HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

vCash: 50
5 goals conceded

Old
12-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
I very much regret tuning in for this 3rd period.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:31 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
I very much regret tuning in for this 3rd period.
same

Old
12-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog The Viking View Post
I still believe in Elliott might take him a bit longer then expected but i think he will be at least a 40 pt dman hoping for 50-60 though. how do you guys think sgarbossa's max potential in the NHL looks?
Right now, it's looking pretty damn good. It's even hard to put a ceiling on it, to be honest. Sometimes, it's not JUST about points but more about how well a player can see the ice and this kid is lights out. Mid-way through the 2nd period, as they were entering the Rochester zone, Sgarbossa fed a 'Forsberg-like' pass to Olver to enter the zone...I was like whoa...WTF that was SICK!

He's got 23 points in 26 games as a 20 year old, first year pro TO BEGIN the season? Are you kidding me? I mean, I could see it to 'finish the season' as the adjustment is gradually made from playing junior to the pros but he's been doing it all season.

Very, VERY impressive. Doug Wilson MUST be freaking the **** out!

Old
12-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Are Gaunce and Walker injured or scratches?

Old
12-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Are Gaunce and Walker injured or scratches?
No idea. Considering those would have to be coaching decisions and we don't appear to have one, I'd say BOTH?

Old
12-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Chileiceman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Trollver. Lol.

Who is Stollery? He has been good this game.
I think that's the only positive thing I've ever seen anyone say about Stollery. Generally it's a contest between him, Goers and Sullivan to see who can be the most incompetent D-man of the game.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:30 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
I think that's the only positive thing I've ever seen anyone say about Stollery. Generally it's a contest between him, Goers and Sullivan to see who can be the most incompetent D-man of the game.
Haha so true.

I didn't watch the game but I saw that it was 5-2 for us to end the 2nd period and I was excited to get home and see the highlights. What happened?

Old
12-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Haha so true.

I didn't watch the game but I saw that it was 5-2 for us to end the 2nd period and I was excited to get home and see the highlights. What happened?
Trying to sit on a lead, a little bit of luck for the other team, Aittokallio seemed to be surprised by the puck all the time. It was pretty messy.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Stollery should be in the echl, to be honest. He had his moments early yesterday, but he ended the game horribly. Terrible at ahl level.

Old
12-14-2012, 04:45 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
I quit watching after the 2nd. I don't know how anyone watches on those terrible internet feeds with announcers that know nothing about the game. They didn't even know who the players were. It was like they were calling off of the same feed I had, which could have been true.

Also, Stollery was moving the puck well and skating well in the first 2 periods. Those were the only 2 periods of Monsters hockey I have seen all season. I have never heard of him but he seemed like a good puck mover.

Old
12-14-2012, 04:48 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I quit watching after the 2nd. I don't know how anyone watches on those terrible internet feeds with announcers that know nothing about the game. They didn't even know who the players were. It was like they were calling off of the same feed I had, which could have been true.

Also, Stollery was moving the puck well and skating well in the first 2 periods. Those were the only 2 periods of Monsters hockey I have seen all season. I have never heard of him but he seemed like a good puck mover.
Im assuming you guys didnt get Doug Plagens as the commentator because he is pretty knowledgable.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:28 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Im assuming you guys didnt get Doug Plagens as the commentator because he is pretty knowledgable.
On the feed I had I think he was on in the background. Then there was a broadcast crew talking over him. It was terrible whatever it was.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
The online feeds are terrible but AHL hockey in general is just hard to watch.

Sgarbossa has looked very good in all of the games I've seen. That was one hell of a trade by Sherman and I'm guessing Pracey had a lot to do with it as well.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
The online feeds are terrible
Last night was perhaps the 2nd or 3rd feed I have found for AHL hockey that did not have dual feeds on one channel. Meaning, home and away broadcasts share what you hear. And as bad as AHL feeds are, I have, for years and years, preferred radio feeds. I don't mid the bad cameras (much), but the audio!

Old
12-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Right now, it's looking pretty damn good. It's even hard to put a ceiling on it, to be honest. Sometimes, it's not JUST about points but more about how well a player can see the ice and this kid is lights out. Mid-way through the 2nd period, as they were entering the Rochester zone, Sgarbossa fed a 'Forsberg-like' pass to Olver to enter the zone...I was like whoa...WTF that was SICK!

He's got 23 points in 26 games as a 20 year old, first year pro TO BEGIN the season? Are you kidding me? I mean, I could see it to 'finish the season' as the adjustment is gradually made from playing junior to the pros but he's been doing it all season.

Very, VERY impressive. Doug Wilson MUST be freaking the **** out!
mcginn and sgar for just gally in the end he really must be tripping balls we got a 20-30 goals in mcginn and a prospect that looks like he'll be an NHL player for just a rental and gally well done sherman

Old
12-15-2012, 06:36 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Hopefully this link works.

http://www.usagoals.com/live/290680-...ivo/tv/gratis/

Old
12-15-2012, 07:17 PM
cgf

Quote:
mcginn and sgar for just gally in the end he really must be tripping balls we got a 20-30 goals in mcginn and a prospect that looks like he'll be an NHL player for just a rental and gally well done sherman
Greg from Accounting just makes good trades.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:23 PM
klozge
Avs

Too bad there's no working link tonight. Would be nice to watch our guys against Vancouver's prospects.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Yup. Honestly everyone has been saying the EJ trade is the one that will likely define Greg from accounting and this team, but this McGinn trade could turn out to be absolute robbery for us. McGinn is looking like an easy 20-30 goal guy playing next to Stastny, and Sgarbossa's potential at this point could be endless, like seriously its impossible to say at this point what his top end potential is. Undrafted, led the OHL in scoring last year, and is now 2nd among ALL rookies in scoring in the AHL, playing at very close to a PPG pace on a team that plays a more defensive style. He's out playing the likes of Baertschi, Schwatz, Zibanejad, Etem, and a bunch more. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt have just as much potential as these guys.

So ultimately, its looking like a 25/25 guy in McGinn, a 3rd/4th liner in Connolly, and possibly as high as 30/40 in Sgarbossa ALL for Galiardi, and 2 months of Winnik.

I seriously do not know how Greg from Accounting pulled this one off. IMO he might be the most underrated trader of all GM's.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Honestly, I don't see much in Connolly. Slow and undersized, without great puck skill. may have the puck skills to play in the NHL, but not sure he will be a regular. Note the way he's lighting up the A.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:50 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Yup. Honestly everyone has been saying the EJ trade is the one that will likely define Greg from accounting and this team, but this McGinn trade could turn out to be absolute robbery for us. McGinn is looking like an easy 20-30 goal guy playing next to Stastny, and Sgarbossa's potential at this point could be endless, like seriously its impossible to say at this point what his top end potential is. Undrafted, led the OHL in scoring last year, and is now 2nd among ALL rookies in scoring in the AHL, playing at very close to a PPG pace on a team that plays a more defensive style. He's out playing the likes of Baertschi, Schwatz, Zibanejad, Etem, and a bunch more. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt have just as much potential as these guys.

So ultimately, its looking like a 25/25 guy in McGinn, a 3rd/4th liner in Connolly, and possibly as high as 30/40 in Sgarbossa ALL for Galiardi, and 2 months of Winnik.

I seriously do not know how Greg from Accounting pulled this one off. IMO he might be the most underrated trader of all GM's.
It was the extra 7th Round Draft pick that sealed the deal for the Sharks.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Honestly, I don't see much in Connolly. Slow and undersized, without great puck skill. may have the puck skills to play in the NHL, but not sure he will be a regular. Note the way he's lighting up the A.
I agree.
I doubt he will be much more than a warm body in the NHL. I think it was purely an AHL move with possible NHL-upside.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
I tend to oversimplify this trade to pretty much

Galiardi -> Mcginn
Winnik -> Sgarbossa
7th -> Connolly

I agree that I don't see connolly ever really being anything more than a career AHLer/injury callup but I think they just wanted another offensive player for Erie.

Even if its just Gali + 2 months of Winnik for Mcginn I see it as a win for us. If Sgarbossa continues to improve and translates his game to the NHL then this trade is outright robbery for us.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:48 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
He's picking it up lately after a slow start but I highly doubt that he makes the NHL. He is not gritty nor good enough defensively for a bottom 6 role and definitely not talented enough offensively for a top 6 role.

Closed Thread