HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2012, 11:51 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Great write up on the draft eligible OHL prospects posted by Brock over on the prospects board.
I recommend that everyone checks it out here: http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...nhl-draft.html

It certainly doesn't hurt that my top 10 is the exact same as his
Interesting and relevant, from the article:

Quote:
Funny story. Two years on my first list, I had Mark Scheifele at number 17. Last year on my first list, I had Radek Faksa at number 17. Both ended up being lottery selections. Needless to say, it's early folks. So who's number 17 on my list this year?
Quote:
17. Jordan Subban - Belleville Bulls
Hmmm...!

Old
10-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I don't want another Subban:

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1017730

Old
10-30-2012, 06:46 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
This deserves its own thread! (possibly even on mainboard... ah on second thought nm, lots of locked threads that mhave much to do about nothing)

LOL at lil gionatas trick or treating.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
I absolutely want another Subban .

Old
10-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Kind of intrigued by Frederick Gauthier. 6'4, skates like the wind and has 20 pts in 17 games and is +12.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:02 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Kind of intrigued by Frederick Gauthier. 6'4, skates like the wind and has 20 pts in 17 games and is +12.
An interesting option for a second or third rounder for sure. Apparantly he uses his size as well since he massacres people along his way.

Damn its been a while since there were so many legit prospects from Quebec.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
An interesting option for a second or third rounder for sure. Apparantly he uses his size as well since he massacres people along his way.

Damn its been a while since there were so many legit prospects from Quebec.
Of all the porjections I've seen, Gauthier is between 15th to 25th. I don't see him going past the early second round, unless he has a major collapse.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Anthony Mantha is my early favorite.

6p3, 200 lbs, power forward, good skater and good shot.

Craig Button said that he reminds him of a young James Neal.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:36 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
November 95 birthday, so no.

And that Carrier goal was sweet.

The Q LW's in this draft are something else:

Drouin
Carrier
Erne
Duclair
Mantha

Really hoping we can get one of them.
While Mantha is a lefty, I believe he plays on the RW.

Quote:
I just went to search for it on RDS too and couldn't find it. I'm not trying to make things up here but I remember very well it was an interview after the 1st day of draft. If I find it, I'll put the link right away.

I couldn't find the video after the 1st day of the draft when Leroux was interviewed but here's the link to his blogue that day and he got criticized by everyone and I reread his replies and damn, this guy is so stupid. When he tries to redeem himself, he brings out the argument "Qu'est-ce que vous en savez? ... C'est mon travail à temps plein, etc" like he thinks he can bring down other people's opinion by downgrading them..lame.

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/17.../143253/public
I don't think Leroux was downgrading them but rather asking them whether or not they even saw Teravainen play, which is a legit question. Remember that his credibility was questioned a lot for that blog by the lads on LeGrandClub. He was fiercely defending it. It was a gut feeling, I don't hold anything against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
KURT ETCHEGARY is out for the season. What risk do you see his injuries to be? And to which round would you consider drafting him since he'll lost this season? I find the guy pretty interesting despite the injuries unless a doctor tells me to not touch the guy....

But he's the type of guy that if he plays within his limits (read: Don't fight, especially not big guys....), might make a head scout look like a genius for taking a risk choosing him. Still wonder which round though.....
He's a guy I'd be ready to draft in the 4th round and up. Kind of guy you win with. Reminds me a lot of Max Talbot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Shinkaruk had a 4 point night. That gives him 9 points in the past 2 games
Looks like he can produce without Etem. Good to see.

Quote:
Anyone here agrees we should draft Fucale (or another good goaltender) with a second rounder, if available? It might be wise to draft one for insurance. Goaltenders usually take time to develop as well, so its not like we can say ''Carey Price is still young!'', Price would be like 30+ years old when that newly drafted goalie starts playing backup, which is ideal.

As for Jordan Subban : we definitely should draft him if we have the opportunity and no clearly better players are available with that pick. We have good defense depth but of the entire group of young defensemen only Subban&Beaulieu appear to have the offensive acumen to play on an NHL powerplay. Ellis, Tinordi, Thrower are mostly defensive defensemen prospects.
I love Fucale, but there's no way he goes through the 1st round. Certainly the best goalie prospect the 'Q has seen in a while.

Also, I know he's underrated on these boards, but Mac Bennett is a very good prospects for us. And Dietz looks to have an NHL potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Saw him play when Rimouski was in town.

He's impressive, especially for a rookie.

It was the first game of the year and he was on the 2nd line, I believe he is now on their 1st line.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 10-31-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old
10-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Et le But

So it this years Q class a sign of improved Quebec development or a something of a fluke? I'm leaning toward the latter to an extent but it's nice to see this talent level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Anthony Mantha is my early favorite.

6p3, 200 lbs, power forward, good skater and good shot.

Craig Button said that he reminds him of a young James Neal.
Neal is a good comparison..not sure if he's a top 10 talent but he has everything we need...

Old
10-31-2012, 12:32 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
So it this years Q class a sign of improved Quebec development or a something of a fluke? I'm leaning toward the latter to an extent but it's nice to see this talent level.
I would say it's a fluke. It's a special year. There are still lots of problems within Hockey Québec.

Prep school leagues are being created to fill those holes and we will begin to see more and more kids go towards that route if they don't fix the problems.

2014 draft prospect Raphaël Maheux is one of the first to come out of the Ulysse program.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I would say it's a fluke. It's a special year. There are still lots of problems within Hockey Québec.

Prep school leagues are being created to fill those holes and we will begin to see more and more kids go towards that route if they don't fix the problems.

2014 draft prospect Raphaël Maheux is one of the first to come out of the Ulysse program.
Yeah, I figured this years Q class came out of nowhere, especially since I'm not hearing much about high end prospects following next year.

Still, good to hear more alternatives are popping up so there's not a reliance on Hockey Québec.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:49 AM
onice

Quote:
Jeeze, if he was doing the weather I'd watch it every time. PK is great!

Old
10-31-2012, 09:50 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
While Mantha is a lefty, I believe he plays on the RW.
While he's listed as a RW on the Foreurs site, when I saw him a couple of weeks ago he was playing left wing. Guess he's adept at both.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:09 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
While he's listed as a RW on the Foreurs site, when I saw him a couple of weeks ago he was playing left wing. Guess he's adept at both.
In my viewings he's also played RW on the PP.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:40 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
Of all the porjections I've seen, Gauthier is between 15th to 25th. I don't see him going past the early second round, unless he has a major collapse.
He's a possible second round steal then. In such a deep draft there will be great players in the second round.

If you look at all projections there are far more than 30 guys projected to be first rounders.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
He's a possible second round steal then. In such a deep draft there will be great players in the second round.

If you look at all projections there are far more than 30 guys projected to be first rounders.
Very poor chance he makes it to the 2nd imo

Old
10-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Very poor chance he makes it to the 2nd imo
It's hard to tell at this point, the draft looks deep so it would only take a small blip for a guy like that to drop.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

It will be interesting to see where our 2nds end up. The habs would have the assets to acquire another 1st.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
If as expected the NHL postpones the season on Friday,the only thing left on the board for fans is how the 2013 draft selection will be determined.I know this isn't as important as getting back to playing NHL hockey,but when the season is cancelled the first order of business should be the 2013 draft.Giving all the teams time to decide on their choices and the fans all sorts of time to make ours.Now if the Habs lose out this year on the lottery selections there is a silver lining in that they may have an opportunity to draft Connor McDavid in the 2015 draft.It will be at least three years before our draft prospects arrive in the NHL and then the Habs will be playing with a rookie lineup.So who knows by that time the Oilers,NYIs,Bluejackets and Minnesota Wild could be the Powerhouse teams in the NHL.Anyway you cut it I will be content watching the Hamilton Bulldogs this year,Rochester Americans in back to back games Friday & Saturday.Buffalo Sabres farm team loaded with Cody Hodgson,Marcus Foligno,Zemgus Girgensons,Luke Adam,Mark Pysyk,Brayden McNabb,Jerome Gauthier-Leduc and Alex Biega.The Northwest division leaders against our Bulldogs 4th place tied with Toronto Marlies.The Bulldogs are in tough against all of the AHL teams due to the NHL Lockout but can only get better,the same as the Habs.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:16 PM
pcamp

My guess is one of those 2nd round pick will be used for a goalie, surely hopes Martin is still there as he is putting unreal numbers with an average team in the OHL. And one will probably be used for a gritty/big forward with top 6 upside probably Mantha/Gauthier or Dickinson(havent seen him play too much).

Old
10-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
My guess is one of those 2nd round pick will be used for a goalie, surely hopes Martin is still there as he is putting unreal numbers with an average team in the OHL. And one will probably be used for a gritty/big forward with top 6 upside probably Mantha/Gauthier or Dickinson(havent seen him play too much).
My guess is the 2nd round picks are used 1 for each spot. Would be kind of neat if true, but we really do need a goalie prospect. I wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed 2. One early and maybe one in the later rounds.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:45 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
It will be interesting to see where our 2nds end up. The habs would have the assets to acquire another 1st.
Will there really be much difference between a late 1st and a 2nd rounder?

I'd rather keep the 4 picks in the 60 first selections.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:15 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
My choice for the Habs 6th round is Sam Henley from Val d'Or Foreurs he is 6'5" and 200lbs RW,capable of offence 7 goals and 8 assists for 15 pts.in 16 games this season.My choice for the 3rd round if available is Samuel Morin LD-6'7" 203 lbs. from Rimouski another stay at home type dman to complement all of the RD's that the Habs have coming that are PMD's.

Last edited by S Bah: 11-01-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old
11-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Habssupporter

Quote:
Will there really be much difference between a late 1st and a 2nd rounder?

I'd rather keep the 4 picks in the 60 first selections.
I agree, i'd use a second rounder to move up with our first round pick if a certain player is within our reach but after the 20ish first picks, there is a lot of depth and im very happy we have three second rounders because we could get a lot of talent out of these picks

Closed Thread