad Olver is getting time in the AHL. IMO it is the best thing for his development, he needs lots of top 6 minutes to continue developing his scoring touch, something he would not see in the NHL.

Old
10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Should be interesting to see how those 20 year old goalies do in their first season. I wonder if any of these games will be streamed. I know that is a lofty request, LOL.

Old
10-08-2012, 08:57 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
I don't know if we should be getting excited for Hishon or not.

Does the AHL have the same rule like the NHL does where injured players can't be sent down while they are injured? I seem to remember some of the Avs players being on the roster, just on IR, last year after training camp, because they had gotten injured during training camp.

I AM greatly excited to see that BOTH Aittokallio and Pickard are going to be the goalies in LE this year...although now I'm wondering if it would have been better if one of them was sent down to the Cutthroats, because then they could get playing time there.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I know I should be more excited for the dmen but I'm more excited about Hishon/Sgarbossa/Trollver/Heard
I wouldn't say you should be more excited for the dman more than the forwards, I still think Hishon will end up being the best followed by Barrie, then it gets iffy as I haven't seen sugar play and I'm not sold on Elliott.

As for the keepers, I'd be happy if anyone of them became serviceable backups.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
hopefully the goalies tear it up down there and develop like mad. i love Varly but it's been forever since i'd be stoked about a goalie prospect for the Avs.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
hopefully the goalies tear it up down there and develop like mad. i love Varly but it's been forever since i'd be stoked about a goalie prospect for the Avs.
My money is on Sami

Old
10-09-2012, 08:55 PM
squirrelbait

vCash: 450
Recent article by Dater suggests Hishon is unlikely to be playing when the season starts and might not play this year. Has not had a skate with the team yet, still experiencing headaches and post concussion symptoms.

Real tragedy.

Will surely take some time to get up to game fitness/skill levels after missing so much time away and not even having done a proper practice session yet.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
squirrelbait

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelbait View Post
Recent article by Dater suggests Hishon is unlikely to be playing when the season starts and might not play this year. Has not had a skate with the team yet, still experiencing headaches and post concussion symptoms.

Real tragedy.

Will surely take some time to get up to game fitness/skill levels after missing so much time away and not even having done a proper practice session yet.
A link to the article mentioned above

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...n-ready/11688/

Old
10-10-2012, 12:11 AM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
My money is on Sami
i don't disagree with that. i was happy but stunned when we took him.
thought for sure there was no way the Avs would take a euro, much less a goalie.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
i don't disagree with that. i was happy but stunned when we took him.
thought for sure there was no way the Avs would take a euro, much less a goalie.
Given the relative lack of success of our Euro selections, I'm not surprised we shy away from them. Pracey clearly has a keen eye when it comes to evaluating talent, if he feels more confident in young players from the CHL, USHL and similar leagues then I'd rather go with his gut than draft more Parshins, Holos' and Nermarks.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

JC Lipon (the guy we invited to our training camp) just won Dub's player of the week award.

Old
10-10-2012, 11:14 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
JC Lipon (the guy we invited to our training camp) just won Dub's player of the week award.
Was invited to Avs training camp, not Lake Erie's, but seems that the training camp after the lockout is over will consist of only NHL and AHL guys. I will be surprised if any rookies will be joining, so we might have to see Lipon next season.

Old
10-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Was invited to Avs training camp, not Lake Erie's, but seems that the training camp after the lockout is over will consist of only NHL and AHL guys. I will be surprised if any rookies will be joining, so we might have to see Lipon next season.
Yeah I know, I meant to post this in our prospect thread, but somehow it ended up in here

Old
10-10-2012, 11:22 AM
smitty10

Didn't realize that Thomas Pock came back to North America. Anyone have any information on how he's been playing since returning?

Old
10-10-2012, 11:35 AM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I was kind of wondering how that would work....do we have "rights" to him since we extended him a camp invite? And get first dibs to him if we have a camp this year? Say he comes can he earn an AHL contract or Entry Level during the season? What if there is no season til next year is the invite still in place or can someone else extend him one?

Old
10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
I was kind of wondering how that would work....do we have "rights" to him since we extended him a camp invite? And get first dibs to him if we have a camp this year? Say he comes can he earn an AHL contract or Entry Level during the season? What if there is no season til next year is the invite still in place or can someone else extend him one?
Actually I have no idea, but knowing he accepted the Avs invite means he would probably invite us a second time. Except if his last name ends with Schultz.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:00 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Given the relative lack of success of our Euro selections, I'm not surprised we shy away from them. Pracey clearly has a keen eye when it comes to evaluating talent, if he feels more confident in young players from the CHL, USHL and similar leagues then I'd rather go with his gut than draft more Parshins, Holos' and Nermarks.
i'd rather the Avs become adept at all facets of drafting so that we don't have huge holes and weaknesses in the farm system all the time.

not being good at drafting euro's says more about the flawed evaluation process than what league the player comes from.
the Avs tend to lean towards canadian major junior type leagues but that doesn't mean the talent is better because they're more well versed at scouting it there.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII

Quote:
not being good at drafting euro's says more about the flawed evaluation process than what league the player comes from.
The Avs are cheap.
With terrible scouts like that fatso Joni Lehto, and I don't know sh** about scouting Anders Carlsson there is no hope for improvement.

Old
10-10-2012, 08:33 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
You're going to be eating crow when he becomes the next Zetterberg

Old
10-10-2012, 08:39 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Dyck_#1 View Post
The Avs are cheap.
With terrible scouts like that fatso Joni Lehto, and I don't know sh** about scouting Anders Carlsson there is no hope for improvement.
I am not saying that those two are good. But isnt it kinda hard to evaluate them from a fans perspective?

Closed Thread