HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Purpose Luongo Trade Discussion (New news) MOD WARNING IN OP

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 05:52 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I blame the Toronto media. They've brainwashed people into thinking Luongo has negative value and will go to Toronto for almost nothing. It's when the Oilers fans were far more reasonable as a whole that it put things in petspective for me.
LOL, This morning Damian Cox of that "Toronto Media" is saying the asking price for Luongo is Gardiner Frattin a first rounder and Tyler Bozak. So where are you getting this information.

No one in the Toronto media is saying this. It's Leaf fans looking at the contract and giving their opinions.

The Toronto media brainwashes people into thinking Leaf players are worthess (see Bryan Mccabe), not the other way around.

Old
10-19-2012, 05:53 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
According to Damien Cox at the draft the Canucks asked for Tyler Bozak, Jake Gardiner, a first-round pick and Matt Frattin in return for Luongo.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...st-not-yet-cox
Damn Toronto media! reporting nothing but how worthless Luongo is!

Old
10-19-2012, 05:58 PM
vanwest

Quote:
According to Damien Cox at the draft the Canucks asked for Tyler Bozak, Jake Gardiner, a first-round pick and Matt Frattin in return for Luongo.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...st-not-yet-cox
The same Damien Cox who said that the Canucks would have to give Luongo away as a salary dump?

Old
10-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Damien Cox is a hack... how is this even a question?

I take everything he says (usually anti canuck) in this matter with a grain of salt & probably a shot of tequila so I can get through it

Old
10-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
LOL, This morning Damian Cox of that "Toronto Media" is saying the asking price for Luongo is Gardiner Frattin a first rounder and Tyler Bozak. So where are you getting this information.

No one in the Toronto media is saying this. It's Leaf fans looking at the contract and giving their opinions.

The Toronto media brainwashes people into thinking Leaf players are worthess (see Bryan Mccabe), not the other way around.
Yes, but now all of a sudden a deal is being centred around Bozak...

Old
10-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

To Tor- Luongo, Raymond
To Van- Bozak, Kulemin, Kadri

Toronto improves significantly - The Canucks bolster their top 9.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:05 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
Why have him on your team taking up space for 4 to 5 years ,when you have a serviceable goalie in Theodore with Markstrom in the wings?

Panthers are just a frugal team.
This has nothing to do with the cap coming down. I think, if anything, the proposed cap changes in the NHL's lastest CBA offer would help Luongo's value to Florida, not hurt it. They were never going to be spending to the $70 million dollar cap before anyways - with or without Lu on the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post

Dreger has been playing down Luongo's value since the offseason started. I just assumed he was acting alone, and on behalf of TML front office, as he usually is. Do you not remember his initial reports when he claimed any deal for Luongo to Toronto would likely have Komisarek coming back to Van?

Last edited by StringerBell: 10-19-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old
10-19-2012, 06:07 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
The same Damien Cox who said that the Canucks would have to give Luongo away as a salary dump?
I'm just posting what he heard from his sources. If you want to believe it or not that's your decision.

As for him saying the Canucks would give Luongo away as a salary dump how is that any different then what Maple Leafs fans have posted in what they would trade him for? Cox obviously looked at his deal and thought any trade shouldn't involve giving up a lot to get him.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:07 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Luongo would solve problems for Toronto. What problems can Toronto solve for Vancouver?
Or Luongo?

If Luongo is hellbent on staying in Canada (cannot imagine why!) Ottawa seems like a better trade partner. Edmonton is, too, on paper. Calgary can even offer useful guys.

The "Mystery Team" the hacks mention is very likely an American team in contention for the cup, not just a Canadian address without playoff pretensions. Add up to %15 tax bonus (FL has no state income tax!) and it is very difficult to see any advantage to a Canadian team.

Let things develop. There is plenty of time before puch comes to shove. Aside from a complete absence of hockey this season there is no logjam in Vancouver's nets. Lack is a prospect, Schnieder has only played sixty NHL games. These are not the sort of guys who displace a signed-for-life top ten in the world starter.

When (if?) hockey resumes play Philadelphia may need a goalie. Boston might, too. Washington might be trying to recover some value for a soured superstar. Some guys might stay in Russia. A lot can happen before there is any pressure at all to trade Luongo.

The only pressure at this time, is to find things to talk about on camera.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
sniper81

If Burke gave that package away for Luongo....... I would be..... so very ... confused

Old
10-19-2012, 06:14 PM
vanwest

Quote:
I'm just posting what he heard from his sources. If you want to believe it or not that's your decision.

As for him saying the Canucks would give Luongo away as a salary dump how is that any different then what Maple Leafs fans have posted in what they would trade him for? Cox obviously looked at his deal and thought any trade shouldn't involve giving up a lot to get him.
He's pushing a Toronto agenda just like we have Vancouver writers pushing a Canucks one.
Many reaonable Leaf fans have posted fair deals that do involve value going to Vancouver. A few fans on both sides have come up with extreme deals on both sides. Pretty much the norm for HF.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:16 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
If Burke gave that package away for Luongo....... I would be..... so very ... confused
Yeah, if Burke caved into initial demands in a negotiation I would be shocked too. Back in April/May when Tampa was rumoured to be the front-runner to land Luongo, Doug Maclean said if Gillis wanted to get a good deal he would have to ask for Hedman+ initially and work his way down from there. Gillis was just doing the same thing with Toronto, and the NHL did the same thing with the players. It's how negotiations work.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:37 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Starting high is one thing, but he might as well have kicked Burked right square in the nuts!!
Who is to say he didn't try? They were seenwalking into the tunnel together...

