HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Game 4] Syracuse @ Bingo | Octobeer 20th, 2012 | 7:05 pm w/ stream

Old
10-21-2012, 09:22 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
If he wasn't given a 3rd man in penalty at the time...they aren't going to give him one after the game.

I know he got a misconduct penalty. Was it for 3rd man in?

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Al Cervick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty26 View Post
i can say tons of bad things about him, but not involving his attitude, especially not tonight. guy got challenged, he accepted. if you dont then you look like a ***** and lose credibility. as far as tactics, if teams are dressing their backups to intentionally start fights with another teams starter, i think THAT is the issue.
Ottawa fan and Crunch fan here. You should do a little more research before you accuse a team of "dressing a backup to intentionally start fights with other teams starter". Tokarski and Helenius
are a 1A and 1B and have split games since the start of the season. I highly doubt that was in the gameplan. Game got out of hand after Boro's boarding penalty that put J.T. Brown out of the game.

Al Cervick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Canuckman44

I thought Gryba played great until he got hurt in the fight and stayed on the bench the rest of the game. It was 5-0 when he left.

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:43 AM
benjiv1

WOW, some of you are blowing this WAAAAYYYY out of proportion.

Lehner was defending himself. If he didn't he would have kept getting run and crashed all night, which could have lead to an injury.

He really didn't have much of an option. Syracuse had nothing to lose. They were down 5-0 and could continue to run Lehner for the rest of the game without consequence.

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:47 AM
derriko

vCash: 4116
While Lehner was defending himself, the guy he went after wasnt even involved haha. There were two crunch players, and one sen on top of him, he gets up, sees the first player next to him, and starts punching him in the back of the head with his glove hand. The ref was in arm distance of that incident as well which is probably a big part of the reason he was suspended. I could see a 1 game suspension, but nothing more.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
If you are going to fault Lehner then fault good old Kanata boy Borowiecki as well. What he did was even more stupid. You don't fight in a one goal game with 5 minutes left with you being one of the best defensive defensemen on the team....

Ghost in the Shell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 09:56 AM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
While Lehner was defending himself, the guy he went after wasnt even involved haha. There were two crunch players, and one sen on top of him, he gets up, sees the first player next to him, and starts punching him in the back of the head with his glove hand. The ref was in arm distance of that incident as well which is probably a big part of the reason he was suspended. I could see a 1 game suspension, but nothing more.
When did he get suspended? Did I miss something?

Old
10-21-2012, 10:23 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
When did he get suspended? Did I miss something?
He will likely face a lengthy suspension for hitting the Syracuse player who was already tied up by the Bingo defenceman, as well as the goalie fight which is an automatic review by the league. Still watching Nicole's twitter for updates but nothing yet.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:35 AM
BrawlFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
He will likely face a lengthy suspension for hitting the Syracuse player who was already tied up by the Bingo defenceman, as well as the goalie fight which is an automatic review by the league. Still watching Nicole's twitter for updates but nothing yet.
1st: I dont think he'll get suspended. He didnt do anything as bad as being described by main, he just took a shot at a player that happens all the time and had a goalie fight.

2nd: Main your Lehner hate is played out man. You have no ground to stand on right now. I didnt watch him last year so I cant comment on last years performance but i have watched every single game of this year as the OSens arent playing. Through the first 4 games Lehner is extremely well.
Game 1: He played well got the W
Game 2: He played well got the W
Game 3: Team didnt show up infront of him, which has been stated at nauseam by Coach Richardson and the players in the post game commentary. Tons of traffic and still was solid IMO.
Game 4: The guy played extremely well for the portion he was in. He got into a fight and lost his cool in a 5-0 game, 5-0!!!! It wasnt a 2-1 game in game 7 of the playoffs, it was a 5-0 game in the 4th game of the season. If I have to pick a time for him to fight i'll take last night any day of the week. I blame Lawson for last night but the team didnt really help him out either.

Last edited by SixthSens: 10-21-2012 at 10:43 AM.
BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 10:37 AM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
LOL, a lengthy suspension for throwing a punch?

I'm guessing he gets nothing.

Old
10-21-2012, 10:47 AM
HenrySpezzaThoreau
Out in the woods

Don't look now but Stone is PPG in the AHL

Also, in case anyone else missed it:

HenrySpezzaThoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:01 AM
leftwinglocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
..and Boro getting in his third fight when the team had already lost Gryba was fine?

These guys are young, the ref let the game get out of hand and they let their emotions get the best of them.

The point being is what happened wasn't an attitude issue as you suggested, it was a case of emotions getting the best of at least Boro and Lehner.

This is why they are in the AHL, to learn from their mistakes.
You need to watch a little more closely. Boro had 2 fights and a 5 min major in the first for boarding that wasn't even a penalty. Koharski called the result not the hit. Schreiber even said as much on the radio.

