HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 12:42 AM
HeroByMistake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Every team must have at least 1 representative, so sometimes more deserving players are left off.
I had 3 players from my team in the game and no one from Tamba Bay was in the All-star game, so no.

Edit: Sorry, Carle was on the team, but still, that's curious.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:43 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
The star potential really makes GM Mode boring for me... Way too predictable and scripted.
Yeah. I actually liked the old potential system better. 1) There was a level of predictability in whish areas a player would grow the most (so certain player types would actually develop the skills that were relevant to what they did), and 2) it was way more exciting because a 3rd or later round pick could end up randomly jumping up to A or B potential, and you could legitimately find gems in the later rounds. I also liked the ability for players to gain exp and improve during the season.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:16 AM
pensrule2011

Quote:
The star potential really makes GM Mode boring for me... Way too predictable and scripted.
Yeah but it does add a bit of evenness to a players stats that did not happen with the letter system

Old
11-25-2012, 02:28 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Yeah. I actually liked the old potential system better. 1) There was a level of predictability in whish areas a player would grow the most (so certain player types would actually develop the skills that were relevant to what they did), and 2) it was way more exciting because a 3rd or later round pick could end up randomly jumping up to A or B potential, and you could legitimately find gems in the later rounds. I also liked the ability for players to gain exp and improve during the season.
Agreed. It was a bit flawed on the sense that potential could change randomly, but as time stretched on some guys with high potential would end up not being as good, others picked late could become impact players. One of my favourite aspects of NHL 12 was signing undrafted UFA's - worst case scenario they turned into AHL depth, but some of them would end up as roster players and one of them wound up as a legit 1st line playmaking winger.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:05 AM
n00bxQb

SCOTT HOWSON FIRED AS GM OF COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS, NEW GM TO BE ANNOUNCED

July 24, 2012

One day after the blockbuster trade with the New York Rangers that sent former face of the franchise and captain Rick Nash to the Big Apple, Scott Howson was let go this morning by owner J.P. McConnell. Neither Mr. McConnell nor Mr. Howson could be reached for comment.

The search for a new general manager is expected to commence immediately. Many suitors are expected to interview for the job including former Columbus GM Doug MacLean, broadcast analyst Pierre McGuire, and several others.

Meanwhile, new Blue Jackets Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, and Tim Erixon are all said to be looking forward to training camp in September, barring the looming potential lockout.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:25 AM
n00bxQb

LOCKOUT AVERTED, COLUMBUS ANNOUNCES NEW GM
September 16, 2012

The NHL and NHLPA came to an agreement on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement late last night, just in time to prevent a third consecutive lockout under Gary Bettman's tenure. After several seasons of record revenues and growth, the new CBA is much the same as the previous CBA with a few changes, the most significant of which is the elimination of waivers.

In Blue Jackets news, James Mackenzie was announced as the new general manager this morning. His goal is to build the Columbus Blue Jackets into a contending team for the first time in franchise history. "We need to re-think everything about how this franchise is operated," said the new GM during the press conference. "This franchise has been in the NHL now for 12 seasons and it has not even attained a single playoff victory. Clearly, what we've done in the past has not worked and likely will not work in the future. We need to scout better, we need to draft better, we need to develop better, we need to support our players and coaches better, and we need to better promote a positive, winning environment. I'm not promising instant success, but we're going to work diligently to turn this franchise around as quickly as possible."

Owner J.P. McConnell was sold on GM Mackenzie's philosophies on team development, electing to hire him over more experienced, higher-profile candidates citing that he wanted to "go with someone who didn't have a 'business-as-usual' outlook."

Expectations coming into this season are at an all-time low for the Blue Jackets, coming off their worst season in franchise history and having dealt their top players Jeff Carter and Rick Nash over the last 7 months.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:55 AM
n00bxQb

RYAN MURRAY NAMED YOUNGEST CAPTAIN IN NHL HISTORY
September 27, 2012

Ryan Murray woke up to an unusual 19th birthday surprise this morning, awoken by his new teammates, coaches, and team management who wished to congratulate the young rookie on his new title: team captain.

"I don't even know what to say," said Murray. "It's come as a major shock, but it's an incredible honour."

