HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

[Game 4] Syracuse @ Bingo | Octobeer 20th, 2012 | 7:05 pm w/ stream

Old
10-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

vCash: 500
5 I think?

Can't wait. I'm seriously lacking hockey.

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:28 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Lehner is nothing like Emery.

His ceiling is way higher than Ray's ever was.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

I sent in the highlights to 2 tv stations, both coming up in this post..

The goalie fight was an absolute classic w/ Dave Schreiber calling, most likely going national as we will send it in to espn..

WBNG
http://www.wbng.com/sports/b-sens/Se...175107971.html

Fox
http://www.wicz.com/news/video.asp?v...lv&zone=Sports

Puck Daddy Yahoo..real bad video though
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Luke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCilw...ure=youtu.be&a

Benoit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6tP1...ure=youtu.be&a

Last edited by Ski: 10-20-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
I sent in the highlights to 2 tv stations, both coming up in this post..

The goalie fight was an absolute classic w/ Dave Schreiber calling, most likely going national as we will send it in to espn..

WBNG
http://www.wbng.com/sports/b-sens/Se...175107971.html
Thanks for those highlights. Lehner is a badass.

That OT goal was just plain awful though... geez.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 11:35 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Done!

What time is the game tomorrow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
5 I think?

Can't wait. I'm seriously lacking hockey.
Yeah it's at 5:00. I'll miss it though

10-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Berserker*

Aside from Lawson playing like ****, I think the loss of Cowen and Dziurzynski had a big impact on the outcome of this game. Cowen is the number one d man and is very sound defensively, having pulled a muscle last game, he sat out this whole game. Dziurzynski who is one of the better defensive forwards and top pker on the team, didn't seem to touch the ice after his fight. I'm assuming that he injured something and that is why he didn't go back on the ice. Hopefully it is something minor and that he can get back to playing soon.

If Cowen and DD were playing, I think that they would have been able to calm the sens down in their own zone and could have helped maintain the lead.

Aside from that I thought Stone had a very good game. He is starting to find his stride in this league and is showing that he has some real potential as a pro. I also thought that Zibanejad had a good game; he has looked great so far this season.

I don't know why Cowick is still playing. So far he hasn't really fulfilled his role on this team. Unless I am mistaken, I was under the impression that his role was to be a spark plug for this team. The kind of player who helps change the momentum for his team through big hits, fights and overall physical play. So far I haven't noticed him make any big hits, agitate anyone or start a fight when the team needs a momentum shift. I guess I expected him to step up and provide a momentum shift when Syracuse started scoring a few goals. I for one, would like to see Hamilton or Kramer take his spot in the lineup and see if they can fill that role better.

I think that was another thing that hurt about not having DD on the ice in the second half of the game. He has done a good job so far of being a sparkplug for the team and providing momentum shifts with his fights and hits. He did beat the dog **** out of that guy he fought though.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Highlights..
http://www.sendtonews.com/?id=211&SK=KNIkaWINWS

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:34 AM
playasRus

Did the Crunch get penalties for crashing the net that much? From the highlights sounds like they didn't and man they were really late getting into Lehner's face.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 02:49 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Lehner's "attitude" is being blown way out of proportion tonight.
Understatement of the GDT.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 04:10 AM
Peter The Great

Hahaha! :-) I have to admit I love Lehner, he isn't only an extremely good goalie, this guy also has tons of heart for the team he plays for and and tons of passion for the game.

Not to forget, he is huge, strong and mean. ;-)

Beating down an angry Finn??? I hope the King of Sweden will honour him with a medal or something, priceless.

I would like to see a Swedish national team with Lehner backed up by defensemen Douglas Murray, Hedman, Kronwall, Edler, Ohlund, Jonathan Ericsson and Grossman, just for the pure fun of it and running over Finns.

Last edited by 21: 10-21-2012 at 04:23 AM.
21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 07:49 AM
koreaboy

wow. he laid a good ol' fashioned a$$-paddling on helenius.

that will be more than a game suspension, methinks. he might have made contact with an official on his first punch-up in the crease, and then he went after another guy. and the optics of trying to pump up the crowd after won't help him either.

i think he's definitely become a big-time prospect, but like i've said, he has got to get that under control.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 07:55 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
What is he going to get suspended for?

He was in his own end, he didn't cross the red line. He was clearly provoked, and he was challenged to the fight by the other goalie.

What is suspension worthy? Winning the fight?