Watch the video of the 2nd fight. He jumped in because Silf and Zibby were getting mugged and no one was doing anything about it. Would you have preferred to see those two guys get pounded ? I'll be looking for one of your posts further down the road to complain about Sens players not standing up for each other, I guess.

leftwinglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Another angle..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:04 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

That was great, reminds me of that Philly game the Sens had a few yrs ago or the Buffalo game with Emery smiling & fighting. Nothing wrong with it regardless of what the league might do. I think it will bring the team closer together to see each other stick up for each other, I love Lehner's passion. I'm quite sure that every Tom, Dick & Harry in the organization will talk to Lehner about it including the media crying but hopefully it doesn't change him, that will naturally happen through age. But for now we should enjoy it that he is so fired up & passionate & ready to take on all comers. Wasn't Emery the last Ottawa goalie to take Ottawa to the Stanley Cup finals & hasn't Lehner won a Calder Cup & playoff MVP?

That being said Lawson obiously was way off his game & unprepared for the game although he could have used a little more help defensively. At 5-0 they should have shut them down but hey it happens. I feel better about them sticking up for themselves then I do about the score & the loss. Can't wait for some of that size & toughness to make it's way to Ottawa. Should never have sustituded Claesson for Cowen, huge mistake, Claesson should be in Elmira.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

^^Cowen is injured therefore Claesson..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
That was great, reminds me of that Philly game the Sens had a few yrs ago or the Buffalo game with Emery smiling & fighting. Nothing wrong with it regardless of what the league might do. I think it will bring the team closer together to see each other stick up for each other, I love Lehner's passion. I'm quite sure that every Tom, Dick & Harry in the organization will talk to Lehner about it including the media crying but hopefully it doesn't change him, that will naturally happen through age. But for now we should enjoy it that he is so fired up & passionate & ready to take on all comers. Wasn't Emery the last Ottawa goalie to take Ottawa to the Stanley Cup finals & hasn't Lehner won a Calder Cup & playoff MVP?

That being said Lawson obiously was way off his game & unprepared for the game although he could have used a little more help defensively. At 5-0 they should have shut them down but hey it happens. I feel better about them sticking up for themselves then I do about the score & the loss. Can't wait for some of that size & toughness to make it's way to Ottawa. Should never have sustituded Claesson for Cowen, huge mistake, Claesson should be in Elmira.
Cowen is injured, Claesson is replacing an injury, not subbing in for someone

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
We Want the Cup 2010

Some positives

-good team building game

-a good lesson for the youngsters

We Want the Cup 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:16 AM
ILLESToO
Godspeed, Bryan....

Haven't post in a long time, have to...

Nothing wrong with this, Lehner gets crashed in, it should've been his D that are in a fight but if they don't want to drop the gloves then good on Lehner for defending himself!! In no way he is to blame for the loss

ILLESToO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:30 AM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
Someone needs to tell Lehner losing your cool and then getting in a fight with a five goal lead is not the appropriate time.
With a 5 goal lead half way into a game......when is an appropriate time?

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:42 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
^^Cowen is injured therefore Claesson..
Thanks. What were the lines tonight Ski? and where is Zeke these days?

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 11:51 AM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

I agree with everything here but the last sentence, but thats already been mentioned. If this happened at game 70, and we were in the playoff hunt, I would be upset, but this was game 4! The team could really grow closer from this, which definentely improves character and chemistry. Yea theres still a chance we miss out on the playoffs by 2 points, but thats not very likely, and I think the positives still outweigh the negatives.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Daffy

Those who are blaming Lehner really don't understand the game of hockey. End of discussion.

Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:10 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Those who are blaming Lehner really don't understand the game of hockey. End of discussion.
I don't think its lack of understanding as much as it is confirmation bias.

FolignoQuantumLeap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:12 PM
HugeMidget

Don't know how anyone could blame Lehner at all lol. Panik ripped off his helmet which would piss any goalie off. Then Helenius wanted to go, and Lehner dropped him. If Bingo had kept it together as a team for the last 40 mins nobody would be saying anything.

HugeMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 12:16 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Seriously. It's really too bad that Lawson came in and pooped because it is making these dummies think they have a legitimate point.

Hockey is a man's game. If you cross a line, you are usually held accountable. Not to rhyme off a tired cliche, but fighting is part of the game.

Lehner did nothing wrong here. He in fact did exactly what he should have done.

And this whole "attitude" thing is just stupid. Tons of great players have been accused of having "attitude" problems. Mario for example. Belfour was known for not playing nice with his backups. Spezza used to have the "attitude" tag and still does among some Toronto fans.

Do you think Crosby has attitude? Of course he does.

You can't play the game afraid to lose. Lehner picked a perfect spot to respond how he did. It's not his fault that a shooter tutor would have fared better than Lawson did.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote