HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cherry Likes Habs Additions - Predicts Playoffs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2012, 03:44 PM
  #1
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,031
vCash: 500
Cherry Likes Habs Additions - Predicts Playoffs

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...681/story.html

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 03:52 PM
  #2
habscup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 500
Cherry praising the habs? Dam the world really is gonna end!

habscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:16 PM
  #3
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,271
vCash: 500
I'm not really sure how he can say PK has changed. He's still the same brash kid that broke into the league, in terms of getting under the skin of the opposition, and yapping.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:19 PM
  #4
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,050
vCash: 500
Didn't read it but is this because we got tougher? Physicality does not mean playoffs. We might make them but not just because we added a bunch of grinders.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:21 PM
  #5
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Didn't read it but is this because we got tougher? Physicality does not mean playoffs. We might make them but not just because we added a bunch of grinders.
That was a part of it, but surprisingly, Cherry's main point was Markov. He proclaimed him to be the key to our success, above all else.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:28 PM
  #6
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
That was a part of it, but surprisingly, Cherry's main point was Markov. He proclaimed him to be the key to our success, above all else.
He's right 100%. Markov is the key. Gauthier took a huge gamble assuming Markov would be ready to go without finding a replacement. Such a shame. Had he not been injured at the start of last year the season would probably have unfolded much differently. People forgot how good Markov really was. Having a true numbr one d-man on a team changes the dynamics completely. Markov was our best player.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 04:28 PM
  #7
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,033
vCash: 500
Barkov, here we come!

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:00 PM
  #8
Bloumeister
Certifiable
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: in a padded cell
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 500

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:08 PM
  #9
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Didn't read it but is this because we got tougher? Physicality does not mean playoffs. We might make them but not just because we added a bunch of grinders.
Those guys will help on the road, but our D is still too small. We don't have one guy with size who could deal with mismatches and, like duh, our biggest rival are a group of gigantic men called the Bruins. Hope to god Tinordi is ready soon.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:08 PM
  #10
Hullois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Québec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He's right 100%. Markov is the key. Gauthier took a huge gamble assuming Markov would be ready to go without finding a replacement. Such a shame. Had he not been injured at the start of last year the season would probably have unfolded much differently. People forgot how good Markov really was. Having a true numbr one d-man on a team changes the dynamics completely. Markov was our best player.
At least he's having the best pre-season there is, and he will be ready whenever these idiots reach a deal.

Hullois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:26 PM
  #11
GordonGraham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,822
vCash: 500
Counting on markov the guy has 1 assist in 6 games

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:32 PM
  #12
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,799
vCash: 2009
Obviously he doesnt realize Markov is staying in Russia because he hates Montreal. Per RDS.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:36 PM
  #13
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Those guys will help on the road, but our D is still too small. We don't have one guy with size who could deal with mismatches and, like duh, our biggest rival are a group of gigantic men called the Bruins. Hope to god Tinordi is ready soon.
Beaulieu is 6'3, Tinordi is 6'7, Ellis is 6'2, Dietz is 6'1, Nash and Pateryn are both 6'3. We have some good sized D prospects in the system, plus Emelin, Gorges, Markov and Subban are all 6'0 or taller.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 05:40 PM
  #14
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
Counting on markov the guy has 1 assist in 6 games
In a goon team.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
  #15
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Those guys will help on the road, but our D is still too small. We don't have one guy with size who could deal with mismatches and, like duh, our biggest rival are a group of gigantic men called the Bruins. Hope to god Tinordi is ready soon.
P.K is built like a total rock and stronger than many people on the bRuins.
Emelin is 6'2 230 LBS only Chara is heavier than that on the Bruins. WHUT NOW


Then their third biggest dman is 205 LBS (Seidenberg..)

WHUT NOW?

If you say they're alot tougher I'd agree. But the size arguments doesnt mean squat.

FYI all their center's are below 195 and Bergeron is the Tallest at 6'2.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 06:12 PM
  #16
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Barkov, here we come!
Could it be that Markov will lead us to Barkov?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 06:33 PM
  #17
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 167
Wow! The lockout must really be getting to his head.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 06:50 PM
  #18
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
This means we're finishing 15th.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:11 PM
  #19
CN_paladin
Registered User
 
CN_paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Cherry might have finally lost faith in the Leafs lol.

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 08:42 PM
  #20
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Didn't read it but is this because we got tougher? Physicality does not mean playoffs. We might make them but not just because we added a bunch of grinders.
That's why you read the article before commenting.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 09:13 PM
  #21
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Barkov, here we come!

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:14 PM
  #22
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,031
vCash: 500
Subban BTW is now listed at 6, 220. he put on 10-15 lbs of muscle this off-season

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:23 PM
  #23
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Those guys will help on the road, but our D is still too small. We don't have one guy with size who could deal with mismatches and, like duh, our biggest rival are a group of gigantic men called the Bruins. Hope to god Tinordi is ready soon.
huh?you mean big like L.A. kings big? or like chicago or vancouver big?oh you must mean big like penguins big.lol.shutup and move on.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2012, 11:37 PM
  #24
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
Counting on markov the guy has 1 assist in 6 games
And Pacioretty was scratched. In Switzerland.

Washed up!

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 04:07 AM
  #25
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Beaulieu is 6'3, Tinordi is 6'7, Ellis is 6'2, Dietz is 6'1, Nash and Pateryn are both 6'3. We have some good sized D prospects in the system, plus Emelin, Gorges, Markov and Subban are all 6'0 or taller.
That's clearly a different Beaulieu that I know of.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.