HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Comrie played his last game in oiler threads

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 01:22 AM
Dr_Gonz0

vCash: 500
Comrie played his last game in oiler threads

According to 2 edmonton media sources, Mike Comrie DID ask for a trade last summer, and hass played his last game in an oilers uniform. John Short reported that Comrie's agent Winter say he is demanding a trade, and their High pay raise demands are a ploy to get KLowe to trade him, this was backed by 1260 reporter Bryn Griffens(saying he had been sitting on this information for 2 days now). Rumour has it that 3 teams are interested in Mr. Comrie( ATL, PHI, and DET.). I am interested to see what your respective fans would offer for this pint sized dynamos service. The ATL rumour has a "Russian" comnig back if a trade were to go thru. Speculations????

WWW.Oilfans.com postings:

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t...art=0&count=15

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t...e284#msg_57724

Old
09-19-2003, 01:28 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
i really wouldn't believe that forum for a minute, there are some very good posters there but HF is the place to be

Old
09-19-2003, 01:29 AM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
According to 2 edmonton media sources, Mike Comrie DID ask for a trade last summer, and hass played his last game in an oilers uniform. John Short reported that Comrie's agent Winter say he is demanding a trade, and their High pay raise demands are a ploy to get KLowe to trade him, this was backed by 1260 reporter Bryn Griffens(saying he had been sitting on this information for 2 days now). Rumour has it that 3 teams are interested in Mr. Comrie( ATL, PHI, and DET.). I am interested to see what your respective fans would offer for this pint sized dynamos service. The ATL rumour has a "Russian" comnig back if a trade were to go thru. Speculations????

I would NEVER post Oilfans.com as a reliable source in a post like this. Try finding a more credible source than that.

Not a very good forum.

Old
09-19-2003, 01:32 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0

Let me see which Russians in Atlanta are available to trade to Edmonton for Comrie: Ilya Nikulin, Kirill Safronov and Yuri Butsayev. Yep I'm sure those players are enough to get the deal done.

Old
09-19-2003, 01:34 AM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
I would NEVER post Oilfans.com as a reliable source in a post like this. Try finding a more credible source than that.

Not a very good forum.

Again, the source was not www.oilfans.com, it was John Short, a respected edmonton media man, who has always been pretty bang on with his reports, and Bryn Griffens of the team 1260 radio, not oilfans posters. I emailed Mr. Griffens and Mr. Short to get some solid confirmation on this report, and am hoping to hear back from him soon. I will pass any information I receive if he can release it.

Old
09-19-2003, 03:49 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

If Comrie has demanded a trade, then his value will continue to drop. How many players in his situation land his team good return. Unless your dealing with Mike Millbury, dont expect his exact value coming back to Edmonton.

Old
09-19-2003, 04:06 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

The same demand was made public on the game broadcast last night during the Flames-Oilers pre-season tilt. It will be intersting what the Oilers get back in return. Names like Datsayuk, Zetterberg, etc. have been bounced around. I just can't see that happening. Small centers don't have much value. Especially small centers that make trade demands and have silly contract demands. Marc Savard got a crap prospect in return. I'm not saying the Oilers are going to get shafted like that, but prescident has been set so an argument can be made for that happening, especially when you take salary demands into question. I seriously doubt that a player like Datsayuk or Zetterberg would be the return on a hold out/locked out player.

Old
09-19-2003, 04:17 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
The same demand was made public on the game broadcast last night during the Flames-Oilers pre-season tilt. It will be intersting what the Oilers get back in return. Names like Datsayuk, Zetterberg, etc. have been bounced around. I just can't see that happening. Small centers don't have much value. Especially small centers that make trade demands and have silly contract demands. Marc Savard got a crap prospect in return. I'm not saying the Oilers are going to get shafted like that, but prescident has been set so an argument can be made for that happening, especially when you take salary demands into question. I seriously doubt that a player like Datsayuk or Zetterberg would be the return on a hold out/locked out player.
To back up your point further, Danny Briere, less than a season removed from a 30 goal season, landed the Coyotes Chris Gratton, who had quite frankly fallen out of favor in Sabreland. While Comrie is undoubtedly better than Briere, Danny didn't have contract issues or problems with the team.

Old
09-19-2003, 04:21 AM
BCCHL inactive

I believe Comrie will never play for Edmonton again. Not because he might have asked for a trade, but because Kevin Lowe locked him out of camp. That was the single dumbest thing Lowe could have done.

