HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

calgary / montreal proposal

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 11:09 AM
keemo905

vCash: 500
calgary / montreal proposal

What about a Bulis for Gauthier trade?

Montreal needs to get tougher and meaner
Calgary needs some scoring...

Sounds good to me. About the same salary

Old
09-19-2003, 11:14 AM
H3ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo905

Montreal have about 9 D-Man that could play in the NHL this year, and they some big D-Man in Quintal, Rivet, Souray and Komisarek. They needs to get tougher forwards, not D-Man. Bulis will likely play with Koivu on the first line this year... There's no way Habs will be interested in a such deal...

Old
09-19-2003, 11:14 AM
flamesfanont

Quote:

Calgary could use some offense but not from a softy like Bulis and not for that price. Pass.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Lambert Closse

Could Gauthier play forward?

Because size is not an issue for Habs d. A d-man that could get the puck out of the zone could help though. Has Mike Lalor retired or is he still playing in Dallas with Craig Ludwig?

Old
09-19-2003, 11:21 AM
keemo905

Montreal does have lots of D but...

I think montreal will loose a couple of D coming waiver draft... (I should say I hope they loose a couple D on waiver draft ) and I think Brisebois is not going to last long in Mtl this year so we would have a spot for Gauthier.

All the experts say Bulis will be in the 50points range this year... Would be nice for Calgary to get his points and speed.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Marksman

Quote:

To my knowledge both players are popular where they are... so trading one for another is not very likely scenario. Another sticking point is Habs have lots of defencemen with NHL salary and only so many seats in their press box. Especially on the left side.

Otherwise I would do it from Habs pov.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:34 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfanont
Calgary could use some offense but not from a softy like Bulis and not for that price. Pass.
For your information, Bulis is not soft. Just watch him play more often.....one of the most improved players in the league. Good 2 way player, who does not shy away from the physical play and can chip in 50 points.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:36 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

On Montreal's part, I would pass.....Bulis is becoming a real treat to watch

Gauthier is injury prone, and the habs already have guys that can do things similar to him (Souray, Quintal...and the up and coming Komisarek)

Old
09-19-2003, 11:40 AM
keemo905

The thing is Mtl has to get rid of some D before they can add some...
We will loose a D (or 2) on waiver draft but do you know of another in need for more depth at D so Mtl can get rid of his old wood like Dykhuis and Traverse and Brisebois and maybe Rivet?

Old
09-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
On Montreal's part, I would pass.....Bulis is becoming a real treat to watch

Gauthier is injury prone, and the habs already have guys that can do things similar to him (Souray, Quintal...and the up and coming Komisarek)
Gauthier is not injury prone. You need to know a little more about him before you make such a statement. From what I can recall, he's only had one injury that has kept him out. I seem to think there may have been one other small injury but I can't really remember. Someone will have to verify that one. He is definitely not injury prone. The reason he hasn't played many games is because he just became a regular player a few seasons ago. Prior to that he was bouncing around the AHL and NHL.

Second, yes Souray, Quintal and Komisarek do things that are "similar" to Gauthier but not nearly as well. Quintal is done. He will be retiring very soon and is nowhere near the player Gauthier is. Souray never played any hockey last year so to say he will be the same player as Gauthier next year is wrong. Yes he plays a similar style, but again, he isn't at the same level as Gauthier. Finally, Komisarek will end up playing the same style as Gauthier but for now he is a step back. Yes you can go ahead and say he is this great young dman, which is true, but he isn't at the level of Gauthier yet. He has some developing to do.

Bottom line, I don't deal Gauthier for Bulis. Bulis is a solid player but I would rather keep Gauthier and see how the young players (Kobasew and Saprykin in particular) fair before moving him.

Old
09-19-2003, 01:15 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty

Bottom line, I don't deal Gauthier for Bulis. Bulis is a solid player but I would rather keep Gauthier and see how the young players (Kobasew and Saprykin in particular) fair before moving him.
I would rather have Bulis over Gauthier, contrary to you also. At least this proposal is not lopsided

Old
09-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
Gauthier is not injury prone. You need to know a little more about him before you make such a statement. From what I can recall, he's only had one injury that has kept him out. I seem to think there may have been one other small injury but I can't really remember. Someone will have to verify that one. He is definitely not injury prone. The reason he hasn't played many games is because he just became a regular player a few seasons ago. Prior to that he was bouncing around the AHL and NHL.
last 4 seasons played in the NHL (without AHL time):

1999-2000: 39 games
2000-2001: 62 games
2001-2002: 66 games
2002-2003: 72 games

Has yet to play a full season...