With the latest rumors, I see something like this

Bozak, Frattin and a 1st. It's a close as I can see to meeting some of our needs, and the best value. We get a roster player prospect, and a 1st.

I like Kulemen, but just don't see where he fits on our team. I can't see him replacing enough of Booth, Hansen, Higgins, Raymond, Kassian, to be on the second line and is he nough of an upgrade on the third line to pull the trigger?

Did anyone else find it funny that an Oilers fan was easier to deal with than some leaf fans? Don't get me wrong, there are some great leaf fans to debate with, but many are so off and uniformed. I don't mind a diferent opinion, but atleast have facts right.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post

Bozak, Frattin and a 1st. It's a close as I can see to meeting some of our needs, and the best value. We get a roster player prospect, and a 1st.

Did anyone else find it funny that an Oilers fan was easier to deal with than some leaf fans? Don't get me wrong, there are some great leaf fans to debate with, but many are so off and uniformed. I don't mind a diferent opinion, but atleast have facts right.
I'm going to be honest, there are some pretty ridiculous fans from every team involved here.

I don't dislike the proposal!

Old
10-19-2012, 07:57 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post

I like Kulemen, but just don't see where he fits on our team. I can't see him replacing enough of Booth, Hansen, Higgins, Raymond, Kassian, to be on the second line and is he nough of an upgrade on the third line to pull the trigger?

it is a sad sad day on HFboards when that happens.

The problem is in this case you have two sides who want to win the deal by a TKO and it will be in the middle where it will be settled

Old
10-19-2012, 07:59 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
He's pushing a Toronto agenda just like we have Vancouver writers pushing a Canucks one.
Many reaonable Leaf fans have posted fair deals that do involve value going to Vancouver. A few fans on both sides have come up with extreme deals on both sides. Pretty much the norm for HF.
When Cox was reporting the players/picks Gillis asked Burke for at the draft, isn't that considered him writting about the Canucks agenda even though he writes for the Toronto Star. I mean why didn't he report on the possible players, prospects or picks the Maple Leafs would have offered if he was pushing a Toronto agenda.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:04 PM
LickTheEnvelope
Decertified Poster

From the Cox article it sounds like Bozak + Kadri or Frattin + 1st Round pick for Luongo. (Although it is cox...)

Old
10-19-2012, 08:08 PM
sully1410

I thought TSN just reported that Toronto wasn't and isn't in the mix.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I think Gillis just said the rumour that a deal with Toronto is complete, or near completion, isn't true. Which doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:17 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Link?

Not holding my breath for one that's for sure lol

Old
10-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
All luongo has to do is block all trades except to Florida and gillis has no choice. Luongo has to be off the roster by next season. I don't think he will do it, but if he is set on Florida he can force gillis's hand

Incorrect. If it ever got to the point that Gillis and Lu were working against each other and not with each other, then Lu is in for a world of hurt.

If Lu decided to block all trades to anyone but FLA, Gillis waives him to CBJ and receives compensation via a handshake deal made prior to, or afterwards. It would be ugly. But Lu does not hold the hammer, Gillis does.

This doesn't even get into the fact that Gillis has to OK a deal _before_ he brings it to Lu. Asking him then to waive his NTC. If Gillis brings no deal to Lu, what is Lu going to do?... Answer: Nothing. It behooves Luongo to work with Gillis and not against him.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
When Cox was reporting the players/picks Gillis asked Burke for at the draft, isn't that considered him writting about the Canucks agenda even though he writes for the Toronto Star. I mean why didn't he report on the possible players, prospects or picks the Maple Leafs would have offered if he was pushing a Toronto agenda.

Didn't Cox trash that package immediately after reporting it? That would constitute a TO bias IMO.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:44 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Incorrect. If it ever got to the point that Gillis and Lu were working against each other and not with each other, then Lu is in for a world of hurt.

If Lu decided to block all trades to anyone but FLA, Gillis waives him to CBJ and receives compensation via a handshake deal made prior to, or afterwards. It would be ugly. But Lu does not hold the hammer, Gillis does.

This doesn't even get into the fact that Gillis has to OK a deal _before_ he brings it to Lu. Asking him then to waive his NTC. If Gillis brings no deal to Lu, what is Lu going to do?... Answer: Nothing. It behooves Luongo to work with Gillis and not against him.
the nhl would step in and slap their wrists

Old
10-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
the nhl would step in and slap their wrists
They did nothing of the sort when the Jackets "loaned" Geoff Sanderson to the Canucks at the deadline in 2004.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:01 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
They did nothing of the sort when the Jackets "loaned" Geoff Sanderson to the Canucks at the deadline in 2004.
Sanderson for a 3rd was an overpayment by the canucks. Sanderson was on the last year of his contract. There was the lock out where he went to europe and then came back and signed with the BJS

Closed Thread