HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2012, 10:16 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

vCash: 500
The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Love how in the first amount of pressure in OT he folded like a lawn chair.

Just knew it was coming too.

Had trouble catching a flutter puck in the 3rd, in which Carle bailed him out.

Then a few mins before the GWG he lets a nice juicy rebound go where he needs to do an over dramatic NHL 12 dive to cover up.

3.54 GAA. .878 SAV%

Old
05-04-2012, 10:18 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

A: No.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
You must of just been vibrating that no one opened up this thread for you
Best part is that most here have no clue who you are and what your intentions are You have your new thread,,,,,,,,now GO !!!

Old
05-04-2012, 10:29 AM
G Money

we are not going anywhere letting in at least 3 goals per game and i know bryz is taking alot of the heat but come on its our d they pinch every chance they get it leads to non stop 2 and 3 on 1 's another reason these blind passes up the boards where our winger is no where near and it gets intercepted every time and usually leads to a good scoring chance we fail to clear the zone like ive never seen i know he has let in some softies hopefully that ends but its more then just bryz

and still no he wont be worth it

Old
05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
BillDineen

Bryz mind as well have the last name Biron, Esche, Leighton etc. Outside of March, he has been an average goalie at best.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:53 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

For what our D consists of, I believe they aren't doing too bad.

Yeah they have hiccups but they are back to walking on egg shells with the giant BUM in net.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Swiper the Fox

just watching him play is scary
he can't seem to track the puck down
even if it hits him, he's almost always 'lost' when trying to find out where it went after it hits him.
he's not moving laterally all that quickly
his overall body language shows no confidence and he's just slow as molasses
he is either plagued with a minor injury or he's just not motivated to be out there
can't see how this team really expects to get to SCFinals & win it all with this guy in net

Old
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiper the Fox View Post
just watching him play is scary
he can't seem to track the puck down
even if it hits him, he's almost always 'lost' when trying to find out where it went after it hits him.
he's not moving laterally all that quickly
his overall body language shows no confidence and he's just slow as molasses
he is either plagued with a minor injury or he's just not motivated to be out there
can't see how this team really expects to get to SCFinals & win it all with this guy in net
And yet he's probably been the best Flyer against NJD.

We are one seriously bad period and an OT goal from being UP 3-0 in this series. We could also be down 3-0. It's been close most of the time... Game 2 was embarrassing (we deserved to lose), bryz held the fort down for a long time.

We carried 70% of game 3 OT and had 2 pps and yet cant finish...and people trash the goalie.

I'm sure Luongo/Schneider is why Van lost, and Elliot forgot how to play G this round...yep all the goalie.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:19 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
And yet he's probably been the best Flyer against NJD.

We are one seriously bad period and an OT goal from being UP 3-0 in this series. We could also be down 3-0. It's been close most of the time... Game 2 was embarrassing (we deserved to lose), bryz held the fort down for a long time.

We carried 70% of game 3 OT and had 2 pps and yet cant finish...and people trash the goalie.

I'm sure Luongo/Schneider is why Van lost, and Elliot forgot how to play G this round...yep all the goalie.
The offense and special teams carried us through the whole season and the 1st round.

Now that the well has dried up some, it would be nice for our mega expensive goalie to show his worth.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
The offense and special teams carried us through the whole season and the 1st round.

Now that the well has dried up some, it would be nice for our mega expensive goalie to show his worth.
Because he's playing 1 vs 5 right?

He's giving up terrible turnovers behind the net or giving kovy wide blasts from the slot.

We live by the sword in the style of game we play, and we are dying by it as well. It's all good when we are scoring, but when that dries up we don't play defense nearly well enough.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

I'm interested to know what's your take on this. I was just talking about this Bryz situation with a bunch people. Just to get this out of the way first, Bryz probably won't be worth his contract but IMO we have to deal with it. He's more than enough to get the job done, regardless of the outcome this season, I will still give the guy another chance, show some patience, it could pay off in the end who knows.

