HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2012, 11:07 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
dang the first game i cant watch seemed like an exciting finish. Saw the highlights was scarbossa good the whole game? Did the defense bounce back at all from that **** show the other night?

Old
10-27-2012, 11:12 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
how has Sgarbossa looked?
Looking at posts above seems like he's pretty good
the most recent game was his best in terms of creativity stepped out of the role of being a serviceable ahl scorer to a game where he looked like he maybe one day could step into the role into the nhl as a helper on a scoring line.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:33 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
that's what im concerned about, we have the skilled players, duchene staz, o'reilly and all of our other boys, sure mcginn and downie added grit to the team, but were still missing the physical part to the team, our back end makes up for it, but it needs to be a haetly balance up front, im still not sold on olver, malone looks like he can become a serviceable 4th liner though.
Landeskog? McLeod?

Edit : Even Parenteau puts up close to 100 hits, I'd say he adds to the grit of the team some but not in the knockout hits kind of way McGinn, Lando, and McLeod can. Pretty much every forward puts up 100 hits or better besides our centers. We have plenty of physicality up front, IMO we are actually going to be a scary team to play against. Whenever that is anyways...

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 10-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old
10-28-2012, 12:06 PM
GamingGiant

Sgarbossa with a nice goal in the 3rd, and slick hands in the shootout.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Why is Huberdeau not in the AHL? Is he too young?

Old
10-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

He's still 19 and he'll be 20 in June next year, so he's probably too young.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:48 PM
skip2mybordeleau
Sign O'Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Landeskog? McLeod?

Edit : Even Parenteau puts up close to 100 hits, I'd say he adds to the grit of the team some but not in the knockout hits kind of way McGinn, Lando, and McLeod can. Pretty much every forward puts up 100 hits or better besides our centers. We have plenty of physicality up front, IMO we are actually going to be a scary team to play against. Whenever that is anyways...
mcleod has become progressively worse each year in my mind, landeskog you are right about as i find him alot like iginla and plays his best when he is physically engaged, but a guy like parenteau is more effective when he isnt the first guy into the corner, we throw a line of duchene-hejduk- parenteau out on the ice and he's the first guy into the corner i don't think the forecheck will be as effective as it can be.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Cody was actually pretty good last year, he played with an edge, cut down on dumb penalties and he wasn't a liability on the ice, all in all a pretty good 4th liner. We have enough of forwards who play with grit.

Old
10-28-2012, 02:49 PM
billybobjoe1881

Why did we play four games against Oklahoma already?

Old
10-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Cody was actually pretty good last year, he played with an edge, cut down on dumb penalties and he wasn't a liability on the ice, all in all a pretty good 4th liner. We have enough of forwards who play with grit.
At least the second half of last season First half he was a bit reckless with hitting and was talking a lot to the refs, which led to him taking too many penalties.

I wonder if the coaches told him to wise up at some point because he played much more disciplined the latter half of the season.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Kloparren
Hth

0 points in 7 games by Stefan Elliott. I don't expect him to be scoring like Schultz or Gardiner or anything and admittedly I haven't watched much but that's disappointing.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

He was scratched last game.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
He was scratched last game.
Elliott was scratched?

Whoa. I remember seeing Goers and Sullivan on the team sheet, but really? them over Elliott?
He wasn't really anything special in the 3,5 games I have watched this year, but still.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
0 points in 7 games by Stefan Elliott. I don't expect him to be scoring like Schultz or Gardiner or anything and admittedly I haven't watched much but that's disappointing.
Shattenkirk scored nothing in the AHL before lighting the NHL lamps. I'm less concerned about Elliott due to his past NHL performance than I am with seeing Barrie show some creativity.

So I'm happy with both as of now still. Only Elliott's NHL play will affect my opinion of him for the near future.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Zandar

Quote:
You also have to take into consideration who his partners have been. Both Goers and Stollery need to create offense to be effective. That kind of limits what Elliott can do without possibly hurting his team. They have played some of the toughest teams in the conference that have serious firepower so Elliott would have been best keeping things simple. He's had his moments but until a better partner...or one who can play D...is put in place, Elliott will be working more on his defense. The Avs necessity to load LE up with PMD is a little much. This weekend sees two weaker teams so we may see some more creativity out of Elliott.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:37 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Elliott was scratched?

Whoa. I remember seeing Goers and Sullivan on the team sheet, but really? them over Elliott?
He wasn't really anything special in the 3,5 games I have watched this year, but still.
Yup, but I agree I think Elliott has been much better than Goers and Sullivan. One thing though is I really dislike Elliott's partner Stollery and how he plays on both 5v5 and the PP, but Stefan is putting himself in really bad situations in all aspects of the game. The last game he played he was suffering from confidence issues, but I'm not worrying about him because like Loanwolfe said, he already has proven himself in the NHL.

I just can't wait until Chouinard comes back to help Elliott on the PP.

Last edited by S E P H: 10-29-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old
10-29-2012, 12:54 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Aslong as hes working on his defensive game im not terribly concerned. He'll put up numbers in the NHL.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:24 PM
The Kingslayer

Pretty sick shootout goal from Sgarbossa and loved Pickards reaction after his last save

Old
10-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I have zero doubts about Elliots skating and shot. He seems to be a pretty decent playmaker too. The points will come.

As long as he's improving what he needs to improve, there is no reason to freak out.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:16 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I have zero doubts about Elliots skating and shot. He seems to be a pretty decent playmaker too. The points will come.

As long as he's improving what he needs to improve, there is no reason to freak out.
Exactly

Old
10-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

What's the deal with Mike Connolly? Noticed he hasn't played yet, is he hurt? What kind of injury and what kind of timeline? I expected him to be among Lake Erie's leading scorers this season too, and possibly even crack Colorado's roster...your thoughts?

Old
10-30-2012, 10:47 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle View Post
What's the deal with Mike Connolly? Noticed he hasn't played yet, is he hurt? What kind of injury and what kind of timeline? I expected him to be among Lake Erie's leading scorers this season too, and possibly even crack Colorado's roster...your thoughts?
If I remember correctly its a head injury (concussion). I'm not sure of any time frame for him to return.

If he'd been healthy I would have expected him to be near the top of Lake Erie scoring wise, as for making the Avs it would have been very long shot. Right now he is a top line winger in the AHL and if healthy he would probably be one of the first guys called up if there were to be an injury.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
If I remember correctly its a head injury (concussion). I'm not sure of any time frame for him to return.

If he'd been healthy I would have expected him to be near the top of Lake Erie scoring wise, as for making the Avs it would have been very long shot. Right now he is a top line winger in the AHL and if healthy he would probably be one of the first guys called up if there were to be an injury.
Typical, he would have a concussion.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude

vCash: 499
The Monsters have a captain: http://www.lakeeriemonsters.com/news...rticle_id=1776

Left wing Bryan Lerg will wear the “C” this year, while left wing David van der Gulik and right wing Bill Thomas will serve as alternate captains at home. Defenseman Thomas Pock and center Brad Malone will both wear the “A” for road games.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
10-30-2012, 05:58 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
Typical, he would have a concussion.
I'm pretty sure that Mike Connolly has a lower body injury and not a concussion.

Also congrats to Lerg. It seems like the players voted on who became captain and Lerg won. Hopefully awesome name equals awesome captain. (For Landy as well)

Closed Thread