Comrie wanting to be at camp without a contract shows that he wants to get a deal done, and had the intentions of being under contract by the first game of the season. However, being locked out of camp was a blatant slap in Comrie's face, courtesy of Kevin Lowe.

Old
09-19-2003, 04:26 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

*shakes head*

Old
09-19-2003, 04:37 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
*shakes head*
Up-and-down or sideways or randomly ?

Anyways Comrie can demand more $, and can demand a trade, and can want to attend training camp without a contract. Doesn't mean it happens.

I have two questions:
1) Anybody think the Comrie would take less $ to sign elsewhere? - if Comrie was willing to sign a very reasonable three or four year contract elsewhere then his trade value would be high.
2) Should the Oil take five first round picks for the guy?

Old
09-19-2003, 04:42 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Now add Kovalchuk to the list of players that the Oiler faithful is expecting in return for Comrie. I think there are going to be some majorly disappointed people in Edmonton when this deal goes down.

Old
09-19-2003, 05:04 AM
messy_eh

my guess that the russian comment was mere wishful thinking on some oil fans part because there is no way Kovalchuck will be coming back for comrie not unless edmonton were to throw in Brewer, rita and 3 1sts. and i don't think any of the other russian born players would be sutable to edmonton's needs. as far as what Detroit would offer I can't see them offering up a player like fischer or Datsyuk so it would have to center around hulder and i don't know if edmonton would want a player who has yet to play in the NHL. But Philly could be interesting (if it is true) I am sure a williams for Comrie deal could work might needs some fine tunning and Woywitka would also definatly interest edmonton, but the question is what would it take to get a deal done. as far as the 3 teams here are my proposals

Atl - Mike Comrie
Edm - patrick Stefan , 4th round pick
logic - not much but Heatly, kolvachuck, and lehtonen are NOT available and Stefan is probably the only player that might remotly interest the oilers. Savard is a possability, but unlikley. I honestly think there will not be an EDM - ATL trade involving comrie.

Detroit - Mike Comrie
Edmonton - jiri Hudler, Mathieu Dandineault

Detroit gets a young center to immediatly replace Larionov, and eventually replace Yzerman. edmonton gets a young skilled center although he has to prove himself in the big league. Dandineault would do well with edmontons style of play and he may be a 5-6 d-man in detroit but edmonton also doesn't have Lidstrom, Hatcher, Chelios and Schnieder in front of Dandineault. I think Dandineault could be a very effective #3 guy in edmonton

Phi - Mike Comrie, Raffi torres, 2nd round pick
Edm - Justin Williams, Jeff woywitka, 4th round pick

this would probably be a dream trade for edmonton but that's about all it would probably amount to unless clarke is really interested in both Comrie and Torres. Torres could be a potential replacement for John Leclair next year. All players involved are young so age isn't really a factor. but Woywitka might be good for the oilers but clarke would not be eager to let him go.

Old
09-19-2003, 05:19 AM
Whinks

Send a message via AIM to Whinks
Handzus and Seidenberg for Comrie

Gagne-Comrie-Williams
Pitkanen-Woywitka

Look good for the future?

Old
09-19-2003, 05:30 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

If John Short is saying Comrie has demanded a trade, then it's hard to dismiss.

As for Bryn Griffiths and his "down east sources", I'm a little more skeptical. Believing that Comrie's asked for a trade is one thing... but I kind of doubt Bryn was able to get anything reliable from his "down east sources". I find it likely that his sources on this are media counterparts, not anybody on the inside.

You know what'd be funny? If the Oilers traded him to Atlanta for Marc Savard. -well, funny for everybody except Oiler fans, but still pretty funny.

Old
09-19-2003, 05:34 AM
Lowetide

There's no way imo Kovalchuk is going anywhere, certainly not for Comrie. I'd suggest that Comrie's value is not far removed from Savard, although Edmonton won't deal him for that little (they can just let him sit if the value coming back isn't worthwhile).

Comrie's acting like a spoiled brat from the sounds of things. The Oilers are at least a bit responsible. I know that he had the VanRYn rule behind him, and they had to offer him the big money when he threatened to go ufa.

However, they gave him their best wingers, lots of playing time on the powerplay, and generally loaded up one line on which he was the centerpiece.

Seems to me it's like a parent giving their kid everything he wants, and then wondering why he's such an ass when he grows up.

