HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Anders Lee (2009, 152nd overall, Islanders)

Old
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
F Anders Lee (2009, 152nd overall, Islanders)

Anyone heard where he will comit to? I heard he was supposed to visit Havard and it was between Wisconsin and Havard but I've heard other reports of him going to Minnesota or Yale. I was a little surprised he was passed over last draft, but if he has a good year this coming season that could change.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
The Exiled One

Ah yes, Lee the enigma. He's an athletic beast, and probably would have been drafted this summer if he had committed to play college hockey... anywhere. A couple of his high school teammates are as good (and probably better) than he is, but his athleticism means there's little doubt he'll be servicable at the NCAA and minor pro levels.

However, he's been weighing his options for so long that his opportunities have now diminished. I understand that he REALLY wanted to get into Harvard (for both hockey and football), but although he's pretty intelligent, he couldn't quite qualify academically. Wisconsin would have taken him as a grinder in 2010, but he didn't like the designated role or the fact that he would have to play a year of juniors before starting college. I'm sure Minnesota wouldn't mind seeing him rejoin his current teammate Budish, but they'd also likely ask him to play a year of juniors and offer him only a modest scholarship. And finally, if he couldn't get into Harvard, he'll probably have difficulty getting into Yale.

The conundrum is that he could probably get good exposure and playing time at a less prestigious yet competitive school (like the one I support). However, he does not yet appear to be willing to give up on his chances of getting into a Ivy/Big Ten school for 2009. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exiled One View Post
And finally, if he couldn't get into Harvard, he'll probably have difficulty getting into Yale.
I didnt' check it but on uscho's fourm they said chris heisenberg's site had him listed as going to Yale for '09, but the Havard fans were saying he was rumored to be visting the school in June. I didn't know he had problems with his grades, which if that's the case, why would he even consider an Ivy league program.

Trying to find out where he will end up next year but maybe he doesn't know yet himself.

Old
08-29-2008, 02:00 PM
The Exiled One

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I didnt' check it but on uscho's fourm they said chris heisenberg's site had him listed as going to Yale for '09, but the Havard fans were saying he was rumored to be visting the school in June. I didn't know he had problems with his grades, which if that's the case, why would he even consider an Ivy league program.

Trying to find out where he will end up next year but maybe he doesn't know yet himself.
He doesn't have problems with his grades, and his college apptitude test scores are good, just not "Ivy" good.

Heisenberg once showed him committed to Harvard, but it was removed. I've never seen him listed as a Yale recruit.

Old
09-01-2008, 12:56 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

he was the goalie at St. Thomas Academy before he went to Edina I believe; but still, I was under the impression (or had heard at one point or another) that he was going somewhere based on his football abilities- I believe he's the quarterback.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2008, 11:54 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
he was the goalie at St. Thomas Academy before he went to Edina I believe; but still, I was under the impression (or had heard at one point or another) that he was going somewhere based on his football abilities- I believe he's the quarterback.
Lee played forward at STA, he was the quarterback but I hadn't heard he was going the football route. But I haven't heard much of anything other then a few things over on the uscho boards.

Old
09-02-2008, 03:24 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
What i hear is that he wants to play major D1 football. If that does not happen its major D1 hockey then lesser football then lesser hockey. Mostly the kid wants to just play. So he is really stuck, in not knowing what combo will be best suited to allow him to "play" at a high caliber school.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 10:23 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
What i hear is that he wants to play major D1 football. If that does not happen its major D1 hockey then lesser football then lesser hockey. Mostly the kid wants to just play. So he is really stuck, in not knowing what combo will be best suited to allow him to "play" at a high caliber school.
Ok thanks for the info. Hope to goes the hockey route

Old
09-02-2008, 01:15 PM
justthefacts

Anders Lee

Life on these threads would be so much simpler if everyone was required to use there actual name as there handle.

Having read the banter and speculation on Anders Lee, I had to register to set straight some assumptions about a very decent kid. I am close friend of the family and struggle with people trying to fill in the blanks. So I'll start with The Exiled Ones comments. Regarding the draft, The Islanders and Toronto had called during the draft to guage if he would leave early to for the USHL and skip his senior year in HS and if he would be playing football.