The move isn't without its critics, of which there are many, but GM Mackenzie doesn't seem to mind the criticism. "This young man is a shining example of everything we want out of every player on our team, young or old. It's the right choice in my mind. People can say he hasn't even play a real NHL game yet or he's too young to lead, but I don't see Chicago or Pittsburgh regretting their decisions to put the C on their young, dedicated, talented captains."

Many critics feel that the Blue Jackets are putting too much pressure too early on the youngster.

R.J. Umberger and Vaclav "Vinny" Prospal will retain their alternate captain statuses for the upcoming season.

Regardless of the reasons why, it has certainly created a major buzz around the Columbus area, who are anxious to find out exactly how their new captain and new face of the franchise will perform in the upcoming season.

In other NHL news, Calgary GM Jay Feaster shocked the hockey world today by shipping goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff to St. Louis in exchange for prospects Jake Allen and Brett Ponich. One analyst stated, "The move makes no sense for either side."

Last edited by n00bxQb: 11-25-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old
11-25-2012, 11:47 AM
anatsu
twitter: @finanatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoz62 View Post
Kane is a free agent every time that I have seen.
Good! Would be nice to sign him, even if his salary gets up to 10M.

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Henrique
Ryan - Leblanc - Kane
Jokinen - Monahan - Coyle
Hoffel - Carter - Zharkov

Tallinder - Larsson
Volchenkov - Girardi
Lowe - Tinordi

Enroth
Wedgewood

Is kind of "dream team" for next season.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:38 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensrule2011 View Post
Yeah but it does add a bit of evenness to a players stats that did not happen with the letter system
That's what I don't like. If I'm developing a GRINDER, I want him to develop mainly in the defensive and skating stats but in NHL 13, my young 3.5 star grinders will have WAY too good offensive stats, like 5 star shooting or puck skills. I know there were flaws with the letter system, but I enjoyed having some type of control over my prospects (playing time and performance mattered, choosing what you want them to progress in, etc.). Also it's pointless to manually draft after the 2nd round because you know you won't find any gems, unlike in 12 where it was possible and exciting to see if you found a gem. And lastly with the star system, prospects take FOREVER to progress in the AHL and won't get any where near their full potential until they reach 25 (which makes sense for some prospects but not EVERY prospect). Honestly it seems like EA created the entire star potential system at the last possible minute because it doesn't resemble the natural progression of prospects whatsoever.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:22 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
That's what I don't like. If I'm developing a GRINDER, I want him to develop mainly in the defensive and skating stats but in NHL 13, my young 3.5 star grinders will have WAY too good offensive stats, like 5 star shooting or puck skills. I know there were flaws with the letter system, but I enjoyed having some type of control over my prospects (playing time and performance mattered, choosing what you want them to progress in, etc.). Also it's pointless to manually draft after the 2nd round because you know you won't find any gems, unlike in 12 where it was possible and exciting to see if you found a gem. And lastly with the star system, prospects take FOREVER to progress in the AHL and won't get any where near their full potential until they reach 25 (which makes sense for some prospects but not EVERY prospect). Honestly it seems like EA created the entire star potential system at the last possible minute because it doesn't resemble the natural progression of prospects whatsoever.
They didn't develop it at the last minute as they presented it to us at Community Day in May (although we didn't get to test it).

I agree, though, it needs work. The letter-grade system had serious faults and this one does as well, but I think the star system will be better if (I want to say when, but it's EA, so who knows) they fix the flaws.

The big problem, as you touched on, is that players don't develop realistically under the star system (although they didn't really develop realistically under the letter grade system, either). I think the big flaw is that the stars are tied to overall and overall for forwards is heavily dependent on offensive attributes.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:52 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Whaaat...

So far I'm 41-8-1 with the following roster:

Kane (84) - Getzlaf (88) - Hemsky (84)
Ladd (84) - Zajac (84) - Wheeler (83)
Glencross (82) - Schenn (78) - Bolland (84)
Burmistrov (77) - Welllwood (77) - Brunnstrom (75)

Del Zotto (84) - Byfuglien (87)
Sbisa (84) - Bogosian (84)
Vinny (78) - Bieksa (84)

Pavelec (82)
Auld (77)

I did go something like 17-5-1 in games I played but I almost always win in simulations, too... crazy stuff. And I just shipped Glencross + Lukas Sutter for Iginla as I ready for a Cup run.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:35 AM
n00bxQb

BLUE JACKETS EARN FIRST VICTORY OF SEASON
October 17, 2012

Derick Brassard led the way to the Blue Jackets first win of the 2012-2013 campaign with 3 assists, including one on the game-winning goal by Ryan Johansen. The game started out poorly for the Jackets, finding themselves down 2-0 after the first period on a pair of goals by oft-concussed Pierre-Marc Bouchard. The second of Bouchard's goals got the crowd off its feet as the slick center danced through the entire Columbus squad and sniped a shot high to the stick side of Bobrovsky in off the crossbar. Outshot 15-6 after the first period, it looked like it would be another one of those nights, similar to the 5-1 shellacking they suffered at the hands of the Blackhawks the other night in their season opener.

