HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

All Purpose Luongo Trade Discussion (New news) MOD WARNING IN OP

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Ho Borvat

vCash: 500
Gardiner makes no sense (for either side really. As good as he is, just isnt a piece Van needs).

Kadri on the other hand is very realistic piece to center a deal around.

Last edited by piqued: 10-18-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
10-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Quote:
So if Luongo were traded to #Leafs or anyone w/ new CBA and retired before contract ran out (age 43), #Canucks would be on hook for cap hit.
Suddenly Luongo's trade value just went up again.
tell me the difference between

Luongo retires, his Cap Hit is off the books for the Leafs

The Leafs or Panthers couldn't care less about the Nucks potentially having this Cap Hit

Old
10-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
Would Canucks consider taking Komisarek? it's well known that they need a gritty crease clearing defenseman.
We prefer defensemen that can skate and handle the puck.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:19 PM
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Gardiner makes no sense (for either side really. As good as he is, just isnt a piece Van needs).

Kadri on the other hand is very realistic piece to center a deal around.
You weren't getting Kadri before the lockout and you're not getting him with the new CBA.

You should be thrilled with MacArthur, Blacker and a 2nd.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
That team gets goaltending, and some good minutes from their young d-men and its a good chance they see post season action.
Seeing post season action is pointless if you are not contending in the playoffs. Edmonton is realistically closer to 4 years away from being a contender. The variable is where Lou will be in that time. Plus I don't see them putting Dubnyk on the back burner for the next 4 years, or be put in a position like Vancouver is now and try (not have to but try) to move Lou again. I would expect a very underwhelming offer from Edmonton.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:22 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
That team gets goaltending, and some good minutes from their young d-men and its a good chance they see post season action.
For sure, they are going to give Dubnyk the chance to give us the goaltending. He was actually very good from January's onwards.
If Dubnyk does not cut it then I'm guessing the Oilers will enter the market for a goaltender at the end of the year when Khabby is gone.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:23 PM
bikesbikesbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
You weren't getting Kadri before the lockout and you're not getting him with the new CBA.

This is exactly what I meant by unreasonable. We aren't gutting your team. We want to center a trade around decent prospects, and Kadri seems like a good place to start for a goaltender who is at worst considered in the top 15 in the league. And you offer us crumbs...

Old
10-18-2012, 01:23 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Seeing post season action is pointless if you are not contending in the playoffs. Edmonton is realistically closer to 4 years away from being a contender. The variable is where Lou will be in that time. Plus I don't see them putting Dubnyk on the back burner for the next 4 years, or be put in a position like Vancouver is now and try (not have to but try) to move Lou again. I would expect a very underwhelming offer from Edmonton.
Exactly the same situation the Leafs are in. To be honest... its just far more likely Edmonton is able to contend in 4 years than the Leafs.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Maybe they are hoping Lu can do for them what Sundin did for the Canucks?

Old
10-18-2012, 01:25 PM
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes View Post
This is exactly what I meant by unreasonable. We aren't gutting your team. We want to center a trade around decent prospects, and Kadri seems like a good place to start for a goaltender who is at worst considered in the top 15 in the league. And you offer us crumbs...
Just because you don't know anything about Jesse Blacker doesn't mean he's crumbs.

Educate yourself.

You'd be getting a potential 2nd pairing guy with very good upside.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:25 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes View Post
It isn't fair value for Luongo. But you have to be reasonable to understand that Luongo doesn't provide that much at this point. The team is coming off of a bottom five finish, and not looking like they can contend for 4+ years. At that point, how is Luongo looking in terms of getting elite goaltending? This is why the Leafs and Canucks aren't good trading partners.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Scurr

Quote:

We were offered Schenn and Schenn > Kadri

Old
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
tell me the difference between

The Leafs or Panthers couldn't care less about the Nucks potentially having this Cap Hit
The only good thing about it is that the league is putting the hit back on the team that signed the player rather than on the team he is with when he retires. If the league did that Luongo would have been untradeable.

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

Uh no. We will never be thrilled with accepting garbage for an elite goalie. You should be thrilled to get Luongo for Gardiner.

10-18-2012, 01:27 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
We were offered Schenn and Schenn > Kadri
Proof that you were offered Schenn?

Old
10-18-2012, 01:27 PM
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Quote:
Just because you don't know anything about Jesse Blacker doesn't mean he's crumbs.

Educate yourself.

You'd be getting a potential 2nd pairing guy with very good upside.
Crumbs.

You're sitting here telling us we should be 'thrilled' to accept Macarthur, Blacker, and a second. Who the hell are you to tell us that?

Luongo's trade value may have not gone up in the traditional sense, but seeing as the Canucks maintain a hell of a lot more risk now when they trade him, they're certainly going to want a better package going forward than whats been offered previously.

His value is up to the Canucks. The only team that matters.

Take your **** proposals to the Leafs board if you want them fawned over.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:28 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
Exactly the same situation the Leafs are in. To be honest... its just far more likely Edmonton is able to contend in 4 years than the Leafs.
The difference is the Leafs have an impatient Brian Burke at the helm. From his personal point of view he needs the Leafs to make the playoffs this year. Luongo to the Leafs is more likely I would think.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:28 PM
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Uh no. We will never be thrilled with accepting garbage for an elite goalie. You should be thrilled to get Luongo for Gardiner.

I can't wait for Luongo to get traded.

It's going to be awesome.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
neksys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Excuse me if I don't put any stock in what Botchford says.......
Why? There's a lot of reasons I don't like Botchford, but he's well-connected, doesn't stir the rumour pot unnecessarily, and has a good, honest track record.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

I can't wait for Luongo to get traded.

It's going to be awesome.
And I can't wait to see your response when the Canucks get good value for Luongo from a team that's not Toronto. Enjoy another non playoff season.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
GoLeafsGo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
The difference is the Leafs have an impatient Brian Burke at the helm. From his personal point of view he needs the Leafs to make the playoffs this year. Luongo to the Leafs is more likely I would think.
I don't think Burke is as impatient as many would think. He was never adamant in selling the farm to make the playoffs. He won't be now. He won't get shafted. There is no way he deals Gardiner/Reilly/1st/Other core.

Kadri? Possibly. I don't think its impossible, but I don't think its very likely. Luongo likely won't be a Leaf because of these reasons, but that's just the way it is.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
bikesbikesbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo96 View Post
It isn't fair value for Luongo. But you have to be reasonable to understand that Luongo doesn't provide that much at this point. The team is coming off of a bottom five finish, and not looking like they can contend for 4+ years. At that point, how is Luongo looking in terms of getting elite goaltending? This is why the Leafs and Canucks aren't good trading partners.
Agree completely! I think Lu could help you squeak into the playoffs, but why not deal with low finishes for a few more years and pull an Edmonton? Reilly looks like the real deal, and a few more top prospects will set you up for years.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:31 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by neksys View Post
Why? There's a lot of reasons I don't like Botchford, but he's well-connected, doesn't stir the rumour pot unnecessarily, and has a good, honest track record.
......well we will agree to disagree on those points.

Old
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
And I can't wait to see your response when the Canucks get good value for Luongo from a team that's not Toronto. Enjoy another non playoff season.
Enjoy paying $5.3M for a retired goaltender in 2018/19+.

Old
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Maybe they are hoping Lu can do for them what Sundin did for the Canucks?
Without trying to sound like a dick, I don't remember anything positive from Mats Sundin or worthy from his tenure in Vancouver. All I remember is him dicking around Vancouver until December/January, eating up 5 million in cap and being "generous" by leaving a million behind so the team could improve the team. Then getting injured in the first round in game 2?

So I don't remember any positive there. Can you elaborate what you meant so I can understand and respond better. Thanks

Closed Thread