HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NFL Season - Yes, they actually play games in this league!

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

vCash: 500
Glad to see Plax getting another shot.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Glad to see Plax getting another shot.
I see what you did there.

Old
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Bears who????? Woooot 49ers win!!!!!
....and that is all i have to say.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Old
11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Devils defense.

vCash: 685
Yeah Jennings is lucky he didn't get falcon punched for that. Crosby was in NO MOOD for that after missing his 2nd FG and the game hanging in the balance along with his contract after missing something like 7 of his last 12.

Funniest moment of morning was Jaromir Jagr trying to get @KenDaneykoMSG to say, "Ruutu to Tootoo, 2-on-1" quickly.
Old
11-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

its a shame, i miss the days (a few weeks ago) where a Crosby kick was a guarantee. *sigh* oh well, hopefully he regains his form

Old
11-20-2012, 05:55 PM
apice3*

kaepernick should start getting talked about potentially replacing smith because kaepernick is the type of qb who can do out and win games whereas smith is the type of qb who goes out there to not lose them. Theres a big difference.

Now dont get me wrong, a lot of teams are perfectly content with a guy who plays to not lose. The 2000 ravens are a perfect example. The recent 49ers have had success with it. But i think they take the next step by getting a qb who will rally the team in the final seconds and make that one perfect throw to win the game. Thats what made the steelers so great for a while. Roethlisberger was out there to manage games, dont **** anything up and our defense will get you a win. But when they needed that last second drive to win the superbowl, roethlisberger had that ability. Its something i dont think smith is good enough to do and i will never bet the 49ers to win a superbowl until hes gone.

Just look at every qb to win the superbowl the last 10 years. Every one of those guys was a top 10 qb when his team won the superbowl. Peyton, eli, roethlisberger, brees, brady, rodgers. Possibly missing a name in there. The only exceptions since 2000 are dilfer with the greatest defense of all time and brad johnson which was a complete anomaly.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
kaepernick should start getting talked about potentially replacing smith because kaepernick is the type of qb who can do out and win games whereas smith is the type of qb who goes out there to not lose them. Theres a big difference.

Now dont get me wrong, a lot of teams are perfectly content with a guy who plays to not lose. The 2000 ravens are a perfect example. The recent 49ers have had success with it. But i think they take the next step by getting a qb who will rally the team in the final seconds and make that one perfect throw to win the game. Thats what made the steelers so great for a while. Roethlisberger was out there to manage games, dont **** anything up and our defense will get you a win. But when they needed that last second drive to win the superbowl, roethlisberger had that ability. Its something i dont think smith is good enough to do and i will never bet the 49ers to win a superbowl until hes gone.

Just look at every qb to win the superbowl the last 10 years. Every one of those guys was a top 10 qb when his team won the superbowl. Peyton, eli, roethlisberger, brees, brady, rodgers. Possibly missing a name in there. The only exceptions since 2000 are dilfer with the greatest defense of all time and brad johnson which was a complete anomaly.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Alex smith has like a 100 QB rating and leads the league in completion % doesnt he?

people seem to be still caught up with the Alex Smith from 3-4 years ago. he is a good QB now. not great, but good.

I really enjoy watching Kaep play and think he could be a full time starter potentially but you cant make that switch after one good game

Old
11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Zippy316

Anyone else just keep picking the defense that is playing the Eagles in fantasy?

Their offensive line is atrocious to begin with, and they had a no-name quaterback to boot, what else could you ask for?

Old
11-20-2012, 08:26 PM
apice3*

im pretty sure i can lineup behind center and beat the saints defense.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:49 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
im pretty sure i can lineup behind center and beat the saints defense.
with an attitude like that im the new bears guard or tackle....and im only 210 lbs......i cant be much worse, no?

Old
11-20-2012, 09:21 PM
apice3*

Can't be worse than Jamarcus Webb

Old
11-20-2012, 09:30 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
j'musn't forget to omit the "a"

Old
11-20-2012, 09:38 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
one drive doesnt make u a clutch qb. i mean all he had to do to score on this drive was follow his blocks against a bad saints defense

Old
11-20-2012, 10:50 PM
apice3*

Yeah he threw 6 passes on that drive. 3 were dump offs to the RB, 1 was incomplete, and the 2 nice throws were on blatant mismatches. What I'd like to know is why the Saints lined up a tiny corner on Davis and completely gave him the middle of the field (and a very nice throw by Smith capped it) on the 40+ yard pass and why they didn't line anyone across Davis to disrupt the timing on the last play. Pretty much summarizes how bad the Saints D is.

And let's be real. Two nice throws against the worst defense in football isn't much to write home about. Let's not forget the throw Tebow made against a good Steelers defense to win a playoff game. I wouldn't bet on him either (although I certainly wouldn't bet against him.)

Old
11-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
And soon Just Win is going to come in here and tell us that we're all better than JaMarcus Russell.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:10 AM
apice3*

Al Davis had a very flawed way of trying to set up an offense. Get the fastest WR's he could possibly find and get a QB who has the greatest arm in NFL history. I saw Russell throw a ball 60 yards while kneeling at some workout. Unreal.

That offense would probably work in flag football, high school football, possibly college football. Not in the NFL.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:21 AM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

Quote:
He's probably the worst tackle in the league. I hope he gets cut next season.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Devils defense.

vCash: 685
holy upset week in the NFL batman...

4 games currently listed at even lines with another 2 at 1.5 pt spread or less.

Make or break week in the office pick 'em standings.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:

I completely agree. Especially with the bolded.

It`s a process though, let`s give it time. As I said yesterday after watching the game (didn`t have time to watch it live), despite the fact I`ve been a fan since the first time I saw him play, he really impressed me in the 2nd half of his first start and on Monday. But that still doesn`t make him a starter yet. He`ll get experience, more snaps, more coaching from Harbaugh and eventually replace Smith. Everything happens for a reason. After looking great in the preseason, this was a perfect time for him to step in replacing injured Smith (hope he gets well soon still).

Also, people are still down on Smith. He doesn`t deserve that much criticism (not aiming on you) anymore. He`s become more than a serviceable QB and can lead the offense (with so many targets) just fine. Something was wrong in that Giants game, he didn`t look like himself. I still have confidence in him. It`s just that I like Kaepernick more and root for him more. Not sure if that doesn`t partially cloud my judgement, but that still doesn`t make apice`s post any less true (except for the SB part, I think he could IMO).

Old
11-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

This will be a big game for the Giants. They've been screwing around too much the last couple games, they won't be able to do that against the Packers. It's not a must win, but it makes their route to the playoffs much more difficult if they don't.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:27 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Broncos are putting Willis McGahee on IR, ending his season. Tough, tough blow

11-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

During the Cutler era the left side of Bears offensive line has been brutalized every year

RT has been trouble spot as well but C/RG have been stable (Kreutz + Garza ,, now Garza + Louis)

Left side has this nasty habit of getting thrown into our QB by opposing defense before our QB even finishes his dropback

On Monday the nation saw the left side take out our own QB as it was pushed into him ,, We see it every week

Funniest OL fail of Bears in recent memory still is the Haynesworth/Williams matchup from a couple years ago

Why when the Bears finally have a QB/RB/WR trio that is legit talented do we have the worst OL imaginable?

Old
11-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

With Sproles still likely to be out, my FLEX spot is wide open...out of these options, who would you put in? (12 team PPR league btw)

Sidney Rice at Miami
Michael Crabtree at New Orleans
Ronnie Hillman at Kansas City

Closed Thread