Old
09-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Bulis was more physical than zednik last year! period.
(zednik is probably the best guy on our team to protect the puck but bulis is IMO our most couragious player always going in the corner.. fight for the puck.. play with grit.. good speed... good defense ...he's really underrated IMO)

and we are loaded in defense ...
+ souray back ! (read that he's doing very well actually at our camp)
NO !

Old
09-19-2003, 01:23 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
How did you come to the conclusion Bulis was soft?

Old
09-19-2003, 01:24 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
last 4 seasons played in the NHL (without AHL time):

1999-2000: 39 games
2000-2001: 62 games
2001-2002: 66 games
2002-2003: 72 games

Has yet to play a full season...
yep, sounds like Gauthier is injury-riddled

Old
09-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I suspect Gauthier's trade value is a bit higher than Bulis', given the current NHL shortage of physical dmen. But, that said, Bulis is hardly "soft." In fact, he has developed into an excellent third line center. He may not be Matt Cooke fiesty, but he is energetic and does not back down at all.

As for Gauthier, he does appear to be somewhat injury prone. He certainly gets banged up a lot, which might reflect his style of play. Still, he could play in the top five on nearly anyteam in the league.

Two players here who any team would like to have, with the slight nod to Gauthier.

09-19-2003, 01:31 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
How did you come to the conclusion Bulis was soft?
Obviously, he did not see Bulis play last season

Old
09-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I suspect Gauthier's trade value is a bit higher than Bulis', given the current NHL shortage of physical dmen. But, that said, Bulis is hardly "soft." In fact, he has developed into an excellent third line center. He may not be Matt Cooke fiesty, but he is energetic and does not back down at all.

As for Gauthier, he does appear to be somewhat injury prone. He certainly gets banged up a lot, which might reflect his style of play. Still, he could play in the top five on nearly anyteam in the league.

Two players here who any team would like to have, with the slight nod to Gauthier.
actually he's a third liner with a top line potential !
i'll make a prediction:
he'll be better than zednik in offense this year!
he's so talented! IMO he's our 2nd best forward after koivu!
zednik is a great player but he always shoot dont play with his teamates enough IMO ... anyway..just my 2 cents

Old
09-19-2003, 01:38 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
actually he's a third liner with a top line potential !
i'll make a prediction:
he'll be better than zednik in offense this year!
he's so talented! IMO he's our 2nd best forward after koivu!
zednik is a great player but he always shoot dont play with his teamates enough IMO ... anyway..just my 2 cents
Hey Kryoptix,

I kind of feel the same way. Zednik has more trade value obviously, but Bulis may be arguably the habs most valuable forward, night in night out(after Koivu, and keeping Zed in mind)

Old
09-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

Agreed. Still, Bulis is more valuable to the Habs right now, especially considering he's going to play with Koivu this year and should get pass the 20 goal mark (which he said himself was his goal for the upcoming year). He's also big, a very rare attribute among our forwards.

Gauthier is nice but with Souray, Komisarek, Rivet, Quintal, his contribution would seem somewhat redundant. Gauthier is an upgrade over Souray, but by a substancial margin? no.

Old
09-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
I agree with everything you just said Darth. I think that these two players (Bulis and Gauthier) are, value wise, pretty even...although like you say there would be a slight edge to Gauthier because of the position and style that he plays.

Old
09-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Hitman*

I think we'd probably get more from Toronto for Gauthier. Montreal would be more interested in Donovan or Betts to solve their size problem.

Old
09-19-2003, 07:54 PM
evman150*

I really like Bulis where he is. I don't think I'd do this trade from a Habs perspective.

But as a Flames fan, I would defiantely do this trade. I am a big Jan Bulis fan.

Old
09-20-2003, 10:11 AM
tinyzombies

Darryl Sutter will never trade a player like Gauthier. He's a Sutter-type player. Fugghedaboudit.

Closed Thread