HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Purpose Luongo Trade Discussion (New news) MOD WARNING IN OP

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2012, 11:28 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Fair enough, but I don't think Luongo returns that package alone, just trying to be balanced here.
Balanced would be offering something that addresses a need for the Canucks in exchange for an elite goaltender (Luongo).

Once again, Kulemin is more of what we already have too much of (Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen) that we do not need more of.

Kadri isn't a top prospect and I just don't see how he would fit in the Canucks lineup.

A 2nd round pick isn't that valuable, especially when you consider how few 2nd round picks actually have an impact in the league. We're talking about Roberto Luongo here, an elite goalie, not some 20-something goalie like Niemi or Crawford.

10-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Yeah you're not going to get Luongo for that. There are other teams involved in the Luongo trade negotiations as has been reported by the media.

And the Canucks don't have cap problems, we can keep Luongo and Schneider.
not this year, the problem is next year I think (after the transition period). Dont really know much about the nucks but if I remember correctly you guys have 13 players signed next year with only 3 mil of wiggle room?

But yea, Bozak/Connolly +Colborne+Percy/Blacker would be my offer. Tbh I dont think florida would offer more. Theodore has been good for them plus they have markstrom coming up

Old
10-18-2012, 11:30 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
not this year, the problem is next year I think (after the transition period). Dont really know much about the nucks but if I remember correctly you guys have 13 players signed next year with only 3 mil of wiggle room?

But yea, Bozak/Connolly +Colborne+Percy/Blacker would be my offer. Tbh I dont think florida would offer more. Theodore has been good for them plus they have markstrom coming up
So then we deal Luongo to Edmonton.

And there are other ways for us to get below the cap that is non-existant because the NHLPA rejected that NHL proposal.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
counter point: The year the nucks made it to the final they were nearly knocked out in the first round when Luongo's goaltending let them down for part of the series and was bailed out by the fwd tillhe found his game in game 7 of the series. As stated Luongo and the nucks got knocked out in the first round this year, nearly got knocked out in the first round the year they went to the cup and were knocked out in Conference Semifinals the previous two years to that. For me a case for being average in the playoffs could be made
Did you watch that series? You make it seem like Luongo was the only reason we lost those games. If you or anyone else here were to go back and watch those games you refer to, you'll see that was hardly the case. Bailed OUT by the forwards? Are you sure we are thinking of the same series? If you are, I hate to throw out such strong terms but 'revisionist history' comes to my mind.

And we almost lost in the first round(s)? With all due respect, would you kindly remind what happens when you almost lose?

Luongo being average in the post-season is more a reflection of a team performing average. You know, for celebrating yourself for being anti-Canucks you sure are letting them off the hook here by quite some. That's an understatement.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:31 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
You want stats? Okay.

Tim Thomas gave up FIVE or more goals FOUR times in the ECF, yet he won the Conn Smythe. Had his offense not bailed him out in just one game like the Canucks offense couldn't do for Luongo, Boston doesn't even make it to the SCF. Do you consider giving up five goals four times in a series standing on his head time and time and time again?

Did Antti Niemi stand on his head time and time and time again in Chicago's cup run?

The Canucks also were a very bad team in 2006-07, and Luongo singlehandedly took us to a division championship, and took us into the second round of the playoffs.
thomas stole a lot of game in their drive

are we talking about Thomas or Luongo

question about one of your statements

When Luongo lets is a few goals he gets the credit, when the defence in front of him 5 out of the 6 are injured and he get lit up it is not his fault.
Could those low scoring games be because he has one the better d-s in front of him and the game gets lit up he has a d say like the Maple leafs in front of him?

Old
10-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Fair enough, but I don't think Luongo returns that package alone, just trying to be balanced here.
Luongo for Kulemin + 1st cond. on playoffs + Colborne/Ashton sounds better to me. If we add Raymond then the prospect becomes Kadri.

Basically a decent 2nd liner, mid-late 1st, and a decent-to-good prospect.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:33 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
thomas stole a lot of game in their drive

are we talking about Thomas or Luongo

question about one of your statements

When Luongo lets is a few goals he gets the credit, when the defence in front of him 5 out of the 6 are injured and he get lit up it is not his fault.
Could those low scoring games be because he has one the better d-s in front of him and the game gets lit up he has a d say like the Maple leafs in front of him?
Luongo stole a lot of games in our drive too.

Put any goalie in the league behind a defense that is missing it's top defenseman, has another defenseman suspended, and has their number 2, 3, and 4 defensemen all playing with bad injuries, and tell me how well they'll perform. Hell even Henrik Lundqvist gets excused by fans when he gets blown out behind this crap.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:34 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Luongo for Kulemin + 1st cond. on playoffs + Colborne/Ashton sounds better to me. If we add Raymond then the prospect becomes Kadri.

Basically a decent 2nd liner, mid-late 1st, and a decent-to-good prospect.
I honestly don't see how that package addresses ANY of our needs.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
So then we deal Luongo to Edmonton.

And there are other ways for us to get below the cap that is non-existant because the NHLPA rejected that NHL proposal.
I imagine the players will get about 2 more percent when this process is over (that was my initial prediction, a 52/48 split) but I highly doubt the cap would increase by much. Maybe add a million or two. Still will be difficult to manouvre around imo.

I was unaware of the edmonton rumor. Is there a legit source to this? If thats the case, then they might be willing to up the ante.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
what are your needs?

