There are more stacked teams than Rochester. Sure, Hodgson/Foligno/McNabb are good...but you've got teams like the Oilers who sent down Eberle/RNH/Hall, etc. Minnesota has Coyle/Granlund/Hackett.
But I'm really liking what I'm hearing about Pysyk.
I've loved Pysyk so far. Kid just makes the right plays. I figured he'd adjust pretty well defensively, but his offensive game has definitely exceeded my expectations. I thought he looked great on the PP tonight.
Well, he's been calling Amerks games for 30 years....
If memory serves, he succeeded Rick Peckham in that job.
Stevens MAY be a homer, but he has nowhere near the bombast that, say, Rick Jeanneret does(partly because he can't do the verbal pyrotechnics he did years ago). He's more of a meat-and-potatoes type of PBP guy. Truth to tell, I've always wished he came to Buffalo-back when RJ did radio only and John Gurtler handled TV. I never warmed to Gurts' style.
Thought he looked really good for his first game.
He had some jitters early on but looked like he adjusted well.
He was making his presence known and wasn't afraid to throw his body around.
He even got thrown on the PK immediately after Varone took the first penalty of the game (Varone would usually be out there).
If he plays every game like that, he'll be an effective player.
I got season tickets so I will try to recap or answer any questions you guys got on individual players.
- The top line had a rough game and was pretty invisible especially mancari.
- Porter has been the most impressive player to me so far this season. Guy has a great speed and always seems to make the right play.
- Foligno is always fun to watch around the net
- Roy looked decent in limited ice time, has good speed
- Finley needs to use his body to take the outside away and use his stick to take the away the inside. Everytime he moved toward the slot the winger would just blow past him.
-Brennan on the PP is just fun to watch. His one timers from the top of the circle are just terrifying
-Pysyk doesnt look out of place at all, good speed and decent first pass.
Leggio was solid most of the night, had good rebound control and besides the first goal he really kept them in this one especially on the PK