HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Tie game!

Old
klozge
Avs

vCash: 500
2:2 Another perfect PP goal. Seemed to be so easy. Barry.

Old
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Nice PP. I like that Barrie pushes the play both with and without the puck . Should translate well to when he plays with more skilled players.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:38 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Great camerawork!

Old
11-23-2012, 08:40 PM
klozge
Avs

I'm not a big Aittokallio fan tonight.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:43 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Good job DVDG.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:44 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

This commentator is SO ******.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:48 PM
klozge
Avs

I'm so amazed by Barrie. His passes... everything.... he is so good.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Chileiceman

What a beauty by Saad, sad to say

Old
11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
klozge
Avs

Stupid goal. Aittokallio isn't good.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Tralfamadore
Back down to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
Stupid goal. Aittokallio isn't good.
Relax

Old
11-23-2012, 08:57 PM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BON IVER View Post
Relax
Oh, no worries. I'm totally relaxed. It's just a game.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:08 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Game over.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:11 PM
klozge
Avs

Meh. It's over. Monsters weren't smart enough. I do think that Aittokallio is not good enough for the AHL, though. He wasn't the main reason for this loss but he didn't help.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:15 PM
klozge
Avs

Tonight the whole team but Barrie wasn't good enough imo.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
Tonight the whole team but Barrie wasn't good enough imo.
Yeah, Barrie was flying out there tonight, seems like the other team had problems containing him.

I did notice that Elliott had more jump, those of you who made comments that he was trying to be more creative out there were right on.

This team has a weird feel to it though, like they are capable of more but seems like a bunch of those guys aren't certain what their role should be. (Maybe I am hallucinating, but it's the feeling I get)

1) I like the Pock-Barrie combo but confused as to why Gaunce doesn't play with Elliott. That seems like the next 2 best d-men this team has.

2) I still see no use for what I've seen of Sean Sullivan. Maybe it's a 'fit' thing but it's just not working, in my opinion.

3) Curious as to why guys like Olver and DVDG don't seem to be able to get much going. Both these guys played some significant time in the NHL last year. I haven't seen all the monsters games but I would have expected more from them.

4) Both Geoff Walker & Bill Thomas have been pretty big disappointments up to this point. I think they could sit and we really wouldn't know the difference.

Perhaps for points #3 and #4, those 4 guys expected to play a bigger role on the team but the emergence of the young guys Agozzino, Sgarbossa and Luke Walker to a lesser extent, have scambled the cards a bit and now these guys are wondering how they fit on to this team. Anyways, those are my thoughts...perhaps someone who knows this team better can shed some light on these concerns.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Yeah, Barrie was flying out there tonight, seems like the other team had problems containing him.

I did notice that Elliott had more jump, those of you who made comments that he was trying to be more creative out there were right on.

This team has a weird feel to it though, like they are capable of more but seems like a bunch of those guys aren't certain what their role should be. (Maybe I am hallucinating, but it's the feeling I get)

1) I like the Pock-Barrie combo but confused as to why Gaunce doesn't play with Elliott. That seems like the next 2 best d-men this team has.

2) I still see no use for what I've seen of Sean Sullivan. Maybe it's a 'fit' thing but it's just not working, in my opinion.

3) Curious as to why guys like Olver and DVDG don't seem to be able to get much going. Both these guys played some significant time in the NHL last year. I haven't seen all the monsters games but I would have expected more from them.

4) Both Geoff Walker & Bill Thomas have been pretty big disappointments up to this point. I think they could sit and we really wouldn't know the difference.

Perhaps for points #3 and #4, those 4 guys expected to play a bigger role on the team but the emergence of the young guys Agozzino, Sgarbossa and Luke Walker to a lesser extent, have scambled the cards a bit and now these guys are wondering how they fit on to this team. Anyways, those are my thoughts...perhaps someone who knows this team better can shed some light on these concerns.
Elliott has been more creative lately. Again I always felt it was an issue of partners (stollery, Sullivan) and the type of game LE plays that is keeping him from breaking free. You can't really jump in when your partners are only useful if they are involved offensively as their defensive game is nonexistent. Unfortunately that requires Elliott to hold back.
Olver plays with Malone and Carey. Neither are skilled juggernauts but meat and potato guys. And like Elliott, plays in a system that can hinder his offensive game. He's had his spots of looking bad so not everything has been great on his end either.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Zandar

continuing with my previous post...

VDG (and a lot of LE) falls into the hard working meat and potato guys. They will have their streaks of success but won't be offensive juggernauts. Players with the creativity and skill, like Sgar and Aggz, will have the potential to make a bigger impact on the score sheet. Because of this, LE's coach seems to favor the fast and hard working approach with a dump and chase game plan. The skilled players have been able to "survive" in that system and have improved offensively when paired with other players with skill...such as on the powerplay or in Sgar's case...on the first line. You will notice that when teams adjust to LE, the players who are still most effective are the ones with the skills and creativity to break through. Unfortunately that is limited in the forward ranks and the defense isn't good enough (outside the top pairing) to allow someone like Elliott to jump in and be creative throwing the other team off their game plan. Until you start loading up the scoring lines with Sgar, Aggz, Lerg, Olver and Connolly (when he's up to speed...pun intended), the offense will mostly come from garbage goals, chances created from Walker/Carey's speed, Barrie jumping in or on the powerplay. I don't think LE is going to roll the " All 5'9 " line any time soon so the forwards with skill will have mixed results as they aren't big enough to have continued success doing dump and chase and their linemates aren't at the same level to have the line running on all cylinders.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:02 PM
klozge
Avs

Maybe it's just me but I think the players are trying too hard to avoid taking penalties. That's not the team I loved in the first games of the season anymore. Again, maybe it's just me.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:04 PM
klozge
Avs

Oh, and http://atdhenet.tv/52557/watch-rockf...-erie-monsters

Old
11-24-2012, 07:18 PM
klozge
Avs

Terrible first period. No heart.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Chileiceman

The game's being broadcast on TV in Cleveland, I don't know why they don't take that feed rather than the stupid one camera feed. Even the scoreboard feed would be better. I wouldn't pay 5 dollars for AHL Live.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I like the skating and effort of the Monsters, but you can tell they are a bit low on skill compared to other teams. It's really only Barrie, Elliott and Sgarbossa that has a nice skill set. Pock and Olver are decently skilled.

Hopefully the lockout ends soon and there will be some skill leaving the other teams.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:59 PM
klozge
Avs

The game last night was bad but this is even worse. Totally boring hockey.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Pirate!

Closed Thread