HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

Individual Player affiliations

Old
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
connor35

vCash: 500
Individual Player affiliations

My understanding is that in the ECHL some players are under contract to an NHL team and some are independent contractors working for the ECHL team.

Is there a list anywhere that would show for an ECHL team which player's have their rights own by an NHL team and which don't?

Thanks

connor35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 11:47 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Other than tracking transactions and seeing if when he "arrived" at team it was "assignment by NHL team" or checking capgeek.com for all 30 teams and correlating "non-NHL roster players" with the corresponding AHL roster with European loans?

No.

(I can tell you that ECHL SF has one Carolina and two SJ players on their roster.)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Y2KOMET

The majority of the teams have an affiliation with an NHL/AHL team. But any NHL team can assign a contracted player to any ECHL team. Example the Komets are affiliated with the Ducks and Norfolk of the AHL but we have Kenny Reiter who is property of the Islanders and was reassigned by Bridgeport.

Y2KOMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Prussian_Blue

I can tell you that, on the Evansville IceMen, the following players' rights are owned by St. Louis, and they are signed to NHL two-way contracts:

Cody Beach
Paul Karpowich
Tyler Shattock
Brett Sonne

Evansville is also affiliated with Columbus, but I don't know which players, if any, on their roster have their rights owned by the Blue Jackets.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote