HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2013, 07:36 AM
PG

vCash: 500
EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Time to turn the page on last season in the "EO"....Will be lots to talk about as Junior A introduces its changes, potentially to the benefit of JR B teams and fans...

A few EOJHL players selected last night at the JR A draft.....

Old
05-31-2013, 08:25 AM
KL14

Eastern Canada JR B Championship

Rumor is that the EOJHL is hosting the 2014/15 Eastern Canada Jr. B Championship and that Arnprior has been selected as the host site. Packers do not however, receive automatic by into the Championship...details to be finalized.

Old
05-31-2013, 09:59 PM
EpicNeilTime

Prospect camp tomorrow!

Old
06-01-2013, 05:40 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Solid Camp on the Weekend!

Last edited by SNM87: 06-07-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old
06-02-2013, 10:46 AM
PG

Are all of the teams well represented with coaches/gm's....Is the league taking the weekend seriously?

Old
06-02-2013, 11:56 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Are all of the teams well represented with coaches/gm's....Is the league taking the weekend seriously?
Everyone was there and the camp was very successful.

Last edited by SNM87: 06-07-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old
06-02-2013, 12:10 PM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Rumor is that the EOJHL is hosting the 2014/15 Eastern Canada Jr. B Championship and that Arnprior has been selected as the host site. Packers do not however, receive automatic by into the Championship...details to be finalized.
I heard that the winner of the Rideau- St Lawerence and the winner of Metro- Valley will be representing the EOJHL and that Arnprior is the host city

Old
06-02-2013, 12:15 PM
hurricane11

I don't understand why Ron copies everything the CCHL does. This camp is a clear money grab. Most of these prospects are property of certain teams anyways, so cant see the real benefit of it. Just a matter of time before Ronny runs this league into the ground.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:02 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

go to EOJHL website to check the latest trades

Last edited by SNM87: 06-07-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old
06-05-2013, 07:04 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

go to EOJHL website to check the latest trades.

Last edited by SNM87: 06-07-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old
06-05-2013, 08:31 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNM87 View Post
As I mentioned earlier....Arnprior Packers trade Derrin Lehoux to Ottawa West for Adam Fulton, Damian Armstrong, David Wilkie and a 16 year old card for this season (2013/2014). If David Wilkie is unable to play due to a previous injury, Arnprior will receive a choice of 2 players off Ottawa West’s protection list. The trade is dependent on all players agreeing to report.
Wow that's a great trade for the Golden Knights! Not too many 70 point players in this league anymore.

Old
06-13-2013, 12:57 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Packers Acquire Goalie Miksik

The Arnprior Packers got their goalie on Thursday in a day full of 3 trades with 3 teams. Visit the EOJHL Metro/Valley Conference Trade Page for more details.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Big Bear

Analyse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNM87 View Post
Packers Acquire Goalie Miksik

The Arnprior Packers got their goalie on Thursday in a day full of 3 trades with 3 teams. Visit the EOJHL Metro/Valley Conference Trade Page for more details.
Hey habby knowing that you are the trainer in Arnprior as you stated before you have the right to be excited but I wouldn't start a parade over any trades the new GM has made.
Let's start with the Goalie situation. You did bring in a Goalie with decent stats from a year ago with Athens and the reality is that Arnprior is nowhere near the team Athens was as well why did Stittsville trade his rights?( maybe an atitude issue).
Also this creates a LARGE issue for rookie GM Gould as he has been quoted about "local" talent and now has a problem with Miksik coming in and "local" Cheselock (2yr vet) as well the owners son.....hmmmm I would say trouble just look at Renfrew with the 3 goalies they have.
Another trade that is going against the public speaking of local is trading Riley Mcewan to Perth and everybody knows who his dad is. This being said it could be another short stint in Prior like it was in Renfrew....just saying

Old
06-13-2013, 10:39 PM
hurricane11

I was hoping Miksik would come back to Athens. He was very solid in playoffs. Not sure about all the trades the Packers have been making not sure how could you trade a 70 pt guy its not like they grow on trees. Interested to see if Phil Smith plays for the Packers he's a smart player and not sure why Gan would trade him.

