HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luke Adam and a young defenseman for a wing prospect

Old
10-25-2012, 11:35 PM
lifeisruff

vCash: 500
Luke Adam and a young defenseman for a wing prospect

Young defensemen as in Pysyk, Brennan or McNabb (McNabb only if we resign Regher)

Yeah I know I sound really desprete, but the NHL is locked out, and the Bills are imploding, again, and I haven't seen a sabres trade proposal recently

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Zip15

vCash: 450
I like our prospect situation right now. I'm not anxious to move either Pysyk or McNabb, either. In any event, a package like Brennan + Adam isn't going to net the organization much value right now.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:17 AM
tsujimoto74

Not even slightly interested in moving Pysyk or McNabb right now. Pysyk's completely wowed me with his play in the AHL so far this season, and McNabb's combination of physicality and offense is something the Sabres definitely need more of, not less.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Exit Dose

Had the Ducks priorities not shifted over the summer, I'd say that we would be a good match here. Maybe it will start making sense again around the TDL.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:20 AM
HiddenInLight

Unless it is a REALLY good wing prospect I have zero interest in moving McNabb or Pysyk.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Henkka

Pysyk to Detroit.

Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco.

We have too many decent Winger prospects and need a defenceman. Especially right-handed.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 08:01 AM
416Leafer

What's Luke Adam like defensively? And what do you think his ceiling is? He seems to have decent size, ok hands but probably not good enoguh to ever really be an effective top 6 centre. So is his defence good enough to become a solid two-way 3rd line C? That's something the Leafs will need down the line, and we have lots of depth on the wing.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:30 AM
gdsmack267

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
What's Luke Adam like defensively? And what do you think his ceiling is? He seems to have decent size, ok hands but probably not good enoguh to ever really be an effective top 6 centre. So is his defence good enough to become a solid two-way 3rd line C? That's something the Leafs will need down the line, and we have lots of depth on the wing.
Adam is a mess on the ice. He is slow and most of his shots get blocked making his wrist shot useless. His value is dropping fast and not improving so far this season.

gdsmack267 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Pysyk to Detroit.

Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco.

We have too many decent Winger prospects and need a defenceman. Especially right-handed.
Pysyk is significantly better than all of them. If we have a season, I expect him to finish it in Buffalo. Defensemen with his level of skating and intelligence are incredibly valuable.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:07 PM

no interest in moving Pysyk ir McNabb, really no point in moving Adam either.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Pysyk is significantly better than all of them. If we have a season, I expect him to finish it in Buffalo. Defensemen with his level of skating and intelligence are incredibly valuable.
Wow, you wouldn't trade Pysyk for Nyqvist? I don't think you'll be saying the same thing a couple years.

I've seen Nyquist play on multiple occasions, the kid is legit. I wouldn't go as far to say the Pysyk is "significantly" better. Also difficult to compare defenseman and wingers.

Drew311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:02 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Nemisz for Pysyk?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Judged off four or five AHL games?

Understandable if you want to keep him, but to say he's better than those guys is foolish. If you were to trade Pysyk, that is the return you would be getting, whether you like it or not.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:26 PM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Adam is a mess on the ice. He is slow and most of his shots get blocked making his wrist shot useless. His value is dropping fast and not improving so far this season.
Of course the flip side is that he is a 6'4, former AHL rookie of the year, in a buy low situation.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:27 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Judged off four or five AHL games?

Understandable if you want to keep him, but to say he's better than those guys is foolish. If you were to trade Pysyk, that is the return you would be getting, whether you like it or not.
How many Sabres fans do you see wanting to trade him? Because the only one I see is the OP and even then it looks like a thinly veiled effort to get rid of Adam.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 05:34 PM
JayRosehillforMVP
snubbed again

Kabanov?

JayRosehillforMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:50 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Wow, you wouldn't trade Pysyk for Nyqvist? I don't think you'll be saying the same thing a couple years.

I've seen Nyquist play on multiple occasions, the kid is legit. I wouldn't go as far to say the Pysyk is "significantly" better. Also difficult to compare defenseman and wingers.
Yeah as a sabres fan I'd be really tempted to do a Pysyk for Nyqvist swap. We could actually use a LW prospect with top line potential and Nyqvist fits that description.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:09 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
Of course the flip side is that he is a 6'4, former AHL rookie of the year, in a buy low situation.
To be fair, looking at who's won the AHL Rookie of the year award in the past indicates that it doesn't really predict NHL success at all.

Since 2000, Purcell is the best player that's won it. Other NHL names being Gerbe, Ennis, Bourque, and O'Sullivan.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:15 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Had the Ducks priorities not shifted over the summer, I'd say that we would be a good match here. Maybe it will start making sense again around the TDL.
Came in here to say the exact same thing.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:05 AM
lifeisruff

finally got a chance to look it over

I'd do Pysyk and Adam for Nyquist in a heart beat. Nyquist is exactly the type of multi-faceted winger, I've looking for to play alongside Armia, Foligno and our young centers.

Pysyk never really projects as anything special. And we would still have Myers, Sekera, McNabb, and Ehrhoff (not a young player, still signed until the end of time back at D.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:17 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
finally got a chance to look it over

I'd do Pysyk and Adam for Nyquist in a heart beat. Nyquist is exactly the type of multi-faceted winger, I've looking for to play alongside Armia, Foligno and our young centers.

Pysyk never really projects as anything special. And we would still have Myers, Sekera, McNabb, and Ehrhoff (not a young player, still signed until the end of time back at D.
If you have followed any amerk games in the wake of the lockout thus far you'd reconsider...Pysyk has looked like a man among boys...as a whole Brennan included(ik his point totals tell a different tale) he is the only defense man...playing defense lol.

I dont wanna take away from the value of Nyquist or Jurco both of whom I few as future 30-30 type guys at least...but to sell Pysyk so short is crazy let alone throwing in adam

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:19 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Came in here to say the exact same thing.
I still thought Ryan and/or Getz made way too much sense before the lockout for a Sabres-Ducks swap...the frame work is definitely there...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:24 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
If you have followed any amerk games in the wake of the lockout thus far you'd reconsider...Pysyk has looked like a man among boys...as a whole Brennan included(ik his point totals tell a different tale) he is the only defense man...playing defense lol.

I dont wanna take away from the value of Nyquist or Jurco both of whom I few as future 30-30 type guys at least...but to sell Pysyk so short is crazy let alone throwing in adam
Yeah agreed on Pysyk. The only reason I'd trade him is because of our organizational depth at defense and our need for a top LW prospect. Pysyk is a fantastic prospect.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:42 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Do we even have organizational depth where Pysyk is going to slot in, though? He's the best defensive prospect in the pipeline by leaps and bounds, and Ruff still hasn't made up his mind on what he wants Myers to be. Going by last season, Regehr-Sekera will be the shutdown tandem, and depending on how Regehr ages/Myers progresses, that pairing might need fresh blood sooner rather than later.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:45 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Also, Pysyk's upside is really freakin underrated. His skating was getting compared to Duncan Keith's before the draft. Even if he never puts it all together for a season like Keith did in 09-10, Mark still has the potential to log absurd minutes, shut down top competition and lead his team, and that's pretty much all he's done since being drafted.

Actually, his skating is even better than what I said. More than one comparison to Niedermayer after a quick google. That, with his above average IQ and willingness to play the body and take hits to make plays (even if he isn't a bruiser) is going to be a deadly combination. All of his detractors act like he isn't elite at things and it's just not true.

Last edited by struckbyaparkedcar: 10-29-2012 at 02:12 PM.