With regard to college options and test scores, He has been recruited from every Ivy league school for either hockey or football and has met all of their requirements for test scores and GPA for admittance. With regard to Harvard, someone had called Charlie Walters, a Sports Columnist at the Pioneer Press and said he had verballed to Harvard so, Walters simply put it in the paper, and Chris Heisenburg assumed it was fact and listed it as such on his site.

I have read other comments Exile on you taking shots at Lee, and implying the kids a typical previllaged Edina-Ivy-wannabe and that is just wrong. You assume everyone in Edina can afford to fly all over for unofficial visits. Fact is, Harvard is a fantastic education, with decent hockey and for the Lee's they would qualify for incredible financial aid. Wisconsin was at the time the only school he had visited. Eaves offered a full-ride but wanted an answer in two-weeks. Lee also knew a year of juniors was in the picture and that was not an issue in his decision to wait. Wisconsin was just the first school that offered. Your take on him being a grinder is interesting too. For the being the top returning HS career scorer in the Metro this fall, I think your heavily biased toward Budish and Everson despite Lee being the only one from Edina to make the 1st team All-State honors for the Pioneer Press and Myfoxhockey.

You also stated that by waiting his options have diminished. I can only say how wrong you are by the fact that he has 5 scheduled official visits, coming up over the next 6 weeks. My guess is that he will decide between Notre Dame, Denver, Wisconsin Colorado College, or Harvard.

How many kids know what they want from a college at 16 let alone 14-(Wis) Maybe if they had waited, other opportunities would have been offered.

My main point is speculation is one thing, but your comments implied fact, with an obvious negative angle. As far as your Huskies are concerned, he has never heard from them. Like I stated in the beginning. This site and the information provided here, would very different if everyone had to use their actual name......

justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2008, 02:22 PM
The Exiled One

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
Life on these threads would be so much simpler if everyone was required to use there actual name as there handle.
First of all, thank you for participating Mr. Lee...

Quote:
Having read the banter and speculation on Anders Lee, I had to register to set straight some assumptions about a very decent kid. I am close friend of the family and struggle with people trying to fill in the blanks. So I'll start with The Exiled Ones comments. Regarding the draft, The Islanders and Toronto had called during the draft to guage if he would leave early to for the USHL and skip his senior year in HS and if he would be playing football.
Which is what I meant when saying that committing to a college for hockey would have given the Islanders and the Leafs the information they needed. I didn't mean that committing to a college would have made him look like a better hockey player. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
With regard to college options and test scores, He has been recruited from every Ivy league school for either hockey or football and has met all of their requirements for test scores and GPA for admittance. With regard to Harvard, someone had called Charlie Walters, a Sports Columnist at the Pioneer Press and said he had verballed to Harvard so, Walters simply put it in the paper, and Chris Heisenburg assumed it was fact and listed it as such on his site.
Excellent. It's not what I had heard, but I'm glad his test scores were acceptable. Like I said, I've always heard he was a smart kid.

Quote:
I have read other comments Exile on you taking shots at Lee, and implying the kids a typical previllaged Edina-Ivy-wannabe and that is just wrong.
"Notre Dame, Denver, Wisconsin Colorado College, or Harvard." Private, private, Big Ten, private, Ivy. I stand by my impression.

Quote:
You assume everyone in Edina can afford to fly all over for unofficial visits.
Not really

Quote:
Fact is, Harvard is a fantastic education, with decent hockey and for the Lee's they would qualify for incredible financial aid. Wisconsin was at the time the only school he had visited. Eaves offered a full-ride but wanted an answer in two-weeks. Lee also knew a year of juniors was in the picture and that was not an issue in his decision to wait. Wisconsin was just the first school that offered.
Then my info was correct at some point, but is now obviously a bit dated, thanks for the update.

Quote:
Your take on him being a grinder is interesting too. For the being the top returning HS career scorer in the Metro this fall.
I didn't say he was a grinder, I said Eaves wanted him to be a grinder, which shouldn't be a shock considering the systems Eaves runs.

