HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Markov staying in the KHL?

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2012, 10:23 PM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
Uhhh it definitely sounded like you were implying a full on tank-fest..
A full on tank fest? No we just don't have the team to make the playoffs and even if we make them we'll be in the 8th or 7th position and won't even make it past the first round. I didn't say lose games on purpose just to get the first pick and draft Mackinnon no player would ever do that they just have too much pride but I would love to see us finish in the bottom five for the next two or three years.

Old
10-18-2012, 11:03 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegab1223 View Post
A full on tank fest? No we just don't have the team to make the playoffs and even if we make them we'll be in the 8th or 7th position and won't even make it past the first round. I didn't say lose games on purpose just to get the first pick and draft Mackinnon no player would ever do that they just have too much pride but I would love to see us finish in the bottom five for the next two or three years.
Did we forget about the LA Kings already? Or even the Canadiens 2 years ago? Damn our fans have really short-term memory.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Hugo Sham

Markov WILL be back
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...316/story.html

comments taken out of context

Old
10-19-2012, 01:03 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
34 years old and only 20 games the past two seasons. Me thinks that once he returns he won't be as impactful as people like to believe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Agreed. He's not going to just step right back in and tear it up again. That's not easy for any player to do.
Oh look two people who didn't watch Markov when he got back last season. Gotta love the sheer ignorance.

He was actually quite great when he got back, rust was obvious but hardly a "bad contract".

Old
10-19-2012, 07:04 AM
jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Did we forget about the LA Kings already? Or even the Canadiens 2 years ago? Damn our fans have really short-term memory.
The Kings had a much better team than we do right now...you can't even compare our team to theirs. They have so much firepower up front compared to us and they are bigger/ more physical. But it's okay I know alot of you fans don't want to rebuild because we're in Montreal so have fun watching a team that barely makes the playoffs every year and has terrible playoff runs. Instead we could just get key players from the draft and finish in the top 5 of the NHL standings every year, but no Montreal could never do that.

Old
10-19-2012, 12:32 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Markov WILL be back
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...316/story.html

comments taken out of context
And with this, I'd say that it's safe to close this thread.

Closed Thread