HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yeah, because that's exactly what "keep your call outs in the dressing room" means. And if he wants to speak to the press you always include yourself as to not be seen as blasting your teammates "We all have to look in the mirror and give a stronger, more consistent effort".
What if he's already done the call-outs in the room? Do you know he hasn't? I don't. Maybe that's what this team needs - someone stepping up and saying something. I know you want him to include himself, but I see him as one of the few guys who works his tail off every night to get the job done.

Quote:
I'm sure teammates appreciate such a blame game sentiment coming from a plug like Bilcke. I bet it's easier to give 100% when you play 5 shifts a game and are not depended on or expected to score.
Who cares how many minutes a game he plays? So, a guy who plays 5 minutes has 1/4 the say of a guy who plays 20? Disagree. He's been there as long as many of them, and longer than most. He has every right to say what he feels.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Ty speaking out he's frustrated but overall it doesn't really move the needle. Ty is just as disposable as other guys on the team and he really doesn't play enough to merit saying much.
Again, how is playing time a factor in what you can say or can't say? If a guy's on the team for multiple years, but gets a couple shifts per game, he has fewer rights over a kid who's brand new, but gets 15-20 min a game? No.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:27 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Verbeek kicked the **** out of him i had a front row seat it was literally right in front of me, they dropped em and Verbeek gave him 4 or 5 shots before Lemieux could react which resulted in Lemieux with a busted up nose there was alot of blood.Decision To Verbeek by quite abit
Thanks! Heard Verbeek is going to be a tough one to play against moving forward. Not in the heavyweight type way but more an agressive, feisty agitator type capable of some points. Sound right from what youve seen in limited PT

Old
11-30-2012, 01:30 PM
RayzorIsDull

They have already had a team meeting so I imagine in some sort of way there have been call outs. The time for talk is over it's time to show it on the ice.

You don't understand what Otto and I are saying that is quite clear. When a guy who plays very little, who has very little impact in games the words ring hollow. An apt comparison would be the janitor in a building after the ceo of a company has had a tough day at the office and they lost some money bad day on the markets. Then the janitor tells the ceo he needs to do a better job and to step it up.

In other words guys like Vail and Rychel put forth an effort, so does Sieloff. What is Ty Bilcke going to do tonight to help win this game, is he going to get a huge goal? Is he going to back check and prevent and big scoring opportunity? Bilcke had a hand full of shifts last night, he tried to lay a big check and flew over the player. In other words Bilcke has no place to tell people to step it up when his own game hasn't improved and is extremely flawed. Ty Bilcke isn't a spokesperson he doesn't wear the C or the A, Bilcke should fall in line and follow those guys. Vail, Sieloff, Rychel and Posa should be the guys the team follows, not Bilcke.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Thanks! Heard Verbeek is going to be a tough one to play against moving forward. Not in the heavyweight type way but more an agressive, feisty agitator type capable of some points. Sound right from what youve seen in limited PT
Yea you can tell he is feisty, and has a bite to him the kid gives 100% in the limited 5-10 shifts he gets but the kid couldn't buy a point. He has some wheels on him and can fly, I think he will be a good grinder type player who will be gritty and get some points but only time will tell how he will progress, the way some players have progressed here(Meletta, Johnson, Bateman) I'm not going to get my hopes up at all.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:07 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
They have already had a team meeting so I imagine in some sort of way there have been call outs. The time for talk is over it's time to show it on the ice.

You don't understand what Otto and I are saying that is quite clear. When a guy who plays very little, who has very little impact in games the words ring hollow. An apt comparison would be the janitor in a building after the ceo of a company has had a tough day at the office and they lost some money bad day on the markets. Then the janitor tells the ceo he needs to do a better job and to step it up.

In other words guys like Vail and Rychel put forth an effort, so does Sieloff. What is Ty Bilcke going to do tonight to help win this game, is he going to get a huge goal? Is he going to back check and prevent and big scoring opportunity? Bilcke had a hand full of shifts last night, he tried to lay a big check and flew over the player. In other words Bilcke has no place to tell people to step it up when his own game hasn't improved and is extremely flawed. Ty Bilcke isn't a spokesperson he doesn't wear the C or the A, Bilcke should fall in line and follow those guys. Vail, Sieloff, Rychel and Posa should be the guys the team follows, not Bilcke.
I understand what you're saying. Whether or not I agree is a different story. Comparing Bilcke to a janitor is an insult, come on man. So, because Bilcke doesn't put up the points, he's automatically less valuable than a guy like Marchese? I love how much points and ice time are considered the only values on a team. Does anyone remember how messed up our team was after Janssen was dealt? They were scared of anything that moved. Chanse Fitzpatrick had a field day!

Let me ask - if Janssen or Greenop called someone out, would you be saying the same thing? Just because they're enforcers doesn't give them any less of a voice.

Wait, hold on...only the C and A's should be able to say something? How does one BECOME a C or an A? By saying something! By leading the team!

I'd love to see how people on here go up to Bilcke and say "you got no right to say anything. You're just a 4th line plug." My guess is he'd laugh and walk away.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Ottomatic

Bilcke is in the Kerby Rychel clique - that's why he thinks he can speak out like this. This is fake "leadership" stuff when you're calling out the same old players - aka "the others", while slobbering all over Boughner and Rychel. Ty knows who butters his bread.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:20 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Bilcke is in the Kerby Rychel clique - that's why he thinks he can speak out like this. This is fake "leadership" stuff when you're calling out the same old players - aka "the others", while slobbering all over Boughner and Rychel. Ty knows who butters his bread.
Show me where he's mentioned names.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Hahah Like how do you know there's "cliques", what number do you where? Are you the fourth coach we don't know about, I think it's hilarious when people say there's cliques and they think they know what's going on...well unless your friends with some players or coaches you don't know Anything, there the only people that know what really goes on are the players and coaches I HIGHLY doubt the room is divided...and you guys think Kirby gets special treatment common give your heads a shake he gets treated like everyone else there not going to put him above everyone how would it look to the teammates.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:34 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I understand what you're saying. Whether or not I agree is a different story. Comparing Bilcke to a janitor is an insult, come on man. So, because Bilcke doesn't put up the points, he's automatically less valuable than a guy like Marchese? I love how much points and ice time are considered the only values on a team. Does anyone remember how messed up our team was after Janssen was dealt? They were scared of anything that moved. Chanse Fitzpatrick had a field day!

Let me ask - if Janssen or Greenop called someone out, would you be saying the same thing? Just because they're enforcers doesn't give them any less of a voice.

Wait, hold on...only the C and A's should be able to say something? How does one BECOME a C or an A? By saying something! By leading the team!

I'd love to see how people on here go up to Bilcke and say "you got no right to say anything. You're just a 4th line plug." My guess is he'd laugh and walk away.
No it's not because Bilcke doesn't put up points. It's because he doesn't skate well enough to do much. He can't play PK, he really can't play PP and the PP has actually been successful, he can't be on the ice in the last minute of a 1 goal game. This is why I am not a huge fan of Bilcke. Seemed like he took more pride in getting fighting majors than working on his game last year.

Actually I am not a big fan of Marchese and don't want him in Windsor. He admits he checked out in Erie, he's a reclamation project and tight with Kerby. He hasn't been good.

In 03/04 the Spits were a veteran team with a bunch of 19 year olds, 20 year olds and very few young guys. They traded Janssen so they could get a young player in Garlock and wanted to build around him and others. The team was hopeless that year and weren't getting the job done I don't see why you should be upset that Chanse Fitzpatrick intimidated the team.

Janssen and Greenop worked at their trade and got drafted. Janssen has carved out a role, due to concussions it's a shame Greenop couldn't carve out his niche.

The C's and A's are the leaders it's not because they spoke/speak up. There are other areas like Vail staying in Windsor all offseason, the strides he made from 16-17, the way he has worked out his skating, his shot. The same can be said for Rychel. Posa is captain I imagine a lot due in part with being the longest serving current Spitfire. Sieloff because he came in with a rep of being a leader in the USNDP, a shutdown D who takes care of his own end and is very valuable.

I would tell Bilcke he shouldn't be talking because it's the truth, like I said earlier his comments ring hollow. This team will only go as far as Vail, Rychel, Ho-Sang, Sieloff, Ebert, Clarke, Johnson etc.. take them. If Bilcke laughs and walks away that's fine it doesn't change the fact he's speaking up when it is neither the time nor the place. Let's see how Bilcke's words transfer to the performance tonight.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
No it's not because Bilcke doesn't put up points. It's because he doesn't skate well enough to do much. He can't play PK, he really can't play PP and the PP has actually been successful, he can't be on the ice in the last minute of a 1 goal game. This is why I am not a huge fan of Bilcke. Seemed like he took more pride in getting fighting majors than working on his game last year.
Might want to watch his game this year, then. He's had a few chances and simply hasn't put them away.

Quote:
Actually I am not a big fan of Marchese and don't want him in Windsor. He admits he checked out in Erie, he's a reclamation project and tight with Kerby. He hasn't been good.
At least you got my point

Quote:
In 03/04 the Spits were a veteran team with a bunch of 19 year olds, 20 year olds and very few young guys. They traded Janssen so they could get a young player in Garlock and wanted to build around him and others. The team was hopeless that year and weren't getting the job done I don't see why you should be upset that Chanse Fitzpatrick intimidated the team.
You want to see our team scared to play hockey? Fitzpatrick did what he wanted, when he wanted, to whomever he wanted, and laughed the entire game. You think he does that with Janssen on the ice? Nope.

