HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto Maple Leafs - Calgary Flames

Old
10-26-2012, 02:43 PM
FoppaForsberg*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Yeah because Grabovski for 5 years at 5.5m is a totally sweet deal yo!

...I'll gladly keep Bouw for the next 2 years.
...Grabovski makes 5.5M, for the next FIVE years? Yeah I wouldn't touch him unless they included Kessel or Rielly/Gardiner

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:23 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
...Grabovski makes 5.5M, for the next FIVE years? Yeah I wouldn't touch him unless they included Kessel or Rielly/Gardiner
Jbo's 20 someodd points a year isn't enticing enough to trade Grabo. A little overrated imho

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:33 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Leafs50 View Post
Since the Leafs have 8 NHL d-men, lets tweak this a little.
Bouwmeester, Stajan, and Backlund for Grabovski, Bozak, and Gunnarsson?

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Bouwmeester, Stajan, and Backlund for Grabovski, Bozak, and Gunnarsson?
Absolutely not worth it for toronto.

1) No stajan.

2) No stajan

3) Toronto is giving up the 3 best players in the deal. and getting almost no youth and progression.

4) no stajan.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Haatley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post

1) No stajan.

2) No stajan

3) Toronto is giving up the 3 best players in the deal. and getting almost no youth and progression.

4) no stajan.
jbo>grabovski
stajan>bozo
backlund at least equal to gunnarson or better

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 09:48 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
jbo>grabovski
stajan>bozo
backlund at least equal to gunnarson or better
LOL

I am a Sens fan. Hate the Leafs.

That is brutal for Toronto.

Toronto wouldn't move Gunnarsson for JBo.

Toronto IS giving up the 3 best players.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:15 PM
T M L
Next Season?

Not a good deal for T.O.

Grabovski is a warrior.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:18 PM
ESH

Quote:

1) No stajan.

2) No stajan

4) no stajan.
I agree that it's a stupid deal, but do you really believe that Bozak and Gunnarsson are better than Bouwmeester?

ESH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:26 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Jbo's 20 someodd points a year isn't enticing enough to trade Grabo. A little overrated imho
If this season is wiped out Bouwmeesters contract would only have 1 year left, and even if we do see hockey this season then it'd be 1 and 2/3 years left.
#2 Defensemen who can play huge minutes vs. undersized 50 point center. Yes he's no Shea Weber but better defensively then anyone currently on the leafs as of today.

Old
10-28-2012, 05:03 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
If this season is wiped out Bouwmeesters contract would only have 1 year left, and even if we do see hockey this season then it'd be 1 and 2/3 years left.
#2 Defensemen who can play huge minutes vs. undersized 50 point center. Yes he's no Shea Weber but better defensively then anyone currently on the leafs as of today.
I'd rather give holzer a chance and a stopgap if that falters (by all accounts Holzer is looking viable). Adding Jbo for 1.? years is not worth giving up assets.... Grabo is one of our best.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:40 PM
RogerRoeper*

The Leafs really don't need Boumeester.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 07:56 PM
topchowda

I think Calgary and TML are good trading partners. Flames are just going into a rebuilding period while TML may be coming of theres and have some good prospects.

If Feaster realized he has solid older players that have high value as of right now and was willingly to go into a rebuild I could see Kipper going to Toronto.

Kipper would be a better solution then Lu. His contract is only for 2 more years at $5.8 million. Still a high amount but shorter term. He is older then Luongo but played amazing last year and probaly has 2 more good years left.

It would give some time for TML goalie prospects to develop and take over the starting role once he leaves in 2014/15

Also Flames have some good G prospects too.

I wonder what it would take to do that deal? Colbourne?

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 08:50 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I think Calgary and TML are good trading partners. Flames are just going into a rebuilding period while TML may be coming of theres and have some good prospects.

If Feaster realized he has solid older players that have high value as of right now and was willingly to go into a rebuild I could see Kipper going to Toronto.

Kipper would be a better solution then Lu. His contract is only for 2 more years at $5.8 million. Still a high amount but shorter term. He is older then Luongo but played amazing last year and probaly has 2 more good years left.

It would give some time for TML goalie prospects to develop and take over the starting role once he leaves in 2014/15

Also Flames have some good G prospects too.

I wonder what it would take to do that deal? Colbourne?
I wouldn't want to center a deal around Colborne personally I would be looking for Kadri.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
I'd rather give holzer a chance and a stopgap if that falters (by all accounts Holzer is looking viable). Adding Jbo for 1.? years is not worth giving up assets.... Grabo is one of our best.
Bouwmeester is still relatively young, could be resigned for cheaper. Plus it's highly unlikely Holzer becomes half as good as Bouwmeester.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I wouldn't want to center a deal around Colborne personally I would be looking for Kadri.
It is reasonable to say Kipper is an elite goalie and any return will be good. I think that at his age he is on his last legs. While Kadri is a good prospect just getting into the NHL. So youd be trading 2 years of Kipper for 13+ years of Kadri. Also im not a gm so its hard to put value on players.

But going of the trade proposals for Luongo, Kadri seemed like a no go. Lu is younger and better (very slightly) then Kipper. So Colbourne could be a good start, but again putting value on prospects and older players is extremly hard (reference the 1000 Luongo threads)

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

I would do it, and I like Grabovski.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:14 PM
DaveT83*

There is not a single player on the flames roster that I would be interested in. LOL

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:19 PM
pdd

Quote:

1) No stajan.

2) No stajan

LOL. You actually, seriously believe this? If this is true, Gunnarsson is the best defenseman on the Leafs. Because when Phaneuf was traded to Toronto, Bouwmeester was Calgary's #1 and Phaneuf was the #2. Just for some perspective there.

Quote:
4) no stajan.
As for Stajan... he's been asked to play in a checking role in Calgary as they had no capable checking centers, and he has done so quite well. But he still is quite offensively talented; he spent some time on the top line last year and did not look out of place. And the last time he was a full time scoring line player, what did he do?

19-38-57 in 82 games split between Calgary and Toronto. A season before that? He scored 15-40-55 in 76 games for the Leafs.

If the Leafs are trading Grabovski for Bouwmeester as the proposal suggests, Toronto is short a scoring line center and Calgary is short a defenseman. Stajan's value is closer to Grabovski's than Gunnarsson's is to Bouwmeester. Hence the Bozak/Backlund swap.

If you really want "no stajan" we can turn it into Bouwmeester/Backlund for Grabovski/Gunnarsson. Or it can be Stempniak instead of Backlund.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:21 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
There is not a single player on the flames roster that I would be interested in. LOL
Three names that jump to my mind as players I would like to add to the Wings are:

Curtis Glencross
Jiri Hudler (should never have been let go)
Jay Bouwmeester

Old
10-28-2012, 10:37 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
It is reasonable to say Kipper is an elite goalie and any return will be good. I think that at his age he is on his last legs. While Kadri is a good prospect just getting into the NHL. So youd be trading 2 years of Kipper for 13+ years of Kadri. Also im not a gm so its hard to put value on players.

But going of the trade proposals for Luongo, Kadri seemed like a no go. Lu is younger and better (very slightly) then Kipper. So Colbourne could be a good start, but again putting value on prospects and older players is extremly hard (reference the 1000 Luongo threads)
While Luo may be younger Kipper has a much easier contract to swallow than Luo does and I wouldn't move Kipper unless the Flames are getting a prospect that is needed I am not that high on Colborne and so I would be looking at Kadri.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Beerfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post

Uh, sure bud.

I think you would be in the minority of Leafs fans with this statement.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Beerfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
While Luo may be younger Kipper has a much easier contract to swallow than Luo does and I wouldn't move Kipper unless the Flames are getting a prospect that is needed I am not that high on Colborne and so I would be looking at Kadri.
Why Kadri? Id want to it to center around a better prospect, even if it meant that the Flames would have to add something else.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 04:57 AM
Man Bear Pig

You don't deal your best center which is a position of weakness for a dman which is a position of strength. Makes zero sense and is flat out awful for the Leafs and that's without even addressing value.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 05:42 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
You don't deal your best center which is a position of weakness for a dman which is a position of strength. Makes zero sense and is flat out awful for the Leafs and that's without even addressing value.
This. Can we close the thread now? Pretty much sums it all up. Not trading our best C.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:42 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Leafs say hell no!

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote