HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
2 goal night for Hudon (one empty-netter)

Old
11-21-2012, 08:19 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure RNH won't be playing in the WJC. Also, who would you put instead of Siemens?
Reinhart, by a mile.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well, I'm pretty sure RNH won't be playing in the WJC. Also, who would you put instead of Siemens?
The Blades have a couple of Hab prospects on defence I'd like to see at the WJC's.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:26 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Huberdeau - Scheifele - Strome
Hudon - Jenner - Rattie
Monahan - MacKinnon - DiGiussepe
Danault - McNeil - Wilson
Lowry/Ritchie

Rielly - Harrington
Ouellet - Hamilton
Siemens - Murphy
Dumba

Subban
Brossoit
Binnington

Waddya guys think?
Not bad, but Hudon will surely play with Danault with a guy like Rattie to make a gritty shutdown line. I dont think wilson will make it either. And probably Siemens will be replaced

Old
11-21-2012, 08:32 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Reinhart, by a mile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
Not bad, but Hudon will surely play with Danault with a guy like Rattie to make a gritty shutdown line. I dont think wilson will make it either. And probably Siemens will be replaced
Reinhart is definitely a far better player than Siemens and Hudon would look great on that line wearing Gold at the finish.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:57 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Awesome Nygren hit [first video on the left]:
http://www.farjestadbk.se/trupp/FBK/3182

Old
11-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Looked like a strong hockey play.

Old
11-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Et le But

Quote:
He's come a long way.

Old
11-22-2012, 04:42 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=69&videoID=116318

Old
11-22-2012, 06:01 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Link to todays game for Pribyl's team,

http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/index.php?bpaId=75037

Kristo was named WCHA player of the week for last weekend where he had 5 pts in 2 games.

Old
11-22-2012, 06:18 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
my french ain't the greatest.

anything we don't already know?

Old
11-22-2012, 06:22 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Kristo was named WCHA player of the week for last weekend where he had 5 pts in 2 games.
Really like your reports, Montreal. Great reads. Never considered Mac a legit prospect till now.

So what are some realistic expectations for MacMillan and Kristo in terms of NHL upside? Besides size, what else could hinder Kristo and I guess Mac for that matter?

Just seeing from the highlights, Kristo does seem to work hard out there. Thanks!

Old
11-22-2012, 06:34 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
my french ain't the greatest.

anything we don't already know?
My french is non-existant, I just saw this link on my FB wall and posted it here

Old
11-22-2012, 06:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Really like your reports, Montreal. Great reads. Never considered Mac a legit prospect till now.

So what are some realistic expectations for MacMillan and Kristo in terms of NHL upside? Besides size, what else could hinder Kristo and I guess Mac for that matter?

Just seeing from the highlights, Kristo does seem to work hard out there. Thanks!
thanks. MacMillan had a solid Freshman year but he's taking it to another level this season as he's finding ways to consistently produce points while playing a high tempo game as he's very involved in the play. It's hard to say what his NHL upside is until he fills out his frame more and improves overall strength, especially lower body. But he's got the smarts, work ethic, offensive skills and some interesting physical abilities (speed/skating) so there's a lot to like. But it's hard to say how he would do if he doesn't get stronger/bigger. Right now though he continues to make good progress so hopefully he keeps it up as he's a fun player to watch and could turn into something good for us down the road.

Kristo is also a treat to watch since he's highly skilled and very fast. I personally think he could end up a solid top 6 NHLer but I would wait and see how he adjusts to the pro game as he lack of size/strength are a bit of a concern, plus he's had problems with consistency, along with questions about not being mature or committed enough, in addition he clear does some dumb things off the ice which hopefully is a thing of the past now that the Habs staff have been working with him.

With his speed and offensive skills, Kristo makes things happen and can dominate a game when he wants to, but the question will be how he adapts at the next level. Since he can have a high compete level in the offensive zone at times, and has the skills to go with it (he's an excellent passer but also likes to shoot the puck and he can deke players with ease) I think he's a legit top prospect for us but we'll see how it goes for him in the AHL next year.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:00 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...r-modo-for-khk

Erik Nyström loaned to Allsvenskan team Karlskrona.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...r-modo-for-khk

Erik Nyström loaned to Allsvenskan team Karlskrona.
One of the bottom teams, he should get some icetime there.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:14 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
thanks. MacMillan had a solid Freshman year but he's taking it to another level this season as he's finding ways to consistently produce points while playing a high tempo game as he's very involved in the play. It's hard to say what his NHL upside is until he fills out his frame more and improves overall strength, especially lower body. But he's got the smarts, work ethic, offensive skills and some interesting physical abilities (speed/skating) so there's a lot to like. But it's hard to say how he would do if he doesn't get stronger/bigger. Right now though he continues to make good progress so hopefully he keeps it up as he's a fun player to watch and could turn into something good for us down the road.

Kristo is also a treat to watch since he's highly skilled and very fast. I personally think he could end up a solid top 6 NHLer but I would wait and see how he adjusts to the pro game as he lack of size/strength are a bit of a concern, plus he's had problems with consistency, along with questions about not being mature or committed enough, in addition he clear does some dumb things off the ice which hopefully is a thing of the past now that the Habs staff have been working with him.

With his speed and offensive skills, Kristo makes things happen and can dominate a game when he wants to, but the question will be how he adapts at the next level. Since he can have a high compete level in the offensive zone at times, and has the skills to go with it (he's an excellent passer but also likes to shoot the puck and he can deke players with ease) I think he's a legit top prospect for us but we'll see how it goes for him in the AHL next year.
Awesome thanks! Yeah I should've said besides his size and off ice issues.

One thing I don't like is that NCAA don't play a lot of games and that usually means they have more time to get bigger and I don't know if Kristo's taken full advantage of that. Saying that, he still has time and he seems fairly strong for his size.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:19 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
One of the bottom teams, he should get some icetime there.
Sweet! So is management reading this site? Don't know whether they have say in these overseas matters but somebody seems to be on top of both Collberg and Nystrom's respective development situations.

Is Nystrom still a long shot for the WJCs?

Old
11-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Quote:
Sweet! So is management reading this site? Don't know whether they have say in these overseas matters but somebody seems to be on top of both Collberg and Nystrom's respective development situations.

Is Nystrom still a long shot for the WJCs?
Not just a long shot, he's out of the question.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:17 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
Not just a long shot, he's out of the question.
Too bad.

have you seen him play? any thoughts?

Old
11-22-2012, 08:58 AM
S Bah

Quote:
He's got a beautiful one-timer it's in the net by the time the goalie starts looking his way over and over and over etc.on that ability alone he stands out from most hockey players.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Quote:
Too bad.

have you seen him play? any thoughts?
Nyström has spent the entire season with the junior team and I've watched a majority of their home games. While he still is arguably the most skilled player on the team with great skating, hands and hockey IQ, he's also by far the most selfish player on the team. He holds on to the puck for too long, he always tries to make that extra deke (often in dangerous situations) and don't really put much effort in his defensive game at all.

This combined with ruomored attitude problems seem to have cemented him on the junior team while several other junior players have been "called up" to the senior team for both practise and SEL action.

He has however started to play a bit more team-oriented lately, and the fact that Modo now is giving him the opportunity to play professional hockey in the 2nd tier league might indicate a change in attitude.

This should be a good move for Nyström anyway though since he's obviously to skilled to actually make any progress as a player in the Swedish junior leagues. Battling physically superior opponents in a men's league is probably exactly what he (and his ego) needs to develop.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:41 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
Nyström has spent the entire season with the junior team and I've watched a majority of their home games. While he still is arguably the most skilled player on the team with great skating, hands and hockey IQ, he's also by far the most selfish player on the team. He holds on to the puck for too long, he always tries to make that extra deke (often in dangerous situations) and don't really put much effort in his defensive game at all.

This combined with ruomored attitude problems seem to have cemented him on the junior team while several other junior players have been "called up" to the senior team for both practise and SEL action.

He has however started to play a bit more team-oriented lately, and the fact that Modo now is giving him the opportunity to play professional hockey in the 2nd tier league might indicate a change in attitude.

This should be a good move for Nyström anyway though since he's obviously to skilled to actually make any progress as a player in the Swedish junior leagues. Battling physically superior opponents in a men's league is probably exactly what he (and his ego) needs to develop.
Thanks Fregus, much appreciated!

Old
11-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Ah, nice to see Nystrom head to the Allsvenskan, clearly had nothing more to learn with the J20 team.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Et le But

Should probably have happened a while ago, playing against inferior competition for too long is a great way to develop an ego and bad habits. I think that's what slowed down Beaulieu the last year in the CHL.

Hopefully Nystrom gets a wake up call.

Closed Thread