Now, back to what I wanted to say, I honestly believe that the problem should not get pinned all on the goalie, but for the majority of the part it should be blamed on the system itself. The Flyers play an offensive minded system, meaning that this type of system leaves out the goalie with very minimal defensive support, Now, ofcourse we also have a history of getting mediocre goaltenders themselves, however judging by the amount of goalies we've gone through in the last decade, this should really just prove that this type of system doesn't work for the goaltenders, no matter who we bring (Well unless we bring some super awesome robot goalie, but for now we won't so we'll just leave it at that.)

Here's where I am getting at, the system needs to be changed to become just a tad more defensive oriented rather than offensive. We've seen how goalies tend to play when the D is sharp and focus, so if by making the system favour the D a bit more, it could really pay off. This will suit the goaltender, and it might mean sacrificing a bit of offence, but I honestly believe this will work out in the long run. And just so people don't take what I say out of context, I'm not saying to rid of our offence and go out all D, far from it, I just think at this point and with all the factors taken into consideration (injuries, inconsistent goaltending etc) this whole team could benefit with a bit more defence. This team needs develop a system that will have all the players on the same page.

Now, regardless of the outcome of this post season, I will slide this one off. Take into consideration that he's been taken out of a system that is completely defensive and reintroduced into a completely offensive one, and then also take into account the injuries we have had with our D haven't really helped him out. So he has another chance to prove that he is capable of doing this - which I fully believe he is.

That's my take on it.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:

do you want every goalie to come here to play like Johnathan quick? honestly i dont know he would have stop that rebound shot if he was faster than a speed of light, your problem is money, is that all you worry about is how much we payed for a goalie rather then whole team not winning hockey games or scoring goals?

you hate bryz fine but dont make everything his fault just because this team plays flat every game this whole series, he cant score goals or do you want him to do that too? are you that blind? you honestly dont get why flyers won a cup in 75 because they played as team, which the flyers in the last 30 years have never been hungry for championship, it's pure lazyness and not caring,

only one that cares is bryz, which you dont care anyway.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:14 PM
CSKA1974

Regardless of this forum opinion, Bryz is the Flyers goal keeper for the nearest future (barring new CBA rules etc.)

I do not think it's relevant wheteher or not he is worth his contract, since he and his contract are not going anywhere.

I hope we won't drag this thread for the duration of his cantract analizing every goal of every game.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:19 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Regardless of this forum opinion, Bryz is the Flyers goal keeper for the nearest future (barring new CBA rules etc.)

I do not think it's relevant wheteher or not he is worth his contract, since he and his contract are not going anywhere.

I hope we won't drag this thread for the duration of his cantract analizing every goal of every game.
This thread will be here for the next 8 years at this point...

Old
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
I'm interested to know what's your take on this. I was just talking about this Bryz situation with a bunch people. Just to get this out of the way first, Bryz probably won't be worth his contract but IMO we have to deal with it. He's more than enough to get the job done, regardless of the outcome this season, I will still give the guy another chance, show some patience, it could pay off in the end who knows.

Now, back to what I wanted to say, I honestly believe that the problem should not get pinned all on the goalie, but for the majority of the part it should be blamed on the system itself. The Flyers play an offensive minded system, meaning that this type of system leaves out the goalie with very minimal defensive support, Now, ofcourse we also have a history of getting mediocre goaltenders themselves, however judging by the amount of goalies we've gone through in the last decade, this should really just prove that this type of system doesn't work for the goaltenders, no matter who we bring (Well unless we bring some super awesome robot goalie, but for now we won't so we'll just leave it at that.)

Here's where I am getting at, the system needs to be changed to become just a tad more defensive oriented rather than offensive. We've seen how goalies tend to play when the D is sharp and focus, so if by making the system favour the D a bit more, it could really pay off. This will suit the goaltender, and it might mean sacrificing a bit of offence, but I honestly believe this will work out in the long run. And just so people don't take what I say out of context, I'm not saying to rid of our offence and go out all D, far from it, I just think at this point and with all the factors taken into consideration (injuries, inconsistent goaltending etc) this whole team could benefit with a bit more defence. This team needs develop a system that will have all the players on the same page.

Now, regardless of the outcome of this post season, I will slide this one off. Take into consideration that he's been taken out of a system that is completely defensive and reintroduced into a completely offensive one, and then also take into account the injuries we have had with our D haven't really helped him out. So he has another chance to prove that he is capable of doing this - which I fully believe he is.

That's my take on it.
I agree with you.

And we have seen this play out when Bryz was player of the month, games 5,6 vs pit, and all games vs NJD. Bryz has been solid, when we are not running around like turkeys in our own end, which isn't most of the time.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:24 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Because he's playing 1 vs 5 right?

He's giving up terrible turnovers behind the net or giving kovy wide blasts from the slot.

We live by the sword in the style of game we play, and we are dying by it as well. It's all good when we are scoring, but when that dries up we don't play defense nearly well enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
do you want every goalie to come here to play like Johnathan quick? honestly i dont know he would have stop that rebound shot if he was faster than a speed of light, your problem is money, is that all you worry about is how much we payed for a goalie rather then whole team not winning hockey games or scoring goals?

you hate bryz fine but dont make everything his fault just because this team plays flat every game this whole series, he cant score goals or do you want him to do that too? are you that blind? you honestly dont get why flyers won a cup in 75 because they played as team, which the flyers in the last 30 years have never been hungry for championship, it's pure lazyness and not caring,

The lazy team that don't care has scored 3 or more goals in seven of the nine games we have played lol.

Do you realize how absurd it is that we multiple games where we have scored 3 goals and still lost? So I guess the correct question would be; "Are you blind?" because offense has been the least of our problems.

I'm not saying we have some super power defense, because we do not. But we do not have such a bad defense that Bryz is almost dead last in post season goalies.

Like I said, there is no coincidence that the game in which we blocked 40 shots was also Bryz's best game of the post season.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:

Then a few mins before the GWG he lets a nice juicy rebound go where he needs to do an over dramatic NHL 12 dive to cover up.

3.54 GAA. .878 SAV%
And the team is playing so great (especially the D) in front of him.
Kovy breakaway? Big deal
Line change smline change.

AMIRITE?!?!?

Old
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:

3.54 GAA. .878 SAV%
nothing to see here. its not his fault. even Lundqvist would be posting those numbers here. Ask the Bryz supporters. they will tell you.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post

I dont see whats wrong with questing a goalie who has had a average to below average season. He hasnt had a good season, thats a fact. Whether it was the system, or the players or the coach or the media, there always seem to be OTHER excuses. I agree though. He isnt going anywhere because honestly, no one will take that kind of contract for a goalie. He needs to be better though and next season there wont be "he's new" excuse to use anymore.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:27 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

But we do not have such a bad defense that Bryz is almost dead last in post season goalies.

That should read " But we do not have such a bad defense that it would justify Bryz being almost dead last in post season goalies.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:28 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
nothing to see here. its not his fault. even Lundqvist would be posting those numbers here. Ask the Bryz supporters. they will tell you.
People who think that didnt watch Lundqvist play the Caps last game. The amount of 2v1's they gave up to the Capitals and the amount of breakdowns the defense had were tremendous. But see, their goalie made the saves where ours has excuses to not make them.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Kovy breakaway? Big deal

AMIRITE?!?!?
Believe it or not, this doesnt happen to only the Flyers. Seems like some think it does.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Kovy breakaway? Big deal

AMIRITE?!?!?
The fact that you somehow think every slight breakdown should automatically relieve the goaltender of responsibility is laughable

Old
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post

I hate to break it to you but Rinaldo,Shelley,Sestito wont be in the lineup for game 4.

Nobody is asking for Bryzgalov to be the best goalie on the planet. We know hes not. But the guy cannot be giving up a soft goal or 2 every game in the playoffs. Make a critical save. I dont think its asking for much.
He needs to stop that 1st goal, and he cannot be putting rebounds into critical areas of the ice. 2 things he does too much of in my view. Is everything his fault? of course not, but he needs to do his job like everyone else on the team.
He shouldnt be the last to blame or get none of the blame like some around here seem to think.
If I wanted pedestrian goaltending I would have asked for Leighton or Boucher back.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:
But we do not have such a bad defense that Bryz is almost dead last in post season goalies.

That should read " But we do not have such a bad defense that it would justify Bryz being almost dead last in post season goalies.
yes
yes we do

Closed Thread