HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Albany Devils Games

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

vCash: 500
I'd put Larsson with one of those guys when they come back to the lineup. That's probably the least of the problems though. Albany has 1 goal on like 106 shots I think? In the last 3 games. 0 for 14 on the PP in the last two games alone. 0 for 7 a piece, and obviously no PP goals against Hershey last weekend cause they were shut out. One PP was a 5 on 3 for a minute forty, not to mention they had another full 5 on 4 right before that. 2 PP's in OT back to back last game against Connecticut too. So they're going like 4 or 5 consecutive PP minutes at times without scoring. They had some botched odd man rushes tonight as well. Hard to say who sucks, and who doesn't only going by the radio, and without being able to see it. Mcpherson, and Corrente were names constantly coming with turnovers, and other stupid decisions.

I loved the Butler signing, and won't consider it a failure. What does seem like a failure though is Henrique, and Butler on the same line. It's like the Fayne/Tallinder defense pairing with the NHL Devils last year. Seems like a nightmare, and constant heartburn of linemates. Not that I give a damn about Corrente, but I do hope when Gelinas, and Urbom come back out of the lineup Corrente goes. I wish we let him walk through RFA, and re signed Taormina. He's clearly never gonna play for us in the NHL so I don't see why he's some sacred keeper.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
wow albany sucks

Old
11-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
wow albany sucks
Yes they have been. It's not even like they don't have enough scoring. They just don't have any scoring right now. I can't expect Josefson to score every game, but with the additions of Henrique who completely dominated the AHL two years ago, and Butler who was pretty dominant for Binghamton, as well as both showing some promise at the NHL level(Henrique to a much larger extent) they've been non factors most nights.

Some people have compared it to Maclean's Devils. Outshoot, and outpossess the opposition, have constant breakdowns in the defensive zone, choke on PP after PP, and get beaten by multiple goals. Maybe Albany could use Johnny Mac though. After all he was the coach up there(Lowell) last time this team had a winning record.

Really though who is even on this team from that year? Frazee, Corrente, and Leach? Part of me wants to see Little G on the team. He has nowhere to play, and if the lockout goes on he won't get a job overseas I bet. I think Gelinas would help big time. The PP probably wouldn't suck as bad.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Parise9Crosby87

i feel like albany should be doing alot better i haven't watched the last 2-3 games though

Old
11-04-2012, 08:26 AM
engy

vCash: 50
It's still funny how some people thought Albany was going to win the Calder Cup this year.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:37 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by engy View Post
It's still funny how some people thought Albany was going to win the Calder Cup this year.
It's like people forgot how all the other teams would get better too The injuries certainly don't help, nor does the fact that someone like Henrique is kinda just cruising out there (which is fine with me BTW).

Old
11-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

I'm not concerned with Henrique. I'm more concerned with Butler who I doubt is cruising out there. He doesn't have an NHL spot locked up the second this lockout ends like like Henrique, Josefson, or Larsson do. Butler has been pretty bad, and there have been a bunch of guys better who won't even sniff NHL ice unless half the team gets food poisoning or the flu. I want Butler to do well, because I want both him, and Tedenby on the team. If he isn't on the team the chances of one of Janssen, or Barch plays nightly or at least to start the season increase, unless we re sign Sykie or trade someone for else.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
They definitely have more quality players on their roster, but unfortunately everyone else loaded up with more talent too.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

I think we need Cam in Albany. Not saying that just cause I don't want him on the NHL team either. Rinaldo has been in the lineup for Adirondack, and Haley for Connecticut. Rinaldo sounded like he was having his way with some of our guys last night, and he definitely was last week when we played him. The game he scored the penalty shot goal!

Old
11-04-2012, 04:53 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Still can't believe they had 6 PP's and did practically NOTHING with them.

If that happened with the Big Devils, we'd all be breathing fire right now.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
I am pretty sure Albany is poorly coached by the games I seen. They have the depth to run 4 good two way lines. The PP has to be part bad luck as well.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Albany needs a head coach!

Old
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Bring back Maclean!

Old
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Still can't believe they had 6 PP's and did practically NOTHING with them.

If that happened with the Big Devils, we'd all be breathing fire right now.
Actually it's been 14+ PP's. 7 each the last 2 games. However many PP's they got against Hershey too cause obviously since they were shut out, they didn't score then either.

To give the run down again 2 of these PP's were in OT on Friday against Connecticut. One started in the 3rd, but carried over. Then another one right after that lasted the duration of the OT or right before it ended at least. A 5 on 3 last night for a minute forty seconds. Back to back PP's around that time so that's like two straight games where they had 4 minutes of consecutive PP time. Butler hit the post twice in OT on the PP against Connecticut.

Perhaps it is coaching. I don't understand how a pissant goon that's worthless in the NHL like Rinaldo gets multiple breakaway opportunities in the AHL. Yet our team has more legit talent(Henrique, Josefson) and scores one goal in 3 games.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:37 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

^ I bet if Sykie was there, he'd tear the league up.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:41 AM
elias026

Quote:
^ I bet if Sykie was there, he'd tear the league up.
since he is a UFA couldn't he sign with Albany?

Old
11-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Albany needs a head coach!
Lou should have DeBoer pick someone who will run his system properly and train up the rookies in the right way to play it. It helps immensely when young players are already familiar with the big club's system.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:41 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
since he is a UFA couldn't he sign with Albany?
I think he could but as you read above in the article, his deadline is December where he will make a decision. Not exactly Lebron James here but it's an important decision for himself and his family.

On the one hand, if he signs with a Euro-team, he'll get some good coin out of it BUT he'd have to play the entire season there.

On the other hand, if he signs with Albany, the money is pitiful but at the same time, I'm not too sure he would be forced to play an entire season there. Plus, he wouldn't have to uproot his family.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Gonna have to listen tonight. Ever since NBA season started I notice they haven't had as many, if any AHL games on atdhenet.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:35 PM
VaxjoDevil

I would suggest buying the stream from theahl.com it's 7 bucks for pretty good quality.

I will miss this one, going to watch Princeton Tigers vs Cornell at Hobey Baker Arena. College hockey is wild and fun.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
I would suggest buying the stream from theahl.com it's 7 bucks for pretty good quality.

I will miss this one, going to watch Princeton Tigers vs Cornell at Hobey Baker Arena. College hockey is wild and fun.
$7 bucks a game right? Eh I'm fine with listening.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:59 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

^ If only it was 7 bucks a season.....

Old
11-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
^ If only it was 7 bucks a season.....
It's actually more for a season(If I read this right) than NHL game center. My computer is fine, but it isn't super reliable, and sometimes has aneurysms, and skips when a live video is playing. That's why I get center ice, and not game center.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

7.5 minutes into the game, Devils on the PP, and no shots on goal yet for the Devils.

Kinkaid in net.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Parise9Crosby87

no streams?

Closed Thread