Quote:
The C's and A's are the leaders it's not because they spoke/speak up. There are other areas like Vail staying in Windsor all offseason, the strides he made from 16-17, the way he has worked out his skating, his shot. The same can be said for Rychel. Posa is captain I imagine a lot due in part with being the longest serving current Spitfire. Sieloff because he came in with a rep of being a leader in the USNDP, a shutdown D who takes care of his own end and is very valuable.
Speaking up also helps, though. Guys lead by example and saying what you have to say in the room is part of that.

Quote:
I would tell Bilcke he shouldn't be talking because it's the truth
I would pay to see this.

Quote:
If Bilcke laughs and walks away that's fine it doesn't change the fact he's speaking up when it is neither the time nor the place.
According to you. Funny, I was out and about with a friend of mine this afternoon and she was reading the article with the Bilcke stuff in it. She laughed and said "about time someone calls the boys out."

Old
11-30-2012, 02:52 PM
RayzorIsDull

OHLTG fact that game Fitzpatrick ran around the Wolves still lost that game to the Spits 5-2. So if the players were afraid for Fitzpatrick how did they ever overcome their fear to win a game?

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/16959

Old
11-30-2012, 03:01 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
OHLTG fact that game Fitzpatrick ran around the Wolves still lost that game to the Spits 5-2. So if the players were afraid for Fitzpatrick how did they ever overcome their fear to win a game?

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/16959
Sudbury was horrible.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
etr102

Wow that's a strange camera angle for this game.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:57 PM
OHLTG

When they added the seats in the Aud, they moved the press box higher up. I think that's where the camera is.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Spitsfan67*

Omg where's Waldo.....he just re appeared after not seeing him for the past month.(Johnson)

Old
11-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Ottomatic

Spits have a 5-0 PP advantage - yeah, that's not going to last. Expect Kitchener to get 3-4 straight pretty soon.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Spitsfan67*

One of the best goals/Plays of the year, Ho-Sang has deadly hands and gave Marchese a tap in.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Sec108

Quote:
Who were Johnson's linemates last year? Has Johnson been tried on a line with Ho-Sang at all this year?
You called it Otto.Johnson and Ho sang's speed compliment each other.Hope they look for some chemistry between the two.I remember in training camp and exh.games they looked good together and then were separated.

Nice set up for Marchese by Josh also.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:58 PM
KyGuy9

The one game Pav isn't superman in the shootout, the Spits score in the shootout like crazy. Good effort by the Spits today, though. Josh's passing and smarts are off the chart. And I read somewhere that Peterborough would possibly ask for compensation from the Spits for Schoe not reporting. Would that turn the trade against the Spits then?

Old
11-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Sec108

Don't understand why Trevor Murphy wasnt used in the shootout.Wasnt he one of the Petes snipers in shootouts.???

And yes it was a good effort tonight.Shows what a team effort can accomplish.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
The one game Pav isn't superman in the shootout, the Spits score in the shootout like crazy. Good effort by the Spits today, though. Josh's passing and smarts are off the chart. And I read somewhere that Peterborough would possibly ask for compensation from the Spits for Schoe not reporting. Would that turn the trade against the Spits then?
Can Shoenmakers go back to the Spits then? Because otherwise why should the Spits have to pay more? Petes could trade him to recoup some value.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Can Shoenmakers go back to the Spits then? Because otherwise why should the Spits have to pay more? Petes could trade him to recoup some value.
As long as they don't send Devlin back i don't care what the Pete's do. I don't know how obligated we would be to provide compensation after the fact however, that sounds a bit greasy. If a kid goes home on a team that should be their problem.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:26 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Omg where's Waldo.....he just re appeared after not seeing him for the past month.(Johnson)
I wasn't able to see the game in person (watched it on TV) so I guess I'll have to look at the score sheet but unless I'm mistaken these eyes did not see any of the following.....

Now there off to Kitchener to get humiliated on national TV. The game will probably be 10-2.

Humor me ...perhaps you have a prediction for the game on Sunday

Old
11-30-2012, 10:30 PM
youngblood10

That's bs if Peterborough thinks the Spits owe them something. It was common for players not to show up in Windsor after a trade back in the day, then the Spits would usually flip that player to Plymouth/Detroit for a song......

Too much standing around watching again tonight from my stand point of the Spits performance. They really need some players who want that puck and will battle for it. It's great Kirby is putting up numbers garbage picking but you can't have half the team doing that. Ho-Sang and Sieloff played their guts out tonight.

I had much higher hopes for many on this team but they are just to soft and like I keep saying don't skate and hesitate. Basically were beaten by the Rangers B team tonight.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
I wasn't able to see the game in person (watched it on TV) so I guess I'll have to look at the score sheet but unless I'm mistaken these eyes did not see any of the following.....

Now there off to Kitchener to get humiliated on national TV. The game will probably be 10-2.

Humor me ...perhaps you have a prediction for the game on Sunday
Hey can you tell me the result of the game? Ohh yea they lost so it doesn't matter and clearly that prediction was an over exadjuration, it was supposed to imply that they would get beat badly but for the most part the made it a game.

Closed Thread