Quote:
I think your heavily biased toward Budish and Everson despite Lee being the only one from Edina to make the 1st team All-State honors for the Pioneer Press and Myfoxhockey.
I have never said Lee is anything but a stud. However, I do believe Budish projects as a better college and pro player. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm not really enamoured with Everson's style.

Quote:
You also stated that by waiting his options have diminished. I can only say how wrong you are by the fact that he has 5 scheduled official visits, coming up over the next 6 weeks. My guess is that he will decide between Notre Dame, Denver, Wisconsin Colorado College, or Harvard.
Good for him.

Quote:
How many kids know what they want from a college at 16 let alone 14-(Wis) Maybe if they had waited, other opportunities would have been offered.
Maybe.

Quote:
My main point is speculation is one thing, but your comments implied fact, with an obvious negative angle. As far as your Huskies are concerned, he has never heard from them.
Shame on Motzko then, he's missing out on a fine player.

Quote:
Like I stated in the beginning. This site and the information provided here, would very different if everyone had to use their actual name......
You first.

I apologize that I didn't lead off every statement with "from what I've heard", but let that be implied henceforth. Obviously you are a better source, but please don't think anything I've ever written be considered a knock on Anders Lee. If anything, I always thought he never got the amount of credit due to him.

EDIT: By the way, nice game against Fargo South!!

Old
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Thanks justthefacts for the info, I've been a fan of Lee's since watching him at STA and have some minor contacts with some scouts so I like to have updated info on players I follow.

Old
09-03-2008, 08:12 AM
justthefacts

Exile, thank you for the clairification. Your hockey pulse meter is generally very accurate, however like any story that is passed on a few times, the accuracy can go awry. Peace.

justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 06:20 AM
mm11

Anders Lee

Sort of an unknown forward prospect drafted by the NYI in 2009 I believe. The year after being drafted the guy was all everything in the USHL. Great size, strength and skills I understand.

I have not had the chance to view this Minny High school multiple sport athlete whom competed at ELITE levels of play in multiple sports as he is sounding like a diamond in the ruff for the ever increasing impressive NYI prospect pool. Can anyone give me an objective opinion of this kid that will be playing Feshman CCHA at Notre Dame?

Lee just recently has been involved in a college underage drinking, fighting escapade along with over 40 Notre Dame athletes I understand one being the legendary Joe Montan's son. Lee was arrested I understand for his part , if my facts are incorrect I apologize as I am too lazy and running late to confirm . I am really trying to learn about Lee the hockey player and if he has NHL potential as there is no doubt this kid is huge, has great athletic ability that who played on a great Minny High school two years ago.

He got drafted mid round by the NYI and has now devoted full time to a hockey career and just lit up his first year after the NHL draft. I mean lit up and very well could of been according to some sources the MVP in the USHL last year. On paper he was that good but I wanted to hear from some folks that have seen him play. apologize for the long message. The NYI seem to be plucking some good talent from the USHL since 2006

Okposo, Gregoire, Matt Donovan, Blake Kessel I believe and Lee. I think I missed a few kids but my point is all the kids minus Okposo are progressing nicely and all are mid rounds picks other than Kyle Okposo.

cheers

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:39 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Anders Lee is an absolute beast of a player.....simple as that.

It really is amazing just how low he was drafted for fears of him choosing football over hockey. The kid is an all around athlete, and if he was dedicated to hockey (or at least stated as much before his draft) he would have gone higher then Mark Alt and Zach Budish did in their respective drafts out of Minny.

All I can say is that the Islanders have an absolute gem on their hands, and many of their fans dont even know it. Everything you stated above is correct as I have had the pleasure of watching him play numerous times this past season in the USHL. I cant wait to see him in Notre Dame in the coming months.

As for his off ice issues, I really cant comment about that, but I know many of the schools top athletes were involved with it as well. I dont think it affects Lee and his hockey playing (unless the school wants to kick out all those athletes), but I will look forward to his freshman campaign.

Lee is a bull on skates. He really is a man among boys. It amazes me just how strong he is on his skates and how offensively gifted he is as well. I truly feel that he is one of the most underrated prospects in all of hockey, and that Garth Snow has to be wipping all that drool off his face knowing that he snagged this kid in the mid rounds.

I think he will be on everyones radar this year, and he really wont be much of a secret anymore.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 11:55 AM
MN_Gopher

I watched Lee alot in high school.

He was a guy that relied on a lot of physical tools. He was just bigger stronger and could bully his way any where he wanted. Its a great trait. But hard to judnge just how far it will get him.

Lowering your head and crashin the net is not the best asset at #1 on your list. There were questions about his passing, descion making and all around hockey sense. He was a QB in HS and ran the option. He kept the ball most of the time, but did lead the state in TDs as well.

His USHL were great. Many great USHL players are gone after their draft year. Last year should have been Lee's freshmen year of college. There are outstanding numbers but many in his class were in college. Leddy, LeBlac, Kreider, Buddish, Palmeiri and so on.

He was a guy IMO that just had enough qustions to make him fall. Where was his heart. Several rumors that he wanted to go major D1 football but would play major D1 hockey before lower D1 football. Once other players caught him physicaly would be just an Erik Rasmussen type? I was urprised he fell that far. After a year in college the picture will really play out. Either he can be a powerforward or he is just a big boy on skates.

Old
07-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Great athlete and great USHL stats but consider that most of the truly elite players don't play in the USHL after their draft year. In terms of raw talent he is up there but as a hockey prospect, he's still got a ton of development left. Solid prospect though.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Great athlete and great USHL stats but consider that most of the truly elite players don't play in the USHL after their draft year. In terms of raw talent he is up there but as a hockey prospect, he's still got a ton of development left. Solid prospect though.

Would he have gone higher than Zach Budish? Uh no, that's a stretch. While at times he outperformed his more highly rated teammate, it wasn't consistently and Budish was definitely the more highly though of prospect. Consider this, how high might Budish have gone without, oh I dunno, missing an entire year of development? And he's just as good an athlete as Lee too.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 09:26 PM
ndgolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
I watched Lee alot in high school.

He was a guy that relied on a lot of physical tools. He was just bigger stronger and could bully his way any where he wanted. Its a great trait. But hard to judnge just how far it will get him.

Lowering your head and crashin the net is not the best asset at #1 on your list. There were questions about his passing, descion making and all around hockey sense. He was a QB in HS and ran the option. He kept the ball most of the time, but did lead the state in TDs as well.

His USHL were great. Many great USHL players are gone after their draft year. Last year should have been Lee's freshmen year of college. There are outstanding numbers but many in his class were in college. Leddy, LeBlac, Kreider, Buddish, Palmeiri and so on.

He was a guy IMO that just had enough qustions to make him fall. Where was his heart. Several rumors that he wanted to go major D1 football but would play major D1 hockey before lower D1 football. Once other players caught him physicaly would be just an Erik Rasmussen type? I was urprised he fell that far. After a year in college the picture will really play out. Either he can be a powerforward or he is just a big boy on skates.
Player envy, perhaps?

The facts are simple. For just a "big boy on skates" he sure has accomplished a few things over the last few years.

#2 All-Time in Minnesota HS Hockey in scoring class AA.
The only player in MN Hockey history to play in 5 state tournaments.
His Sr. Yr in HS led the Bauer Elite Tournament in scoring, The Schwans Cup Tournament in scoring, and the State Tournament in scoring. Finished the year with 60 assists in 31 games despite the "questions about his passing" and decision making.

2009-10 USHL.

USHL Play-off MVP
USHL-All USHL 1st Team
USHL-Rookie of the Year.
USHL-All Rookie Team

Tied for USHL Scoring crown.
2nd in USHL +/-
1st in USHL game winning goals.
Set 3 USHL playoff scoring records.
Leading Scorer in USHL Play-offs.
Led the Gamblers in Goals, assists and +/-

Lee also ran the "spread offense" and his 3+ rushing TD's per game avg. were 2nd in the nation for QB's as well as throwing for over 4000 yrds. Lee was both the Metro Player of the year, and Gatorade Player of the year.

