HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis - Calgary 2.0

Old
10-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I don't understand why STL fans think Berglund is untouchable. If you are lucky he gets 45 points and is a 48.7% FO. What is so great about him. He is like a Horcoff in EDM a 3rd line player.
Well then be glad we're ignorant and want to keep our version of Horcoff.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:49 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 500
Quote:
I don't understand why STL fans think Berglund is untouchable. If you are lucky he gets 45 points and is a 48.7% FO. What is so great about him. He is like a Horcoff in EDM a 3rd line player.
You seem to not have seen him play much. Berglund is a much better player then the stat sheet has shown. Berglund has scored 52 points in the past and still has the potential to get 60 plus points. The Blues also have not replacement for Berglund. Berglund is the Blues 2nd line center plain and simple. If we are not receiving a better center in return then we cannot trade him.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 114
Good trade value, bad teams to make the trade.

Fill one hole, open another.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
It's not that we think he's untouchable, it's simply that we don't have much in the way of centermen. He's a 6'4" center with good defensive capabilities, so that's why we like him in St. Louis. But if you look at our team, we have 2 or 3 true NHL centermen with very little in the way of prospects to replace any of them. That's why Blues fans want him, not because he's some stud that comes once in a lifetime, but because we don't have anything better. We're not saying no to the trade because we feel Berglunds vastly superior, we just don't have any replacement if we get rid of him

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Good trade value, bad teams to make the trade.

Fill one hole, open another.
This exactly. I would be excited to add Gio to the team but we can't trade a center to get him. If that is what the Flames want or him we would politely decline as it would leave a bigger whole on the team then the one being filled as the value is good for both. It's not like the Blues are bad at left d with Jackman, Russell, Cole.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Oshie97

Quote:
No need to bash Berglund as Blues fans are saying its a fair deal just not one we can make. You should really try watching a player more than a couple games before making comments about their play.

Old
10-20-2012, 08:45 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Quote:
No one said he's untouchable...

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 01:41 AM
h22prelude93

Well he basically is untouchable. Unless we are getting a better two-way centre coming back...it just isn't happening. That pretty much eliminates every team who would be interested, no? And I think people forget it's not always how good a player is that judges his expendability...it's more often his importance to his team. In Berglund's case he is EXTREMELY important to the structure of our team.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
You also don't trade from other areas of weakness, you trade from areas of strength.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Yes, but you're missing the point. To get the player you want you have to be willing to give up what the other team needs. You can't just say, "I want this guy, but this is all I'm going to offer you. Take it or leave it!"

9/10 the other team will walk.

that's why it's great that the Blues have 28 other teams to trade with.

At the end of the day the trade has to make sense for both teams to make it.

He is the type of player that is easier to replace than a big 24 year old Center with Berglunds skill set.,

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 02:07 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
As much as most teams would love to have them, St. Louis' two best centers aren't for trade unless the team trading for them coughs up a huge overpayment. Probably entails a 3 way trade which has St. Louis sending a center and a goalie out for an even better center+.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
I guess so.

Looks like the Flames will be stuck without a center for Iginla and the Blues will be stuck without a top-pairing d-man to play with Pietrangelo.
Except that the Blues have a 6' 2, 210-pound recent first-round pick with significant NHL experience already (Ian Cole) biding his time in Peoria waiting for the NHL season to start so that he can get a nice long audition as Pietrangelo's partner.

The Flames have who in Abbotsford, again, that can step into a tryout role as Iginla's center?

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:08 PM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Cammalleri.

The Flames are much better of keeping Giordano and giving Cammalleri another run at center.
Or Stajan. Or Hudler.

Glencross/Hudler/Iginla could be very interesting...

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:16 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Except that the Blues have a 6' 2, 210-pound recent first-round pick with significant NHL experience already (Ian Cole) biding his time in Peoria waiting for the NHL season to start so that he can get a nice long audition as Pietrangelo's partner.

The Flames have who in Abbotsford, again, that can step into a tryout role as Iginla's center?
Cammalleri's currently Iginla's center. Failing that, Roman Cervenka will be his center.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Or Stajan. Or Hudler.

Glencross/Hudler/Iginla could be very interesting...
No, not Stajan.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
RA9

flames fan saying no.

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

Lol. Ian Cole #2 dman! Good for the lolz.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:46 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Never said he would be a #2, just that he would be Petro's partner. Colaiacovo was Petro's partner last season, and he is nowhere near a #2. Huskins spent significant time with Petro and he is a bottom pairing defenseman. We had the best defense with those 2 guys as Petro's partner, we are not desperate to make a move.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 01:55 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Yes, but you're missing the point. To get the player you want you have to be willing to give up what the other team needs. You can't just say, "I want this guy, but this is all I'm going to offer you. Take it or leave it!"

9/10 the other team will walk.
Actually, that is exactly how it is done.

The tricky part is finding that one team in ten whose wants match your surplus.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
The lolz is on you, he will play as petro's partner on the number on line so he can have a mentor and someone to cover for his mistakes till he adjust to the pros! I love how people can't read as nobody claimed that Cole is a number 2 d-man. Our other 2 pairs play well together so it only makes sense.

Old
10-23-2012, 02:51 PM
bigduga

Quote:
A third line player that other teams fans have inquired about possibly acquiring at least 18 times in the past year.

Search function and a quick scan of the results shows Berglund showing up as a target in the OP of a trade thread from fans of: Toronto (4x), Edmonton (3x), Montreal (3x), Anaheim (2x), Calgary, Buffalo, Colorado, Ottawa, Carolina, and the Islanders.

...Berglund may not be "untouchable" in raw-talent terms, but he's at least a fair bit more valuable than Shawn Horcoff, and the Blues roster situation is such that they're not looking to trade him, and anyone inquiring about his availability should expect that they're probably not going to be willing to give up what it would take for the Blues to move him.

There's a fair argumentative difference between "untouchable" and "I wouldn't trade him for Mark Giordano"

bigduga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
SteenMachine

The bottom line is Berglund is seen as a core player, just like Giordano would be, it's taking away more than his individual talent from the team that makes him need an overpayment or a superior replacement if he's packaged. The Blues don't have a clear internal solution for replacing him when they barely have one for the 3rd line center at this point.

It's just making a mess of things to add a top 4 guy who can make Pietro's job easier and not be the kind of player that could directly compete for it as a top pairing d-man. That's the ideal addition to the team, not a must have to survive the post season thing we need to address sooner than later.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Devilspuppet666

never EVER would i trade GIORDANO... by far my favourite active player... i dont care if im being a homer i would trade anyone over him and glencross... thats just my opinion and its tooo biased so dont take this with any seriousness...

kind of a usless poster lol everybodies got there players (mine are/Were gio, glenx, warrener, and kipper)

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
never EVER would i trade GIORDANO... by far my favourite active player... i dont care if im being a homer i would trade anyone over him and glencross... thats just my opinion and its tooo biased so dont take this with any seriousness...

kind of a usless poster lol everybodies got there players (mine are/Were gio, glenx, warrener, and kipper)
Nothing wrong with being biased and a homer, especially if you can admit it lol

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Oshie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Nothing wrong with being biased and a homer, especially if you can admit it lol
I agree, we all are with our players even when we don't want to admit it.