HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

The Official Android Thread Part VIII: A slice of Key Lime Pie

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 11:33 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
I sell Verizon wireless products and contracts all day, so I handle phones so often. I haven't been happy with my s3 since day one. It feels so flimsy and cheap. Battery was ok compared to other Androids. But I would always hit the home or back buttons accidentally while holding it horizontally, could never watch a video. Love this maxx HD more than any phone on the market. It was this or the DNA. Glad I went this route.
yeah the Maxx HD is a beast

Old
01-01-2013, 02:09 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojacketsgo61 View Post
Just got my Sennheiser MM55i. Great sound quality but since their optimized for Apple products, the sound is obnoxiously loud on Android for some reason. On my iPod Touch, at the lowest volume setting it's good but on my HTC One V, the lowest volume setting sounds like near max volume for other earphones/headphones.

My question is, is there any app or program that I can download that will lower the volume of my music and stuff without messing up the sound quality too bad? I've tried fiddling around with Equalizers (Though I'm pretty bad) and whenever I get it quieter, I have worse sound quality.

Thanks.
Did you try turning off Beats on your phone?

Old
01-01-2013, 09:33 AM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Did you try turning off Beats on your phone?
Yeah it's a bit quieter and tolerable now. Also tried adding a bit of bass boost as it quiets it a bit as well without messing the overall sound quality up. Trying a few programs and seeing how it works.

Also, a bit off topic, but is the Beats mode just a volume boosted version of the music I'm listening too? Kinda sounds like it.

EDIT: Fixed it. Used an app called Fine Volume Control. I just needed a volume percentage controller thing.

Last edited by gojacketsgo61: 01-01-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old
01-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojacketsgo61 View Post
Yeah it's a bit quieter and tolerable now. Also tried adding a bit of bass boost as it quiets it a bit as well without messing the overall sound quality up. Trying a few programs and seeing how it works.

Also, a bit off topic, but is the Beats mode just a volume boosted version of the music I'm listening too? Kinda sounds like it.

EDIT: Fixed it. Used an app called Fine Volume Control. I just needed a volume percentage controller thing.
I'm not an audiophile but to me Beats seems like a bass booster. So I makes certain genres like hip hop sound better.

Old
01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
I'm not an audiophile but to me Beats seems like a bass booster. So I makes certain genres like hip hop sound better.
It's a glorified EQ.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
I sell Verizon wireless products and contracts all day, so I handle phones so often. I haven't been happy with my s3 since day one. It feels so flimsy and cheap. Battery was ok compared to other Androids. But I would always hit the home or back buttons accidentally while holding it horizontally, could never watch a video. Love this maxx HD more than any phone on the market. It was this or the DNA. Glad I went this route.
I'm torn on Motorola phones. They're built great and they have fantastic radios. The battery on the MAXX phones is unbeatable. But the camera and basically unhackable nature of their phones since the Droid 2/Droid X have completely turned me off from Motorola phones. I went from my previous Bionic to a Galaxy Nexus and I couldn't be happier. The camera is far more responsive on the GNex and having the latest version of Android is the only way to go for me. I give up a little bit in speed of GPS and some radio signal, but since I live in a major city, my LTE and CDMA connections are fine.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
It's a glorified EQ.
I wouldn't even go that far. At least an EQ can be tweeked.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
awesomo
HARD!

my nexus 4 is coming on the 7th booya

Old
01-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

Old
01-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
my nexus 4 is coming on the 7th booya
woot!

Old
01-02-2013, 01:45 AM
KISSland

Still sold out.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

vCash: 69
Is it normal to lose power if using the S3 while charging? Or is it normal to charge for an hour and only get like 10 percent?

Old
01-02-2013, 10:15 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Replace your charger

Old
01-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Try a different charge to isolate the problem.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

vCash: 69
The frustrating thing is its brand new. That and the car charger. Same story for both.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

HTC to unveil their 2013 flagship "M7" at CES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
The frustrating thing is its brand new. That and the car charger. Same story for both.
Could you give us a few more details about how you tried to isolate the problem?

Old
01-02-2013, 11:31 PM
KISSland

Can I buy the LG Optimus G and use it on Koodo's network?

Old
01-03-2013, 12:32 AM
KISSland

bump

Old
01-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
If you're not using official chargers and cables, you're possibly drawing a lot less current to charge your device. That, combined with the screen being on at high brightness, or apps being used, etc., will cause you to actually lose power overall.

The culprit is likely the cable/charger.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:42 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Can I buy the LG Optimus G and use it on Koodo's network?
Yes if it's unlocked.

Where's it from?

If it's a Bell one and you get it unlocked it should work on Koodo which is Telus owned.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:09 AM
optimus2861

Does anyone have any recommendations for an SMS app? Specifically I am looking for one with a "quiet time" feature like K9 Mail's, where I can set times that incoming messages will not cause sound or vibration notifications.

I got an SMS spam message at 5:30AM this morning and the chime woke me up (I have to keep my phone on overnight in case I get a work call)

(Aside: death is too good for spammers. I advocate solitary confinement in a sensory deprivation tank for 30+ years, which will surely drive them completely insane. )

Old
01-03-2013, 10:27 AM
DG

When is 4.2.2 coming... 4.2 has ruined the smoothness and battery life of my Nexus 7.

I'm very close to re-flashing 4.1.2.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Nexus 4 sales estimated at 375,000 by enthusiasts decoding serial numbers

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/3/383...-sales-at-370k

Quote:
One user discovered through an LG help page that lists the exact day of manufacture that his device was produced three days after being ordered, and then took a week to make it to Kentucky from Korea.
Quote:
With just 210,000 devices manufactured in its most productive month, and Google Play stores still listing the smartphone as sold out, it doesn't appear as though LG will be able to keep up with demand for the near future at least, unless it significantly ramps up production soon.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:07 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Perfect. haha.

Got a HTC One X (not +) about 2 weeks ago. Still learning my way around it after coming from a BB.

Any general tips that would help with the customization process? I have a bunch of apps already, know the basic customize options, I just find the stock music player to be lacking as well as the HTC sync program to be a memory hog, let alone clunky.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Perfect. haha.

Got a HTC One X (not +) about 2 weeks ago. Still learning my way around it after coming from a BB.

Any general tips that would help with the customization process? I have a bunch of apps already, know the basic customize options, I just find the stock music player to be lacking as well as the HTC sync program to be a memory hog, let alone clunky.
1. Don't use HTC Sync, that's garbage. Use AirDroid for managing stuff on your phone
2. Try out PowerAmp as a music player, (kinda) has gapless playback and (ironically) a really nice equalizer
3. Customization can be as simple as folders, lockscreen backgrounds, widgets and changing the shortcut on your bottom bar or as advanced as home replacements (like APEX, ADW ,etc)

Examples:

Closed Thread