Old
09-19-2003, 06:33 AM
IGM

I know, they gave Comrie all of that stuff and then he went out there and just did nothing with it. What an ingrate. The young small guy only went out and played his tail off. He may not be in a strong negotiating position as far as his contract status goes but that's ok, the Oilers can let him sit until whatever happens will happen, it isn't like they are actually trying to compete for the cup, they are just trying to stay in business.

Old
09-19-2003, 07:28 AM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
I know, they gave Comrie all of that stuff and then he went out there and just did nothing with it. What an ingrate. The young small guy only went out and played his tail off. He may not be in a strong negotiating position as far as his contract status goes but that's ok, the Oilers can let him sit until whatever happens will happen, it isn't like they are actually trying to compete for the cup, they are just trying to stay in business.
Yeah, god forbid they spend millions & cannot even make the playoffs like the uh..........................................KIngs.

Old
09-19-2003, 07:49 AM
Mr Sakich

with stevey Y leaving practice early because of a sore knee, you can bet that the wings rumours will heat up. I personally think it could be a comrie for fischer trade but that has been beat to death around here before.

Old
09-19-2003, 07:57 AM
IGM

Ouch sammy, that was a good one, I mean the two situations have soooooo much relevance. I gues those reading comprehension classes haven't taken yet, huh? That's O.K. little camper, there is plenty of room in the world for "special" people like you. In fact, if you lose some weight and practice a whole bunch I bet you can even make their Olympics! Go get em tiger.

Oh, and it's alright with me that the Kings didn't make the playoffs last year, why does it bother you?

Old
09-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
Ouch sammy, that was a good one, I mean the two situations have soooooo much relevance. I gues those reading comprehension classes haven't taken yet, huh? That's O.K. little camper, there is plenty of room in the world for "special" people like you. In fact, if you lose some weight and practice a whole bunch I bet you can even make their Olympics! Go get em tiger.

Oh, and it's alright with me that the Kings didn't make the playoffs last year, why does it bother you?
Geez, I didnt realize you were such a sensitive little boy. I'll be gentler next time..
BTW, what would you have Oil management do. Just give everybody whatever they want. Thats a good idea. Edmonton might then have a team in town for what, another year or two.
Grow up & realize there are fiscal realities with many small market teams if they have any hope of survival.
And by the way, there is relevence to the two situations. The relevence is as follows. The fact you spend a bunch of cash is very little guarantee of anything. Just look at your Kings, Rangers, Stars...etc

Old
09-19-2003, 08:13 AM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny MacDonald
Now add Kovalchuk to the list of players that the Oiler faithful is expecting in return for Comrie. I think there are going to be some majorly disappointed people in Edmonton when this deal goes down.

Yes.. im sure alot of oiler fans are expecting kovalchuk..

Old
09-19-2003, 08:13 AM
Coffey77

Hudler and Dandenault for Comie seems fair. I think Dandenault would do better in Edmonton because his speed would be better utilized.

I don't know how high the Wings' staff thinks of Hudler but I think they might move him.

I don't think the Oilers will get market value because of the holdout and the fact that this is the 2nd time this has happened. I remember what people thought Marc Savard would go for (Datsyuk for one) but it ended up being for a prospect. And Savard is a comparable IMO player to Comrie.

Old
09-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffey77
Hudler and Dandenault for Comie seems fair. I think Dandenault would do better in Edmonton because his speed would be better utilized.

I don't know how high the Wings' staff thinks of Hudler but I think they might move him.

I don't think the Oilers will get market value because of the holdout and the fact that this is the 2nd time this has happened. I remember what people thought Marc Savard would go for (Datsyuk for one) but it ended up being for a prospect. And Savard is a comparable IMO player to Comrie.

Personally, I would take Comrie over Savard any day, and I have seen them both play a ton. That said, all things considered, they are reasonably comparable players - Comrie will get you more goals and Savard will get you more assists. Given that Lowe has played hardball so far with MC, I don't see him bending over too quickly to get a deal done unless it is one he feels can improve the team. I could see MC being moved for a prospect, but I think Lowe would prefer a deal combining MC with one of our surplus LW's to shore up the defence. I like Comrie for Fischer. Dandenault and Hudler doesn't sit well with me for some reason...how about Dandenault and Draper for Comrie and Moreau?

Old
09-19-2003, 08:37 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Yeah well... they can't be all like Jere Lehtinen..

Closed Thread