HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis - Calgary

Old
10-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Deen

vCash: 0
St. Louis - Calgary

To St Louis : Jay Bouwmeester + Backlund

To Calgary: Ty Rattie + Andy McDonald

Flames want Rattie in the worst way to play with Baertschi. Blues get someone to log huge minutes and give the Blues Defensive line some diversity. Backlund fills the C void that McDonald would leave and St. Louis gets a young asset back.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:19 PM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
This proposal is horrible for the Blues. No deal. We're not trading our best offensive player in McDonald unless a better younger forward is coming back our way. And Ty Rattie is showing he can most certainly produce without the help of Bärtschi. In fact, he had 4 goals and an assist in his last showing. Again, no thanks.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:24 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
I mean not a chance. I'd rather have Rattie than Backlund, and I'd rather have McDonald than Bouwmeester.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Good luck getting a single Blues fan to say yes to this.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Flames rebuilder

Horrible for both teams, McDonald is the last thing the Flames need!

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Flamester

as a flames fan i would do this in a heartbeat,

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Horrible for both teams, McDonald is the last thing the Flames need!
Flames don't need a good forward? Ok. Oh, and a top prospect as well. This is great for the Flames.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Deen

Bouwmeester > McDonald (Take age and minutes played into consideration.)

Rattie > Backlund (I'm saying this in confidence that Rattie will be an impact player. Backlund has proven he can play at the NHL level).

Blues fans can scoff at it, but I think it's close.

Last edited by Deen: 10-18-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old
10-18-2012, 07:41 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Bouwmeester > MsDonald (Take age and minutes played into consideration.

Rattie > Backlund (I'm saying this in confidence that Rattie will be an impact player. Backlund has proven he can play at the NHL leverl).

Bouwmeester's contract is horrible for our budget, and we need McDonald's offense, way more than whatever Bouwmeester could provide.

McDonald is being underrated here.

Old
10-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Bouwmeester > MsDonald (Take age and minutes played into consideration.

Rattie > Backlund (I'm saying this in confidence that Rattie will be an impact player. Backlund has proven he can play at the NHL leverl).

Not for the Blues.

McDonald is our most dynamic forward when he is on the ice, and gets our PP going. Our D was the best in the League by a pretty clear margin last season. It doesn't make much sense to take a key forward to add to the biggest team strength.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:43 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Bouwmeester's contract is horrible for our budget, and we need McDonald's offense, way more than whatever Bouwmeester could provide.

McDonald is being underrated here.
McDonald is a better player than Bouwmeester, yes, but he's also 35 years old and has had some serious health issues over the past few years. He's not as valuable as you'd think.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Deen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
McDonald is a better player than Bouwmeester, yes, but he's also 35 years old and has had some serious health issues over the past few years. He's not as valuable as you'd think.
I had this in mind as being a deal equalizer. +1

Old
10-18-2012, 07:50 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
True. His value is high pretty much only to us. He has to be on a contending team with depth for a team to value him high enough, and even then other teams that fit that, wouldn't give up the assets that we value him at. McDonald is the perfect example of a player who's value is significantly higher for his team in relation to the rest of the league.

If I was a GM of another team I wouldn't have much interest in him, but if he was on my team, I wouldn't move him.

Old
10-18-2012, 07:52 PM
PavelDatsyuk

vCash: 790
This trade would improve St. Louis from a purely hockey perspective. It solidifies a position of need almost perfectly. Bouwmeester is underrated and would look very fine next to Petro for 18 ES min/game and some solid, reliable PK time as well as PP2 time. He is everything that Blues fans would want in a partner for Petro. He doesn't demand the puck but can move it with either a pass or by skating it out and up when the lane is open. He's big and can handle men in the corners but isn't physical, which causes people to label him soft. He's a good skater and good at retrieving pucks on dump ins. Sounds very much like Petro himself to me.

MacDonald is a forward I'm not terrible high on from the Blues and, in my opinion, losing him is replaceable on that team. Yes he puts up a highish PPG average but he needs one, often both of his linemates to compensate for his (what I call) pure offense-instincts. The thing that they will miss the most would be simply the speed dynamic that he brings that allows them to force certain matchups due to slow/fast defensemen.

Backlund and Rattie would both be throw ins. Backlund would have to fight for a roster spot somewhere in the Blues bottom 6 (probably 3rd line center or pressbox) and Rattie is at least 3 years away from even competing for a roster spot in the NHL.

The only thing that would make the Blues hesitant to do this would be the implications of Bouwmeesters contract on Petro/Shatty next contract. If they use his contract as a benchmark then I think all 3 will end up being overpriced, which would lead to long term struggles for the franchise.

PavelDatsyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 08:19 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelDatsyuk View Post
MacDonald is a forward I'm not terrible high on from the Blues and, in my opinion, losing him is replaceable on that team. Yes he puts up a highish PPG average but he needs one, often both of his linemates to compensate for his (what I call) pure offense-instincts. The thing that they will miss the most would be simply the speed dynamic that he brings that allows them to force certain matchups due to slow/fast defensemen.
You could not be more wrong about McDonald. He is the one who makes his linemates better. Actually he makes the entire team better. Not only with his speed and offensive abilities, but he's also quite good defensively as well. There's a reason why Hitchcock utilizes him on the PK and in all other situations.
Quote:
Which is exactly why we would not want to trade him. He's more valuable to us than he ever would be in a trade.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
As a Flames fan I would do this in a second. Too bad it would never happen.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
StringerBell

Well it would be cool to see the Blues miss the playoffs.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Xelstyle

Even though we don't "need" McDonald...

Sign me up.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I mean not a chance. I'd rather have Rattie than Backlund, and I'd rather have McDonald than Bouwmeester.
Exactly this

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Rolen
sick

I'd rather have Backlund over Rattie, not a Rattie fan at all.

Rolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
i honestly have no interest in rattie... i like backlund and even if he stays a solid third liner i'd rather have him at his age than having Mcdonald and trying to jsut make the playoff

i want to build through draft and i dont believe rattie and baertschi will perform as well in the NHL together as they did in the WHL

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
I'd rather have Backlund over Rattie, not a Rattie fan at all.
this exactly

Old
10-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
You could not be more wrong about McDonald. He is the one who makes his linemates better. Actually he makes the entire team better. Not only with his speed and offensive abilities, but he's also quite good defensively as well. There's a reason why Hitchcock utilizes him on the PK and in all other situations.

Which is exactly why we would not want to trade him. He's more valuable to us than he ever would be in a trade.
really?.... does it matter that much to you???? its the internet... not some grammar test

Old
10-18-2012, 09:19 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
really?.... does it matter that much to you???? its the internet... not some grammar test
You are suppose to capitalize the first letter of the first word in each sentence, just so you know.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Flames rebuilder

Andy McDonald is 35 and has only played slightly over half the games in the last 4 years, not something the Flames need to get into. His value is low to most teams, except the Blues even though he's still a good player. One good shot and this trade could instantly turn into JayBo and Backlund for Rattie, so no from the Flames

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote