HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2012, 09:34 AM
  #826
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,657
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
If we go quebec players all the way we could also consider players like Laurent Dauphin and Emile Poirier for our 2nd round picks.

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 09:36 AM
  #827
AJMHABS
25days!! New life
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Would you trade our 2nd pick to move up 1 spot ? or 2 spot ?
Btw, how many 2nd-round picks do we have in the next draft ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Only if it means moving into the top 7. After that no.
2014? I think one.

And I think the Habs do it, to get someone they really want but, as much as I want them to move in the top 5-top 10 (if were unlucky) without giving up too much, I don't think there will be many teams will bite.

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 09:37 AM
  #828
AJMHABS
25days!! New life
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Bergevin is often here in <Chicoutimi with his pal Marc Fortier (Sags GM)

expect a late 2nd or 3rd round pick spent on Laurent Dauphin. He'll be a steal.
He could be keeping up with Charles Hudon...

But him scouting Dauphin is pretty likely as well.

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 09:37 AM
  #829
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
If we go quebec players all the way we could also consider players like Laurent Dauphin and Emile Poirier for our 2nd round picks.
Dauphin is a gazillion times better then Poirier, who should be a 5th round or later, if drafted.

CH4 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
  #830
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
He could be keeping up with Charles Hudon...

But him scouting Dauphin is pretty likely as well.
He definately is.

From my place I clearly see him. every time Hudon makes a nice play or scores he stand up and high five Fortier.

but coming to see Hudon I'm pretty sure he noticed the consistency and talent of Dauphin. He is a little under the radar now and the habs probably hopes he stay that way.

CH4 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:03 AM
  #831
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
If we go quebec players all the way we could also consider players like Laurent Dauphin and Emile Poirier for our 2nd round picks.
We should go BPA all the way, regardless of nationality.

I expect a couple of Q based gems to make it to later rounds though, so I'm optimistic we will get at least a few nice Quebecois prospects without having to play politics. I trust Timmins and Bergevin are watching guys like Dauphin closely.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
  #832
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Would you trade our 2nd pick to move up 1 spot ? or 2 spot ?
Btw, how many 2nd-round picks do we have in the next draft ?
We have 3. Hopefully Bergevin is ready to move one or two of them to have a top8 pick.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:48 AM
  #833
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
We should go BPA all the way, regardless of nationality.

I expect a couple of Q based gems to make it to later rounds though, so I'm optimistic we will get at least a few nice Quebecois prospects without having to play politics. I trust Timmins and Bergevin are watching guys like Dauphin closely.
I fully agree with you. But, let's just say that this year is different for the Q, a bunch of quality prospects, that could fill a couple of holes at the same time. I'll always trust Timmins, but I wouldn't mind the 4 first picks to look like S Bah said.

Vasculio is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:49 AM
  #834
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,476
vCash: 500
A look at Barkov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6z0f...&feature=g-u-u

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:51 AM
  #835
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Dauphin is a gazillion times better then Poirier, who should be a 5th round or later, if drafted.
Poirier is a more complete player. Dauphin ir more one dimensional. Another nice Q winger is Roy of BB.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 12:39 PM
  #836
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Simply phenomenhal

ficohok* is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 12:48 PM
  #837
AJMHABS
25days!! New life
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Sick moves and a sick no look pass

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:05 PM
  #838
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Damn, so strong on the puck, only 17... kid will be a monster once he gets bigger (already big, I know... )

Vasculio is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:39 PM
  #839
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He's such a complete player. If he tears up the WJC I could see him going 1st.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 06:31 PM
  #840
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Damn, so strong on the puck, only 17... kid will be a monster once he gets bigger (already big, I know... )
Longer video. Great puck protection skills and good straight line speed for a guy his size.


Playmaker09 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 07:12 PM
  #841
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,796
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Dauphin is a gazillion times better then Poirier, who should be a 5th round or later, if drafted.
Dauphin would be a good choice,also for the 3rd round either of LD-Samuel Morin of Rimouski or RW Samuel Henley of Val d'Or.Both Morin and Henley being huge players capable of being NHLers in 3-4yrs.+.More is Better!

S Bah is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 07:24 PM
  #842
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
I could watch that assist all day.

Monahan is my favourite player for this draft, but Barkov is slowly winning me over. He has to be one of the most complete players I've ever seen at his age. Plus he's a Habs fan .

Here's a highlight video of his points this season:


That is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 09:51 PM
  #843
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I could watch that assist all day.

Monahan is my favourite player for this draft, but Barkov is slowly winning me over. He has to be one of the most complete players I've ever seen at his age. Plus he's a Habs fan .

Here's a highlight video of his points this season:

Love the way he crashes the net at the right moment. We need that.

JAVO16 is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:14 PM
  #844
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,796
vCash: 50
The WJHC's should be the highlight of this year for hockey,Team Canada will have great goaltending,defence and plenty of offence.Drouin and MacKinnon being a huge part of the offence,who knows by the end of the Tournament they could be #'s 1 & 2.I'm really hoping the NHL plays by New Year's,that giving the Hab fans the chance of a lottery pick in the Top Five.Drafting a top five Francophone star like Johnathan Drouin to help lead the Montreal Canadiens for the next generation would rekindle the fiery spirits of all the lifelong Hab fans.The thought of a Montreal Canadiens team without a Francophone star such as Howie Morenz,Aurel Joliat,Maurice Richard,Jean Beliveau,Guy Lafleur or Vincent Damphousse just doesn't seem right.The team may as well be named the Kamloops Canadians without Francophone players on the team,I'm Welsh born but I've always been a Hab fan since living in Longueuil in the 50's.It's time to build a team with a great mix or multi-cultural players that can bring the fans the 25th Stanley Cup.Another SC Parade for Montreal to ring in the new Millennium by 2015-2016,let's get the puck rolling and bring back Firewagon Hockey.

S Bah is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:23 PM
  #845
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Bergevin is often here in <Chicoutimi with his pal Marc Fortier (Sags GM)

expect a late 2nd or 3rd round pick spent on Laurent Dauphin. He'll be a steal.
Good to hear, picking him up in the 3rd would be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
If we go quebec players all the way we could also consider players like Laurent Dauphin and Emile Poirier for our 2nd round picks.
Right now Poirier in my mind is a 4th round guy, but things could change.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:30 PM
  #846
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
The Habs have always had elite Quebecois talent because of scouting and development more than going out of the way for Quebec players over all else. It's no coincidence the decline coincided with the growth of European and American NHLers and a decline in Quebec player development - Quebec is no longer the talent mecca it was, and we shouldn't focus entirely on one nationality when building a team.

The next generation of great Habs Francophones will come more than anything else from Bergevin improving our player development to what it once was and ensuring every corner of Quebec is scouted. Hopefully we continue to get steals in later rounds like Hudon with great upside.

Drouin is a very nice prospect but if the Habs have an opportunity to draft Barkov and Lindholm and pick Drouin, I will be suspicious of the reasons. I could be wrong, Drouin could surpass everyone in this draft but I think Barkov is something special. A core of Galchenyuk and Barkov will make us set for over a decade.

Of course the reality is we will probably end up with neither.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
  #847
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Habs have always had elite Quebecois talent because of scouting and development more than going out of the way for Quebec players over all else. It's no coincidence the decline coincided with the growth of European and American NHLers and a decline in Quebec player development - Quebec is no longer the talent mecca it was, and we shouldn't focus entirely on one nationality when building a team.

The next generation of great Habs Francophones will come more than anything else from Bergevin improving our player development to what it once was and ensuring every corner of Quebec is scouted. Hopefully we continue to get steals in later rounds like Hudon with great upside.

Drouin is a very nice prospect but if the Habs have an opportunity to draft Barkov and Lindholm and pick Drouin, I will be suspicious of the reasons. I could be wrong, Drouin could surpass everyone in this draft but I think Barkov is something special. A core of Galchenyuk and Barkov will make us set for over a decade.

Of course the reality is we will probably end up with neither.
Even if Drouin could go 1st overall? http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2012/...nathan-drouin/

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:57 PM
  #848
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Even if Drouin could go 1st overall? http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2012/...nathan-drouin/
The Drouin vs Mackinnon issue is interesting...like Gally and Yakupov last year I think it's unfair to attack one because they play with the other, all you need is for Drouin to slow down slightly and suddenly people will accuse Drouin of benefiting off of Mac again. Drouin is for me tied for the best playmaker in the draft with Barkov and Lindholm.

Drouin is in the discussion, but he's competing with the most complete top 5 in recent history. Last year he would have been in the dicussion for #1. I really don't want to sound like a Drouin hater, but I really, really, really like Barkov and Lindholm (and of course Mackinnon and Monahan). Give it a few months and I could be completely wrong, Drouin has already silenced most critics, but he's just not as complete as the others in the discussion.

I mean at this point last year everyone wanted Grigorenko for his mix of size and skill...well with Barkov you get Grigorenko's size and skill, but with the added advantage of already-great defensive play and a commitment to the physical game. Plus he's a Habs fan, so we get the sentimental plus too!

The WJC this year will be very important.


Last edited by Et le But: 11-29-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Et le But is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 03:05 AM
  #849
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Barkov is a Habs fan? Nice!

Imho we can pick one of Drouin or Barkov, I don't care, I'll be exctatic. Its extremely doubtful we'll get to have the choice between the two.

There are so many other good players after these two that picking top8 pretty much guarantees a future star.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 05:33 AM
  #850
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,200
vCash: 500
Monahan reminds me of Eric Staal the way he plays. If Habs could get somebody that good I would be well satisfied

Mats86 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.