It takes more than just being a "big boy" to put up these type of numbers consistently, and to compare Lee's athleticism to Zach Budish is clearly comparing Lee to just another "big boy". What happen to Budish this year after he failed to register a point the last 12 games of the season. Brandinho, for the record, Budish has never outscored Lee in any season.

Your take on Lee has always been interesting, especially if someone posts something positive, but then again your........

I think his upside is reasonable, but then again he may be just a "big boy"

PS: read your post and spell check next time, its free!

ndgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2010, 09:47 PM
40oz

I was pimping this kid in his draft year. Really wanted the Oilers to pick him up, kids a true athlete.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Dice on Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgolden View Post
2009-10 USHL.

USHL Play-off MVP
USHL-All USHL 1st Team
USHL-Rookie of the Year.
USHL-All Rookie Team

2nd in USHL +/-
This was an overall great post, but I just wanted to point out that though Lee was a year older when he did it, the last person to terrorize the USHL to quite this effect was our very own Kyle Okposo.

The USHL is not a slouch league anymore. You don't throw up those kinds of numbers, regardless if Lee was 19 and over-age, just by being a "big boy on skates" without any skills. Lee has a pretty legit skill set and doesn't just rely on his size to rack up points.

There's a ton that Lee must prove before he becomes a really formidable NHL prospect and not just a potential grinding line forward, but he has the toolbox necessary to make that happen at Notre Dame. That team, by the way, is looking pretty stacked considering they have a brigade of top-notch recruits coming in to go along with really good players like Kyle Palmieri (one of my favorites) and Riley Sheahan.

Dice on Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
I was pimping this kid in his draft year. Really wanted the Oilers to pick him up, kids a true athlete.
I still can't believe the Predators passed on Lee to take Nick Oliver in the fifth round. Oliver, of course, had such an underwhelming season that his scholarship to SCSU was deferred and is now heading back for a third season in the USHL...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Dice on Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I still can't believe the Predators passed on Lee to take Nick Oliver in the fifth round. Oliver, of course, had such an underwhelming season that his scholarship to SCSU was deferred and is now heading back for a third season in the USHL...
Hindsight's 20/20.

I'm sure the Preds are really bummed about Roman Josi, Pekka Rinne, Patric Hornqvist, Shea Weber, and the other scrubs you've managed to scrape up after the first round.

Dice on Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice on Ice View Post
Hindsight's 20/20.

I'm sure the Preds are really bummed about Roman Josi, Pekka Rinne, Patric Hornqvist, Shea Weber, and the other scrubs you've managed to scrape up after the first round.
I was high on Lee prior to the draft after seeing him a couple of times on the FSN Minnesota HS Game of the Week. It just fit what the Predators were doing so well, adding size and skill to the prospect core...

As you say though, getting Ryan Ellis, Zach Budish, Charles Olivier-Roussel, Taylor Beck, Michael Latta, Gabriel Bourque, Craig Smith, Matthias Ekholm, and Cam Reid in the rest of the 2009 draft class alone can allow some leeway to our scouts to see how things all turn out in the end.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgolden View Post
Player envy, perhaps?

The facts are simple. For just a "big boy on skates" he sure has accomplished a few things over the last few years.

#2 All-Time in Minnesota HS Hockey in scoring class AA.
The only player in MN Hockey history to play in 5 state tournaments.
His Sr. Yr in HS led the Bauer Elite Tournament in scoring, The Schwans Cup Tournament in scoring, and the State Tournament in scoring. Finished the year with 60 assists in 31 games despite the "questions about his passing" and decision making.

2009-10 USHL.

USHL Play-off MVP
USHL-All USHL 1st Team
USHL-Rookie of the Year.
USHL-All Rookie Team

2nd in USHL +/-

Lee also ran the "spread offense" and his 3+ rushing TD's per game avg. were 2nd in the nation for QB's as well as throwing for over 4000 yrds. Lee was both the Metro Player of the year, and Gatorade Player of the year.