The Blue Jackets, however, battled back, tying the game 2-2 after two. Jack Johnson ripped a one-timer off a Brassard faceoff win at the beginning of a Columbus powerplay to give them life and R.J. Umberger would bang home a rebound late in the period to tie it up. Derek Dorsett drew the ire of the Minnesota crowd after he crushed Wild defenseman Steven Kampfer, causing him to leave the game with an apparent concussion.

Mikael Granlund scored his first career NHL goal midway through the third period to give the Wild the lead after Sergei Bobrovsky misjudged a dump in which bounced awkwardly off a stanchion, right in front of the Columbus net. Bobrovsky was able to make a desperation save to deny Granlund on his first attempt, but the young Finn capitalized on his second opportunity, earning himself a taped puck to place on his mantel. The Blue Jackets quickly responded as Matt Calvert forced a turnover in the Wild zone and was able to find the five hole on Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom to tie it up.

With a little under 3 minutes left in the third period, recent mega-contract recipient Ryan Suter took a hooking penalty in the offensive zone, giving the Blue Jackets an opportunity to seal a victory in regulation and seal they did. Late in the powerplay, Derick Brassard sauced the puck to a wide-open Ryan Johansen in the slot, who made no mistake on his shot, ringing it in off the post low to the stick side. New captain Ryan Murray would earn the second assist on the goal, his first career point, and the Blue Jackets would hold on to win 4-3.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:52 AM
pensrule2011

Quote:
I think next year they should create a system combining the benefits of the letter system where the player could be strong in certain areas, and in the star system where it would even out the stats so you don't have a sniper with 90s in shooting but low 70s in skating.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Ok, I want to do an expansion draft. Anyone know how to go at it?

Old
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Orange Thunder

Decided to start one with the Flyers. Lost season opener 2-1 in a shootout to Boston. Lines are as follows:

Hartnell-Giroux-Briere
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Couturier-Talbot-Read
Fedotenko-Rinaldo-Wellwood

Coburn-Pronger
Meszaros-Timonen
Grossmann-Schenn

Bryzgalov
Leighton

Only trade was Pavel Kubina to Minnesota for Mathew Dumba.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
Last night I started up a new franchise with Tampa Bay. Our first season was ****, as we finished third-last in the league, only ahead of Columbus and New Jersey. At the trade deadline I traded Vinny Lecavalier and Martin St Louis to Buffalo in exchange Mikhail Grigorenko (edited to have 4.5 yellow stars), Ville Leino and Tomas Vanek. Leino and Vanek were cap dumps.

I also acquired two other first round picks and I drafted:

3rd overall: Hunter Shinkaruk (60 overall, 4.5 yellow stars LW)
8th overall: Jake Patterson (50 overall, 4 green stars, G)
11th overall: Rasmus Ristolainen (55 overall, 4 yellow stars, D)

2013-14 Lineup

Vanek (83) - Stamkos (91) - Purcell (81)
Malone (81) - Leino (80) - Raymond (79)
O'Sullivan (77) - Tyrell (79) - Rolston (75)
Pouliot (75) - Pyatt (76) - Wyman (66)

Carle (87) - Hedman (87)
Leopold (85) - Bergeron (83)
Murray (80) - Clark (79)

Lindback (83)
Helenius (77)

Top Prospects:
Mikhail Grigornenko (19 years old, 67 overall, 4.5 yellow stars, RW)
Hunter Shinkaruk (18 years old, 60 overall, 4.5 yellow stars LW)
Keith Aulie (24 years old, 77 overall, 4 yellow stars, D)
Slater Koekoek (19 years old, 57 overall, 4 yellow stars, D)
Jake Patterson (19 years old, 50 overall, 4 green stars, G)
Nikita Filatov (23 years old, 77 overall, 4 yellow stars, LW)
Richard Panik (22 years old, 69 overall, 4 yellow stars RW)
Rasmus Ristolainen (18 years old, 55 overall, 4 yellow stars, D)
Brett Connolly (21 years old, 73 overall, 4 yellow stars, RW)
Cory Conacher (23 years old, 75 overall, 4 yellow stars, LW)
Tobias Rieder (20 years old, 63 overall, 4 yellow stars, RW)
Vladislav Namestnikov (20 years old, 66 overall, 4 yellow stars, C)

Old
11-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Benzy19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Jacob View Post
Decided to start one with the Flyers. Lost season opener 2-1 in a shootout to Boston. Lines are as follows:

Hartnell-Giroux-Briere
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Couturier-Talbot-Read
Fedotenko-Rinaldo-Wellwood

Coburn-Pronger
Meszaros-Timonen
Grossmann-Schenn

Bryzgalov
Leighton

Only trade was Pavel Kubina to Minnesota for Mathew Dumba.
Dumba takes forever to progress in this game.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzy19 View Post
Dumba takes forever to progress in this game.
True. In my Ducks franchise he was only 72 overall in the year 2018.

So my Bolts somehow made the playoffs despite having horrible offense! We finished 40-31-11, 7th in the East. Stamkos led the team with 87 points.

At the deadline Minnesota offered me their first round pick for one of my firsts (that I got from Calgary) and a crappy goalie prospect. It turns out that it was their first round pick for next year, so I'm pretty pissed about that because it had high value. I thought it would be a lottery pick for this year... It turns out that I was right and Minnesota is the third-worst team in the league. Hopefully they're not much better next year.

I also picked up Ales Hemsky for a 3.5 star prospect and a 3rd round pick. I put him on my top line alongside Stamkos and Vanek.

We played Toronto in the first round, and of course, our crappy offense came back to bite us in the ass. We lost in seven games, but all the games we won were low scoring. That's fine though, I wasn't even expecting to make the playoffs.

Last edited by Deku Scrub: 11-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

Plenty of New Faces Playing for the Lightning in 2014-15

After a surprising playoff appearance last season, fans were wondering what the Tampa Bay Lightning would do to improve their team in the offseason. They did this by signing Phil Kessel. One of the biggest available free agents, Phil signed with Tampa Bay for 3 years at $7.8 million per year. Tomi Sallinen was also signed by the Lightning, for two years at $0.8 million per year. Here are the three trades the Bolts made this offseason:

Teddy Purcell to Minnesota for Devin Setoguchi
Ville Lieno to Montreal for David Desharnais
Brett Clark to Buffalo for a 2nd Round pick

Adding to the new faces this year, rookie forward Nikita Filatov and rookie defender Keith Aulie will be joining the big club. Here is the Bolts' full lineup heading into the 2014-15 season:

Hemsky (83) - Stamkos (91) - Kessel (88)
Filatov (81) - Desharnais (80) - Setoguchi (82)
Malone (81) - Tyrell (80) - Raymond (80)
O'Sullivan (77) - Sallinen (77) - Pyatt (75)

Carle (87) - Hedman (87)
Leopold (85) - Aulie (81)
Bergeron (82) - Murray (81)

Lindback (84)
Tokarski (80)

Old
11-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Travis093
Travis

Decided to post mid way through my Gm Series with the Oilers.
Lets get everyone up to date:

Year one:
41 Wins, 34 Losses, 7 OTL. - 89 Points, Did not qualify.
Year two:
42 Wins, 30 Losses, 10 OTL. - 94 Points, 2nd Round Exit
Year three:
49 Wins, 26 Losses, 7 OTL. - 105 Points, SCF Exit against Carolina
Year four:
41 Wins, 31 Losses, 10 OTL. - 92 Points, Did not qualify.
Current Year 2016-2017 Season:
21 Wins, 18 Losses, 2 OTL. - 44 Points.

Current Roster.
* - Scratches

Right Wingers:
Nail Yakupov (Snp,87 Ovr)
(C) Jordan Eberle (Snp, 87 Ovr)
Martin Erat (Twf, 80 Ovr)
Doug Woywitka (Ply, 75 Ovr)
Jared Staal (Pwf, 71 Ovr)*

Left Wingers:
Magnus Paajarvi (Twf, 83 Ovr)
Hunter Shinkaruk (Ply, 82 Ovr)
Jussi Jokinen (Snp, 81 Ovr)
Ryan Jones (Twf, 78 Ovr)
Thomas Zaborsky (Snp, 76 Ovr)*

Centers:
(A) Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Ply, 88 Ovr)
William Karlsson (Ply, 83 Ovr)
Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall (Twf, 81 Ovr)
Anton Lander (Twf, 80 Ovr)

Defenseman:
(A) Justin Schultz (Ofd, 86 Ovr)
Dmitry Kulikov (Twd, 85 Ovr)
Theo Peckham (Dfd, 81 Ovr)
Oscar Klefbom (Twd, 81 Ovr)
David Musil (Dfd, 80 Ovr)
Martin Marincin (Twd, 77 Ovr)
Corey Potter (Twd, 76 Ovr)*

Goalies:
Devan Dubnyk (Hyb, 81 Ovr)
Tyler Bunz (Hyb, 69 Ovr)

In The System - Worth Mentioning:

Right Wingers:
Dwayne Schumacher (Pwf, 60 Ovr) 20yrs 3.5 Yellow
Brett Malone (Twf, 60 Ovr) 22yrs, 3.5 Yellow

Left Wingers:
Torsten Ekman-Larsson (Snp, 63 Ovr) 22yrs, 3.0 Yellow

Defenseman:
Martin Gernat (Ofd, 73 Ovr) 23yrs, 4.0 Yellow
Dustin Munro (Dfd, 76 Ovr) 20yrs, 3.5 Yellow (6'5, 219lbs)
Kristian Lindstrom (Dfd, 69 Ovr) 23yrs 3.5 Yellow (6'9, 234lbs)

Goalies:
Pasi Kurri (But, 66 Ovr) 21yrs, 4.5 Green
Edward Luongo (But, 54 Ovr) 21yrs, 4.0 Yellow
Sergei Faikov (Hyb, 65 Ovr) 22yrs, 3.5 Yellow
Ken Appleby (Hyb, 63 Ovr) 21yrs 3.5 Yellow

Honorable Mentions:
William Karlsson
Drafted this guy in the 2013 draft, 1st round 14 overall. He's got 3.5 Yellow Stars.
First year in the AHL he hit 70 points. Second year with 83.
In his rookie year Karlsson hit 15 goals, and 53 assists for 68 Points

Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall
2nd Round Draft pick in 2013, (31th Overall) 3.5 Yellow
He put up 32 points in his first Ahl year, and 62 in his second.

Doug Woywitka 4.5 Yellow
Taylor Hall wasnt working out in Edmonton. Made a deal with Winnipeg Sending Hall and receiving their first rounder.
The Pick turned out at 3rd Overall in the 2016 Draft. Used that to Draft Doug.

Pasi Kurri
Acquired this Stud Prospect through Free agency over the 2016 off season. He was Drafted by Colorado, but they were unable to free enough contracts to sign this guy to a deal, leaving him to reach UFA.

Last edited by Travis093: 11-26-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 08:35 PM
pensrule2011

Started a Rangers GM and decided to go in with just the roster they had:

2012-2013 Rangers

Callahan (84) - Richards (87) - Nash (87)
Hagelin (77) - Stepan (82) - Gaborik (89)
Pyatt (75) - Boyle (78) - Zuccarello (75)
Rupp (76) - Halpern (74) - Asham (73)

Mcdonagh (86) - Girardi (85)
Staal (85) - Del Zotto (83)
Sauer (75) - Eminger (77)

Lundqvist (91)
Biron (77)

*Edited J.T. Miller and Chris Thomas to their actual potentials since I guess the NHL 13 Developers don't consider them good
*Lost first game to Los Angeles 4-3 in overtime

Old
11-26-2012, 08:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

My Be A GM will be with the Habs, I'm going to try to rebuild while being competitive...

I'm actually in the midst of a Habs Be A GM now, but I'm gunna scrap it...

My goal will be to bring in a wave of French stars to MTL... And to reunite Yak and Gally..

Old
11-26-2012, 09:35 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

September 26th 2012

Major NHL news today, out of Montreal.

Marc Bergevin has bought the Acadie Bathrust Titan and moved them to Sorel, he announced that he would be stepping down as GM, in order to be GM of the Mariners.