Old
10-18-2012, 11:37 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
I imagine the players will get about 2 more percent when this process is over (that was my initial prediction, a 52/48 split) but I highly doubt the cap would increase by much. Maybe add a million or two. Still will be difficult to manouvre around imo.

I was unaware of the edmonton rumor. Is there a legit source to this? If thats the case, then they might be willing to up the ante.
Jason Botchford reported that in the week leading up to the lockout, Edmonton entered the bidding with a strong offer that drove up the price for teams like Toronto.

It isn't a situation where there's only one bidder, there appears to be interest elsewhere.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Kulemin = size and secondary scoring, 1st = a better chance at landing a blue chip prospect in a deep draft. THe prospects fit various needs to various degrees, Ashton projects to be a sandpaper third liner, Colborne a boom-bust potential top-6 centre, and Kadri a highly skilled playmaker. Not to mention a lot of these could be flipped for Perry/whoever at the deadline.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:38 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
what are your needs?
Top 6 forward upgrade, preferably a RWer (right hand shot) with size and some playmaking ability. Player needs to be a clear upgrade on Chris Higgins, Jannik Hansen and Mason Raymond.

Top line potential forward prospects.

Mobile puck moving right side defenseman.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
what are your needs?
Legit top-6 winger, great third line C, high potential prospects/1st round picks.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kulemin = size and secondary scoring, 1st = a better chance at landing a blue chip prospect in a deep draft. THe prospects fit various needs to various degrees, Ashton projects to be a sandpaper third liner, Colborne a boom-bust potential top-6 centre, and Kadri a highly skilled playmaker. Not to mention a lot of these could be flipped for Perry/whoever at the deadline.
Kulemin's secondary scoring was worse than Mason Raymond last year. I don't understand how that is an upgrade in our lineup.

The 1st round pick would be nice, but if it's a conditional 1st round then how is it going to land us a blue chip prospect?

How can a lot of these be flipped for Perry? I don't think Anaheim would be as eager to move their star players for spare parts as we seemingly are.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Quote:
I think there is a lot of confusion over what our needs are. Probably worthy of it's own thread. I'd like to see Biggs thrown into the returns.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:45 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Luongo stole a lot of games in our drive too.

Put any goalie in the league behind a defense that is missing it's top defenseman, has another defenseman suspended, and has their number 2, 3, and 4 defensemen all playing with bad injuries, and tell me how well they'll perform. Hell even Henrik Lundqvist gets excused by fans when he gets blown out behind this crap.
you trying to have it both ways. You are not given the D enough credit when he wins by one goal, but it is not his fault when they are out.

The canucks have a good team and in my opinion if Luongo had brought his a game more--that bruins series does not go 7

btw go here if you do not want opposition opinion

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1272573

Old
10-18-2012, 11:45 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
I think there is a lot of confusion over what our needs are. Probably worthy of it's own thread.
on the canuck board that is what the discussion should be about

Old
10-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Kulemin's secondary scoring was worse than Mason Raymond last year. I don't understand how that is an upgrade in our lineup.

The 1st round pick would be nice, but if it's a conditional 1st round then how is it going to land us a blue chip prospect?

How can a lot of these be flipped for Perry? I don't think Anaheim would be as eager to move their star players for spare parts as we seemingly are.
At the deadline, a 1st with Colborne, Ashton, etc all makes a pretty decent package for a rebuilding team.

And any team that gets Luongo I expect to make the playoffs, so I don't see it as giving much up. But look at this past draft when you have guys like Teravainen falling to Chicago. Next years draft will be better, and I would not at all be surprised if other players drop as well.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:46 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Jason Botchford reported that in the week leading up to the lockout, Edmonton entered the bidding with a strong offer that drove up the price for teams like Toronto.

It isn't a situation where there's only one bidder, there appears to be interest elsewhere.
Edmonton just gave Dubnyk a new contract and a clear opportunity to make the starting job his own. I would suggest that report is erroneous at best. Here in Edmonton that report has not been taken seriously.
It's likely that TO currently represents the best chance to do a deal. Of course Vancouver could always keep Luongo for now, imo could be the best option.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:48 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Edmonton just gave Dubnyk a new contract and a clear opportunity to make the starting job his own. I would suggest that report is erroneous at best. Here in Edmonton that report has not been taken seriously.
It's likely that TO currently represents the best chance to do a deal. Of course Vancouver could always keep Luongo for now, imo could be the best option.
I think that was an attempt by Gillis to raise the price

Old
10-18-2012, 11:49 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Bingo! We have a winner.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:50 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Fair enough. I would really be intrigued about what Edmonton could offer (would hope for something involving MPS and Gagner), but who knows what kind of offer Edmonton may have made. Stranger things have happened though.

I agree, keeping Luongo probably looks like the best option based on the packages being discussed by fans. Although looking back at the Tim Thomas trade threads from the summer of 2010, I would say the fans probably don't have the best handle in terms of what a players value is.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:50 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Source? Nothing I have seen from Mike Gillis suggests he negotiates through the media like that.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Scurr

Quote:
if Luongo had brought his a game more
If he stood on his head one more time we might have won, yes. Do you really blame a guy for losing a goaltending duel with Tim Thomas during one of the best seasons a goalie has ever played? The guy let in 2 goals in our three wins, the way Thomas was playing we needed another shutout to win with the team we had by that point.

Closed Thread