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Rumcajs

I dont get the hate on Lehner. The team was up 5-0. Why wouldnt he fight someone. How would he expect that another PROFESSIONAL goaltender on the team with NHL experience would blow that kind of lead.

No harm no foul.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Lehner should have denied the fight. Would have looked much better.
People who do stuff like this, deserve a slow and painful death via cancer or something like that.

It's disgusting.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:10 AM
koreaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
What is he going to get suspended for?

He was in his own end, he didn't cross the red line. He was clearly provoked, and he was challenged to the fight by the other goalie.

What is suspension worthy? Winning the fight?
because in my view, he made contact with an official on the way up, he punched at a guy who was engaged with someone else, and he has a bit of a history of stuff like this.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:12 AM
koreaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
I dont get the hate on Lehner. The team was up 5-0. Why wouldnt he fight someone. How would he expect that another PROFESSIONAL goaltender on the team with NHL experience would blow that kind of lead.

No harm no foul.
cmon. let's not get silly here. no one is "hating" on lehner. i love the guy. have since i saw him live in his very first rookie camp workout in ottawa. he's always been huge, square, and technically sound. i think he's going to be a legit. no.1 NHL goalie and possibly a star NHL goalie.

that doesnt mean he shouldnt learn to calm down a bit and not allow himself to be goaded into stuff like this like he has 3 times now.

Old
10-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
because in my view, he made contact with an official on the way up, he punched at a guy who was engaged with someone else, and he has a bit of a history of stuff like this.
In all fairness, contact with the Lino is normal during a fight (Over here at least anyway)... Punching the guy in a fight would make him '3rd Man In' and a History, meh ain't so important....

Personally, If I was doing it... 2+5+10. I'd just eject him from that game and leave it at that... No need for anything else (IMO)

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:21 AM
koreaboy

well, i hope you're right, but i doubt it. he will be suspended almost certainly. all of the optics go against him

-contact with an official
-3rd man in
-goalie fight
-goading the crowd after
-he has a history

Old
10-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Pitlick*

It is laughable that people think "goading the crowd" will be considered in a suspension hearing.

Chris Neil has done this dozens of times, I've never seen him get in trouble for it. It would be different if it was a road game, and he gave the crowd the finger or something.

It was a safe time to get ejected with the game well in hand. 5-0 half way through the game should be insurmountable. It sure isn't Lehner's fault that Lawson is a terrible seive. 5 goals in half a game to tie it? And 3 of them were extremely weak. The blame goes to the guy with the over 10.00 GAA, not the guy who snapped when some idiot landed on him. The lead should have been safe. Where was Bishop? Not in shape yet perhaps?

That being said, Lennie should tone this down for the NHL. Of course the NHL has better referees that won't let some career minor league stiff land on a top prospect goalie without a penalty. And NHL refs wouldn't lose control of the game like that.

I can't believe Lawson refused an ECHL assignment. He belongs in the CoHL.

Lehner looks ready. If he gets a call up this year, and is a brick wall, and Bishop is playing well, we might see Anderson traded to the Blackhawks at the trade deadline. Mark it down...

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
It is laughable that people think "goading the crowd" will be considered in a suspension hearing.

Chris Neil has done this dozens of times, I've never seen him get in trouble for it. It would be different if it was a road game, and he gave the crowd the finger or something.
I'd raise his jersey to the rafters myself if he did that though.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Pitlick*

Someday he will caber toss Ben Scrivner on to the Leaf bench, knocking out Phaneuf, Kessel, and Carlyle in the process.

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

So when should we be hearing from the AHL on any possible suspensions? Guys play at 5 today so I'm thinking Lehner will be scratched unless somethings decided by then.

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
well, i hope you're right, but i doubt it. he will be suspended almost certainly. all of the optics go against him

-3rd man in
-goalie fight
-goading the crowd after
-he has a history
None of what he did should bring a suspension, however he does need to avoid this stuff in the future.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:07 AM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
Someone needs to tell Lehner losing your cool and then getting in a fight with a five goal lead is not the appropriate time.
Not sure if serious... If a 5 goal lead isn't the appropriate time, when is? A 6 goal lead? 7 goal lead? 10 goal lead? Never? Just let the other goalie beat you down?

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:16 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:

-3rd man in
-goalie fight
-goading the crowd after
-he has a history
Except for the contact with an official, which I didn't see, you are completely out to, not just lunch, but breakfast and dinner as well with all of those things.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote