HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Now that we just passed the quarter mark of the reg season sched here are individual player grades and team grades in my humble opinion
Players
J.Pavelka- Goal- has been very soilid this year most of the time,acrobatic,consistent and with an ave of 3.37 pretty good for a team thats allowed 68 goals
Grade A
J.Dekort-Goal- The 17 year old goalie has played very in most of his appearances save the Brampton game where everybody was bad,would like to see him get more work,goaltending has not been a problem so far thus season-Grade B+
S.Posa- Def- very steady solid def,has shown nice leadership,would like to see a little more offence from him- Grade B
N.Ebert- Def- Overall pleased with his play,still he can score more,has a great shot,needs to more physical,continues to be a work in progress ,Grade C+
P.Seiloff-Def- Has come as advertised hard hitting,abrasive,nasty to play against,generally being a pain the arse for the opposition,has shown some offensive upside,leads team in goals from the backend with 3,great skater,bomb for a shot,needs to be more accurate with hit,he is Spits best D-man
Grade- B+
B.Devlin-Def- started the season slow sat out a few games but has improved lately,has offensive ability,still think he can be a top 4 guy needs consistency- Grade D
P.Sanvido-def- 16 year old rookie has played fairly well,needs to improve skating,however beginning to use his size more hitting wise,makes a good 1st pass
Grade-B
A.Bateman- had a bad camp,sat out opening nite,and has had a tough time staying in the lineup,inconsistent,lack of confidence,has hurt him so far,looks a little better lately,being used upfront as well not looking out of place,needs to get it together,draft year and all-Grade D-
J.Mcnaughton- Def- had a great camp,has not really translated to the reg season,he is here for his offensive abilities needs to cash in
undersized guy who is not physical,in a battle with Bateman and Bowen for the 6th spot-Grade-D
J.Bowen-Def- only 4 games played ,not alot of ice time,not fair to grade,maybe next quarter-Grade-Inc
B.Vail-Center- pretty consistent most of the year 1 of 2 best forwards this season,needs to be consistent,and be better on the draws-Grade -B+
K.Rychel- LW- started slowly has picked it up leads team in goals with 11,still needs to be more consistent,still the teams most skilled forward,has really missed Koko as his setup man-Grade B-
Michael Clarke- Cen- started strong faded,got better,faded,u get the story has been inconsistent,I like him though,as I consistency is what is needed,has many tools just none of them great-Grade C
Derek Schoenmakers-RW- started slowly has come on scoring as expected,like to see more assists,plays abrasively,needs to improve def, Grade-B
B.Johnson-LW- has not got untracked this season,most underacheiving forward on the team,needs to do what wwas succcessful last year aggressive and fericious on the forecheck to create scoring,NJ did not draft him to score,they drafted him because of work ethic and speed-Grade-D-
C.Marchese-RW- was the hottest scoring forward till he got hurt,started slowly,but really picked it up,consistency and effort is what his game needs- Grade-C+
J.Hosang-Cen/W- has come as advertised dynamic,speedy,elusive
but there are warts to his game,long shifts,holding on to the puck for too long,soft plays,not physical,everything correctable,needs like alot of them consistency,his speed is dizzying,the best player drafted since Taylor Hall- Grade-B
J.Maletta- C/W- Finally healthy,after the 1st game played well for 7 or 8 games now disappeared for the most part,consistency,and being physical will keep in the top 9,tough to project him,is he a winger or center,does not have top end speed,has good hands but rarely uses them,can fire a puck,rarely does that too,dont know what to write,when he is involved he is good when he doesnt he isnt good
Grade-D+
S.Studnicka- RW- works hard,skating has improved,adding a physical element to his game,17 year old is better then last needs to keep improving-Grade-C
E.Clark-LW- small forward with alot of courage and toughness,would like to see more scoring has missed several opps during the 1st quarter,needs to add some offense to warrant being in the top 9,good team guy,looking for better things in the 2nd quarter- Grade-C-
R.Verbeek-Cen- 16 year forward impresses with great speed,grit and determination,has skills needs experience and he will be fine
Grade-C+
T.Bilcke-RW- has shown usual toughness needs to be more consistent with hitting and forechecking to play more
Grade-C
Thats it for the players
Comments are welcome

Old
11-05-2012, 07:26 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitz fan 4ever View Post
hey legend, how would a deal for Vincent Trocheck from Saginaw sound?...19 yr old that can put puck in net and do some play making at the same time. What would this cost us and would it be worth it...he was tied for 9th in the league scoring last year and is a 3rd round draft choice of the florida panthers....what would be the chances of him coming back as an O>A
While I like Trochek alot my guess is that Florida would turn him pro next yr making a trade for him unlikely
Another option would be Allan Quine from Peterborough,if Windsor could get assurances from the Wings that he would be returned nest season I would be willing to move Clarke and Bateman to Peterborugh for Quine and def.Trevor Murphy who is off to a bad start there this season

Old
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
spitz fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
While I like Trochek alot my guess is that Florida would turn him pro next yr making a trade for him unlikely
Another option would be Allan Quine from Peterborough,if Windsor could get assurances from the Wings that he would be returned nest season I would be willing to move Clarke and Bateman to Peterborugh for Quine and def.Trevor Murphy who is off to a bad start there this season
whats up with Quine, only 3 games played..whats the injury status???

Old
11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
whats up with Quine, only 3 games played..whats the injury status???
Just came back from mono!

Old
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
RayzorIsDull

Can't disagree with those grades for the most part. I would probably give Johnson a flat out F. In most circumstances players work hard for their ice time. Johnson continually gets ice time and does nothing with it, maybe some of it has to do with being a top 100 NHL pick and a gold education package but he certainly hasn't earned the ice time in my mind.

Old
11-06-2012, 10:22 AM
OHLTG

Rayzor gave someone an F? I'm shocked

Some opinion on the grades:

Sieloff - Despite the fact he misses some of his hits, he's come as advertised, has made noise, and has shown some offence. I'd go bold and throw an A- his way.

Ho-Sang - I'd go B+. While he struggled early, he's finding what needs to be fixed. Sky is the limit.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:52 PM
spitz fan 4ever

I see KoKo had a goal for team russia last nite , against the quebec league. Hopefully we see him in a spits uniform sometime soon. Thinkin are chances will bb better after world juniors...any thoughts??

Old
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
I see KoKo had a goal for team russia last nite , against the quebec league. Hopefully we see him in a spits uniform sometime soon. Thinkin are chances will bb better after world juniors...any thoughts??
If NHL settles, he has no reason as the talent level will drop and he should have an easier time of it. I think him coming over is a long shot - Rychel and Boughner should offer to trade him if he doesn't want to come back here.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I thought he looked dynamite. Much more dynamic than I remember him. He'd give the Spits a huge boost if he came back.

11-07-2012, 07:54 PM
SpItFiReZ

Koko not ruling out return to Windsor at all.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
Where's the source? Highly doubt it only way he's coming here is if his dad says so,

Old
11-07-2012, 08:45 PM
jughead42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
Get it done Rychel! Throw some puck bunnies and caviar at that kid and get him back in the lineup. He's got a taste of man hockey now from the super KHL (sprinkled with NHLers) now let him come back and show the Spitfires how a pro plays. Finishing the season in Russia isn't going to do much more for him but destroy his confidence. Hopefully whoever is ultimately responsible for his career decisions at this point realizes that. And takes bribes. He's absolutely the missing ingredient on this squad. The only down side I see is having to listen to the usual armchair gm loser bull crap about trading him to a contender as soon as he shows up.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
jughead42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Where's the source? Highly doubt it only way he's coming here is if his dad says so,
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2012/11...-to-spitfires/

It sounds like a real possibility to me. You're probably right about his dad making the decision, but he could always be swayed. If Boston thinks it's best, and Koko busts his old man's balls about wanting to come back, then you'd think he could be persuaded. Rychel needs to get Boston on board with the plan. They didn't seem to mind him going to Russia, but given the situation with the lockout now and Koko's depressing start to the KHL season they might feel differently about what's best for him now.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:23 AM
RayzorIsDull

I think a lot of things are in play right now. Khokhlachev probably doesn't show until after the WJ's. Every game the Spits play from now until he could play probably January 10th is another game that decreases the impact he has on the lineup. The Spits will have played 39 games without Khokhlachev. He would help the Spits but there are many other issues on this team that need to be solved as well. Furthermore if the Spits continue to hang around the 6th or 7th place position in the west is it really worth bringing Khokhlachev on board when you know other teams like London, Plymouth, Kitchener etc.. will be making moves to improve their team?

Old
11-08-2012, 10:39 AM
OHLTG

It doesn't matter if it's now or Jan 10, if you get a chance to bring a guy like Koko in, you're bringing in scoring for free. I'd take him in a heart-beat and, if other teams want to express interest, I'm listening.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:28 PM
4 Bobby ORR

Originally thought the idea of Koko returning was a pipe dream but the article sounds promising. I would be stoked if Koko decided to return. Imagine Ho-Sang on his line- someone who could keep up with him.

Last year he was the set-up man for Rychel but I could see him potentially as a scorer like his first year in the league under Boughner.

This definitely could be a game changer for us.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:12 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
It doesn't matter if it's now or Jan 10, if you get a chance to bring a guy like Koko in, you're bringing in scoring for free. I'd take him in a heart-beat and, if other teams want to express interest, I'm listening.
At this current moment this Spitfire team isn't unquestionably better than what Windsor had last year after the stripping of the team and that was with Khokhlachev. Khokhlachev would help offensively but he also doesn't help a bigger issue and that's keeping the puck out of the Spitfires net, he does not kill penalties either. Trading him shouldn't be an option either considering the horrible return they got for Kuhnhackl that alone should give you pause about dealing Khokhlachev.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:46 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
At this current moment this Spitfire team isn't unquestionably better than what Windsor had last year after the stripping of the team and that was with Khokhlachev. Khokhlachev would help offensively but he also doesn't help a bigger issue and that's keeping the puck out of the Spitfires net, he does not kill penalties either. Trading him shouldn't be an option either considering the horrible return they got for Kuhnhackl that alone should give you pause about dealing Khokhlachev.
Horrible return we got for Kuhnhackl? I think Pavelka would disagree with that.

Koko coming back would lessen any stress we have up front, which could in turn lessen the stress on the back-end. Instead of worrying if the two-goal team or the six-goal team will show up, we've got a constant four-goal team, so the defence relaxes a bit and does their job.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
My feelings are that Khoklachev would be a huge addition to the offense,as well as making every line better as a better player moves down to one of top 3 lines,I think its Windsor"s play on the road thats more of a concern then goals against,the last 6 games at home Spits are 3-0-0-3 and have allowed 14 goals against not including shootout winners,while on the road they have allowed 25 goals in their last 6 and have gone 2-4 in the process
As I have mentioned before not alot separates most of the teams in the conf save Owen Sd,while I admit London,Plymouth have more talent at this juncture ,the addition of Koko narrows that gap
Most if not all of Windsor"s bad games lately in the past month have on the road
Improve the road play goals against drops,get a point collector for free and offense perks up
I guess easier said then done

Old
11-08-2012, 04:05 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Horrible return we got for Kuhnhackl? I think Pavelka would disagree with that.

Koko coming back would lessen any stress we have up front, which could in turn lessen the stress on the back-end. Instead of worrying if the two-goal team or the six-goal team will show up, we've got a constant four-goal team, so the defence relaxes a bit and does their job.
Pavelka is an average goalie in the OHL. He's 14th in GAA and 13th in sv% and his gaa and sv% isn't that improved from last year. If I told some OHL team traded a 40 goal man for a goalie that ranks in the lower half of the league of GAA and sv% what would you say?

If the coaching staff wants Khokhlachev to play in a hybrid trap which they pretty much play right now I bet you the team still has issues scoring goals. Right now Windsor is well below 3 goals per game, you're telling me with Khokhlachev is worth 1+ goals per game? Things don't exactly work that way.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:14 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
My feelings are that Khoklachev would be a huge addition to the offense,as well as making every line better as a better player moves down to one of top 3 lines,I think its Windsor"s play on the road thats more of a concern then goals against,the last 6 games at home Spits are 3-0-0-3 and have allowed 14 goals against not including shootout winners,while on the road they have allowed 25 goals in their last 6 and have gone 2-4 in the process
As I have mentioned before not alot separates most of the teams in the conf save Owen Sd,while I admit London,Plymouth have more talent at this juncture ,the addition of Koko narrows that gap
Most if not all of Windsor"s bad games lately in the past month have on the road
Improve the road play goals against drops,get a point collector for free and offense perks up
I guess easier said then done
I agree 100% about their play on the road, I guess we will see the type of performance they have against Plymouth who's been playing well recently. I would throw Kitchener in that mix as well they haven't been great on the road but after having 8 straight to start the season they stayed afloat and are unbeaten at home. Even in their 11 road games Kitchener has only given up 29 goals. As for knocking everybody else down a line I guess it depends who it knocks down if Johnson or Maletta get knocked down a peg that isn't going to help them produce. If you put either with a guy like Clark, Clarke, Studnicka or Verbeek I doubt Johnson or Maletta would improve. We also haven't talked about a lot depends how Windsor does in their next 20 games for example if during that stretch they are 5-6 games under .500 I doubt Khokhlachev will help. The team needs to play better in order to have Khokhlachev have an impact if he returns.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:15 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Pavelka is an average goalie in the OHL. He's 14th in GAA and 13th in sv% and his gaa and sv% isn't that improved from last year. If I told some OHL team traded a 40 goal man for a goalie that ranks in the lower half of the league of GAA and sv% what would you say?

If the coaching staff wants Khokhlachev to play in a hybrid trap which they pretty much play right now I bet you the team still has issues scoring goals. Right now Windsor is well below 3 goals per game, you're telling me with Khokhlachev is worth 1+ goals per game? Things don't exactly work that way.
You should say former 40 goal scorer as he only scored 7 goals in 30 games,and had only 11 pts in 20 playoff games,had he scored at a 40 goal then maybe Niagara would have beat London
I think Pavelka,3 2nd rd picks,and 1st rd Euro pick has turned just fine when u consider what return Niagara got in Kuhnhackl
The facts as it pertains to Kuhnhackl are undenieable

Old
11-08-2012, 04:18 PM
OHLTG

Quote:

Take away the three horrible TEAM effort games and what do you have? You make it sound like Pavelka was at fault for those blow-outs, which I don't understand. Kuhnhackl also had less than 1 point-per-game with Niagara, so he wasn't as effective as you'd think. Maybe you need to come to a game and see Pavelka in person because it sounds like he's done you wrong in the past. The kid could have a goal against in 40 shots and you'd blame him for not having a shut-out.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
You should say former 40 goal scorer as he only scored 7 goals in 30 games,and had only 11 pts in 20 playoff games,had he scored at a 40 goal then maybe Niagara would have beat London
I think Pavelka,3 2nd rd picks,and 1st rd Euro pick has turned just fine when u consider what return Niagara got in Kuhnhackl
The facts as it pertains to Kuhnhackl are undenieable
Should be noted that the 1st 2nd rd pick was used on selecting Def
Patrick Sanvido who at 16 has shown promise for the future
Still say Pavelka,Sanvido,2 more 2nds and a 1st euro pick are better then a guy who scored 13 goals in 50 games,and is no longer playing in the League

Old
11-08-2012, 04:47 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I agree 100% about their play on the road, I guess we will see the type of performance they have against Plymouth who's been playing well recently. I would throw Kitchener in that mix as well they haven't been great on the road but after having 8 straight to start the season they stayed afloat and are unbeaten at home. Even in their 11 road games Kitchener has only given up 29 goals. As for knocking everybody else down a line I guess it depends who it knocks down if Johnson or Maletta get knocked down a peg that isn't going to help them produce. If you put either with a guy like Clark, Clarke, Studnicka or Verbeek I doubt Johnson or Maletta would improve. We also haven't talked about a lot depends how Windsor does in their next 20 games for example if during that stretch they are 5-6 games under .500 I doubt Khokhlachev will help. The team needs to play better in order to have Khokhlachev have an impact if he returns.
Rayzor

You forgot to mention that Kitchener only has 22 goals for in those 11 games,with less then half at even strength,explaining their under 500 record on the road but I digress
As for the spits next 20 games should be interesting,as during parts of the last 6-8 games they may be missing Rychel,Vail,Seiloff,HoSang,and Sanvido due to tournament obligations or tryouts
I think Seiloff,HoSang and Sanvido will be away while Rychel and Vail will garner tryouts but might not make their respective teams,but will still miss games
I would take a 500 record considering those possibilities going forward with the next 20

Closed Thread