HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Albany Devils Games

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2012, 06:56 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

vCash: 500
Audio feed is dead for me right now wtf is going on.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Zippy316

All the other ****ing feeds are up except Albany's because some idiot typed it up wrong...

Old
10-27-2012, 07:06 PM
VaxjoDevil

Leach sucks ass.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:07 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
All the other ****ing feeds are up except Albany's because some idiot typed it up wrong...
I am pissed

Old
10-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Nick0930

I'm glad Larsson is playing in the AHL and not out in Sweden. The more games on smaller ice, the better for him and the team.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:13 PM
VaxjoDevil

They just killed off a long 5 on 3.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Leach sucks ass.
Let me guess, he took his gamely stupid penalty?

Old
10-27-2012, 07:19 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
The man skates with cement blocks on he's useless.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:23 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Exactly.

They are getting called a lot tonight. Yayo was close to get a shorthanded. Such speed he came with.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Parise9Crosby87

leach is really bad

Old
10-27-2012, 07:28 PM
VaxjoDevil

Holtby is stealing this game, damn it.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:43 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Leach sucks ass.
Welcome to Albany.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:54 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post
Welcome to Albany.
I

Old
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Holtby is stealing this game, damn it.
Did you see the playoffs last year?

You shouldn't be surprised that Holtby would steal this game.

Old
10-27-2012, 09:19 PM
battlingBard56

I was reading the twitter feed and as soon as I saw Holbty mentioned in almost every tweet I was like "Welp..." Sounding like Albany showed a great effort tonight though.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Now this is interesting. One can actually change the audio feed to the away announcer and I did that. They were just saying that Devils has all that firepower in front but the guy standing out to them was Adam Larsson. It is true he has been really good so far, nice to hear other people impressed with him.
I'm glad to hear Larsson is impressing. That's exactly what he should be doing at the AHL level, proving he is a man among the boys. Hopefully this chance to excel against lesser competition will help develop him into a better player when the NHL is back in session, similar to the way many 2003 draftees benefited from the extra development time they got during the 2004 lockout.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I didn't watch any of the game, but when I saw the score I saw 35 shot shutout. Then I saw it was Braden Holtby that Caps goaltender in last years playoffs. He came one game away from meeting us in the ECF this Spring. He also was probably the main reason the Caps looked mediocre all season, but drastically improved when he started playing regularly, and got to game 7 of the second round of the playoffs.

Our team, and offense just hasn't looked very consistent yet. And Josefson can't score every game.

Old
10-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
Watched both games this week end.
Great game on friday, solid Devils hockey. Josefson and Pesonen were excellent, Larsson as usual. Frazee was very solid.

On saturday, Tedenby was the best forward, created a lot with great hussle. They had tons of chances but Holtby was awesome. Kinkaid had a good game but they took too many penalties (hello Jay Leach).

Old
10-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Didn't Sutter have Leach up a few times playing him top minutes in a few games? Maybe I'm wrong on first minutes, but I remember him playing like a dumbo bonehead, and Sutter making a bunch of excuses for him in the post game press conferences. That was during the Marty injury, and I think early in it when Clemmensen, and Weekes looked like Federal League goaltenders still.

Good thing we have enough depth on D so at the very least we never have to worry about seeing Leach seeing NHL ice for us ever again.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Didn't Sutter have Leach up a few times playing him top minutes in a few games? Maybe I'm wrong on first minutes, but I remember him playing like a dumbo bonehead, and Sutter making a bunch of excuses for him in the post game press conferences. That was during the Marty injury, and I think early in it when Clemmensen, and Weekes looked like ECHL goaltenders still.

Good thing we have enough depth on D so at the very least we never have to worry about seeing Leach seeing NHL ice for us ever again.
He's not atrocious, but he often times takes stupid penalties. They aren't even like retailiations, they are stupid mistakes you'd see an aggressive rookie trying to prove himself make. He will hit or shove guys for absolutely no reason, and get a penalty doing so. His play is decent, and I'm assuming he is a very good locker room guy, but its the penalties that aggravate me the most.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
He's not atrocious, but he often times takes stupid penalties. They aren't even like retailiations, they are stupid mistakes you'd see an aggressive rookie trying to prove himself make. He will hit or shove guys for absolutely no reason, and get a penalty doing so. His play is decent, and I'm assuming he is a very good locker room guy, but its the penalties that aggravate me the most.
Maybe he's a good AHL guy, but there's a reason he's 35, and an AHL lifer! Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just couldn't stand him in the NHL. Sutter coddled him a little bit too.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:51 PM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
This really is the impression I got also after the games watched so far. His timing with those penalties is impeccably at the worst time possible.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
Yep : in saturday's game, Albany just killed a penalty and he took another stupid one. Not what to expect from a captain and veteran player.
I don't like his play, I found his passing poor, bad choices, beaten easily with speed and most, stupid penalties at a bad time.

At this point, I liked more McPherson and Hrabarenka, both rookies, showing a lot more. Kelly isn't that bad either.
(of course, Larsson is far above the rest : calm, poised, great stickhandling, and passing... what a player !)

Old
10-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belizarius View Post
Yep : in saturday's game, Albany just killed a penalty and he took another stupid one. Not what to expect from a captain and veteran player.
I don't like his play, I found his passing poor, bad choices, beaten easily with speed and most, stupid penalties at a bad time.

At this point, I liked more McPherson and Hrabarenka, both rookies, showing a lot more. Kelly isn't that bad either.
(of course, Larsson is far above the rest : calm, poised, great stickhandling, and passing... what a player !)
McPherson played well. I still loved him dumping Rinaldo in the corner a good time after he got rid of the puck, he put like a WWE slam on him there. He didn't do it to late, read Jay Leach, but he did it long enough afterwards to not get a penalty but also make it known that he was solely doing it to get back at Rinaldo.Kelly looks fine, he's good at defending with his stick, but he is slow. He makes up for it with his stickwork but often times he gets beat to the outside, a couple times he's recovered with poke checks though.

I do like Hrabarenka. He skates pretty well for a big man and is a good all-around guy. Reminds me a lot of Fayne, especially the whiffing of one-timers and missing passes and stuff. He has time to work on it, but he could be a nice bottom-pairing defenseman in the future.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Big game tonight. Tonight we've got the team that embarrassed us last week Connecticut. And then Saturday on the road we got the team we embarrassed last week Adirondack.

Closed Thread