But that wasn't all, the Molsons, in an emergency move sold the Canadians to a GS sports and entertainment... They own the Saint John Sea Dogs of the Q, Sarnia Sting of the OHL and the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL... The also own the Houston Dynamo of the MLS, and are part owners of TPS Turku HC...

Buying the Habs is a bold move for the group..

All their franchises have 1 thing in common. They win consistently...

They hired one of their own to fill the void left by Bergevin..

Meet Walter White, the former assistant GM of the Sarnia Sting...

We didn't get a chance to speak to Mr.White but he released a short statement:

I'm thrilled to be here, I'm looking forward to restoring this franchise to its former glory...

Trades are coming, I like a highly skilled top 6, and and grit on the bottom 6... Our defence will be changing, I like fast physical puck movers...

We are going to rebuild, expect trades, and we will try to stay competitive while we rebuild.

No one is safe.

-Walter White,
GM Montreal Canadiens

Rumors are swirling that Jonathan Huberdeau and Nail Yakupov are on their way to Montreal...

We'll have to wait and see..

Old
11-26-2012, 10:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

September 28th 2012

Outrage in Montreal !

Fans got a a massive shock today, the weekend was ruined early Friday morning... When GM Walter White announced that he had made some trades...

Well robbery is more like it...

His first move as GM surely made headlines...

Montreal traded David Desharnais, Louis Leblanc, Andrei Marov and Nashville's 2nd round pick in 2013 to Edmonton for Nail Yakupov.

It's get better ! (Or worse if your a Habs Fan)

In another absurd and stunning move, the GM Walter White sent Dalton Thrower, Tomas Plekanec, Lars Eller and Tim Bozon to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau and Geroge Parros.

Yup, it's safe to say that Habs fans are pisssed... While the rest of the league is laughing...

Here's a release from Walter White:

Nail is a franchise player in the making, he's electrifying and will be a 50 goal scorer in this league, he's the player this franchise needs. I know him well from my Sarnia days... We gave up a lot, but also managed to she's dead weight in the contract of Andrei Markov, the move frees up room on the roster for younger players to get their chance...

Trading Louis was tough, but to get you gotta give...

Jonathan is an amazing talent, he's the French Canadian the fans have wanted for years, he's a slick playmaker, we think that Nail, Alex and him will form a fantastic top line for years to come.

Tomas is an elite player who requested a chance and got it, losing Lars is tough, but we have players ready to step in.

You can expect more moves as a clean up this mess..

-Walter White

Make an even bigger mess is more like it.. Lord knows what's next..

UPDATE: Montreal trades Ryan White and 2014 2nd to New Jersey for Patrik Elias, details to follow.

Last edited by IHaveNoCreativity: 11-26-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Travis093
Travis

Edmonton Oilers add grit and offensive blueline flare in deadline deals
Oilers deal Lander & Kulikov

Just hours before the NHL 2017 trade deadline, Oilers GM Letwiniuk announced two trades. The first trade sent Oilers Anton Lander to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Boyd Gordon, 2017 4th round pick, and a 6th round pick in 2017.
In the Oilers 2nd trade of the day, defenseman Dmitry Kulikov was sent packing to the Capitals and leftwing prospect Johan Landeskog in exchange for offensive defenseman Mike Green.

Blackhawks Acquire:
Anton Lander

Oilers Acquire:
Boyd Gordon
2017 4th round pick
2017 6th round pick:

Capitals Acquire:
Dmitry Kulikov
Johan Landeskog

Oilers Acquire:
Mike Green

Moments after the deal had been struck, we had been able to get a quick phone call with Travis Letwiniuk.

"It sucks having to let players go. Anton had played and worked great for us, he was able to play whatever position we needed and he never complained." Says Oilers GM. "Sometimes you need to give a little to get what you need back. In the (Chicago) trade, we were able to add much needed grit down onto our 4th line, plus with the entry draft coming up, we can retool at the end of the year to help the team grow into a cup contender. You don't win playoff games skating like a princess out there. You need to be able to grind out the tough games when needed in order to push through."

"In the Washington deal, one thing the Oilers needed to upgrade going into the final stretch of the season was their offense's numbers coming from our blueline. Landing Mike green allows us to have a stronger powerplay, without giving up much on the defensive side. It took awhile to get the deal done, but in the end I was willing to let Johan go. We might not have had the opportunity to see him thrive in orange and blue, but we hope to see him have success over in Washington."

Closed Thread