HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Early Oscar buzz: ar...go....name some contenders

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 03:46 PM
  #426
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,133
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
^^^ I'm surprised you consider Cooper a surprise, he seemed to have a nomination locked up as soon as the movie came out. Anyway another poster called it the "who's going to lose to DDL" race and that's pretty accurate, but good for him to get nominated.

I'm also a little surprised at how many people think DiCaprio might have deserved a nomination. I thought he was fine, but nothing particularly Oscar worthy.

And I agree with you 100% on Weaver. I barely even remember her performance. But, okay.

I'm seeing ZDT this weekend so I'll make my votes after that.
Well I thought he'd be a lock too. But the fact that this year had a strong pool and he was a bit overshadowed by Lawrence gave me some doubts.

I thought Leo was the standout of the movie. Especially when you consider how much he despises the character he chose to play.

They could've put Jimmy Hoffa in as the 5th nominee and it wouldn't matter. It's Hathaway's Oscar without question. I can't even say it's hers to lose because she's not going to.

And as for ZDT, I definitely feel it gets more credit than it deserves but that's just me.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:13 AM
  #427
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,896
vCash: 500
Awards:
Only a few days away now...

It looks to me like Argo is set to buck the trend and take BP without a Directing nom. I think its only competition is Lincoln, but Spielberg will probably win for that.

I'm hoping to get to watch a couple of the Best Foreign noms, A Royal Affair and War Witch, on Saturday.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:16 PM
  #428
Pattysaurus
Registered User
 
Pattysaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Any predictions?

The main awards other than director and supporting actor seem pretty set.

Here's what I'm going with:

Best Movie: Argo
Best Director: Benh Zeitlin, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence (could see a surprise here, though)
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:32 PM
  #429
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,569
vCash: 4601
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Only a few days away now...

It looks to me like Argo is set to buck the trend and take BP without a Directing nom. I think its only competition is Lincoln, but Spielberg will probably win for that.

I'm hoping to get to watch a couple of the Best Foreign noms, A Royal Affair and War Witch, on Saturday.
I'm really curious about what you will make of A Royal Affair and it's old school approach to historical drama. Maybe not a good fit for you, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattysaurus View Post
Any predictions?

The main awards other than director and supporting actor seem pretty set.

Here's what I'm going with:

Best Movie: Argo
Best Director: Benh Zeitlin, Beasts of the Southern Wild
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence (could see a surprise here, though)
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway
Looks good, except for Zeitlin, who I believe has no chance to win. Most likely it's going to be Spielberg with Lee the long shot. Love to see Haneke get it, but not a chance in hell of that either.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:34 PM
  #430
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Only a few days away now...

It looks to me like Argo is set to buck the trend and take BP without a Directing nom. I think its only competition is Lincoln, but Spielberg will probably win for that.

I'm hoping to get to watch a couple of the Best Foreign noms, A Royal Affair and War Witch, on Saturday.
War Witch is the English title for Rebelle, right? Any idea where those two films are playing in Montreal?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:34 PM
  #431
Pattysaurus
Registered User
 
Pattysaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Looks good, except for Zeitlin, who I believe has no chance to win. Most likely it's going to be Spielberg with Lee the long shot. Love to see Haneke get it, but not a chance in hell of that either.
Yeah, it's tough to call that one. Went with Zeitlin because the trend in recent years for best director has been first time nominees and I think they may reward him for getting good performances out of actors who had not previously acted.

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:51 PM
  #432
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,896
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
War Witch is the English title for Rebelle, right? Any idea where those two films are playing in Montreal?
Yessir.

A Royal Affair should be playing at the (ex-)AMC now.

War Witch (Rebelle) had blink-and-you-missed-it runs at Cinema du Parc and Excentris but I don't believe it ever played with English subtitles. It might have for one night at PHI Centre, I don't remember.

Anyway I used alternate means to acquire both...

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:56 PM
  #433
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yessir.

A Royal Affair should be playing at the (ex-)AMC now.

War Witch (Rebelle) had blink-and-you-missed-it runs at Cinema du Parc and Excentris but I don't believe it ever played with English subtitles. It might have for one night at PHI Centre, I don't remember.

Anyway I used alternate means to acquire both...
Ahem, mind sending me a PM with that info?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:47 PM
  #434
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,569
vCash: 4601
^^^^^
A Royal Affair is made for a big screen. Not sure how one goes about acquiring that by alternate means, though.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:34 AM
  #435
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 42,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
ďThis is a preferential system. Iím putting Amour at No. 9 because Iím just pissed off at that film. Beasts of the Southern Wild is a movie that I just didnít understand, so thatís my No. 8. Les Miserables goes in seventh place -- itís not just the most disappointing film of the year but the most disappointing film in many years. Above that Iím putting Silver Linings Playbook, which is just a ďblahĒ film. Django Unchained will go into my fifth slot -- itís a fun movie, but itís basically just Quentin Tarantino masturbating for almost three hours. Next up is Life of Pi because of how unique it is and for holding my attention up until its irritating ending. Argo is gonna go in third place, but I donít want it to win because I donít think it deserves to win and am annoyed that it is on track to win for the wrong reasons. Actually, come to think of it, do we have to put a film in every slot? Because what I want is for my best picture choice to have the best possible shot, so why even give any support to the others? [He has his assistant call the Oscar voting helpline, finds out that voters can leave slots blank and promptly removes all of the aforementioned selections.] Iím basically OK with one of two films winning. Lincoln is going in my second slot; itís a bore, but itís Spielberg, itís well-meaning, and itís important. Zero Dark Thirty is my No 1.Ē
This is a pretty hilarious read. One director gives insight into his voting for the Oscars.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rac...-ballot-422546

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:31 AM
  #436
Pattysaurus
Registered User
 
Pattysaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Wow.

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:22 AM
  #437
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,896
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
This is a pretty hilarious read. One director gives insight into his voting for the Oscars.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rac...-ballot-422546
Interesting, thanks for sharing! And kind of disturbing, too. We like to think that the Oscar voters are serious, sober types who don't hold grudges and have seen all the nominess and rank each one on their individual merit...clearly it ain't so!

Anyway he voted for Phoenix, Riva and ZDT so I'm all right with this guy.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:39 AM
  #438
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,896
vCash: 500
Awards:
And I turned in my ballot at the office today so I might as well reproduce it here in case I get 100% right and want to gloat later. 'Picked' is what I think will win, 'my choice' is what I want to win/would vote for myself.

Best Picture
Picked: Argo
My choice: Amour

Best Director
Picked: Steven Spielberg
My choice: Ang Lee

Best Actor
Picked: Daniel Day-Lewis
My choice: Joaquin Phoenix

Best Actress
Picked: Jennifer Lawrence
My choice: Emannuelle Riva

Best Supporting Actor
Picked: Christoph Waltz
My choice: Philip Seymour Hoffman

Best Supporting Actress
Picked: Anne Hathaway
My choice: Anne Hathaway

Best Animated Feature Film
Picked: Brave

Best Foreign Film
Picked: Amour
My choice: Amour

Best Original Screenplay
Picked: Django Unchained
My choice: Zero Dark Thirty

Best Adapted Screenplay
Picked: Life of Pi
My choice: Life of Pi

Best Costume Design
Picked: Anna Karenina

Best Original Song
Picked: Skyfall
My choice: Skyfall

Best Original Score
Picked: Life of Pi
My choice: Life of Pi

Best Documentary
Picked: Searching for Sugar Man

Best Documentary Short
Picked: Inocente

Best Makeup & Hairstyling
Picked: The Hobbit

Best Production Design
Picked: Lincoln

Best Film Editing
Picked: Zero Dark Thirty
My choice: Zero Dark Thirty

Best Cinematography
Picked: Life of Pi
My choice: Life of Pi

Best Sound Editing
Picked: Zero Dark Thirty
My choice: Zero Dark Thirty

Best Sound Mixing
Picked: Les Miserables

Best Visual Effects
Picked: Life of Pi
My choice: Life of Pi

Best Short Film (Animated)
Picked: Head Over Heels

Best Short Film (Live Action)
Picked: Buzkashi Boys

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:27 PM
  #439
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,569
vCash: 4601
Here's my final tweek before tomorrow:

Best Picture

Argo

Best Director

Steven Spielberg

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis

Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence

Best Supporting Actor
Tommy Lee Jones

Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway

Best Animated Feature Film

Brave

Best Foreign Film

Amour

Best Original Screenplay

Zero Dark Thirty

Best Adapted Screenplay

Argo

Best Costume Design
Anna Karenina

Best Original Song
Skyfall

Best Original Score
Life of Pi

Best Documentary
Searching for Sugar Man

Best Documentary Short
Open Heart

Best Makeup & Hairstyling

The Hobbit

Best Production Design
Anna Karenina

Best Film Editing

Argo

Best Cinematography
Life of Pi

Best Sound Editing
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Sound Mixing
Les Miserables

Best Visual Effects
Life of Pi

Best Short Film (Animated)
Paperman

Best Short Film (Live Action)
Curfew

I think I changed my mind as to the best picture winner four times over the course of the AA season. Fun year in that respect; fairly predictable in others.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 02:56 PM
  #440
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
And I turned in my ballot at the office today so I might as well reproduce it here in case I get 100% right and want to gloat later. 'Picked' is what I think will win, 'my choice' is what I want to win/would vote for myself.

Best Picture
Picked: Argo
My choice: Amour

Best Director
Picked: Steven Spielberg
My choice: Ang Lee

Best Actor
Picked: Daniel Day-Lewis
My choice: Joaquin Phoenix

Best Actress
Picked: Jennifer Lawrence
My choice: Emannuelle Riva

Best Supporting Actor
Picked: Christoph Waltz
My choice: Philip Seymour Hoffman

Best Supporting Actress
Picked: Anne Hathaway
My choice: Anne Hathaway

Best Animated Feature Film
Picked: Brave

Best Foreign Film
Picked: Amour
My choice: Amour

Best Original Screenplay
Picked: Django Unchained
My choice: Zero Dark Thirty

Best Adapted Screenplay
Picked: Life of Pi
My choice: Life of Pi

Best Costume Design
Picked: Anna Karenina

Best Original Song
Picked: Skyfall
My choice: Skyfall

Best Original Score
Picked: Life of Pi
My choice: Life of Pi

Best Documentary
Picked: Searching for Sugar Man

Best Documentary Short
Picked: Inocente

Best Makeup & Hairstyling
Picked: The Hobbit

Best Production Design
Picked: Lincoln

Best Film Editing
Picked: Zero Dark Thirty
My choice: Zero Dark Thirty

Best Cinematography
Picked: Life of Pi
My choice: Life of Pi

Best Sound Editing
Picked: Zero Dark Thirty
My choice: Zero Dark Thirty

Best Sound Mixing
Picked: Les Miserables

Best Visual Effects
Picked: Life of Pi
My choice: Life of Pi

Best Short Film (Animated)
Picked: Head Over Heels

Best Short Film (Live Action)
Picked: Buzkashi Boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Here's my final tweek before tomorrow:

Best Picture

Argo

Best Director

Steven Spielberg

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis

Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence

Best Supporting Actor
Tommy Lee Jones

Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway

Best Animated Feature Film

Brave

Best Foreign Film

Amour

Best Original Screenplay

Zero Dark Thirty

Best Adapted Screenplay

Argo

Best Costume Design
Anna Karenina

Best Original Song
Skyfall

Best Original Score
Life of Pi

Best Documentary
Searching for Sugar Man

Best Documentary Short
Open Heart

Best Makeup & Hairstyling

The Hobbit

Best Production Design
Anna Karenina

Best Film Editing

Argo

Best Cinematography
Life of Pi

Best Sound Editing
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Sound Mixing
Les Miserables

Best Visual Effects
Life of Pi

Best Short Film (Animated)
Paperman

Best Short Film (Live Action)
Curfew

I think I changed my mind as to the best picture winner four times over the course of the AA season. Fun year in that respect; fairly predictable in others.

Was waiting for you two. I really though Chastain would take this but her buzz fell off after the new year. I think the torture stuff killed her chances. I wish Bradley was giving more credit for SLP, he was really good in it. It really sucks Affleck will get not his best director, he needs it to prove that he's not just matt damons best friend.


I guess Leo Dicaprio will never win.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:05 PM
  #441
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Here's my final tweek before tomorrow:
I'll jump in on this


Best Picture

Argo

Best Director

David O. Russell

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis

Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence

Best Supporting Actor
Christoph Waltz

Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway

Best Animated Feature Film

Brave

Best Foreign Film

Amour

Best Original Screenplay

Django Unchained

Best Adapted Screenplay

Argo

Best Costume Design
Anna Karenina

Best Original Song
Skyfall

Best Original Score
Life of Pi


Best Makeup & Hairstyling

Les Miserables

Best Production Design
Anna Karenina

Best Film Editing

Argo

Best Cinematography
Life of Pi

Best Sound Editing
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Sound Mixing
Les Miserables

Best Visual Effects
Life of Pi

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:18 PM
  #442
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,133
vCash: 69
Best Picture
Argo

Best Director
Steven Spielberg

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis

Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence

Best Supporting Actor
Christoph Waltz

Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway

Best Animated Feature Film
Brave

Best Foreign Film
Amour

Best Original Screenplay
Django Unchained

Best Adapted Screenplay
Argo

Best Costume Design
The Hobbit

Best Original Song
Skyfall

Best Original Score
Les Mis

Best Makeup & Hairstyling
The Hobbit

Best Production Design
Anna Karenina

Best Film Editing
Argo

Best Cinematography
Skyfall

Best Sound Editing
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Sound Mixing
Les Miserables

Best Visual Effects
Life of Pi

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:23 PM
  #443
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Best Picture
Argo

Best Director
Steven Spielberg

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis

Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence

Best Supporting Actor
Christoph Waltz

Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway

Best Animated Feature Film
Brave

Best Foreign Film
Amour

Best Original Screenplay
Django Unchained

Best Adapted Screenplay
Argo

Best Costume Design
The Hobbit

Best Original Song
Skyfall

Best Original Score
Les Mis

Best Makeup & Hairstyling
The Hobbit

Best Production Design
Anna Karenina

Best Film Editing
Argo

Best Cinematography
Skyfall

Best Sound Editing
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Sound Mixing
Les Miserables

Best Visual Effects
Life of Pi
A fellow Jennifer Lawrence stan

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:26 PM
  #444
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,133
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
A fellow Jennifer Lawrence stan
I thought it was her's to lose the minute I got out of the theater after seeing SLP. Chastain was pretty awesome as well, but to me she did spend a lot of the movie with her trademark "worried" face and that to me does not translate into good acting. When she actually spoke, she was terrific, but Lawrence was good throughout. I won't be surprised if Chastain wins, but my pick is Lawrence. Riva might win too but I doubt it.

Plus: a lot of controversy surrounded Zero Dark Thirty and it's a little more impressive that Lawrence is nominated again and she's only 22, but her character seemed so much older.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:38 PM
  #445
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I thought it was her's to lose the minute I got out of the theater after seeing SLP. Chastain was pretty awesome as well, but to me she did spend a lot of the movie with her trademark "worried" face and that to me does not translate into good acting. When she actually spoke, she was terrific, but Lawrence was good throughout. I won't be surprised if Chastain wins, but my pick is Lawrence. Riva might win too but I doubt it.

Plus: a lot of controversy surrounded Zero Dark Thirty and it's a little more impressive that Lawrence is nominated again and she's only 22, but her character seemed so much older.
I so agree. I feel that the rest of ZDT has hurt Jessica, because of the torture issue. Jennifer was jsut amazing. At first I for sure thought she was 30 or 31. Now way someone my age would be killing it like that versus the like of Robert De Niro.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:44 PM
  #446
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,133
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
I so agree. I feel that the rest of ZDT has hurt Jessica, because of the torture issue. Jennifer was jsut amazing. At first I for sure thought she was 30 or 31. Now way someone my age would be killing it like that versus the like of Robert De Niro.
I thought De Niro was incredible too. He won't win but I think in a different year it would be his. Same with Cooper. De Niro's part where he sat down with Bradley Cooper and was lamenting about how he didn't spend enough time with him, I thought was very moving. And I haven't seen better acting from Bradley Cooper in his entire career.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:47 PM
  #447
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,738
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who wasn't that terribly impressed with Christophe Waltz in Django Unchained? His performance was fine, but his character wasn't exactly fascinating. I think Tarantino underwrote that character knowing Waltz would more than make up for it.

Anyways, here are my choices:

Best Picture
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Director
Michael Haneke

Best Actor
Joaquin Phoenix

Best Actress
Emmanuelle Riva

Best Supporting Actor
Philip Seymour Hoffman

Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams

Best Animated Feature Film
Brave

Best Foreign Film
Amour

Best Original Screenplay
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Adapted Screenplay
Lincoln

Best Costume Design
Lincoln

Best Original Song

Skyfall

Best Original Score
Lincoln

Best Makeup & Hairstyling

The Hobbit

Best Production Design
The Hobbit

Best Film Editing
Zero Dark Thirty

Best Cinematography
Skyfall

Best Sound Editing

Skyfall

Best Sound Mixing
Skyfall

Best Visual Effects
The Avengers


Last edited by SB164: 02-23-2013 at 04:01 PM.
SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:50 PM
  #448
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,133
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Am I the only one who wasn't that terribly impressed with Christophe Waltz in Django Unchained? His performance was fine, but his character wasn't exactly fascinating. I think Tarantino underwrote that character knowing Waltz would more than make up for it.
Wouldn't that answer your question? If he could bring more to an underwritten character, then why not?

Maybe the academy will see it your way, who knows?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:53 PM
  #449
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I thought De Niro was incredible too. He won't win but I think in a different year it would be his. Same with Cooper. De Niro's part where he sat down with Bradley Cooper and was lamenting about how he didn't spend enough time with him, I thought was very moving. And I haven't seen better acting from Bradley Cooper in his entire career.
The academy didn't nominate Brad did they. He was amazing, I agree. Unlike the others in his group he takes acting seriously. I like the that. He sounds like he really got into the character. I love the fact we saw De Niro acting for once, not just playing a funny role or action role like he has done for a while not. That scene with cooper, I almost cried.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:55 PM
  #450
DuckJet
#KESBAE
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,133
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
The academy didn't nominate Brad did they. He was amazing, I agree. Unlike the others in his group he takes acting seriously. I like the that. He sounds like he really got into the character. I love the fact we saw De Niro acting for once, not just playing a funny role or action role like he has done for a while not. That scene with cooper, I almost cried.
Yeah he got the nomination. I've seen some people put him as second behind Daniel Day Lewis. And yeah I was relieved to see De Niro do a role like this.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.