Old
06-14-2013, 01:31 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Good opinions guys, we will see what happens, first test is Saturday Sept.14th for home opener against Gat. Lots of time to prepare for an exciting 2013-14 EOJHL season. Hope the league continues its growth this season and continues to be an exciting product for fans throughout the Valley.

Old
06-14-2013, 02:38 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Hey habby knowing that you are the trainer in Arnprior as you stated before you have the right to be excited but I wouldn't start a parade over any trades the new GM has made.
Let's start with the Goalie situation. You did bring in a Goalie with decent stats from a year ago with Athens and the reality is that Arnprior is nowhere near the team Athens was as well why did Stittsville trade his rights?( maybe an atitude issue).
Also this creates a LARGE issue for rookie GM Gould as he has been quoted about "local" talent and now has a problem with Miksik coming in and "local" Cheselock (2yr vet) as well the owners son.....hmmmm I would say trouble just look at Renfrew with the 3 goalies they have.
Another trade that is going against the public speaking of local is trading Riley Mcewan to Perth and everybody knows who his dad is. This being said it could be another short stint in Prior like it was in Renfrew....just saying
Pankhurst is there number 1 and they don't want two 21 year old goalies. Stittsville has a ton of 21 year olds for the upcoming season. Their back-up is Kumar.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Big Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Pankhurst is there number 1 and they don't want two 21 year old goalies. Stittsville has a ton of 21 year olds for the upcoming season. Their back-up is Kumar.
Epic That's an easy response but you need to look a litlle deeper as I have heard in different circles Pankhurst's name being kicked around in trade rumors as well Kumar might make Kanata. To top it all off with acquistion of Shaw and the coaches relationship with him when he was in Perth I find your thoughts a little foggy at best. Once again a team with 3 goalies very interesting. I love this time of year!!!

Old
06-15-2013, 09:31 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Epic That's an easy response but you need to look a litlle deeper as I have heard in different circles Pankhurst's name being kicked around in trade rumors as well Kumar might make Kanata. To top it all off with acquistion of Shaw and the coaches relationship with him when he was in Perth I find your thoughts a little foggy at best. Once again a team with 3 goalies very interesting. I love this time of year!!!
I haven't heard any rumors of Pankhurst being shopped, only Miksik who was allowed to talk to teams he wanted to play for. They are not keeping two 21 year old goalies. Kumar will likely play Jr A and Jason Shaw is a serviceable back-up who can play 10 games against valley teams.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:22 PM
OnlytheCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
I was hoping Miksik would come back to Athens. He was very solid in playoffs. Not sure about all the trades the Packers have been making not sure how could you trade a 70 pt guy its not like they grow on trees. Interested to see if Phil Smith plays for the Packers he's a smart player and not sure why Gan would trade him.
Packers fan here, in all fairness to Lehoux, his point totals were very beneficial to playing with Jared Steege during the 12-13 season. It also must be noted, yes he hit 70 points, but 50 of those came in the 1st 20 games. He has tendencies to play with his head down and trailed off once opposition figured him out. However, he is a hell of a talent, the Packers will miss him and I am sure he will burn us a few times this season.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:43 PM
OnlytheCH

Quote:
Miksik made more saves last season then any goalie in the entire EOJHL, had an overall SV% of .924......I would say that is fairly better then "decent" lol.

Cheslock is not a starter in this league, I have seen him play with the Packers for 3 years, as well as before he was in Jr. B, his rebound control is iffy and is inconsistent and is good for 10 starts per year and no more.

The owners kid is only 16, very small and I will be surprised if he is a full member of the team this year, I can see him being an AP and continuing to play hockey in Nepean.

Riley McEwan is 16-years old as well, he would not have cracked the Packers this year, his rights come back from Perth for the 14-15 season. I don't see him making Perth and will spend his Major Midget season with the OV Titans. Arnprior will give him a look next year.

With locals such as the Dallas Farr, Michael McGrath, Patrick McGrath, Corey Chaplin, and Chris Ewbank all under the age of 18 there is no shortage of young local talent on the squad. With Mike Cheslock as the back-up, Matt Crozier's rights returning from Ottawa, and Eric Guevernmont returning after missing the entire 13-14 season after knee surgery, that's another 3 Prior boys. With possible 16-year old additions such as James Prebble as well as a couple others from the Titans and a solid young group coming up from the UOV Aces AA the Local Talent is larger then it has been in years.

Last year was an absolute circus under GM Patrick, absolutely pathetic I was almost embarrassed to cheer for my hometown team. In my eyes things are going in the right direction, it looks like a team mentality is being built, it's not about putting the best players statistically in place but rather about character and compete, the hardest working guys who accept the system will play.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:27 PM
hurricane11

I was at 90% of the Aeros games this past season and i can say that Miksik is the real deal. If it wasn't for him the team would have been upset in the first round and the rest of the playoffs the team played better but he was called upon to make several big saves each night. Going to be tough without him this season Packers fans should be excited he's a gamer.

Old
06-21-2013, 08:45 AM
hjh08

Hello all, I read these pages all last year and look forward to this year. Some very interesting views and information and has prompted me to join so that I be a part of the discussions.
First note: Perth was not present at the prospects weekend, only for a meet the parents thing.
Second: Miksik and Pankhurst are both OA this season, since Stittsville chose Pankhurst over Miksik last season I could see why Miksik wanted to go to another team. Good for Stittsville to let him contact teams on his own though.
Third: Good trades by Gould so far I think. If you look at it he has given up a player who was a problem last year, a goalie, and another 20 yr old player. In return he got an all-star in Miksik, young McDonell who will be strong eventually, tough Ewbank, and some solid OA in Armstrong and Fulton.
Who are the teams to beat this season?

Old
06-21-2013, 10:05 AM
OnlytheCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjh08 View Post
Hello all, I read these pages all last year and look forward to this year. Some very interesting views and information and has prompted me to join so that I be a part of the discussions.
First note: Perth was not present at the prospects weekend, only for a meet the parents thing.
Second: Miksik and Pankhurst are both OA this season, since Stittsville chose Pankhurst over Miksik last season I could see why Miksik wanted to go to another team. Good for Stittsville to let him contact teams on his own though.
Third: Good trades by Gould so far I think. If you look at it he has given up a player who was a problem last year, a goalie, and another 20 yr old player. In return he got an all-star in Miksik, young McDonell who will be strong eventually, tough Ewbank, and some solid OA in Armstrong and Fulton.
Who are the teams to beat this season?
I personally don't know much about the Rideau and St.Lawrence teams, I only ever see them during the Fall Classics every year so I will stay away from picking the teams to beat from that conference.

Metro wise, you have to assume Ottawa will still be tough even after losing Collins, Marsh, Smith, and Fequet, they have so much to choose from and still have some solid players in place as well as Couvrette between the pipes. Gatineau always brings it and the Metro competition with Clarence, Metcalfe, and Ottawa West it will be a very competitive division like it always is yet again.

The Valley is also a toss up, Renfrew has already lost both Farr and McGrath to Arnprior, Eady, Mask, Anderson are finished their careers and there are rumblings a few players want out so they can go to the Ottawa Canadians. Perth seemed a little desperate with what they were doing in the newspapers before the league vetoed their ad campaign but they are usually a strong club, Almonte is still always a question mark, Shawville doesn't have much to work with, and Arnprior is again rebuilding but have picked up a star goalie in Miksik, good vets in Fulton and Armstrong, and have some strong young talent.

Metro - Ottawa
Valley - Arnprior

Old
06-21-2013, 10:10 AM
OnlytheCH

So the upcoming season starts up Saturday September 14th. Arnprior is hosting a kick off showcase as 10 of the 11 Valley/Metro Teams are all playing their openers at the Nick Smith Center starting at 9am with the Packers hosting Gatineau in the final evening game.

Then in October their will be another Fall Classic, not sure where it is taking place but yet another showcase.

The 3rd showcase goes at the end of November as the Metro/Valley clubs battle it out again.

I like what the league is doing, having these tournaments to showcase the leagues talent, it is great for the 16-18 year old kids.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:15 PM
hurricane11

October Showcase in Alexandria

What is going on with Athens coaching situation. Heard that Roger resigned

Closed Thread