HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2017 & 2018 NHL Drafts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2017, 12:44 PM
  #1
JFA87-66-99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,767
vCash: 500
2017 & 2018 NHL Drafts

If these two drafts were combined into one draft how does the top 15-20 picks shape up. Obviously there sum huge talents coming into the league with guys like Rasmus Dahlin, Andrei Svechnikov, Joe Veleno, Nolan Patrick, Timothy Liljegren, etc etc. Let me know what you think?

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 12:54 PM
  #2
edguy
Registered User
 
edguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Rasmus Dahlin
Andrei Svechnikov
Nolan Patrick
Nico Hischier
Timothy Liljegren

Would be my top 5 as of right now

edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 01:31 PM
  #3
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 50
My Top 10 right now would be

1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Andrei Svechnikov
3. Nolan Patrick
4. Nico Hischier
5. Joe Veleno
6. Ryan Merkley
7. Tim Liljegren
8. Gabe Vilardi
9. Benoit-Oliver Groulx
10. Ryan McLeod

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 01:38 PM
  #4
Frk It
Crap Space
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 22,795
vCash: 500
Jake Wise??

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 02:00 PM
  #5
landy92mack29
Fire Sakic
 
landy92mack29's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,960
vCash: 50
Tough with how unproven the 18 guys are still and how much they can go up or down but I'll go with:

1-Rasmus Dahlin
2-Nolan Patrick
3-Andrei Svechnikov
4-Joe Veleno
5-Ryan Merkley
6-Nico Hischier
7-Gabriel Vilardi
8-Benoit-Olivier Groulx
9-Owen Tippett
10-Callan Foote
11-Timothy Liljegren
12-Jared McIsaac
13-Ryan Mcleod
14-Anderson MacDonald
15-Ty Smith
16-Brady Tkachuk
17-Jett Woo
18-Bode Wilde
19-Jake Wise
20-David Levin

landy92mack29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 02:07 PM
  #6
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Jake Wise??
Nope. That whole American class is losing it's hype. They have to be better than they have been.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 02:56 PM
  #7
JFA87-66-99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,767
vCash: 500
Who would you guys compare Rasmus Dahlin too? I mean style wise, and also potential wise.

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 03:20 PM
  #8
Munchkin10
Registered User
 
Munchkin10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago,Il
Posts: 416
vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 View Post
Who would you guys compare Rasmus Dahlin too? I mean style wise, and also potential wise.
Karlsson or OEL.

Munchkin10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 03:29 PM
  #9
JimboA
Registered User
 
JimboA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Earth
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 View Post
Who would you guys compare Rasmus Dahlin too? I mean style wise, and also potential wise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin10 View Post
Karlsson or OEL.
Style wise, I've seen the Niedermayer comparison and I think I like that one a bit more. Can see why people say Karlsson/OEL though.

Can't really comment on potential as my knowledge is limited.

JimboA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 04:51 PM
  #10
VictorLustig
Registered User
 
VictorLustig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin10 View Post
Karlsson or OEL.
Karlsson is a completely different type of player. If you had to compare him to a Swedish player I'd say a more offensive gifted Kenny Jönsson or Hampus Lindholm would be a lot closer.

VictorLustig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2017, 05:46 PM
  #11
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
Nope. That whole American class is losing it's hype. They have to be better than they have been.
Not sure I agree. Wise has played really well the last two tournaments. His size will be a question. If he doesn't get to 6'0, the chances of him being the next Eichel or Matthews are unlikely. But there's no reason he couldn't be the next Keller or Marner, he has really good offensive skill, whether or not he's 5'10 or 6'0 by his draft year. There isn't much about his game that isn't good. You can critique his height, and he hasn't been as good as some predicted, but he's still been very good.

I still think Wise and Wilde are going to be top ten picks. Farabee, Wahlstrom, Gruden and Miller have a good chance of being 1st rounders as well. Weiss, Giles, Middendorf, Emberson, Karki are potential early round picks. Its a talented class of players, regardless of the results.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2017, 07:56 PM
  #12
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Not sure I agree. Wise has played really well the last two tournaments. His size will be a question. If he doesn't get to 6'0, the chances of him being the next Eichel or Matthews are unlikely. But there's no reason he couldn't be the next Keller or Marner, he has really good offensive skill, whether or not he's 5'10 or 6'0 by his draft year. There isn't much about his game that isn't good. You can critique his height, and he hasn't been as good as some predicted, but he's still been very good.

I still think Wise and Wilde are going to be top ten picks. Farabee, Wahlstrom, Gruden and Miller have a good chance of being 1st rounders as well. Weiss, Giles, Middendorf, Emberson, Karki are potential early round picks. Its a talented class of players, regardless of the results.
They'll have to get results to be high picks especially with the rest of the talent available. We are still over a year out and there will definitely be risers who challenge just like every other draft. They'll need to step it up next year to keep up.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2017, 09:05 PM
  #13
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
They'll have to get results to be high picks especially with the rest of the talent available. We are still over a year out and there will definitely be risers who challenge just like every other draft. They'll need to step it up next year to keep up.
The NTDP team doesn't need to get results for the players to get drafted high. If the players play well and teams like their potential, they'll get drafted high. It doesn't matter how well the team does. Which players in particular do you think have had their stock drop a lot?

Pavel Buchnevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.