It takes more than just being a "big boy" to put up these type of numbers consistently, and to compare Lee's athleticism to Zach Budish is clearly comparing Lee to just another "big boy". What happen to Budish this year after he failed to register a point the last 12 games of the season. Brandinho, for the record, Budish has never outscored Lee in any season.

Your take on Lee has always been interesting, especially if someone posts something positive, but then again your........

I think his upside is reasonable, but then again he may be just a "big boy"

PS: read your post and spell check next time, its free!
6'2 200+ is huge in high school. Players will grow and the size advantage evens out in later years. His pure raw skill was not up there with other.

Think of all the schoos that wanted him. And how many asked him to play a year of junior. I think all the MN WCHA schools wanted him and obviously Notre Dame did. Most would have him play a year in the USHL. Several D1 coaches saw things for him to work on as well.

Running the option and scoring TDs in great. When your QB leads the team in rushing and TDs. That says to me, great athlete but keeps the ball and he did not pitch down field. The sign of a great option QB. If you want to use his football stats as an indicator of his hockey stats. Shoot first, poor vision? Not really but if he is effective he will always have more goals than assists. So the question is, Is he a goal scorer at the next level?

The question was why did he fall. What are his upsides. He fell for lots of reasons. His up side IMO is yet to be determined. If he plays like bull at ND and has success great, i hope he does. A hard nosed 2nd line winger that just beats the D down. Yeah i wnat that on my team.

There have been lots of guys that had great USHL success and did nothing after that. Like wise there are players that do not tear up the USHL and go on to have great success. I am not going to jump on the bandwagon, nor am i going to let the air out of the tires either.

Trevor Lewis
Sam Gagner

Old
09-11-2010, 04:31 PM
mm11

Anders Lee ( for Ranger fans)

Anders Lee: ranger fans, Google his year last year. Look at his size and athletic ability. I wonder where he would be on the NYR prospect list at this moment. I believe he was a 2009 draft pick. The same year as the NYR top prospect chris Kreider. Both kids were drafted out of HS and were raw

Only reason why I bring up this thread is becuase of the Brock Nelson/Chris Kreider debate

Add Anders Lee to the debate

Lee is a supreme Athlete from the great state of Minny: He was a super HS QB, track and field plus part time high school hockey player. Last year, his first true year devoted to hockey Lee plain and simple dominated the USHL. Google it, while everyone knows the pedestrian year Krieider posted in stats with 15 goals and 8 assists I believe but playing a major major role with BC during the national championship run. Kreider earned a spot on the WJC USA gold medal team and once again played a major role. The kid has what it takes to be on a winner obviously. So good, team USA called to have him play a minor role on the varsity WC team.

So the question is:

Lee vrs Kreider? not really, but is it such a no brainer as all ranger fans think? I would hope so as Kreider is #1 or 2 on the blue shirts prospect list but one should note Anders Lee is a strong as an ox 6'2 220 lbs like Kreider. The differance is Lee dominated offensively with 35 goals (9 game winnders #1 in the league and over a PPG in the playoffs) and dominated defensively. He bull rushed his way to major numbers and I believe also played a major role in winning a championship. Something the prospect world has overlooked since he was only a 6th round draft pick in 2009 unlike Kreider whom as a first round pick

Kreider obviously is flashier with the blazing speed along with excellent you tube hilites and goals but did not dominate or put up good freshman numbers like some other freshman over the years. Lee is a tantalizing prospect that the Isles have ranked around 20 of kids outside their NHL organization. I wonder if the blue shirts had Lee in their organization he would be getting alittle more press and be slated in their top 5 or atleast top 10. Imagine if Lee was a 1st rounder? Look at the Habs first rounder in 2010. He played in the USHL after being drafted. Their is talent there
Lee plain and simple dominated both sides of the rink

both kids are 2009 picks, great size, one is a great skater and the other just flat out dominated offensively. Both are raw, Lee never really concentrated on hockey before and Kredier like LEE was playing HS hockey when he was drafted

Am i reaching listing Lee in the Kreider's stratosphere ? objective minds want to know?

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote